[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a girl like 90% of your motivation, /fit/? How do you overcome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: 301861.gif (2 MB, 280x450) Image search: [Google]
301861.gif
2 MB, 280x450
Is a girl like 90% of your motivation, /fit/?

How do you overcome that?
>>
>>36151469

it used to be

now my motivation is looking good in the mirror, I want a body that people mire

plus facial aesthetics are much better since losing bodyfat. so even if you like girls, do it for yourself cause you will stay motivated even after a gf.
>>
>>36151469
>Is a girl like 90% of your motivation, /fit/?
No, getting laid with tinder sloots is piss easy if you aren't fat or greasy or otherwise disgusting. You don't really need to be /fit/.
>How do you overcome that?
Download tinder and become a sloot too.
>>
I think about one girl while i can't do last rep
I do that for her
It kinda helps at least to me.
>>
>girl
But im not.
>>
>>36151493
How do you proceed to stay motivated when said gf breaks up with you though?
>>
>>36151503
>Download tinder and become a sloot too.
Nah man, into serious relationships, not into getting STDs on my previous dick
>>
>>36151518

see thats the thing, you keep going

cause your motivation is yourself, not girls. IF you only lift for girls, this is when you would feel like shit.

but since you always want to improve, you can move on.
>>
>>36151533
Can i though? Or do i just have to move on, lift and exceed my own expectations
>>
>>36151545

if you lift for yourself, girls wont matter as much

this is why lifting for girls alone is a mistake.
>>
>>36151560
Well damn, what routine you on?
>>
>>36151590

nothing special, push pull legs

but my point is dont lift just cause you want girls, lift cause you want to be the best version of yourself possible.

and if you do that, you'll get girls anyway. but your motivation is the mirror.
>>
One girl during my childhood pretended to be my girlfriend and her friends laughed about it to my face. Another girl asked me out because she was dared to. Girls in my middle school and early high school would let me know that I'm wasn't "hot". Most girls that date me now only do so for a week before exchanging five messages over tinder with another guy they'd rather fuck and give me the whole "not looking for a relationship" bullshit.

I'm not lifting for women, anon. I'm lifting to not be a victim.
>>
>>36151608
I don't want girls, i want a girl, her, but i guess i got to acknowledge she ain't coming back, the bar will always stay with me.
>>
>>36151647

you'll find someone better

dont get oneitis
>>
>>36151719
Nah, i had oneitis for years, this, is just lingering in the near past.
I'll be ok anon.

Just gotta bring my lazy ass to the gym, haven't been there for nearly 2 weeks now cause job n shit
>>
I already got my girl, now I'm just content getting fatter and stronger.
>>
>>36151778
You'll lose her and it will crush you anon
>>
>>36151469
>start at 16
>grills were never part of equation
>get into strength training
>developed total rich piano mentality
>WHATEVER IT TAKES CMON
>gain like 100 pounds over the next 4-5 years or so, basically Leeman mode bulking
>took a break (around 1,5 years) due to medical issues
>scored more pussy than ever since weight decreased drastically and looked kinda good
>however, never felt so depressed in my life

Started lifting my ass off and bulking like a motherfucker around 5 months ago. I am never looking back at not lifting ever again and pussy is just a meme if you want to one day you may.

>tl; dr just bulk your ass off and get huge lifts, pussy won't get you world class lifts
>>
>>36151846
and also
>inb4 bigorexia
>inb4 ego issues
Yes, so what?
>>
>>36151846
B-but you'll gain fat
>>
>>36151469
t used to with me. I just replaced them with an inferiority complex. No matter how astronomical my pr is, it will never be good enough
>>
0%. I want to hit a 400 wilks within 2 years.
>>
>>36151469
Motivation is not enough, discipline is needed.
>>
>>36151866
tren will take these worries away. But seriously, what's the point of staying lean if you are not preparing for a bodybuilding show?
>weak as fuck
>cuckmode
>can't indulge in unhealthy foods
>Your parents won't be proud of you eitherway
>>
>>36151931
how to acquire?
>>
>>36151948
I know that strength is the way to go, but you also want to look like you're strong, don't you?
>>
>>36151931
This.
It's all about discipline.
>>
>>36151956
You build it.
>>
>>36151469
My motivation comes from within.
I have accepted living the rest of my life without finding anybody but I want to at least be athletic, strong and look good, for my own personal accomplishment.
You cant put your motivation or success into something outside from you, it has to come from within
>>36151503
tinder is a goldmine if you live in NA, sadly I'm in the nigger part of europ
>>
>>36151469
Girls are approximately 0.0% of my motivation.
>>
>>36151956
stop looking for reasons to do it or not to do it.

Just do it. It is a decision not based on logic or anything like that. It is a decision you have to make that if you want to do something, you make an effort.

No magic, no looking at posters or shitty images on the internet.

As >>36152010 said, you start small and then go on to bigger things.
>>
>>36151975
Well you need to apply hypertrophy work in your strength training too for the leverages. Either way you will probably not look strong unless you are on gear. Looking strong is a meme for a natural lifter, be it bodybuilder or powerlifter.
>>
epic gif
>>
>>36152069
So, isolations only if you want to look like you lift, and compounds if you want to feel like you lift?
>>
>>36151794
We're married and she out earns me by like... thrice or more, or something. If we split I'll get the best of it.
>>
>>36152162
Wait what? No, it's rather simple actually
>work on your main 4 lifts heavy: mainly bench, squat, deads and press in the mornings/afternoons where everybody can see how much you lift
>Sneak in at night and do as many isolations as possible with good form

Nobody will suspect a thing.
>>
>>36152162
>Not doing compounds with accessories upper body
>>
File: the snow turns to rain.gif (386 KB, 515x386) Image search: [Google]
the snow turns to rain.gif
386 KB, 515x386
>>36151505
>>
>long term gf leaves me
>realize girls have the ability to change their minds about anything whenever they wish
>I don't think all women are whores or anything but I gave up looking
>lose tons of weight, focus on myself and liking who I am/myself in the mirror
>could easily call up 3-4 female friends from my phone and get laid tonight
>don't care

I don't know anymore, I just wish I was gay
>>
>>36152235
The perfect crimeâ„¢
>>
>>36151469
A girl is certainly part of the equation, but 90%? No.

For example if I somehow got a girl tomorrow that didn't mind my current physique, would I stop lifting? Hell no, not a chance.
>>
>>36151503
Haha just got tinder a week ago and just fucked a bitch on the weekend, shits SO cash
>>
>>36152448
>tfw no qt trap waifu
>>
As far as I can tell there's 2 kinds of guys that lift weights on a regular basis.

1. The guys who can't get any pussy. They can't seal the deal so they think building up massive muscles will attract a woman. They're usually wrong

2. The femboys who got beat up in high school. Crippling fear of other men drives these people to build up and armor of sorts against future physical harm

If you grew up and actually had sex with a woman, and weren't afraid of a fistfight, you do not feel the need to beef up. You still workout, but only for the exercise and to feel healthier.
>>
>>36152566
I'm number 3

feels good man
>>
dear /fit/, femanon here (ok you stopped reading. keep reading.)

5'2, 113 lbs, tan, athletic, HOT, etcetc (you probably don't believe i'm a 9)...i squat 135 for 12 deep, play volleyball and swim

advice for you /fit/ guys....being muscular won't get you any more women then being skinny (dun dun dunnn)

i've fucked 19 guys (i'm 20) and 2 were ripped athletes, the others were skinny boy types and mostly average

honestly, when deciding to fuck them...muscles weren't a consideration. at all.

keep that in mind. they were just suave.
>>
File: 1450287054025.jpg (86 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1450287054025.jpg
86 KB, 612x612
>>36152586
tasty bait
>>
>>36152586
>>36152586
>i've fucked 19 guys (i'm 20) and 2 were ripped athletes, the others were skinny boy types and mostly average
and another attention whore ladies and gents
>>
>>36152586
>being muscular won't get you any more women then being skinny
this is false and possibly b8 but fuck it I aint got places to be
I fully understand that attitude and self-confidence are key, but you're way more prone to even give a CHANCE to a guy and talk to him if he's fit, rather than a tall skinny awkward guy
>>
File: Snapchat-6789346459698046841.jpg (106 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6789346459698046841.jpg
106 KB, 540x960
>>36151469
No, this is purely because im a vein piece of shit.
>>
>>36152676
VAIN you piece of shit. Though I'm sure you have plenty of veins too.
>>
>>36152676
nice pants
>>
>>36152676
what's the percentage of flat and inclined bench I should do to get those pecs?
>>
At first I did it for girls. Sure.

Now I realize if I get a shredded body then I transcend the desire to get a hot girl. It's true, tinder can easily make up any body deficiencies you may have by sheer number of women out there.

I thought I could get a hot enough body that I could nab that really good 10/10 and bang that sweet soft body.

Now I realize if I go beyond that, attain the body way better than "just enough", women come to me. I no longer feel like I have to earn that cute girl, that cute girl now has to earn me.

Alpha centauri as fuck.
>>
>>36152892
god fucking dammit. in the us tinder is a fucking goldmine of whoers, you just need to be not totally autistic and barely fit to get pussy. but fuck me for living in a place where tinder is a desert/inhabitated by trolls
>>
>>36152967

tinder is a minefield of uggos good at hiding how ugly they are.
>>
>>36151469

Not at all. I have too many of them and I'm not even in a good shape yet. Not even shitposting. I lift for myself, because I want to reach a certain goal. Fuck girls.
>>
>>36153028
This is true, but you aren't required to have sex with everyone you meet on tinder. It's still significantly less wasted time and money than clubbing.
>>
>>36152967
Same here in Germany breh, I wish I'd live in the us
>>
>>36151469
No, i want to look myself in the mirror and be able to say
>you did it! you magnificent bastard
>>
>>36153028
dont care, at least you get to pick. and I would accept fucking a 5
>>36153133
brother, italy here, at least you have blonde and eastern european cuties. aaaaaand lost of arabs
>>
>>36151469
I want wider back because i feel it commands respect. I respect people with wide backs.
>>
>>36151741
After lifting for almost 3 years, motivation becomes harder and harder. Most of the time, I go to the gym out of habit. I'll feel like shit if I don't. Every so often there will be periods where my diet falls to shit, eating out with the gf too much or drinking too much on nights out. I set a note on my phone's lock and home screen to remind me to stop fucking up. That constant reminder and the awful feeling of failing myself is enough to get back on track. It's easy to fall off once you get to a certain point. "I'm already big. I'm already strong. I already have low body fat to show off the gains. One day won't hurt. I'll get back at it tomorrow." Then tomorrow becomes the next day, and so on.
>>
>>36152676
You look like Chris Evans in that pic. (That's a compliment)
>>
It is, it definitely is, even more so now after today the qtpie I fell for told me basically I am not masculine enough, that she likes bad boys not "too" considerate, well-mannered and nice guys...I know this is what women want I am low-test hope lifting will naturally improve that..I wanna be fucking jacked asshole douchebag with tats and everything...most girls really do like that
>>
>>36151560
This.

Sometimes I just look at myself in the mirror from anywhere between 2 to 10 mins. Thinking of buying a full sized mirror and putting it in my room. Anyway, I motivate myself by looking at how good I look. Idk it's a weird cycle but it works.
>>
>>36151469
1) I do it as a mean for other activities such as climbing and parkour
2) I do it for the feeling of surpassing previous limits, be it how much I can lift or clearing a climb that I couldn't
>>
File: TNRzsDs.jpg (95 KB, 500x608) Image search: [Google]
TNRzsDs.jpg
95 KB, 500x608
I'm going through this phase right now. I'm trying to lift so I can look good and feel good about myself but I'm also partially doing it so my ex will want me again. It's a hard struggle to overcome.
>>
File: image.png (122 KB, 254x287) Image search: [Google]
image.png
122 KB, 254x287
>>36154294
Fuck her. You don't need them anyway. Lift now. Then fuck bitches and get money, anon. She's in the past now. The only thing you can do is make yourself better not for her but for you.
>>
>>36152566
Implying I can't be both of these
>>
>>36154428
Thanks, anon. It's nice that someone out there cares, even if it's a total stranger.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>>36155076
Don't mention it. I'm recently getting over my very first girlfriend. She was the first person I ever loved.

But she's gone now. I've grown a lot this past month. I've watched movies and read books I never thought I would. I started learning Russian. I applied for colleges.

Obviously I still miss some things and wish we could have patched things up before we let problems build up. But that's in the past now. What you, and even I should be doing, is thinking about everything we've learned, and know how much we don't need them.

You're the only person you'll ever need, anon. Now go out there, get fit, and be the anon you want to fuck, cuddle, party, bro, and be with. The future is yours.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.