[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lifters and especially roiders are you not worried about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1
File: DS00680 ans7_lvhthu_jpg.jpg (54 KB, 468x332) Image search: [Google]
DS00680 ans7_lvhthu_jpg.jpg
54 KB, 468x332
Lifters and especially roiders are you not worried about this?
>>
>>36139196
I don't into biology so no
>>
>>36139492

Roids and lifting cause left ventricular hypertrophy which can kill you
>>
>>36139196
I love cardio and have a resting heartrate of 40-50bpm
>>
>>36139196
See >>36139486 in the other thread.

In short, LVH can be caused by being an athlete, but it's a different sort that is largely benign unless you've got an existing heart condition.

There is still no solid evidence to link steroid use and heart problems.
>>
>>36139196
If lifting kills me, I'll die happy
>>
>>36139500
Living causes old age which can kill you.
>>
Hypertrophy fags BTFO
>>
>>36139646

>fat powerlifter
>thinks he can BTFO anyone in a damaged heart thread

Nice one
>>
>>36139526
you die from organ failure though
>>
>>36139500
But you'll die anyway. We all will. Rather be swole while I'm here than
>>
>>36139196
Not a roid user
I would be so proud if I made my heart muscle so strong they stopped working
>literally dying from getting too strong
>>
>>36139521

Lvh can be caused by high blood pressure and high hematocrit levels. Steroids are notorious for causing both of those.
>>
>>36139792
If you're not abusing steroids, this is easy to keep under control and is very unlikely to progress to pathological LVH.
>>
>>36139500
How does lifting cause hypertrophy of the heart? Surely cardio would do that.
>>
>>36139500

Athlete's heart is a non pathological condition where the left ventricle is enlarged.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_heart_syndrome
>>
>>36139923
Any athletic activity, done for a long enough time and with enough activity, will cause LVH.

Athletic LVH is physiological and benign. Pathological LVH is caused by many things (not steroid use though) and is the one that can be fatal.

In short - you're far better getting LVH from physical activity, even if it is enhanced by gear, than getting it by being a lazy, fat, unhealthy bastard.
>>
>>36139196
I rather die a sikkunt than live life as a sadkunt
>>
>>36139196
WAIT isn't the left ventricle connected to thr right one?
>>
>>36139504
>40 - 50 bpm

That is admirable. A life goal for me
>>
>>36139504
Just 50bpm more to achieve vampire mode.
>>
>>36140034
I thought it was
body => right => lung => left => body
>>
>>36139931
"Athlete's heart is a result of dynamic physical activity such as (more than 5 hours a week) aerobic training, rather than static training such as weight lifting."
That seems like some bullshit to me. Most distance runners train 3 times daily. Wouldn't they all have athlete's heart?
>>
>>36139196
You're a straight up retard

Lifting makes your heart strong. But makes the ventricle space smaller hence more contractions needed to pump same amount of blood in the same amount of time

Cardio increases left ventricle size, but not necessarily strength. Hence, less contractions needed to pump same amount of blood in a set amount of time

Lifting only is unhealthy due to possible heart attack
Cardio only is unhealthy due to possible heart failure

> 2016
> not doing both for the optimal working heart

Shiggy
>>
>>36140063
That's the goal friend
>>
>>36139196
What doesn't kill me only makes me bigger
>>
daily reminder oxygen literally causes cancer.

enjoy no gains and cancer oxygen fags lmao
>>
>>36139196
>hurr are you not worried about being big

this is why /fit/ should always stay away of medfags territory, or stay in fraud generals
>>
>roid
>sniff coka every 2 weeks
>smoke

You know why I aint dead yet? Cause I do cardio 7 days of week. Not weak shit but hiit.

Rest hr is 58 and my blood pressure always stay normal.

Cardio is the key to a healthy life

>inb4 supersetting is cardio
>inb4 walking is cardio
>>
>>36141191
how old are you
>>
>>36141202
>>
>>36141227

bp and hr is always going to be normal in someone in their early 20s

lol

you can be morbidly obese and your HR & BP will only be slightly displaced of normal in your early 20s.

damage is chronic & cumulative

rarely acute.
>>
>>36141248
By normal I also mean during a coke loaded night and in the middle of a roid blast with compounds like high doses of tren/ anadrol and even clen.

I never have any complaints while i see the heart of my sniffing friends beating thru their shirt or when a roid buddy is taking highly amounts of blood pressure meds while in the same cycle.

Theres only one difference, they don't cardio, and i do.
>>
>>36141227
then of course you're not dead, fagit

coke will kill you first tho, they get strokes by the age of 30-40. roids might not kill you if you stop but might hurt your penis permanently and smoking will give you nice teeth, voice, smell and lungs (this last by the age of 40)
>>
>>36141308

???

that's not what I'm saying.

we aren't measuring the damage today, or tomorrow.

you're the same as the fat fucks who say

> w-well aschkually I'm healthy b-b-because I went to the Dr and my BP was good! So there! Obese is healthy.

it's like no retard, nobody expects you to drop dead at age 23.

but report back in 10 years when the cumulative damage has really had time to sink in.

heart failure is great my friend, it's really enjoyable.

I've watched a few people die of it.

whats really good though is it isn't reversible, and it runs symptomless for quite awhile before it inevitably overloads your cardiovascular system.

have a good one.
>>
>>36141310
>implies two weekly use of coke will kill u at the age of 30

Mom please get of 4chan
>>
>>36140742
+1
>>
>>36141363
Haha okay dr oz. Too bad i will die at the age of 33 because of heart problems
>>
>>36141394

you're right, no one has ever died of heart failure in their 30s or a heart attack.
>>
>>36139196
>>36139500
I'd rather there be the risk of that than being a sedentary skelly/dyel/commie degenerate fatass. Besides, how you gonna get yolked, how you gonna be a monsta, how you gonna get big as fuck witout lifting?
>>
>>36140382
Ya. Low 50 bmp and I only run 3-4x a week 3 miles or so. Stronger heart=less pumps needed to do the same thing. It goes away after you stop.
>>
>>36142089
I rarely do cardio.

But my resting is 53.
>>
>>36141371
It's well known the main cause of strokes in young people (age 30-50) is coke, cardio won't help your heart to keep its normal rhythm. And the rest of your post was really spoken like a true addict.
>>
>>36139196

Working out will not cause left ventricular hypertrophy on its own. Even given an intense routine 4 hour routine >5x per week, the heart will still have time to rest and won't need to add too much muscle mass. The 'fit heart' doesn't get over large, it gets more efficient, with increased capillarity and increased response to sympathetic signals.

Hypertension on the other hand, is a chronic issue that forces the heart to work hard 24/7 around the clock an therefore rather than having time to relax and regroup, the heart merely adds stupid amounts of cardiac muscle to the LV, detrimentally so. Steroids cause a similar result due to their muscle building properties.
>>
>search thread concentric/eccentric
>0 results

and this why is /fit/ should never talk about medicine. bunch of retards
>>
>>36142147
>Steroids cause a similar result due to their muscle building properties.

>smooth muscle is the same as skeletal muscle

No
>>
Roids cause ventricular hypertrophy mostly through hypertension. Plus they fuck with your cholesterol. Ventricular hypertrophy through exercise is usually much less pronounced, and accompanied by cholesterol benefits and better oxygen usage as a result of training.
>>
>>36139196
Because Tyrone skipped biology classes
>>
>>36141308
go back to dead aziz
>>
OP is jealous that even my heart is making more gains than him.

>GG OP
>>
>>36139687
>than..
ANON! ANON! ANSWER US! NOOOOOO
>>
>>36140742
Upvote
>>
>>36139983

>Athletic LVH is physiological and benign. Pathological LVH is caused by many things (not steroid use though) and is the one that can be fatal.

I remember reading this but why is it like that? Why is it benign when it happens from exercise but not if it's another cause?
>>
>>36139504
I began running more and got spooped thinking I may have had bradycardia.
>>
Hey bros, my resting hr is 40-50 tops everytime I go to the doc they ask me if i swim or run, and I only started lifting about a year ago. And I've had this issue for years, even when I was obese, about 236 lbs and 40% bf at least.
Anyways had a bunch of endocrine bloodwork done and everything, and everything csme back ok, they said it could be genetical, or because i grew up from 6 yo to 12 yo swimming and playing . I was in OD for swimming thank you very much. I started getting fat at 13 14 then lost at 15 16 17, got obese agter that until last year, i went from 260 to 230, now 210 but have gained decent muscle size. Anyways don't know if that helped anyone with the same issue. But if you have a check up yearly and somethings not normal your doc will pick up on it. Hopefully.
Im 6 1 and 25 btw. Later brahs.
>>
>>36145927
>genetical
lolz
But back to the matter of hand, 6 years worth of swimming is still a lot of work for your heart to go through so maybe bringing up that detail to your doctor would make it clearer that you just have a pretty damn efficient heart. If not that, then you maybe are experiencing other symptoms you haven't told your doc yet. Gotta wait and see man.
>>
>>36145967
The studies were in 2011.
It was a lot, EKGs out the ass etc. My dad has a lower than normal heart rate as well, and my mom's is on the low end of the range for her age. He was a sprinter, and also did long jumps or w/e it's called. The doctor in his words said "it could be genetical" but hey if it's not idc. Everything checked out fine. Lol. Still to this day everytime a nurse checks my bp my hr comes up. Lol. At first they thought it could be an endocrine issue, but nothing pointed to that after all the crap they did to me. Lol.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.