[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Broscience >Shrugs and calf raises work >Anabolic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: 31231232.jpg (144 KB, 1032x562) Image search: [Google]
31231232.jpg
144 KB, 1032x562
ITT: Broscience

>Shrugs and calf raises work
>Anabolic window is real
>You need one g of protein per lbs of BW
>>
>>36186721

I take it you're both a calflet and a traplet
>>
>>36186721
going by weightlifting books 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight is what is recommended, so its not really broscience.
>>
>>36186727
>not doing cleans for trap work

get a load of the dyel
>>

these wont work if you're a weak and skinny lanklet bitch
>>
>>36186733

but is it backed by real science?
>>
This just in: Not everyone is the same.

OHP/Deadlifts hasn't done shit for muh traps in the last few years lifting. I'm forced to do some kind of isolating of the traps, which involves shrugs, several times a week, ontop of my normal routine.

Also calf training works, it's just that people go way too heavy (because it's really easy to overload on a calf machine) and don't actually train them properly. Start doing calf raises with a barbell instead.
>>
>>36186734
unless your a weightlifter or an athlete, doing cleans and power cleans is autistic
>>
>>36186721
> the more muscles you have, the more girls you get
> lifting weights will give you confidence
>>
>>36186740
probably not, but then peer reviewed science is usually done by non lifters and for non lifters, id trust coaches over them.

I mean theres no peer reviewed science about the effects of anavar, or tren or various other steroids, but by experiment and anecdotes we know what their effects are.
>>
>>36186753
If you're starting as a skinnyfag it's probably true.

It may increase by 1% but it's still true
>>
>wrist curls are healthy and will give me better forearms
>supersets
>time under tension
>>
If you have never put on straps and done heavy singles with weight overyour deadlift 1rm on shrugs you can't say they don't work
>>
How to cleans and deadlifts work traps? You're lifting with your legs and hips, not arms and shoulders.
>>
>>36186819
True, going from skinny wretch to having the body of a formidable man may increase confidence and female attention.

But it's not an infinite 1:1 correlation line. Most people would hit the law of diminishing returns within 18 months, whereby any muscle made after that point becomes detrimental to your social standing.
>>
>>36186751
unless you're a pussy or a child, not doing cleans is autistic
>>
>>36186867

This is true.

But after 18 months time you no longer care about lifting for girls.
>>
>>36186733
The advantage of consuming more than 3/4g/lb is negligible.
>>
>>36186866
Your lower body is where the power comes from, but you need your lower back, lats, traps, forearms etc. to keep your body stable and safe while lifting so you still get those muscles bigger as well
>>
>>36186877
Spoken like a true try hard autist kek
>>
>>36186877
I dont know anon, his argument is more convincing
>>
>>36186733
...but actually studies have never shown a benefit to anything over about 0.82g / lb and that was the extreme high end. Most showed that going past about 0.6g or so per lb was pointless.
>>
>>36186721
The anabolic window does exist, it is just longer than most broscience claims (more like a couple hours) and makes a smaller difference than most realize.
>>
>>36186880
>negligible
What do you meant by this?
>>
>>36187146
Consuming more will not make a significant/noticable difference
>>
>>36187146
Anything over that level is negligible, as in so insignificant that it can't be considered measurably useful.
>>
>>36186880

No one said anything about over 1g though you fucking CUNT LMAO
>>
>>36187210
So basically eating protein above that point is a waste of money? I doubt it as most of the best physiques I've seen were built by people eating vast amounts of protein
>>
>>36187222
If anything beyond 0.75g proved to be useless then that, by extension, includes amounts over 1g. Most of the studies of this tested several amount over 1g/lb and there was no measurable benefit over lower amounts.
>>
>>36187238
Correct. Just because they at x amount of protein to get those bodies doesn't mean that x/2 amounts wouldn't have worked just as well. That's exactly what the studies showed. Going over that amount didn't cause a negative result, but didn't improve the positive result either.
>>
>>36186829
Honestly supersets have their place, I usually superset lateral raises and tricep isolation to save time and because I barely care about those exercises. Of course, superseting the same muscle is beyond retarded
>>
>>36186829

>mfw I superset squats with deadlifts

I'm considering taking a fifteen minute break between them because honestly I couldn't even deadlift one rep after just finishing my squats. But what am I supposed to do when the deadlift platform is just next to the squat rack? I can't just wait because it'll get taken and I can't deadlift for an hour because the fucking platform is busy
>>
>>36186721
>You need one g of protein per lbs of BW

it's actually a recommendation to consume 0,9g/kg of BW, and some studies suggest that an intake ranging from 1,5-2,0g/kg BW can be beneficial to your healthy (even without resistance training)
>>
>>36187279

You need 1g per kg BW if you're NOT training weights. You need more if you're lifting and actively seeking anabolism.
>>
>>36186880
> RDA for SA
What's the RDA for SS mate?
>>
>>36186877
proving his point
>>
>>36187238
>>36186761

>I doubt it as most of the best physiques I've seen were built by people eating vast amounts of protein
>peer reviewed science is usually done by non lifters and for non lifters, id trust coaches over them.
How can people say stuff like this in 2016?
>>
>I wake up
>I immediately take two fish oil tabs, a centrum, 5g of creatine, and a B12 injection to replenish my micronutrient levels
>I get in my wheelchair and have my live-in caretaker wheel me to the kitchen because starved cardio will make me lose all my gains
>I eat 4cups of oats(only seasoned with cinnamon because it helps keep my blood pressure at 140/95), 4scoops of Mutant Mass, 2 chicken breasts, and wash it down with 1kg of egg whites
>I do 30 minutes of kundalini yoga in order to open up my blood vessels to allow for the protein in my blood to reach all my muscles, and it totally makes you taller bro I just hit 5'9"
>Now that I'm no longer catabolic, I can begin deciding on which of my 32 stringers and 17 pairs of basketball shorts I'll wear to the gym
>I decide on the bar-hop t-shirt I cut to shreds with straight black shorts
>I drink 4scoops of Hyde and grab my gym bag
>My caretaker drives me to the gym because using the gas pedal could result in calf asymmetry
>One I'm done flexing in the mirrors in the changing room I begin my 3 hour foam rolling session
>Sessions ends, and eat lunch comprised of 2 cups of brown rice, 500g broccoli, 3 chicken breasts, and 5g creatine
>I listen to BBTD while performing my simple 5x5 supersetted + 3x drop set to failure pyramid split program + accessories, it has a 40-day repeat pattern
>I immediately drink 4 scoops of Gold Standard Whey from a blender bottle I have put 6 different stickers on
>I use the steam room because a wet sweat draws out more toxins than a dry sauna sweat
>My caretaker takes me home and I relax watching cellphone videos on youtube of EDM concerts
>I perform a 90min arm workout so I face another night of crippling loneliness with a pump
>I brush my teeth strapped upside down to prevent any fluorine from entering my body and go to sleep
>>
>>36186877

found a video of this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukmGURyRcvA
>>
>>36186761
sports science is a thing you retard, and there is a metric shitton of money in it
>>
>>36186733
It's 1g per pound of lean body mass that's effective any more is retarded
>>
>>36187238
I've been rubbing my dick on my toothbrush every hour to make sure the lions stay away.

So far I have not seen any lions, it must be working.
>>
File: 1440110399305.png (148 KB, 1110x277) Image search: [Google]
1440110399305.png
148 KB, 1110x277
>>36187955
>using the gas pedal could result in calf asymmetry
Kek
>>
>>36187238
The best physiques you've seen were built by people pinning vast amounts of steroids.
>>
>>36187242
Well the chart clearly says otherwise
>>
File: IMG955626.jpg (45 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG955626.jpg
45 KB, 640x640
>>36186721
>BroScience
>2016
>taking anything Dom says seriously
Let's goooo
>>
>>36186880
>arbitrary units
>>
>>36187955
You just might make it
>>
>>36186721

>girls will like you for your personality
>>
>bodybuilding
>isolation exercises matter
>>
>>36188677
are you fucking retarded
>>
>>36186751

How about if you just want to be physically more well rounded on general? Stuff like proper cleans is indicative of mobility, posture, and quickness that has a lot of transfer to overall health/fitness in daily life
>>
>>36186740
Yes. On a cut it helps you lose fat and keep/gain muscle.
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/01/26/ajcn.115.119339
>>
>>36187955
>>I listen to BBTD while performing my simple 5x5 supersetted + 3x drop set to failure pyramid split program + accessories, it has a 40-day repeat pattern
kek
>>
>>36190494
>on a cut
>gain muscle

Sure, if you have barely been lifting for like 5 months.
>>
Anything fasting
>fasting give more muscle brah
>fasting increases test and HGH brah
>fasting makes you insulin sensitive brah dude brah mang
Takes fucking guts to claim shit that directly contradicts everything evolution stands for
>>
File: asmallcow.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
asmallcow.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>36186727
desu senpai I dunno about traps but I don't do shit for calves and they're bretty big. Literally nothing, I don't actually train legs except squat and DL.

I blame it on ex fat and running a bit
>>
File: 29168702.png (267 KB, 600x581) Image search: [Google]
29168702.png
267 KB, 600x581
>>36186749
>ohp didn't do shit for traps

Why would you expect it to
>>
>>36188500

No it doesn't. You're all mixing your units of measurement arbitrarily and this is confusing the result. The chart tracks GRAMS of protein per KILOGRAM of bodyweight. You'll notice the plateau for non-sedentary athletes is between 1.3 and 1.7 grams of protein per KILOGRAM of bodyweight. Converted for POUND of bodyweight, this comes to about .69 and .77 GRAMS per POUND.
>>
>>36186879
Yep if you haven't gone gay by 18 months you'll probably quit

>2016
>not worshipping superior male bodies with your mouth and penis
>>
>>36187279
>it's actually a recommendation to consume 0,9g/kg of BW, and some studies suggest that an intake ranging from 1,5-2,0g/kg BW can be beneficial to your healthy (even without resistance training)

Which all still translated to less than .91 grams per POUND of bodyweight.

Assuming you're a high level competitive athlete that weighs about 198 POUNDS, your 'optimal' protein intake would be somewhere between 135 and 180 grams, significantly LESS than what the common rule of thumb would have you consume, and significantly more than what most of the semi-sedentary cunts that post on this board actually need.
>>
>>36191758
>>36191857

My point being that we are all being marketed to by supplement companies pushing their trash on us as if it was something we need when most of can easily source all or protein needs from really readily available foods.

You do not need powders to get big. Eat smart; save your money.
>>
all lifting science is broscience because what phd in his right mind would waste his precious time trying to figure out the optimal amounts of proteins and lifts it takes to look good for the approval of a bunch of manlets??!!?!??

/thread
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.