[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another keto thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Jessica-Biel-Photo.jpg (2 MB, 1308x1920) Image search: [Google]
Jessica-Biel-Photo.jpg
2 MB, 1308x1920
DISCLAIMER:
If plan to come here to bitch about ketogenic diets, please don't. I have been on /fit/ for over 5 years so spare me, I know what the general opinion towards keto is here.
However, I have other goals beside weight loss, and have decided to try this route.

Can we discuss keto recipes?
I'm actually starting tomorrow and haven't really planned out any meals. I'll probably start with an egg salad and go from there.
I have been intermittent fasting for years now, but I'm considering "bulletproof" coffee for breakfast. Partly because I don't like black coffee and partly because I could use the energy after morning cardio.
Do you consider BP coffee just successful marketing or actually something worthwhile?
Thoughts, experiences?
Most importantly, tips?
>>
When I did keto I ate the same shit every day.

Morning:

Protein shake + some sharp cheddar and a few tbsps of peanut butter

Lunch:

8-10oz chicken breast + slice of pepper jack w/mustard

Dinner:

Either the same as lunch or a few Burger patties with cheese.

Snacks:

Pork rinds + salsa
Celery + peanut butter
Peanut butter

Cavemanketo has a comprehensive recipe list
>>
>>36190237

>I have been intermittent fasting for years now, but I'm considering "bulletproof" coffee for breakfast. Partly because I don't like black coffee and partly because I could use the energy after morning cardio.

Try some carbs.
>>
>Keto
>Intermittent fasting
You're a walking meme.
>>
>>36190237
Egg everthing. I lost 30lbs with keto but I couldn't eat eggs for months, no foolin'.

Just google "Keto recipes", there's plenty of good stuff on there if you're willing to cook (and clean) a little bit. Believe it or not buffalo chicken is great low carb food provided you make it yourself
>>
>>36190237
Just had keto cheesecake. It's surprisingly good. My mom has lost a lot of weight on a keto diet. Fuck not being able to have oatmeal though. Can't work out effectively without carbs.
>>
Stop with the recipe bullshit. if you're that desperate for normal stuff youre going to fail.

Eggs, bacon, meat done. Get used to it.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 313x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 313x352
But Jesus ate bread and wine
>>
>>36190445
>d-do things my way! It's n-not suppose to be easy and enjoyable!
>>
File: 1452310125359.png (404 KB, 904x596) Image search: [Google]
1452310125359.png
404 KB, 904x596
>>36190619
>eggs, bacon, meat and leafy greens are not easy to cook or enjoyable

What
>>
>>36190237
Best keto recipe:
Get big ass full fat ribeye.
Sear hardcore on both sides.
Eat that delicious chunk of meat.
If a side is desired 6-8 eggs scrambled with some hot sauce is pretty based.
>>
>>36190384
>Egg everthing. I lost 30lbs with keto but I couldn't eat eggs for months, no foolin'.
Might be something wrong with you brah. Eggs are delicious.
I did steak and eggs for like 6 months, consumed 1-2lbs of steak +10-20 eggs per day.
Never got tired of it, enjoyed every single meal. Still love eggs (and steak obviously).
>>
Fuckin plebs whining about keto

I'm doing PSMF right now

All I have is 2 whey shakes, 2 cans of tuna, 8 oz chicken and lots of broccoli. Literally, thats my entire day right there.

I guess coffee too.
>>
>>36190653
>I will never have what amounts to a regular diet because I am terrified of Stevia and flour substitutes.
>>
>>36190445
This.
If you ever read the veto forum on reddit you'll see that shit attitude, trying to recreate their shit food and thinking kept is hard and that you have to find special shit. Like no it's not just eating fucking meat and eggs and leafy greens if you absolutely must. Easiest diet in the world. No wonder those fatfucks inevitably fail.

Like seriously keto cakes, keto pancakes, keto whatever the fuck retarded shit. Pisses me off how idiotic these people are. And loading everything up with sugar substitutes and drinking diet soda. Fucking morons.
Plus the idiots that decide to eat heavy cream as a dessert or whatever and can't handle it without adding stevia o some shit, like what the fuck? Cream is naturally sweet by itself, how fucking rest by sugar are their tastebuds?!

yeah I mad obviously.
>>
>>36190748
stevia has carbs doe
>>
>>36190748
I use aspartame in my coffee if that counts. I have never even heard of stevia or carb less flour substitutes tbqh you senpai.

Don't project or troll me, you'll ruin the thread
>>
>>36190758
>thinking fatty fat fats have any amount of willpower

At least they're trying, anon.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 250x167
>>36190758
I fuckin hate r Keto and r ketogains. Bunch of dummies
>>
>>36190788
stevia is based off a plant from the sunflower family, I believe. Its crazy crazy sweet... like unbelievably sweet, honestly.
>>
In keto diet you get most of your energy from fat so I would say eat lots of beef, salmon, avacodo and snack on nuts of all kinds also whole milk and cheese will up your fat really quick. It's easy to go over your daily calories with fats because there are 9 calories per gram of fat while carbs it's 4. I would just track for a few days to try to get a sense for where you should stop eating. Good luck.
>>
>>36190237
Just take some caffeine pills, you memelord.
>>
>>36190237
I would be very careful around bulletproof coffee.

Right now it's new and untested and I'd like to wait 10 or so years for some gurus (guinea pigs) to start dropping dead of heart attacks before I commit.

Something in my gut tells me bulletproof coffee is wonky. I love me some butter in my diet, but BP coffee is OTT.
>>
>>36190237
When you get sick of eggs for breakfast every day eat fish. Vital omegas for all your homone regulatory functions and your brain tissue craves those omega oils to keep it running well.

If you must have carbs with your morning meal then wean yourself off bread using corn tortillas. Before long you wont even miss bread after the cravings and shakes have passed.

I've been on this diet awhile and I've noticed that fish/egg breakfast will keep me feeling more full for longer, less prone to snacking. It's just generally more of a satisfying diet.

You're still gonna crave the carbs so keep some rice, potatoes and oats for those times when you give in. If you're gonna have carbs at least make them semi good ones.
>>
This is based on the recomnedations from experts in Low Carb High Fat diets.

> induction phase is less than 50gr carbs a day
> don't consume whey protein 2 much sugar in it will spike your insulin.
> 1.5 -2.2 gr of protein per KG of reference body weight (1.75cm person would eat 105-155grs a day)
> any fatty meats cooked in butter is good place to start.
> only green veggies for carbs
> mono and saturated fats only (olive oil, coconut oil, lard, butter, fatty meats)
> usually there is no need to count calories but If you do macro ratio usually is 5-10% carbs / 15-20% protein / 70-75% fats.
> 4gr sodium a day and drink tons of water.
>>
I'm actually jumping back on the keto bandwagon.

Over years I've done lots of trial and error, nothing seems to work for me as well as low carb.

Today my goal is to eat nothing but 50/50 meat and vegetables and drink nothing but water and black coffee. If I can make it all the way to bedtime and not screw that up, I'll consider today a brilliant success.

Repeat ad infinitum until I'm not so fucking fat anymore.
>>
>>36190374
Not him but I've been loving IF. Idk about all the supposed benefits but it's awesome for cutting, since you're eliminating a whole meal from your day. I like it just cause I feel like I'm eating decent sized meals for lunch and dinner, and just skipping breakfast.
>>
>>36191962
>is fat
>for years
>hurr low carb is the only thing that works
Have you tried EATING LESS??
>>
>>36192114

> look mom I posted it again!
>>
File: 1455750378660.jpg (23 KB, 325x278) Image search: [Google]
1455750378660.jpg
23 KB, 325x278
>>36192114
Very scientific desu, but not all of us follow the cut-or-bulk meme
>>
>>36190237
>I have been on /fit/ for over 5 years so spare me
>somehow missed all the discussions on bulletproof coffee
>somehow missed all the infographics on keto recipes
>asking all these basic ass questions
>implying keto didn't explode on fit early 2013
Why do you have to lie
>>
>>36190237
if you're doing keto and IF be sure to spread your protein apart during your feeding window because too much at once will spike your insuling and take you out of keto, that was a mistake i did, eating only one big meal a day and thinking i was doing keto, i wasnt
second thing is if you're doing keto, doing it properly and you're getting headaches and overall feeling awful, add salt to your diet up to a total of ~6g per day, because keto loses so much water, added salt will help keep some of it and should help with the headaches and feeling lousy
>>
>>36190445
>asking for recipes means I want to eat carbs
What the fuck makes you think this?

>Like seriously keto cakes, keto pancakes, keto whatever the fuck retarded shit. Pisses me off how idiotic these people are.
Lots of assumptions there.

>>36192513
I haven't missed anything you faggot.
Keto was popular here around 2011. After that it's been on a steep decline.
>>
>>36192742
If you've been around for as long as you claim you have you wouldn't be asking these questions.

If you've been around for as long as you claim you have you wouldn't be asking these questions because if you've been lifting for 5 years you would know what keto is for and how to do it.

Either you've spent five years on /fit/ not lifting or very new. Which one is it?
>>
>>36193294
What the fuck is your problem?
I'm asking for tips, not basic info.
I know what fucking keto is. I know how much of what to consume, what to do and what not to do. I'm asking for fucking recipes and anything useful I might have missed. Are you this butthurt that it turns out you're not as 'oldfag' as you thought you were?
>>
>>36193334
>I'm asking for tips, not basic info.
If you've been lifting and/or have been on /fit/ for as long as you have claimed to be, you would not be "asking for tips," you would be giving them.

>I'm asking for fucking recipes and anything useful I might have missed.
Like I've said, if you've been lifting and/or have been on /fit/ for as long as you have claimed to be, you would not have missed these things you are looking for.

You are caught. Leave.
>>
>>36194171
Holy shit bro OP just wants some assistance. Don't be such a shitlord know-it-all. Remember this and remember it well padawan: we are all here because we lift, and we lift to improve ourselves in one way or another. so I don't care if someone curls 5 lbs and benches 45, if they put in work and want some help, I'll make sure the fucking get it. I bet you lift next to newbies to feel better about yourself whenever the big guys roll around. And you probably jerk off thinking about Jeff seid.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.