[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red pill me on fruit /fit/ is it necessary? What I mean is,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 284x177
Red pill me on fruit /fit/ is it necessary?

What I mean is, fruit is jam fucking packed with simple sugars. Are there any micronutriants that only are found in fruit?

What fruits are worth keeping in the diet? What are some shit tier fruits to stop eating?
>>
>>36138699
>is, fruit is jam fucking packed with simple sugars
The extreme majority of them, yes

>Are there any micronutriants that only are found in fruit?
No, and vegetables win vs fruits in almost every conceivable nutrient density profile, but that doesn't mean eating fruit is pointless

>What fruits are worth keeping in the diet?
Any and all of them in moderate amounts

>What are some shit tier fruits to stop eating?
That's not how varied diet works
>>
>>36138776
Why wouldn't you go for the optimal choice besides taste?

Fruit goes bad really quick anyway, I just wanted to know if there were any fruits that were worth consuming despite the sugar
>>
File: nigga what.jpg (26 KB, 368x268) Image search: [Google]
nigga what.jpg
26 KB, 368x268
>>36139167
>I just wanted to know if there were any fruits that were worth consuming despite the sugar

All of them, dumbass. The fiber in the fruit prevents the sugar metabolizing too fast so it doesn't matter if you eat fruit every day. Seriously, what is so fucking hard for you tards to understand about this?
>>
>>36138699
bananas are a pretty good source of protein on a bulk
>>
>>36139257
>sugar is not good for you, limit it to as little as you can
>oh except that extremely sugary food, that is fine
>>
>>36139276
Not the guy you're replying to, but there's a reason a dietitian would permit a diabetic to eat fruit and not candy.

Fruit is fine regardless of the sugar content. Stop cowering.
>>
Fruits and vegetables go hand in hand. The main thing you're after with these fruits is their phytochemicals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_phytochemicals_in_food
http://www.phytochemicals.info
http://www.aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/diet/elements_phytochemicals.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Phytochemicals aren't essential nutrients in the sense that you need them to live, but they are essential for good health. A wide variety of both fruits and vegetables, as well as other plant foods like nuts, whole grains, and legumes, is ideal to get a larger spread of these different phytochemicals.

You'll notice that "fruits and vegetables" are often mentioned as one phrase, and you may wonder if fruits are as good as vegetables because they contain sugar. In the context of unprocessed fruit, with its fiber and phytochemicals that help control blood sugar and oxidation, the sugar content isn't even something to think about. As the World Health Organization says, sugar in fruits has never been shown to cause any harmful effects, and does not need to be limited on the grounds of health.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/

This video helps explain why, and gives you some understanding of the effects of phytochemicals in food.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-fructose-is-bad-what-about-fruit/
>>
>>36139264
>1g protein per 100cal

wat
>>
>>36139331
Saved your post for future use.
>>
>>36139257
Finally an anon that gets it.
>>
>>36139276
A good rule is that if its actually alive its probably good for you.
>>
>>36138699
F I B E R
I
B
E
R

you fucking cunt
>>
>>36139331
>phytochemicals
pinnacle of
b r o s c i e n c e
r
o
>>
>>36139331

>whole grain

He got fooled by the whole grain meme.
>>
>>36139878
How about you read what all the different phytochemicals do instead of spouting shit? Literally the first link provides you with a full list of them
>>
>>36139878

>major aspect of nutrition science since their discovery
>broscience
>>
>>36139922

You got fooled by the anti-grain conspiracy.
>>
>>36139922
He got fooled by the whole grain meme.
>>
>>36139966
wow, a list.
wow, it means fucking nothing.

>>36139984
nutrition "science" is shit.
the field gets stuff wrong so many times, they're not to be trusted, except for banning shit that will acutely kill you.
>>
>>36140023

>science is wrong and not to be trusted
>>
>>36140040
>putting words in my mouth
>>
File: MAAASTERRR.jpg (114 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
MAAASTERRR.jpg
114 KB, 1024x768
>>36139257
>The fiber in the fruit prevents the sugar metabolizing too fast so it doesn't matter if you eat fruit every day.
WHAT is this
I've never heard about this
>>
>>36140070

How do you not know what fiber is?
>>
from my understanding, the fructose in fruit doesn't spike blood sugar and insulin levels, rendering it the most useless sugar-laden food in terms of restoring muscle glycogen. if i'm consuming sugar, it's for that purpose (or pre-workout energy if i'm eating really soon before gym).
>>
>>36140082

doesn't it depend on whether it's soluble or insoluble fiber, though? soluble fiber slows the digestion process while insoluble stimulates it...
>>
Your brain needs sugar though, may as well get it from fruit, in addition to what the other anons said.
>>
>>36140122
Carbs and sugar are not essential.
>>
>>36140023

>the field gets stuff wrong so many times, they're not to be trusted

I take it you're an esteemed nutrition researcher who's intimately familiar with the field and has held many notable positions relating to it. What an honor to meet you.
>>
>>36140146
yes, that's exactly why i'm on /fit/ wasting my time with you bunch of self-proclaimed retards.
>>
>>36140135
Not quite right. They aren't essential in the same way that fats and protein are essential, that is, that there are some your body needs that it can't get except from some outside source. However it is an important macronutrient for metabolic processes and multiple internal bodily functions.
>>
>>36139331
One single informative post since i've started the thread, thank you for the help

Now, what is this about fiber nullifying sugar? Sorry if this is basic shit but I want to learn how to eat healthier and fruit seems counterproductive.

I suppose juices and spreads should be avoided ideally because of no fiber?
>>
>>36140285
Yes, I know that, but my statement is still valid regardless.
>>
>>36140303

for pure argument's sake, yes, congratulations. but not in terms of practicality.
>>
>Red pill me on fruit /fit/ is it necessary?
No, but it's not bad either. They help round out your micronutrients to contribute to a healthy diet, but so do vegetables, and eating one, or the other, or both comes down to preference. I personally prefer vegetables, especially those belonging to Brassicacea (broccoli, cabbage) or Allium (onion, garlic).

>What I mean is, fruit is jam fucking packed with simple sugars. Are there any micronutriants that only are found in fruit?
As far as vitamins and minerals go, most fruits will provide enough to significantly help you meet your daily requirements, but most vegetables will do the same as well. Where they tend to differ significantly, even fruits amongst themselves or vegetables amongst themselves, will be their polyphenol contents. These compounds may not be necessary in a healthy diet, but can improve one's health and metabolism if consumed.

>What fruits are worth keeping in the diet? What are some shit tier fruits to stop eating?
Basically any berry (including apples and avocados) are the fruits with a good amount of nutrition. I can't really think of a fruit that's so garbage-tier that I would say you shouldn't eat it.
>>
>>36140347
No, also in terms of practicality.
Who cares about the shit you're saying?
People only need to know that carbs and fat are essential nutrients to consume.
They don't care that sugar gets produced by the body.
>>
>>36140398
fuck, meant protein* and fat obviously
>>
>>36140398
>>36140413
I get what you're saying, and I agree, but you might as well not bother trying to educate these people. Anti-keto shills will just call you a keto shill and ignore basic biochemistry, which teaches that the human body has a few mechanisms in place to ensure access to the glucose it needs (which is very little when the body adapts to ketone usage).

They also like to assume incorrectly that keto practitioners are all-or-nothing, ignoring the various carb-cycling options that myself and many others employ to, or that keto practitioners think it's applicable in all training situations, which most keto-ers would probably disagree with. I like keto because I'm better able to manage my hunger while cutting, and I don't need glycogen as much for submaximal high-volume training, but when I'm doing maximal or near-maximal strength training, I like having my glycogen topped off at all times because I feel I perform better that way, and I don't use keto.

Nuance, something that escapes most of these dogmatic morons.
>>
>>36140635
Thanks, I guess?
But I don't give one shit about keto either.

Imo, all that's important is
1. eat enough calories
2. eat enough protein
3. eat whole foods
4. eat veggies and fruit
5. eat with variety
(6. don't drink shit)
>>
>>36139264
Banana is technically berry not a fruit
>>
>>36140800
that's the most retarded thing I have ever read on /fit/
>>
>>36140829
hello newfriend
>>
Sugar is no better than candy. it is the ultimate fatty excuse food.

Go to any office in the US and you will find 100 desks made of fat women with a fucking snickers bar next to a tangerine

Go to any 'diet club' in the US and a table made of apples will sit next to a bowl of granola bars

Go to any large scale gym and there will be a half dozen obese women made of treadmills, drinking 'smoothies' made of fruit mixed with honey and crackers

Go to any coffee shop in the country and you will see a bunch of chubby women ordering 'frappucinos' with a side of blueberries

Fruit is a gateway candy. It is candy for people who cannot resists to eat candy. By eating fruit you are admitting you are weak, and cannot avoid your some candy. When you eat a banana you are telling your brain 'I know you want sugar, so have some sugar and maybe then you will have some more sugar' and your brain advances the decision to buy some fucking milk way and you can't resist anymore.

This is why you never see that cute girl at the gym, you know? The one was abs of steel and a hot ass plums, with the vegetables she never eats fucking fruit. I haven't eaten fruit in 4 years and will not start now.
>>
>>36140978
You're dumb.
>>
>>36140978
I guarantee you're fat.
>>
>some stupid aussie cunt eats like 5000 bananas a day
>OMFG /FIT/ WHY ARE FRUITS GOING TO MAKE ME FAT AND UNHEALTHY
>>
>>36139257
Bullshit. Fiber won't prevent shit. It will only help you stay clean and shit often.

Fruit has fructose, it doesn't spike your glycemic/insuline index like glucose and it's the main reason of why fruit will always be superior to any other common sugar. Less glucose means less insuline, means less fat.
>>
>>36141190
>Fiber won't prevent shit.
True, but it will make it easier to pass.
>>
>>36141216

depends on the type of fiber homie
>>
Dark green veggies trump fruits but fruits are excellent. They are super healthy, contain phytochemicals, antioxidants, fiber, etc. The sugar in them is not bad. For example vegans eat loads of fruits and don't suffer from elevated sugar levels and vegan diets are suitable for all ages. (Not a vegan btw just hate when fat lards/pseudo bro nutritionists say fruits are bad because of sugar)

Just be careful because you can easily load up on calories from just 3-4 fruits that can be 1000 calories already.

No such thing as a bad fruit, eat your favorites moderately and adjust accordingly to your macros/micro needs.
>>
>>36140978
Literally one of the most retarded shitpastas i ever read here...
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.