[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Lowbar squats >Sumo deadlifts >Bench shirt >Tight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: 1454190359911.png (48 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1454190359911.png
48 KB, 750x750
>Lowbar squats
>Sumo deadlifts
>Bench shirt
>Tight ass knee wraps
>Wrist wraps
>Lever belt
>Following Matt Ogus
>Following Maxx Chewning
>Following Nick Wright

Haha ok.
>>
Are you implying you do none of this?
>>
File: Laughing-Frog-Meme-07.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Frog-Meme-07.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>
>>36175477
Yes, actually.
>>
>>36174941

>are you stronger than them?

>are you more aesthetic than them?

>do you have your own youtube channell?

Keep on being jelous on japanes ecartoon image board.
>>
>>36174941
>tfw only follow Matt Ogus among all those things

the guy is bullshit shredded idgaf about the natty/enhanced stuff and the g4p senpai
>>
File: image.png (222 KB, 492x341) Image search: [Google]
image.png
222 KB, 492x341
>>36175889
>maxx chewning
>aesthetic
>>
File: 1455592031531.jpg (57 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
1455592031531.jpg
57 KB, 639x960
>training the bench with an arched back
>>
File: disgust.png (1 MB, 1169x800) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
1 MB, 1169x800
>>36174941
>>sumo deadlift
this deadlift actually gets you aesthetic while also being amazing for posture
>>lowbar squat
big legs without getting too big quads

OP I can tell you're a DYEL
>>
>>36174941
>>Lowbar squats
>>Sumo deadlifts
Yep.

>>Bench shirt
>>Tight ass knee wraps
>>Wrist wraps
>>Lever belt
>>Following Matt Ogus
>>Following Maxx Chewning
>>Following Nick Wright
Nope.

How bad am I?
>>
>>36174941
>not being part of the lowbar squats and front squats combo master race
>>
>>36176357
do you compete?
>>
>>36176357
If you're seriously planning on competing in PLing it's ok
If not do yourself a favor and go highbar
>>
>>36176343
I don't think big adductors and small quads are aesthetic.

Big quads look very good on men.

I do both lowbar and sumo btw.
>>
File: 1422156291536.jpg (37 KB, 638x350) Image search: [Google]
1422156291536.jpg
37 KB, 638x350
>>36176366
DYEL detected
lowbar kills front squat form
>>
>>36176343
i squat 4.5pl8 and deadlift 5pl8, a lot more than you fucboi
>>
>>36176373
Tried it, but it hurts my neck.
>>
>>36176393
What makes you think its a good idea to put the bar on your neck??? Put it on your fucking traps like instructed on every single video out there
>>
>>36176369
Not really, but I might do a meet in april this year.
>>
>>36176404
Ofcourse I put it on my traps, it still feel uncomfortable and hurts.
>>
>>36176393
the bar doesn't go on your neck, and the pain goes away in a few dats
train high-bar or stop lifting for a while and low-bar will hurt like a bitch for a couple of days too
>>
>>36176425
I put it on my traps, and the pain didn't go away at all.
I did stop lifting for like 6 months once, and when I returned to low bar squats, they felt absolutely fine.
>>
>>36176343
>this deadlift actually gets you aesthetic while also being amazing for posture
any truth to this? why is this the case more so than regular deadlifts
>>
>>36176498
>any truth to this
no.
>>
>>36176498
Its essentially a completely upright wide stance squat with tiny ROM, there's a reason why manlets and people who couldnt do conventional does it.
>>
This whole post is describing Asian lifters right?
>>
i use wrist straps when my grip strength runs out.

don't see why not. why cut a deadlift workout short after your forearms are tired. all you have done then is a strenuous forearm workout. use straps and get the most out of the best exercise there is.
>>
>>36176520
no, it's not you dummy.
there are various degrees of sumo.
e.g. my sumo is somewhere between what you're describing and a conventional deadlift.
>>
>>36176573
I always just use hookgrip if my grip strength runs out.
There's nothing wrong with straps.

But note that the OP said wrist wraps (use for benching), which are something completely different from straps.
>>
>>36176631
>But note that the OP said wrist wraps (use for benching), which are something completely different from straps.

Implying a NYR DYEL would know that
>>
>>36176658
Well, why not teach him then?
>>
>>36176380
>Small quads
if you only sumo deadlift with bad form then yes you'll end up with big abductors and small quads
>>36176392
cool e-stats bro
>>36176498
Because sumo deadlifts work the legs more than conventional AND it works the whole leg more evenly (quads will lag a bit behind though). For posture go look up ways to fix APT and other postural issues with lifting and sumo deadlift will appear in most of them because of the muscles they work and the muscles they don't work as much. Conventional works back more than sumo so its not as good for fixing APT as sumo deadlift.
>>
>>36176812
>His stats are higher than mine
>Must be e-statting

Says more about you than you think, retard
>>
>>36176829
>posts stats out his asshole without posting pic
>hmmm I wonder what I can call this phenomenon
>>
>>36176872
What are your stats?
>>
>>36176812
They're called adductors, not abductors.
And I referred to the lowbar squat thing when I said small quads, I only referred to sumo with big adductors.

And even then, squats will build the quads way more effectively than any type of deadlift.
>>
>people arguing whether conventional or sumo builds better physique

>deadlift doesn't build a physique at all

TOP KEK.

Deadlift is just a exercise to show off your strength.
>>
>>36176391
>I don't have the mobility to do front squats with full ROM
>>
>>36176888
does it really matter?
>>36176919
yes quads will be built more effectively by squats than deadlifts but sumo deadlifts are great for building the whole leg and promote a more masculine body type than squats do in addition to helping posture much more than squats. I mean look at girls who compete in squats and ones that compete in deadlifts and the deadlift competitors always look manly as fuck compared to the squaters
>>
>>36176392
>deadlift 495 MAX
>bragging

lulz
>>
>>36176975
Yea, judging by the fact that it is so inconceivable for you that i have said lifts makes me think you're a weak faggot. So why dont you atleast try to e-stat yourself out of this predicament faggot
>>
>>36176990
I know, its a beginner tier lift, yet only 5% of fit can lift it.
>>
>>36176975
Deadlifts build a more masculine body type because they build a thick back, not because of what they build on the legs.
My adductors grow well and are a strong point of mine, but I still think big adductors are pretty ugly while big quads aren't.
>>
>>36177006
>yet only 5% of fit can lift it.
Kek, no way.
Probably not even 1%.
>>
>>36176993
I squat 6 plate and deadlift 7.5 plate, if disagree with my methods of posting this you are a weak faggot
>logic
>>36177025
But sumo deadlifts promote better aesthetics on their own than conventional deadlifts so they would build more aesthetic body type than conventional without doing accessory work. Big legs are very important for a masculine body type and sumo adds more leg work so that you get juicy legs while still building a nice back. depending on your stance and form your quads should be getting worked nicely in sumo deadlifts too but you're right the quads won't get super 'aesthetic' without some sort of squats, but they would be decent.

But you also have to consider the postural correction sumo deadlift gives you, which is the main reason why someone would avoid squatting too much
>>
>>36176373
Why is highbar inherently better?
>>
>>36177074
So you don't think Pete Rubish is aesthetic or manly?

To be honest, I think the difference between sumo and conventional is too small to be meaningfull really.

What postural correction do you think sumo has over conventional or squats?
>>
>>36177123
http://www.swolept.com/posts/fixing-anterior-pelvic-tilt-posture-tricks-to-make-your-butt-and-gut-smaller
Look at the tight and weak muscles are in APT, that's why whenever you look up how to fix apt with exercises you'll see a deadlift variation instead of squats.
>but why sumo over conventional
because sumo works legs more to where if you only did sumo (avoiding squats for posture) you'd still be building decent legs. Conventional also has more wear on the CNS for me (initial pull for conventional is more taxing) as well as higher risk of back injury so i'd rather have sumo as my main compound lift.
>I think the difference between sumo and conventional is too small to be meaningfull really.
it's like highbar vs lowbar in that it just shifts the focus to different muscles. Sumo deadlift just shifts the focus to the legs more.
>So you don't think Pete Rubish is aesthetic or manly?
I never said squats or conventional deadlifts wern't good im just saying sumo is better for promoting aesthetics (more leg development) and better postural correction due to more focus on the hips
>>
File: 1456598904-fs8.png (23 KB, 466x267) Image search: [Google]
1456598904-fs8.png
23 KB, 466x267
>>36177261
Neither deadlifts nor squats prevent or fix APT.
I have seen this in person with a few gym buddies.
It's pretty easy to fuck up pelvic positioning on both squats and deadlifts.

But bigger adductors isn't more aesthetic, it's less aesthetic.
But it's subjective...

I see what you're getting at though.

"An electromyographic analysis of sumo and conventional style deadlifts" by Escamilla et al is pretty interesting btw.
>>
>>36177342
>belts build more aesthetic core
>tfw If I wear a belt i'll look like a faggot

>But bigger adductors isn't more aesthetic, it's less aesthetic.
eh it builds the whole leg, maybe its because I use a less wide sumo stance and avoid using those muscles too much that i've gotten better legs compared to conventional deadlift.

Of course sumo deadlift + front squats is better because you're right quads will be underdeveloped.
>Neither deadlifts nor squats prevent or fix APT.
But they do help in fixing it, my apt has gotten much better since switching to only sumo deadlifts
>>
>>36177405
>But they do help in fixing it, my apt has gotten much better since switching to only sumo deadlifts
Well, when I see those guys again, I'll mention it to them.
I already got one to do semi-sumo instead of conventional (because I think he's better build to do sumo), maybe the other will too.

Weidly enough the EMG study didn't find any differences in adductor activity between sumo and conventional, while many people definitely feel the difference.
>>
>>36174941
can't highbar without the bar riding way up into my neck.Whats the best highbar squat tutorial lads?
>>
>>36177458
>Weidly enough the EMG study didn't find any differences in adductor activity between sumo and conventional, while many people definitely feel the difference.
its only felt before I get to high weight when you have to use your whole leg+back instead of compensating with your adductors like you do during warming up and I think the EMG study didn't take into consideration this. Once you break in the weight (i.e. past your warm up) you tend not to feel it in your adductors unless your form is really shit.
>>
>>36177545
I can definitely feel it in my adductors when I go heavy.

On form-breakdown 1RM attempts, I will mostly feel it in my spinal erectors.
But I don't do those often.
>>
>>36176294
Nick wright is probably uglier than candito
>>
>>36177587
I'm not sure that's possible.
>>
Why not train both?
>>
>>36177770
I do both, nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>36177579
then maybe
1. I keep a narrower stance (semi-sumo?)
2. im grip-stalled now so Im not able to go to the full strength of my legs as my grip will give out first
3. I activate the other parts of my legs more in heavy weights so I don't feel it in my adductors as im trying to "pull" the weight up
4. different body type with different insertions
>>
>>36177798
If you're grip-limited, why not just do hook grip or use straps?

And yeah, I feel it less if I do semi-sumo instead of sumo too.
>>
>>36177811
>hook grip
thumb feels like its going to die so I can't lift as much or with as much volume, also takes away the fun factor of deadlifts because of the discomfort
>straps
cheating
>>
>>36177872
I've been doing hook grip for more than 3 years.
If you don't let the bar hang onto your thumb, and remember to squeeze/grip as hard as you can, it's not that bad.
But it does take a while to get accustomed to.

I don't think straps are cheating.
You still need to grip pretty hard with straps, otherwise it hurts the wrists.

I get a pinched nerve when wearing straps, so I can't ever use them unfortunately.
>>
>>36177482
You've probably got weak quads. Usually what ends up happening when people squat LB for a while is that they develop strong hips, but not quads.
When you try to slap on weight on a HB squat your quads are too weak to support the weight and your hips shift backwards resulting in your torso falling forwards, resulting in bar on your neck.

Drop the weight for 4-6 weeks and feel your quads working
>>
>>36174941

Wrist wraps are really nice for lowbar squatting desu senpai. Used them for the first time today.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.