[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is going to the gym alone like going to the cinema alone? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 358x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 358x411
Is going to the gym alone like going to the cinema alone?

I wanna start the gym but I've got nobody to go with.
>>
>>36150541
only problem is not having a spotter for bench
>>
>>36150541
I go to the gym alone, and I don't give a fuck. I'm not there to socialize or chat, I'm there to lift weights.

You can do it too, OP.
>>
My gym has a no singles policy. You're required to have a gym buddy to come in. They say it's too make sure that everyone has a spotter at all times.
>>
>>36150562
lol, wtf. Is this at a high school?
>>
It's annoying as all fuck to have a gym partner. They usually want to talk or are just all around distracting.
Only good reason to go with someone is to have a bench spotter desu
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 540x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 540x585
>>36150560
>
>>
>>36150541
You're never alone when you have /fit/.
But seriously I started alone, not bad at all just have a good playlist ready for a super chill sesh
>>
I go alone.

You make friends at the gym eventually, so it doesnt really matter anyway.
>>
Home gym! That way your only partner is your crippling loneliness.
>>
>>36150541
what I have noted is that people who go with someone are the first to quit, at least in my gym. Perhaps is because they are looking for someone to hold on to instead of thinking of going to be a better person and lift more each time.
>>
>>36150621
>I'm so insecure about myself that I need to post fedora pictures in reply to a real alpha male!
Stay beta. Don't reply to me again.
>>
It's nothing like going to the cinema alone, doing that alone is a little weird and some kids might laugh and some people might wonder why this guys just by himself but at the gym not even a single person will question you for being their by yourself, if anything people will like you going by yourself because less people means less time using the equipment
>>
At least half the groups at my gym consist of one person.
>>
>>36150541
Whats wrong with either? You dont need anyone but yourself in this life. Be a man you pussy
>>
File: 1455219604794.png (225 KB, 383x459) Image search: [Google]
1455219604794.png
225 KB, 383x459
>>36150556
Just ask nearest gym bro if they want to alternate spots
>>
I go alone. I don't go to the gym to be with people.
>>
File: 1454113635392.jpg (21 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
1454113635392.jpg
21 KB, 412x351
I go to the gym to be alone. Work, wife, kids. Lifting is my time to center myself to I don't sperg out and ruin/kill listed things
>>
>>36150541
Perfectly normal to go alone. Personally I'm always going to the gym with my elder brother.

Only problem is that some think we're "partners", one actually asked us. Like fuck you, is that the first thing that comes to your mind when seeing 2 bros lifting.
>>
Most of the people at my gym go alone. Sometimes we'll work together or bring a friend in but it's usually a solo thing. Sometimes having a buddy work out with me annoys me and other times it's nice. There have been times where I brought my friend in to my gym and we did completely separate workouts for about 90 minutes. Didn't see or say a word to each other until we were done. It was nice.
>>
File: Come_on.png (6 KB, 222x208) Image search: [Google]
Come_on.png
6 KB, 222x208
Is going to the cinema alone that bad I live next to a movie theater and I've been going alone for months

Same with the gym
>>
>>36150913
Literally bros
>>
>>36151001
It's not that bad if you don't look weird
>>
>>36150913
I'm actually in the same situation, although I'm the older one. People always ask me where my 'partner' is when I come alone. I sometimes even get the feeling people don't believe we're actually brothers.

I do slap his ass during squats sometimes.

I am very happy to work out with my bro though. It's a great time to bond and shit, and we can be as talkative or silent as we like without it being weird.
>>
>>36150541

>people who go to the gym with a "crew"

fuck every single one of you. you waste your time talking while other people wait on equipment.

kill yourselves pls.
>>
>>36151029

I look super weird
>>
>be fatass
>decide to get myself in shape since I'm ashamed of myself
>don't do my research before going to a gym
>walk in, about to sign up
>notice the "no singles allowed" sign too late
>try to weasel out of it by saying I walked into the wrong building
>receptionist smiles and presses the SINGLE PERSON alarm
>blaring through the whole gym
>everyone staring at me, I start crying
>receptionist takes a picture and hangs it on the wall of shame as I run out

second worst day of my life
>>
>>36151092
i think that if you look weird it's fine cuz people expect you to do weird stuff like that anyway

if you look normal and go to the cinema alone though people will probably think you are really weird
>>
>>36151092
I really doubt anyone will even notice, seriously you're going to watch a movie, you're not suppose to talk.
>>
>>36150541
Lol you'll look like a fucking loser but there's no rules against it
>>
>>36150911
This guy gets it
>>
>>36153243
Confirmed dyel
>>
I go to the gym on my own, my wife knows that its my priority and she knows my gym comes before almost anything
>>
>>36150541
Gym partners, no way would i do that again..my old gym bud..
Turned up 10 - 40 mins late
Would talk and talk and talk
When he was meant to be spotting me he would be on the other side of the gym talking to people
Would waste so much time that we wouldnt have time to finish our program
Was getting shitty for not getting gains so wanted to go on HGH
Talked crap

Now i go alone and everyone knows that when ive got headphones on then im training and they dont disturb me, once the phones are off and ive finished training then i chat to people only if they want to talk
>>
Whenever my buddies and I see someone new come to the gym alone we always fuck with them and make remarks about them loudly so they can hear. And the girls I hang out with are way worse.

They will purposely do shit like stretch right in front of him, or ask patronising questions about his routine. One girl even set up a date with a guy then when she got there took photos and videos of him and threw eggs and flour over his moped. She ended up posting the photos and videos on the gyms Facebook page and everyone thought it was hilarious even the owner.

The guy never came back though.
>>
You gotta be more confident in yourself to do things alone without the saftey net of another person to justify your existence.
Do you really need a friend to go the gym or theater like you gotta have someone to spot you while you silently watch a movie in a dark room filled with people?
>>
>>36153366
How do you know your wife isn't cheating on you? Women are really good at hiding it. Unless you're checking her phone and emails you'll never know until it's too late and you find her fucking some random dude in your marriage bed.
>>
>>36153446
nice b8
>>
>>36150541
I go to the cinema alone during the day when all my pleb friends are working. Having a cinema basically to yourself is awesome, best way to watch movies. What's wrong with that?
>>
>>36153471
she has parkinsons, needs a lot of care, having an extra shag would knacker her beyond anything
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>>36150541
This is now a 90's toys thread
>>
>>36153804
>>90s toy thread
>>posts 80s toy
>>I know because I fucking loved my glo-worm...
>>
>going alone in gym

>shitposting in between sets

we are all gonna make it brehs.
>>
>>36153726
holy shit you're so british
>>
>>36150541
>Want to see movie, buy ticket in advanced with friends
>Throwout my back on Thursday from not stretching properly, out of commission until Sunday
>Sunday is Valentine's Day
>Monday, day I finally get to see it
>Go at night because I was unexpectedly busy
>Cashier surprised I'm going alone
>Room isn't close to full, still a lot of people
>Realize I'm the only guy there by himself
>Group of the whitest high-school boys and girls you can imagine walks in and sits two rows behind me
>"He has a lot of hair for a black guy"
>"Why is he sitting alone?"
>"I'm going to post a picture of him."
>Get up, walk out, walk back in, and sit on the opposite side of the room waiting for the movie to start
I should've manned up and ignored the back pain.
>>
>>36150541
Always going to the gym alone, never have a spotter.
All the dudes are trying to friend with me because they mirin or because im on the same level as they are.

I ignore them, and lift instead.
>>
I usually go alone, its nice because it means I can hit whatever and not have to worry about loading and deloading or waiting for others to finish, obviously the down side is having to ask for spots, but unless you're a social autist, asking randoms isn't too much of a pain.
>>
>>36151100
kekked
>>
>>36153243
beta dyel
being constantly around friends is what makes manchilden
>>
>>36157046
Damn right. I spend all my time alone in my room masturbating, which is why I'm so much more mature than my peers.
>>
>>36151100
lol
>>
>>36150562
>>36150601
seriously what the fuck? i hate shitty rules like this at the gym, let people do shit the way they want to do it
>>
Never been to movie alone. Gym alone is bretty gud. ESP if you have based tunes to keep you going
>>
>>36150541
I always go to the gym alone. But I have no friends anyway.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.