[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diet question here /fit/. Im eating around 3-4 pounds of beans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 20160226_235136.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160226_235136.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Diet question here /fit/.

Im eating around 3-4 pounds of beans per day from a can. Is this safe to eat so much beans every day? I've cut down on meat and I'm eating more beans. Consuming more yogurt as well.

Im just concerned maybe such a high amount of beans are bad, but I look at diets around the world of people who live long lives and they consume large amounts of beans and legumes.

Pic related. Its my 30 bean can stash with sone peas. I like dem peas too.
>>
>>36171082
>canned food

enjoy your BPA, enjoy your xenoestrogens, enjoy your acne
>>
>>36171082
Why not buy large bags of dry beans and soak them yourself? I used to work in a kitchen, it's an easy process. Pretty much set em up and leave them for awhile.
>>
>>36171120
In the long term, it's almost the same cost. I also work in a kitchen, and I don't feel like cooking any more than I have to after plodding away in a kitchen 50 hours a week.
>>
>>36171120
And yes, generally they would be cheaper. But the cost of the canned beans at the retailer I go to is $3.50 for 6 pounds. Like this I can just pop a can and eat whenever I want to.
>>
>>36171082
i'd say yes, based on anecdotal evidence. people historically (and still in some regions of the world) subsist on a diet composed mainly of beans. same goes for potatoes and rice in other parts of the world.
>>
>>36171127
>>36171136
Makes sense. I never wanted to cook for myself after a shift either man. I believe you'll be fine, it doesn't sound as if you're letting the food sit around for gross amounts of time or anything.
>>
>>36171166
Nah, these 24 cans will be gone in 8 days, so they aren't just sitting here. I just worry about the buzzwords like lectins and such. I'm a recovered fatass, and I just find it very easy to maintain being a healthy weight while eating a lot of beans and these weird...oat bran flax wraps in the afternoons.

Went from 300 pounds down to 180. I'm not consuming as much meat as I previously was, I'm eating a lot more fish. Not so much rice though...just these fart inducing bastards.
>>
beans are great for you, but have TONS of sodium. that's generally not good for you
>>
>>36171195
I do a bit more cardio than /fit/ would suggest. Ill take the good with the bad, I need slightly more sodium, but MAYBE not at these levels.
>>
>>36171191
Hey man if you look good and feel good I wouldn't worry. But as >>36171195 said just watch the sodium intake. It's impossible to search for any food and not find a million different 'negative' side effects on the internet, just try not to lose sleep over it. From what you're saying it sounds like your nutrition is pretty on point.
>>
>>36171191
Good job on leaving whalemanity behind
>>
>>36171082
Nigger do you reaIize what the fuck is in the Iiner of those cans?

You're fucking your shit up big time.
>>
>>36171195
Rinsing the beans after you've drained them reduces the sodium content by as much as 41 percent. Open a can of beans and drain them in a colander for 2 minutes. Rinse the beans under cool, running water for 10 seconds. Drain the beans for another 2 minutes.
>>
>>36171208
carido is not going to save you when most beans of can have about 800ish mg of sodium

>>36171229
this is some serious broscience. show some citations before making this claim
>>
>>36171217
>>36171219
Thanks guys. But I still struggle with wanting to compulsively eat until I throw up. I dunno. I just like eating very large amounts of food. Always wanted to do food challenges, at least with vegetables and beans, I can do this and not actually get fat.

Sometimes I feel like I'm not going to make it because relapse is just around the corner.
>>
>>36171240
well...its actually around 4,000 per 2 cans which is what i eat in a sitting so....

But like the other poster said draining the juice from the can will dilute the sodium content. I don't eat the goopy mess at the bottom, but I still feel the sodium levels are a bit high.
>>
>>36171247
Don't think like that. Every fucking day is a struggle man, just gotta take it as it comes. Don't focus on the struggle of tomorrow, only the struggle of now. Not fit related but I cold turkey quit vidya a few months ago and I'd be lying if I didn't fiend for it every god damn day. But I don't think about how I have to resist it the next day, I just resist it as it comes. Each time you say no to relapse your brain re wires itself to deal with stress. You got from 300 to 180 man, you've come too far to relapse.
>>
Anybody got any good recipes. I'm thinking about making this: http://teaspoonofspice.com/2013/02/easy-louisiana-red-beans-brown-rice/

It looks delicious as fuck
>>
>>36171195
just rinse the beans and drink more water...chill bro
>>
>>36171264
Yea but there's always these pressures around me like famous doughnut shops, 6 pound burrito challenges, 28 inch pizza challenges etc etc. I can always run more and lift harder, but it will never actually correct the fucked up relationship I have with food.

Good job on the vidya, man. I have outgrown it a bit, I don't really miss it so much. I do have a few games I'm waiting for, but for the most part you're not really missing much.

Have you made other strides in your life though? I recently got a car, bought a house, got married all within 4 months time. Life is looking up most days. I can definitely say I don't really feel depressed anymore like I did when I was younger.
>>
File: 1456416596172.webm (782 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456416596172.webm
782 KB, 400x400
>>36171260
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/salt-and-sodium/sodium-health-risks-and-disease/

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/The-Effects-of-Excess-Sodium-Infographic_UCM_454384_SubHomePage.jsp

here you go, read up and enjoy what complications you are going to be facing being the retard you are consuming as much sodium as you do. not eating the messy end doesn't save you dumb faggot.

>>36171279
i'm calm bro, i'm trying to do this guy a favor and rising the beans doesn't magically reduce most of the sodium content from the beans. this guy is eating 3-4 pounds a day from canned beans, that is fucking retarded.
>>
>>36171289
Good on you man, you sound like you're doing well. I understand the pressure, but the pain of discipline is better than the pain of regret, ya know? Personally I haven't done much. I'm 23, already got a kid with a woman I'm not longer dating a living with a friend. It's a shit show for now but I'm studying to get certified as a personal trainer and hopefully I can start moving up in the world from there.

I don't think I'll ever fully get over vidya, but if I skipped the gym for 6 months to play it. You come to a point where you realize this shit will ruin your life and you gotta let it go. You got a wife now too, that's someone to live for. Maybe kids as well if that's what you guys want. It sounds to me like you're well on the path to makin' it breh, I wouldn't stress so much.
>>
>>36171294
You do know there is a solid 4 ounces of bean juice, not just water that sits at the bottom. I don't see how you think that that stays in the beans lol.
>>
>>36171311
Nah no kids. Ever. You'll make it man. I need to crack down and start bulking up. It's hard to explain, but I kind of in a way fear bulking because of how I used to live, I feel like I will just fuck my shit up gaining and lose control. It is a good feeling going into public like the beach etc without a shirt and not wanting to curl up and disappear from existence.

>>36171294
Well. Also given I used to eat around 30,000-40,000+ mgs a day....plus 4 liters of soda...I feel like I'm doing a lot better that I once was. Not an excuse or substitute for defnding eating a high sodium amount though, thank you for sharing the information, I will gladly read up. This is why I started the thread to get as much info as I could from both sides.
>>
>>36171265
That looks absolutely heavenly.
>>
File: image1.jpg (161 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
161 KB, 750x1334
>>36171364
Yeah dude kids suck. Love mine, but if I could go back I would have nope'd the fuck out of that whole mess. Have you tried clean bulking? I don't bulk. I eat roughly a 250 cal surplus and I looked like this a month ago. Excuse my faggoty ass tattoos, I was a dumb ass kid. I know I'm not the most impressive, but I've never done a bulk/cut cycle and I believe I'm at least above average.

Try to cut the soda out though man. That shit is killer. I just did that myself and it was tough but worth it. Energy shoots through the roof after a while.
>>
>>36171082
>>36171294
its a valid point, opie buy the reduced sodium cans. no added salt makes it come in like 600? mg or so per can so its alright. the one thing i would worry about is the BPA from the can itself. As long as you work out / do some cardio you should be healthy. Also make sure to get at least 2000mg of potassium a day
>>
>>36171404
I stopped soda a long time ago. I knew it was time to stop when I started vomiting because I had too much sugar in my body. I hat fat parents, so they made me think it was okay to be fat. As I aged though I realized holy fugg...I wasted my life.

Looking good bruv. I have before and afters somewhere, but I'd never post without a shirt on here because I'll never be aesthetic.

Keep on grinding man.
>>
File: .jpg (5 KB, 226x151) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
5 KB, 226x151
Shit quality pic sry. But face gains were huge. This is 290 vs 190
>>
File: received_10205335447379451.jpg (19 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
received_10205335447379451.jpg
19 KB, 600x400
230 after about a year of cutting vs 185 or so. My posture will never be corrected. But I have a great base to start bulking I think. But I like running really far.

Would have preferred to make faster progress but I took the slow and steady no drooping skin route.
>>
>>36171458
>>36171477
Have you considered speaking with a PT possibly? Unless your posture is due to a defect or something a PT would be able to assess overactive/under active muscles and deal with them. Looks like slight lower crossed syndrome to me. Other than that, grats on losing the weight. Also you look a lot better with the beard and the hair.
>>
So many farts...
>>
>>36171082
>>36171082
Goya beans don't have that much sodium. Up your water or rinse them before eating. I eat about 1 can a day.
>>36171110
>MUH BPA
You sound like the people who still believe eating food that was heated in a microwave will give you cancer.
>>
>>36171542
This so much.
>>
>>36171260
Goya red kidney beans have 1000mg of sodium per can. Its fine to eat 1 can a day, I wouldn't have more. I salt my foods and have other things which adds up. Rinsing them obviously reduces amount of salt but maybe not by much
>>
>>36171505
I probably should talk to a PT, only thing possibly wrong with my spine is I should've been born unable to walk because some disks protruded from the top of my back. They came together fine and now here I am.

With fucked up posture lol. Its more likely the years of playing games ruined my posture though.
>>
>>36171542
I rinse and drink a lot. But the sodium from 3 cans seems like it would still be a fuck load. I just cant stop eating them. They're delicious AF and replacing my meats for a cheap cheap cost.
>>
>>36171661
You should be ok. If you're really worried you can always get a blood test or whatever and make sure
>>
>>36171665
Actually a bretty gud idea. Things cost money in murka doe. I'll just have to monitor how I'm feeling, then maybe ill check it out in a few months. Sodium intake cant be much worse than when I ate chicken breast non stop right?
>>
>>36171709
I'm in merka durka land too. Been eating most of my calories from chicken breast each day for the past 8 months. 2 years overdue for a blood test anyway. When I used to be a fat fuck I ate shit like hot pockets for breakfast lunch and dinner and my doc told me I was healthy aside from being fat as fuck. We''ll see what the story is now
>>
>>36171082
you can buy them in bag form as well if you are worried about eating to much from cans.
>>
>>36171294
>salt isn't water soluble
>chemistry is magic that doesn't exist
>>
>buying canned beans instead of bulk dried beans

Kill yourself, my man
>>
>>36171477
You have anterior pelvic tilt. This can be fixed by stretching hip flexors and strengthening hammypoos along with glootz. Google it, find out some exercises (bridges are GOAT). And most of all, good luck!
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.