[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is a 225 bench good for a 6'5-6'6 205 lbs guy with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: 1456529162423[1].jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456529162423[1].jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
is a 225 bench good for a 6'5-6'6 205 lbs guy with long arms?

its harder for tall people to bench isnt it?

>pic related
>guy on right has huge ass arms and is tall as fuck
>skinny ass tiny wrists
>long ass arms
>6'6
>only 225 bench
>>
>>36168554
Good relative to what? Relative to the average person yes, benching your own weight is the a benchmark for most people into benching.
>>
Same height here as well, I bench 285. Don't make excuses for yourself, just work with what you have. Don't ever think of yourself as just "good enough"
>>
>>36168554
>5'6"
>175lbs
>265lbs bench
Fuck you're weak.
>>
>>36168554
Is that LowTierGod?
>>
>>36171891

ya, he's a whiny bitch

>>36168554
>>only 225 bench

obviously cuz the bench is cheating, using cheap tactics against him
>>
lmao, were we arguing in /fgg/ about this earlier?
>>
>>36171794
you only bench 40 more lbs than 225, you have no business calling it weak
>>
>>36168554
no
t. 5'11 manlet emperor with 350 bench

Seriously though, 205lb is kinda skinny for a 6'6 man.
>>
>>36171935
50lbs heavier than me though.
>>
>>36171940
i bet you're one of those fags who lifts in sets of like 3 reps and doesn't even look big, all he has going for him is numbers
>>
>>36171949
I've got a 47 inch chest and a 30 inch waist. I think I'm doing alright.
>>
>>36171963
>47 inch chest
nice tits.
>>
>>36171984
>lol u must b small
>lol ur chests too big

fuck off retarrd
>>
>>36171984
kek
>>
>>36171963
Lol, I have a 46" chest and 28" waist at 5'5" 127lbs, you must be tiny.
>>
>>36172053

I thought tiny was dead?
>>
>>36172053
so are you lmao
>>
5ft11with 275lb bench
>>
>>36171943

shut it manlet he's a foot your superior
>>
The world record bench was done by a guy like 6'5 with ape arms
>>
>>36172112
found the lanklet jelly of manlet gains. when will you learn lanklet.
>>
No, it's more about proportions (chest/arm lenght ratio) + tall people can carry more muscle.

Stop using height as an excuse.

>6,5
>200kg bench
>natty
>>
Ltg is 6'6 wtf?
>>
YOU KEKHOLDS ARE JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE I HAVE B B C GENETICS
>>
>>36172053
>127lbs
>calling other people tiny
Not that anon but I weigh over 2x you
>>
>>36168554
>is a 225 bench good for a 6'5-6'6 205 lbs guy with long arms?
THE AMOUNT YOU BENCH =!= GUARANTEED PATH TO GAINS

the number means nothing
nothing magic happens at 225
there's no cake with a naked grill in it, waiting for you to rep 2pl8

if you wanna look good, you need to steadily train yourself to be able to do more work, which is why need to figure out what kind of routine lets you move the most volume while simultaneously recover the fastest.

tl;dr

ultimately, you must make your workout more difficult to make progress.

but the weight isn't the only way to make it more difficult.
>>
>>36172779

You're right about the progressive overload thing, but the number on the bar is a pretty clear indication of progressive overload in action, so it's generally a good indication.

A guy benching 400 for reps is going to have a lot more mass than some idiot who hasn't benched more than 135 in 3 years because he's 'not training for powerlifting so numbers don't matter', the latter who occupy most commercial gyms.
>>
>>36172804
B-but muh 8-12 reps.

Nah, you're right. I think most, if not all, routines should have a strength focus and progression.
>>
>>36172483
Proportions only affect moment arms in terms of making a lift easier or harder. Limb length affects ROM which makes it easier or harder.

If 2 people have the same forearm:arm ratio and one's arm is twice as long as the other's then propotionally their arms are the same but the longer arms have a harder time lifting due to ROM.
>>
>>36168554
Tall guys have shit potential for relative strength but great potential for absolute strength.

The best bencher in the world is 6'5, but he weighs the better part of 400lbs.
>>
If you weigh over 200lbs you should be benching at least 315.
>>
>>36172824
Sure keep making excuses instead of embracing the fact that you can build more muscle as a taller person. There is a reason world strongest men are 6,4+/190+.

I have long arms+ I bench close grip at 6.5, yet I have great bench.
Use that muscle gaining potential to your advantage. There is no reason to weight under 225lbs/100kg, if you do you're a lanket or you should be around single digit BF. (Which you should not be if you want your bench to go up)
>>
>>36168554

>is a 225 bench good for a 6'5-6'6 205 lbs guy with long arms?

"Good" is subjective. If it's a new PR, then yes, it's good. Keep at it.

>its harder for tall people to bench isnt it?

Absolutely, I'm 6'4" so I know the feeling. We have a much greater ROM than a shorter guy. I think that for taller guys the key is the tris. The reason is that when we're moving the weight and our upper arms come in-line with our chest, the tris take over. I'm a big believer in close-grip bench and weighted dips as auxiliary movements, in addition to bench and OHP.
>>
>>36174397
Just no tall people may have longer ROM, but we can also stack alot more muscle to overcome that longer ROM.

Sure we are never going to be great in relative strenght, but we will always be the strongest in absolute strenght.
>>
>>36174680

>Just no tall people may have longer ROM, but we can also stack alot more muscle to overcome that longer ROM.

Not always. Whether we can "overcome" the longer ROM depends on the sport. If it's in strongman, then yes. If it's in power lifting, then no.

>Sure we are never going to be great in relative strenght, but we will always be the strongest in absolute strenght.

But, power lifting is relative strength; that's why there are weight classes. A 5'6" or 5'8" guy in the 198s or 221s (or 181s or any weight class except SHW) is going to carry much more muscle mass than a 6'3" or 6'5" guy.

That's why strongmen are taller, because their sport is about absolute strength. They're the guys that are predisposed to carry a ton of lean body mass: in addition to being very tall (6'4" - 6'7"+), they have enormous skeletal frames/bone structures.
>>
>>36175828
That's why people over 6,4 should only compete in +120kg/+140/super heavyweighty/open weight class.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.