[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ do you ever find yourself saying/doing something that your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: homerpalooza1.png (217 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
homerpalooza1.png
217 KB, 512x384
/fit/ do you ever find yourself saying/doing something that your parents would do? Genetics are a strange thing. It has such an impact on both our physical and mental attributes. It really makes me question how unique and personal my choices and actions are..

What are some things you do that make you stop and reflect how similar you are to your parents?

My father has insane dad strength, I have no idea how he got forearms so fucking huge programming software and doing yard work but I seem to have inherited this. My mom however is lazy as hell and many of my regrets I can see mirrored with hers. Both of them are antisocial and have no friends... I feel I am destined the same, but hey who cares when I settle down with a QT 3.14 right?
>>
>tfw both parents have hardcore ocd
>tfw checked both knobs and touched locks before sleeping at night without noticing that what I just did later

help me brehs
>>
>>36171142
opened doors with my shirt for years... thought it was logical to prevent germs. Now I cringe thinking what a fucking weirdo I must have looked like
>>
>>36171253

fuck I open them with my elbows or wrists too for that reason as well as the other. It feels weird for me not to do it.
>>
My dad and I get really irritated by the same commercials we see on TV, when no one else in my family seems to get irritated by them
>>
>>36171121
It's not genetics you stupid dumb idiots. It's just you being a product of your environment.
>>
>>36171488

It's probably both you fools
>>
>>36171121
The fact that you know how your parents would act, or what they would say, in a situation means that you grew up with and learned from their behaviors. It's not genetics you retard. Are you fat because of your genetics too?
>>
All the time, I especially notice when I repeat their idioms
>>
>>36171514
My dad is overly cautious. I had a girl who wanted to explore my cities sewers with me but all I could think of was a floodgate or some shit opening and drowning us in shit. I'll never know what was down there or what it would be like to have some fucking balls.
>>
File: pepe129.png (103 KB, 246x232) Image search: [Google]
pepe129.png
103 KB, 246x232
>>36171142

same breh

>touch garage door, front door, back door
>check stove knobs
>touch kitchen faucet three times
>turn off lights
>turn lights back on
>repeat

>bathroom
>check for goblins in shower
>touch faucet 9 times
>turn off light
>close door
>repeat

>bedroom
>turn off electronics
>make sure electronics have ample room to prevent fires
>turn off lights, get in bed
>spend ten minutes setting and checking my alarms
>think about front door
>get up and check front door
>back in bed
>check alarm again
>wait for next waive of anxiety
>>
>>36171561
>bathroom
>check for goblins in shower

Laying in bed eating blueberries, legitimately choked to the point I had to sit up from laughing so hard. Literal goblins? You're gonna have to go ahead and explain that one a bit more, please.
>>
>>36171549
What?
>>
>>36171561

I think I I heard some goblins in your bathroom?

Please check for safety reasons
>>
File: 1.jpg (12 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
12 KB, 184x184
>>36171590
kek, glad to provide the entertainment. When I was younger I was afraid of monsters/burglars/etc lying in wait behind the shower curtains. Chalk it up to too many scary movies. It sort of became a habit after a while. It serves a dual purpose in that I can also check if the shower faucet isn't dripping and that I've turned it off completely. We have a lot of spiders so sometimes I'll see a spiderbro in there too and release him into the backyard.
>>
>>36171638
this mad me sad bro
>>
>>36171549
Yeah my dad was the same. Got in trouble for leaving a towel on the oven. The oven was off.. he got upset & was like WHAT IF THE CAT RAN ACROSS & ACCIDENTALLY TURNED IT ON & BURNT DOWN THE HOUSE. I was like lol wut.
>>
>be visiting family
>They live on the other side of the nation so I havent seen them in 10 or so years
>aunts/grandma start freaking out after a few hours
>they take out old picture of my dad, we look identical down to the hair style (shaggy)
>They say I walk the same, talk the same, sound the same, have the same fashion sense and make all the same jokes
>apparently being alone with me is weird because its like their bother never aged
>>
File: 1442202806292.png (350 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1442202806292.png
350 KB, 800x800
>>36171649
Oh man getting yelled at for "What If"s. That brings back memories...
>>
>Dad started to go crazy when he was 35
fug :DDDDDDD
>>
>>36171121
My dad was alpha as fuck. But also a serial killer. He would run over bicyclists with his truck on the parkway, and he murdered a prostitute, and chopped a security guard's arm off with a chainsaw, and killed his own brother in the woods in a drunken rage with a gun. My dad didn't have friends, he had slaves, everyone he knew he would force them into submission to him, total dominance. If they wanted his drugs they had to obey, and if they didn't they got the beating of a lifetime. Unfortunately being raised with him only turned me into a GIANT PUSSY, because as I said, you were either his beta servant or you got beaten, so after an entire childhood of forced subservience my self worth and confidence were gone, I saw myself as the lesser of all around me. So yea I'm not like my dad, mostly because he beat all the potential out of me.
>>
>>36171833
Somehow my brother turned out exactly like my dad, strong, alpha, super criminal, tons of money and girls, beating the shit out of a ton of beta orbiters who need him for drugs. But he is in prison now, because that shit doesn't fly anymore in 2016. They have eyes everywhere. My dad could get away with it back in "the good old days" when what happened in private stayed in private.
>>
My dad
>dropped out of school
>right wing conservative
>lifting and politics are his only hobbies
>introvert, barely any friends
>loves drugs and alcohol
>womanizer
>works at post office

as I grew up, I never thought I'd be anything like him. I always told myself never to become my dad. But now i'm 21 and just applied to the post office cuz i cant find another job, and now all of the above points apply to me.
I dont know how to feel brehs. I always thought my dad was a failure and im starting to realize im the same thing as he is.

Genetics are underrated, im telling you. they really do make a big difference
>>
>>36171847
Strangely my brother is super handsome and strong and 6'4 and although I am 6'4 I look like really "school shootery" if you know what I mean. Also I look like a pedophile and bald.
>>
>>36171873
My dad is awkward as fuck. The jokes he makes are cringe worthy and he is all about old shitty anime. But even though I've never heard of him hitting a gym... he is unnaturally swole. Been lifting 2.5 years, I would NOT want to take a punch from my dad.

What is this anomaly that is known as Dad Strength and how is it possible?
>>
As i get older i'm getting every single habit my dad has, and studying abroad didn't stop it at all, instead it made it a lot faster

>tfw turning into a more jacked version of my dad
>feels pretty nice, he's a good man
>>
>tfw I think my dad is a pedophile
>>
>>36172009
40 years of lifting and exercise usually helps for dad strength
>>
> dad constantly bitched about electricity bills while he leaves lights on all over the house
> made fun of him for it for years
> gf calls me out for doing the same thing
>>
>>36171314
Fuckin this
>>
apparently my brother said my dad did the same thing opening car doors for people. we would try to find the button to open the passenger side to unlock it rather than leaning over and just unlocking it manually
>>
>>36172009
Sounds familiar. My dad always makes cringe dad jokes that makes my mother groan. I find myself making goofy jokes out of everything, mostly to annoy my gf who says I sound just like my dad. Also, dad never trained but has thick forearms which he must have inherited from his mother's side. Great-grandfather sounded alpha as fuark
>coal miner
>amateur rugby player
>amateur bare-knuckle boxer
>street preacher
>would knock out men who swore in front of kids (after asking them politely not to and not in front of kids)
>on his death bed got fed up of people fussing over him so to prove a point did a handstand and walked a few steps on hands (really took it out of him though)
>>
File: 1453691578466.jpg (581 KB, 1024x1216) Image search: [Google]
1453691578466.jpg
581 KB, 1024x1216
>>36172805
someday we will all be too weak to do what we do daily now. One day we will go to the gym, punch out our sets, and never hit those numbers gain.
>>
>>36171514
>>36171121
Mental potential as well as physical, is inherited. But 99% of the similarities you have with your parents are learnt. I say 99%, this isn't a scientific number, but children separated from biological parents grow up like their adopted parents not the biological ones.
>>
>>36171121

Hmmm not sure
my dad was married at my age, popular, schizophrenic, etc etc

We're both weird I guess, and kinda same politics (not really) such is aye!
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.