[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PODCASTS AT THE GYM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12
Do any of you guys listen to podcasts at the gym? Which ones do you listen to, preferably on soundcloud? I like Sleepycabins podcast and radio free skyrim for the /pol/ crossover crowd.
>>
>>36123333
>pls respond
>>
radical personal finance
>>
>>36123333
I know everyone has their own opinions and stuff, but I really don't see how you can lift heavy to a podcast
Cardio is a very different story
>>
>>36123534
I do cardio on non lifting days and I need something to get through it, for lifting i just go with DMX or busta rhymes
>>
I use Podcast Addict and listen to Freakonomics, Partially Examined Life, and various college lectures. I rotate between podcast and music since I find podcast to be too much of a mental masturbation exercise after a month.
>>
Stern Show when I do cardio.
I can't lift and have earphones in. Shit bugs me. I listen to music in between tho.
>>
Dan Carlins Hardcore History. Listening to alphas fuck with betas throughout history is the best to work out too.
>>
File: image_11.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image_11.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
>>36123333
nice quads
>>
File: yumai nigga.png (4 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
yumai nigga.png
4 KB, 320x240
>>36123333
>I like Sleepycabins podcast
>>
>>36123766
Everybody needs to listen to this. I recommend "Wrath of the Khan". About genghis khan being ruthless and fucking the entire world.
>>
I've tried listening to the Ricky Gervais Show while lifting but its too distracting listening to that a roundheaded manc twat talking absolute shit while trying to lift weights
>>
>>36123766
Muh nigga

I would appreciate a cast with more information and less "common sense" but they're really informative and interesting

I want the next kings of kings episode, Kurash was great
>>
Both "In Our Time" and "New Books Network" are excellent podcasts that cover a shitload of subjects.

New Books can vary a lot in quality though; it's all academics talking, and some of them are painfully monotonous.
>>
Has anyone fucked with Storycorps' stories/podcast?
Is it garbage?
The animations were great about five years ago before they got a new agenda.
>>
I've actually been listening to pic related while lifting for about a week.

It's pretty good.
>>
>>36123621
Podcast Addict is GOAT
>>
>>36123534
It depends on the person. For warmup reps and cardio, I do podcasts. I only listen to music when I'm setting PRs.

History of Rome Podcast (even if it's a little dry)
Brilliant Idiots
Freakonomics
Serial
Planet Money
Hardcore History
>>
>>36123333
Planet money, 99%invisible, caustic soda.

I used to listen to radiolab and freakonomics but ive kinda fallen off of them in recent months.
>>
Used to listen to Internet Box, but it was kind of distracting so I went back to music. Thinking of trying audiobooks soon though
>>
>>36123621
Big ups for Partially Examined Life
>>
I use Pocketcasts (the best app ever made imo) to listen to Bill Burr, Norm Macdonald, DVDASA (personal fave), The History of Rome, and a couple pickup podcasts like the Art of Charm, Sasha Daygame, and Ask Women podcast.
>>
No goddamn Welcome to Night Vale?

You're all garbage
>>
>lifting without energizing music

But why

I wouldn't even be able to concentrate on a podcast in the gym, i need music like it's a goddamn macro
>>
>>36131130
>giving recommendations when you wouldn't even fuck the green m&m
>>
Uhh Yeah Dude is my favorite, it's funny and I've listened for nearly 10 years now.
>>
I can't listen to podcasts when lifting because if I laugh I might end up in snap city.

And I can't listen to common filth radio or I get mad, and I like to be calm when I lift.
>>
>>36123333
I like "waking up with Sam Harris". He's top tier husbando. Talks about ethics and the philosophy of violence
>>
File: CayZzJsUsAA0I93.jpg (96 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CayZzJsUsAA0I93.jpg
96 KB, 600x600
>>36131433
Seconded. Smart guy and some fascinating guests.

Almost any SModcast show, including "SModcast", "Hollywood Babble-On", "Edumacation", "Fatman on Batman", "Jay and Silent Bob Get Old" and the exquisite genius which is "Tell Em Steve-Dave".

Beware comedy during valsalva. That is how I shall die, but I'll die amused.
>>
Comedy bing bong is usually pretty funny that one with trump, Bernie sanders and Iago was fucking hilarious
>>
>If I Were You
>the Cracked.com podcast
>improv4humans
>Twinnovation
>My Brother My Brother and Me
>The Adventure Zone

these are mostly comedy. if you're someone who can't hold laughter in and don't wanna look autistic, get audio books. you can pirate them in a heartbeat.
>>
>>36132116
>Cracked.com

stopped reading there
>>
surprised no one has mentioned The Biggest Problem in the Universe considering one of the hosts is the physical manifestation of 4chan
>>
File: aaron.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
aaron.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>36123333
I listen to Aaron Clarey on youtube while I lift, desu. Highly recommended. He also has his podcast, but I haven't got enough patience to find it

https://www.youtube.com/user/AaronClarey
>>
File: 1441845430778.jpg (103 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1441845430778.jpg
103 KB, 960x960
>/pol/ crossover
Mah nigga, lifted today to the newest Shoah, so TRS stuff in general (at least some of it, Radio Free Skyrim is based.) Counter Currents does some decent podcasts, so does radix (Richard Spencer,) besides that I stick to music. Occasionally Common Filth to trigger myself, but that is generally too short to queue up for a gym session.
>>
>>36132140
5 ways MY DAD tried to KILL feminism
By
A whiny man
>>
>>36123766
>>36126269
>>36126442
Just finished Thor's Angels when I was lifting yesterday
>>
File: 1452571927767.gif (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1452571927767.gif
3 MB, 600x338
>>36132747
Yeah that sounds like Cracked alright
what a waste
>>
>>36132140

Your loss faggot
>>
>>36126367
>A KP nut on /fit/
Mah niqqa
>tfw just started the XFM shows again.
>>
>>36123766
Anything else comparable to this lads? I need more history.
>>
Fuck your informative podcasts.
Listen to comedians and it's as if they do constant improv bits just to make you happier in life

Meme arrowBill burr
>>
>>36133692
real crusades history (on youtube) but it has some podcasts
>>
I listen to The Go Home Show at the gym but that's about it. Outside of the gym is Mega64, Norm Macdonald repeats, radiolab, Gilbert gottfrieds amazing colossal podcast, car talk, and 93x morning show since I usually miss it
>>
>>36132153
*tips fedora*
>>
Commonfilth to fuel my anger
>>
File: 1453069868846.png (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1453069868846.png
15 KB, 200x200
>>36135797
why are you doing this to yourself, fellow /pol/ack?
>>
File: 1455810912771.jpg (796 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1455810912771.jpg
796 KB, 1024x768
Good podcasts
>Radiolab
If you can get over the NPR sucks meme, they have a lot of really interesting stories, and the production quality is the best out there
>Grappling Central
Counter RadioLab's liberal shenanigans with manly men talking about grappling. Great if you do bjj/judo/sambo/wrestled
>The Nerdist
Listen to very casual interviews with people you enjoy watching/listening to. Hear Chris talk about how dead his dad is.
>James Bonding
If you love/are even mildly interested in the bond films, these are a treat

Hands down favourite

>The Thrilling Adventure Hour
Podcast done in the style of old timey radio, excellent writing, excellent voice actors, Makes a morning bus commute infinitely better. A lot of stories, so feel around if you don't like one. Try another.

Also Hardcore history has been talked about a lot and is also great.
>>
>>36135810
I have a home gym, so no one needs to see my angry face
>>
>>36123333
Planet Money.
>>
>>36128505
My nigga! I listen to 99% invisible and LOVE planet money. Maybe I'll give caustic soda a try.
>>
>>36132684
>DNA: Destroy Nigguz Averywhere
Fucking Ghoul sends my sides into orbit
>>
>Dan Carlin
>Bill Burr

Are there any other podcast worth listinging to really?
>>
>all these TRSwaggots in here.
Based. We're all gonna make it
>>
>>36136599
We're all gonna make America great again, brah.
>>
File: 1452464753735s.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1452464753735s.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>36132684
>Radio Free Skyrim is based
Two hours of scandinavian shitposting, sign me up.
>>
>>36127273
>serial
My nigga
>>
>>36132141
I've heard this phrase before and when I checked out sleepy cast it was just 4 guys who were a physical manifestation of reddit
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.