[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Receding hairline thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: 87shJRP.jpg (57 KB, 918x1222) Image search: [Google]
87shJRP.jpg
57 KB, 918x1222
At what age did you found out that your hairline as fucking with you?
>>
late 20s
>>
>>36165094
Are you already bold, anon?
>>
>>36165134
no, I have plenty of hair, but my hairline is garbage

However one of my friends started receding in his very early 20s (like 21), and nowadays he's almost completely bald
>>
Thinning at 16, missing patches at 22, shaved my head the next month. 25 and now have a big bushy beard.
>>
>>36165328
I feel you, anon. Same boat here
>>
late into 23 and it's starting
>>
Hairline receded somewhat when I was 16. 10 years later it hasn't changed since.
>>
>>36165005

Age 25 it started, by 27 it had receded pretty bad and started to get really thin on the crown.

I felt so self conscious about it and hated having my picture taken. At 28 I decided to just grow a beard and shave it off; easily one of the best decisions I've made regarding my self imagine (besides lifting).

No troll, no bullshit; just shave it a free yourselves brothers. It will look a little goofy for a few weeks until your scalp tans a bit but it's so worth it.
>>
19 and it currently started. Started taking finasteride and it's working so far.
>>
I've used coal tar shampoo for about 8 years now to combat my dandruff and itchy scalp. It works great for that, btw. I'm wondering what the effects it will have on hairloss since it is supposed to slow the cell cycle and reduce cellular turnover.
>>
File: 0cb62e5.jpg (89 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
0cb62e5.jpg
89 KB, 425x282
>>36167212
>google finasteride
>Finasteride is sometimes used in hormone replacement therapy for male-to-female transsexuals in combination with a form of estrogen due to its antiandrogen properties.
>>
>>36167212
Gains, we hardly knew ye.
>>
>>36167293
ehh it's probably in the water supply already
>>
>>36167261
>>36167293
it boosts test so I have no idea what the fuck you are going on about
>>
Early 20s. Now I shave that shit off.
>>
>>36165005
lmfao bruh, pic has a good hairline.
>>
>>36167308
http://www.pfsfoundation.org/
>>
>>36167197
Or you just go ahead and get your hair back so you dont have to live with a bald head.
>>
>>36167261
Please dont listen to this guy. Finasteride is a fucking drug and its going to fuck up your hormone levels (and your boner). Even if you get rid of finas, you will have to live with the side effects.

I dont understand why morons like you are promoting that bullshit. It works for hairloss, but it takes your masculinity jeeez
>>
>>36167308
IT BOOSTS TEST BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE TEST THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CONVERTED INTO DHT, YOUR MOST IMPORTANT ANABOLIC HORMONE.

/Cruise control
>>
>>36167370
It's like saying "crippling, extreme obesity increases lean body mass". Technically true, but you seriously don't want to do it.
>>
>>36167370

>what is a negative feedback loop

YUP. THEN YOUR BODY STARTS MAKING LESS TEST BECAUSE YOU AREN'T ACTUALLY INCREASING TEST PRODUCTION, YOU ARE DECREASING TEST TURNOVER

You would think the average person would be interested in how the drugs they are putting into their bodies work, but NOPE

>The most common persistent side effects of finasteride are loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, depression, suicidal ideation, anxiety, panic attacks, Peyronie’s disease, penile shrinkage

but, hey! at least you've got hair!
>>
>>36165005
23. 26 now and am going to get a scrip for finasteride soon. Need to get my health insurance situated because I'm going mainly for a physical.
>>
>>36167363
But anon what is masculinity without hair
>>
>>36167520
why would you willingly poison yourself?

either pony up for hair replacement surgery if you think it will be good for your confidence, or don't.
>>
>>36167340

I choose bald head over limp dick.
>>
>>36167395
There are so many counter studies for this shit its not even funny. Not only do the sides only affect around 2% of people who use it, they have done placebo studies where people taking sugar pills reported their dick stopped working. It's an idea placed in their head by bald faggots who didn't do it when they had the chance and mentality allowing self fulfilling prophecy.
>>
>>36165005
26...tried to convince myself it wasn't happening until 27. Then went on finasteride.
28 now and my hairline is back to its youthful looking self.
>>
>>36167395
You're an idiot bro.

Been on Fin for 6 months. Boners are still rock solid. Still busting fat nuts.

Go fuck yourself, fear mongering faggot.
>>
>>36167606
Do you know why athletes take it to mask steroid use? BECAUSE IT LOWERS YOUR NATURAL TEST PRODUCTION. When they have a piss test coming up they can go off the steroids and return to normal test levels faster, which allows for longer cycles. Who do you believe, the athletes and the poor guys that had to start a fucking awareness group, or the pharma doctor that's selling it to you?
>>
>>36167681
Exactly what does this have to do with my dick not working? Stay on topic you fucking faggot
>>
>>36167246
does dandruff speed up baldness?
>>
>>36167705
>lower test
>Exactly what does this have to do with my dick not working?

If you can't figure this out then it's not worth arguing over. I do feel bad for your plight though.
>>
>>36167716
Before I started using it I did notice that when my psoriasis was bad I would lose hair faster and my scalp felt...weak, if you can describe a scalp that way
>>
>>36167676
>muh drugs

People still don't get that it's all a facade, do they?
>>
>>36167582
> implying using stupid drugs is the only way to regain your hair.
>>
>>36167614
gl hf not having your boner killed bro
>>
>>36167724
So people with low test always have boner issues? Really? Do tell me more. Literally even men on estrogen don't have this problem.
>>
>>36167614
I mean if you're seriously that invested in your hair at age 27, your priorities are pretty fucked up tbqh

I don't even have time to think about my thinning hair, I'm too busy stacking chips and pulling grills
>>
>>36167395
>>36167370
>>36167212

I start probably at around age 20-21, 23 now and I have absolutely zero sides, still have raging boners a lot and cum like crazy. If anything I am more confident since I know my hair is not just rapidly deteriorating like before.

I think the whole fin scare is just a small percentage of people giving the drug a bad rep for the rest who take it regularly and experience little sides. Millions of people are on it, including some celebrities and male models and shit who rely on their hair for their jobs. I'm not advocating people should/shouldn't use it, but everyone reacts different to it so be aware of the risk before your on it.
>>
>>36167789
Yes, DHT (what you are blocking) is a derivative of test. After you stop taking the drug, your test levels remain impaired, thus your DHT levels are impaired.

And guess what contributes to getting aboner?

DHT!

http://www.drugwatch.com/propecia/side-effects/

>These complications can likely be attributed to Propecia’s suppression of DHT, a hormone that plays an important role in erectile physiology. Numerous animal and human studies have confirmed that Propecia and other 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor drugs can have an adverse effect on erectile response.
>>
>>36167818
That's great that it works for you but you've still got a lot of test production going on at 23. I'm worried about the guys starting this in their late 20s or early 30s. I just don't see how a cosmetic issue like hair loss is worth potentially fucking up your hormone levels over
>>
>>36167791
>investing hair
>busy stacking chips
>pulling grills

Implying those things aren't mutually exclusive

Don't mean to bald shame or anything, but hair on your head gives more respect/admiration from people and gets you far in the business world. Women always prefer hair than no hair. You invest time and money into lifting weights and dieting properly, for better health and looking better. People do it all the time with those anti-acne creams and shit to make them look better. I don't know how investing in your hair (which is a CRITICAL part of your look unless you have the charisma of The Rock) isn't the same.
>>
>>36167757
>see this hidden trick to get your hair back!
>doctors hate it
>>
>>36167864
>hair on your head gives more respect/admiration from people and gets you far in the business world.

>I don't know how investing in your hair (which is a CRITICAL part of your look unless you have the charisma of The Rock) isn't the same.

This sounds like something you've concocted in your head as a scapegoat, tbqh. I've never once thought about hair in this manner, it almost seems like you're obsessed with it to an unhealthy extent.
>>
File: 1255965670971.jpg (27 KB, 297x297) Image search: [Google]
1255965670971.jpg
27 KB, 297x297
tfw your dad has a full head of hair in his 50s-60s and you know you're gonna make it
>>
>>36165005
Thought it was going bald in 8th grade because of my weird hairline, now mid 20's other people think I'm going bald. Gf thought I was balding when we first met. I got over it first year high school
>>
File: lipo.jpg (43 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
lipo.jpg
43 KB, 500x420
No one here using minoxidil and ketoconazole? They're both topical application only, results noticeable within 6 weeks.
>>
>>36167864
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10000872396390443862604578032541863652264

Tl;dr, baldness is a business advantage. Fuck your insecurity. Get dem dere dominance and leadership gains. Be a man.

HEALTHY AT ANY HAIRLINE
>>
21 and my hairline looks just like this. Is it going to keep receding or will it stay here for a while?
>>
>>36167864

From personal experience I can't agree with this. When I started my job three years ago I was pretty much the office bitch. A year ago I shaved my head and grew a (professional) beard. It wasn't long before I started getting invited to outings and such. I made some friends with some pretty high-ups who were also bald; we got drunk and shot guns. Today I'm a director of a department and I'm living the dream.

I can't help but give some credit to my hairless head.
>>
>>36168048

Doesn't look bad, some people naturally have that thing on the sides where it angles.

Anyways, anyone here using Rogaine? I read some bad stuff about it accelerating hair loss.

I'm too scared to take fin, boner is more important than hair.
>>
>>36167864

Hair is generally better than no hair but you can address it by being really fit and having a nice beard.

It's pretty much like being tall over being a manlet. Yes, at 6'2" I'm going to look better and do better than some manlet, but the manlet can still get girls with hard work.
>>
>>36167818
Yes, it doesnt happen to everyone.
No its not a small percentage, it actually happens quite often. It might happen to you, not just now.
I have a better non-drug way of getting my hair back. In fact, i already have my hair back.

Just like this guy here who says hes been on 6 months (lol) and everything is fine. Yeah sure it is, wait 5 more years and we'll see: >>36167676
>>
>>36167908
It is kinda of an secret yes.

Doctors dont hate it, because they dont know about it.
>>
Why the fuck would anyone actually VOLUNTEER to go on medications. I mean I get it if you are sick and need meds, but to take medication (that is the modern-day counterpart of alchemy and tinctures) for something as benign as HAIR LOSS is, in all honesty, a fucking CUC.K and brainwashed by the television
>>
>>36168211
Rogaine will make you grow more hair on other parts of your body too.
People say it gives them wrinkles and makes their face look tired/sleepy.

In the first month of using it, you will loose even more hair. After that month, your hair will be growing back and after 3-5 months you should have a full head of hair.

The problem with rogaine is, that when you stop using it, your hair falls out again. No stopping that. And that shit really is expensive.
>>
very slightly receding at 21, most people i see my age have the same kinda hairline as me but i dont think most people notice it.
>>
>>36168282
I've been taking Propecia for almost 10 years, still get strong boners, still horny every morning. If you test enough people you're going to eventually find people who get side effects. Remember you will hear more about the negative side effects because those people will come online to complain, those of us that have no side effects are going about life normally.
>>
>>36168328
Yea, I mean I'm 28, and not even sure if I'm balding, just the left temple corner looked a bit different when I grew my hair out a bit. But usually the bamding process takes a long time, so even if I was losing it, I imagine I'd still have plenty of hair at 35.

It seems to me my dad was balding for decades.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.