[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am 100% certain I have long head of the biceps tendinitis.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: long-head-biceps-tendinitis.jpg (107 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
long-head-biceps-tendinitis.jpg
107 KB, 800x800
I am 100% certain I have long head of the biceps tendinitis. What can I do to heal this thing? It's been a pain in the fucking ass for a while now. What movements should I not do that would irritate it? How can I get this better? Thanks.
>>
Not op but this seems interesting. I might have it in my right shoulder. What do
>>
>>36164566
Im afraid rest is your only option
>>
I'm in the same boat, give us some advice already.
>>
>What movements should I not do that would irritate it?

the ones that hurt

>How can I get this better?

slow eccentric bicep curls

>I am 100% certain I have long head of the biceps tendinitis

you sure? maybe you should see a physio
>>
>>36164944
I am certain of it, I've had it since November or so my physical therapist pinpointed it and I can literally pinpoint the pain myself. A friend said to do shoulder dislocations. What do you think about that?
>>
>>36165113
did your physical therapist say anything about rehabilitation? Did it happen spontaneously or did it happen overtime (overuse injury from repetitive overloading due to work/stress/etc.) ? I suggest trying to avoid anything that causes you to have more pain. Search up bicep stretch and isometric/eccentric training a few times a day 3x15 with a dumbel/resistance band/towel
>>
>>36164566
sports med thanks
rest it. do not aggravate that. the way your muscles heal and aggregate mass is very different from tendons, DO work on sore active sites, do NOT work on sore connectors, anything having to do with joints, joint stabs, tendons, etc.
have a great day, and just in case you've never had to recover from an injury before, cutting while on reco is taboo, don't do it, that's how you get lifelong tendonitis. eat above tdee for maximum life gains
>>
>>36165995
So basically dont do anything? What about strengthening or stretching? I was told shoulder dislocaters were good. I just tried to do one and in that arm I cannot go all the way. I can make it above my head behind it but I cannot go all the way it hurts. I feel like my other shoulder could though.
>>
>>36165228
I had surgery on the shoulder in september, they said labrum tear because MRI said so, turned out it was something that mimicked a tear so I had to heal still because they cleaned tons of bursa out of it, and i got tendinitis from it. So thats how I know for sure.
>>
>>36164566

Rest, ibuprofen, dietary collagen, and fish oil. Good luck, budday.
>>
File: 1446486384971.jpg (196 KB, 705x957) Image search: [Google]
1446486384971.jpg
196 KB, 705x957
OP, I had ten-tenond…that shit you describe in both my arms, feltbadman.
0) Stay away from any curls, you can do other stuff like shoulder exercises
1) stretch your biceps, start gentle, then increase stretch over time
2)Stretch your pecs. Look up doorframe stretches.
3)Optional: Cant remember what it was.
>>
>>36168003
Oh, and fish oils to reduce inflamation, and ice the area a couple of times per day to promote bloodflow.
>>
>>36168023
Problem is I am alergic to fish oil :/. Ice promotes bloodflow? Are you sure? I thought heat did
>>
>>36164566
It could also be bursitis--that's usually more painful, and takes longer to fix. I would recommend swimming and taking anti-inflammatories.
>>
>>36168003

Who is this semen demon
>>
>>36169565
It is def long head of the biceps tendinitis
>>
Shit, I dunno if i have this or something else more in the shoulder cap area
>>
You have to do an extensive rehab routine over a couple of months(probably) and fix this issue properly or you will be injured permanently.

First you need to rest 100%, do nothing with the arm for a week or two to let it repair it self, don't even do stretching that stresses the area. 100%

Then figure out your mobility issues and find exercises and stretches that clears them up. Work up to just to the point BEFORE it gets painful and slowly increase the ROM. IF you feel pain STOP.

You might have to do eccentric rehab exercises for the area, google eccentric rehab training for tendoniits.

When it comes to your training you have to lay off it while you repair this, and when you get back in to training you have to start at 40% of what you can do and slowly work your way up.

Be careful with curls and pull ups, people often get tendonitis from these exercises because they don't do the eccentric part of the excises properly, they pull the weight up and drop it down. The eccentric or the negative part of the rep is to be controlled.
>>
I have this. DON'T bench or do dips. Do OHP and tricep pulldowns instead.
>>
>>36172042
What kind of mobility though? I heard shoulder dislocations from someone but those are rather painful and I cant seem to complete them
>>
>>36173502
do ohp? wont that hurt it?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.