[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Marines so jacked? How do you guys train and eat, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 16
File: marines.jpg (244 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
marines.jpg
244 KB, 800x600
Why are Marines so jacked? How do you guys train and eat, how do I get to this level?
>>
>>36119139
This is a meme. I've met plenty of marines in shit shape. But, when you're on active duty, all you have to do is lift, sleep, shit, and eat between your patrols. That's what I've heard, and that's why you see so many in above-average or better shape.
>>
>>36119139
I only see three guys in that pis that can qualify as 'jacked', the rest is DYEL as fuck.
>>
>>36119139
>Fat guy hiding behind the flag
>>
File: 1448438824906.png (3 KB, 184x203) Image search: [Google]
1448438824906.png
3 KB, 184x203
>>36119139
wayne brady was a marine?
>>
Nothing to do on deployments except work out. Now that we're in peacetime, deployments are even more boring. I just got back from Europe, and we did nothing there but work out and eat.

Still, most of us are far from jacked. We're pretty physical, but a lot of that is running and in the field we lose gains fast living off MREs and getting shit sleep while we patrol/hike.

I'm above average right now in the infantry and I look kind of like a white version of the black dude on the right side of your pic.
>>
>>36119251

How do you guys train or work out when you are working out? Do you do the /fit/ strength program stuff or more bodybuilding stuff, brosplits and so on? I'd like to know since I want to do what you guys do.

Also, I've seen the Terminal Boots vids and a lot of the Marines there also look jacked.

>I'm above average right now in the infantry and I look kind of like a white version of the black dude on the right side of your pic.

That's not bad at all. How does an 03 end up on 4chan?
>>
>>36119139
>marines
>jacked
Dude in any military branch while deployed.
All you have to do is eat/sleep/workout.
I had over 3 hours of gym time daily, I could eat anything I wanted and not gain any fat due to the amount of calories I was burning.
Was the only time in my life I made it below 10% body fat.
>>
>>36119276

Don't you have to do stuf 9-5 on deployment though? Or you mean like in your off time and liberty?
>>
>>36119265

Lots of brosplits but there's really no standard. Marines, ignoring the lazy ones, are just normal people. We do different shit, the only difference between us and civilians is we have more time and free food on our hands.

I was a fucking nerd before I joined and nothing has changed except now I'm bigger and I shoot machine guns every now and then.

>>36119302
The infantry doesn't. There is no 9-5 for us. If our weapons are maintained, we're all sleeping in until noon, waking up for lunch, and doing w/e the fuck until sleep time. Then we go to the field every several weeks to train.
>>
>>36119337

Nice. Can you tell me what kind of program or routine you did?

And how did you get your pullups and situps up? Probably "By doing them.", lol.
>>
>>36119178
show this pic to a woman and she would get wet af and fuck literally any of them
>>
>>36119352
not that bloke but progressing with pull ups is pretty easy

start with 5,5,5,5,5 (5x5, this shouldnt be TOO hard)
then go 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, then 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, etc until you get to 5x6
then keep doing the same until you can get to like 5x10
>>
>>36119384
I'm sorry, but no.

They look like dumb meatheads that couldn't hold a conversation with a literate like me for five minutes, many women, my girlfriend included would rightfully turn their nose up at them and stick to more evolved and refined men such as myself.

That "look" isn't very attractive, sorry to break it to you.
>>
>>36119302
>Don't you have to do stuf 9-5 on deployment though? Or you mean like in your off time and liberty?
This entirely depends on a couple of factors.
Having gone from a support unit(soft skill) to a support element(where I was attached to a infantry/specops element) I can say the later was better.
For the former I had an amazing gym, but regular work schedule and mediocre cafeteria.
This was in Qatar, I was putting in 2 hours a day at the gym there. I made most my size on that deployment just because of the sheer amount of equipment that I could fuck with.
On my second/third deployment which were in Afghanistan I was on a small FOB near Herat. Shit gym, shit food, but I could work out all day as each day usually only had one task required of me. I was either on guard shift for 12 hours, on mission, or I was on duty (being the cook for the week, or whatever task we would trade out). If I was cook you're talking cooking/inventory at most, add in a few other products (reports/etc). we had a system with magnets and chalk where you write your name in and the move the magnet to wherever you were. So i'd just move it to gym, if no one came. I kept working out.
>>
most of the jacked marines get on roids because it's so much easier to get (being around all those dudes gets your connections to roids) and they believe they have less to lose.

potential roid side effects seem to not matter so much when you could be sent off to die
>>
>>36119139
Drugs, anon.
>>
What else is there to do in some third world shithole?
>>
>>36119405
How fat are you?
>>
Always wondered about what they eat? The FFLs diet is shit and it's full of shitty carbs.
>>
>>36119410

Do any guys roid?
>>
>>36119139
we don't need memes and shitty quotes to get motivated to work out. we are motivated all the time by the idea that our job is to get /fit/ or we literally could die.
>>
>>36119440
>Always wondered about what they eat? The FFLs diet is shit and it's full of shitty carbs.
Army bro answering,
Carbs don't matter when you're burning more than 3k a day just being alive, add in your workouts/missions.
I ate almost none stop and had cases of mountain dew I would go through almost bi weekly. Couldn't gain a bit of fat if I wanted to, I was considered underweight.
>>
>>36119455

I thought motivation literally was a meme in the Corps. "Moto". I don't think any other branch has that.
>>
>>36119384
>believing this
>caring what women think

beta as fuck
>>
>>36119463
I don't mean motivation like the "oorah devil dogs pain is weakness leaving the body" meme.

I mean motivation like "hmmm do I go down to the gym or do I play xbox for another couple hours... oh shit I have a PFT next week I shouldn't be a lazy piece of shit."
>>
>>36119449
>Do any guys roid?
Yes,
not as many as you're led to believe.
I had my personal suspicions of the SpecOps(SF) because they were freakishly huge. However most military guys are cut/big due to the excessive amount of calorie burn on deployment.
Rarely did I see a completely ripped guy.
>>
>>36119337
I was thinking about going infantry, for no better reason than I just want to.
Some Marines told me that as infantry you're essentially a janitor who just happens to be a trained killer. Is this the case?
>>
>>36119449
yeah I've definitely met multiple people who roid to get their fitness test scores up. I don't think drug tests detect steroids so people do what they want. In my command it was subtly encouraged since its not "cheating" like in sports. There's no such thing as cheating when you're face to face with the enemy and the stronger one wins.
>>
>>36119462

But how can you build muscle mass with a diet that heavily consists of shitty carbs?
>>
>>36119517
yep. most of the time you're cleaning weapons, the barracks, etc. and sitting on watch for hours staring at nothing in particular. Then sometimes shit goes down for a couple hours then its back to the same shit.
>>
>>36119547
Would you say it's worth it?
Currently I'm in a position where if I worked hard enough I could get a scholarship with AFROTC, but I really want to be a Marine and not some Air Force bitch boy
>>
>>36119410
>small FOB near Herat
Where was this? I was Herat City when Ismail Khan wae kicked out back in 2004. We used his vacation home in the park as our TOC. The 'riot' was fun. I remember some of our guys coming back from his secret store houses with bags and bags of the useless taliban money.
>>
>>36119567

Not this guy but why not? Air Force is awesome and has amazing tech. Marines I hear get treated like shit by superiors.
>>
>>36119440
I've thought about trying for ffl this summer. Can you bring protein powder in your personal kit most of the time? What about on a deployment?
>>
>>36119522
Hard work baby
>>
>>36119462
I will second this, only to add that 4k a day diets did not make people fat when you are doing 16 hour days - six days a week. One thing I did not understand was how muscle growth occurred with so little deep actual sleep, and with stress hormones jacked up. I've always been told that should inhibit growth.
>>
>>36119575
I don't know, it's just the thought of a cushy desk job in the Air Force makes me want to kill myself.
The ONLY job in the AF I would be happy with is pilot.
>>
>>36119139
This picture is proof that darwinism is real.
These retards are the only ones who willingly throw themselves into a stupid war in the name of "muh freedoms!"
They look like fucking low life trashy teenage thugs and this makes our country look like shit. They should be punished for this.
>>
>>36119519
My friends convinced they put shit in the food to make you fap less in bootcamp. Could also increase test
>>
>>36119598
>inb4 "you're just a pussy bro"
>inb4 "I'm a marine and I can kick your ass bro"
>inb4 any "marine" responding with internet threats
>>
>>36119576
lol. They sold that shit at the PX when I was in Kandahar. #1 best seller, right next to issues of Maxim.
>>
>>36119480
>getting trolled that softly
>>
>>36119598
>>36119623
stop talking to yourself m8
no one responded because no one's taking the bait
>>
>>36119594
It's gonna be 100x harder if you hate your job. Yeah Marines hate themselves most of the time and have to go through a lot of bullshit, but there is a lot of pride in being in the Marines. Our whole organization seems built around being a cocky asshole. I'm going through Marine NROTC right now and I love it, even though it makes my life shitty waking up at 5am and working out till I puke, along with the other shit we have to do.

I would say do something that makes you proud of yourself when you look at the mirror. I know some AFROTC guys who hate what they do and are more miserable than I am, even though literally everything they do seems so much easier than what I have to do, physically and time-wise.
>>
>>36119648
>along with the other shit we have to do.

Sucking each other cocks?
>>
>>36119622
I never went through boot camp, but I've heard you really don't feel the need to fap because of how exhausted you are and how much studying and shit you have to do.
>>
>>36119648
Air Force is more like a civilian job, while Marines is more like the actual military experience.
Also, how's NROTC? Are you on scholarship?
If my school had NROTC I'd be all up in that shit
>>
>>36119648
field exercises, drill, writing essays, going to Naval Science classes, jacking off the gunnery sergeant, group workouts, listening to briefs, shit like that.
>>
>>36119178
post current body pic or shut the fuck up
>>
>>36119648
I agree with the pride thing

I ship out to airforce bootcamp in 24 or 25 days got my #1 job pick RPA Sensor Operator so basically I'm the dude controlling cameras on reaper drones and using the targetting laser for the guns

Thought it was badass at first but literally everything I've found about this job online has been negative and I talked to one dude on here last night who said he had the job and fucking hated it

I kinda wanted to go marines just for the "brotherhood" type thing but I was too much of a pussy

Only reason I joined airforce is for job availability when I get out and the benefits that any branch brings but yea I feel like I'm going to hate my fucking job and be stuck with a bunch of nerds sitting in a chair for 12 hour shifts in a AC box in the desert

Anyone know anything about 1U0X1

Also my friend leaves the same day as me and he got RF transmission systems and wants to know if anyone knows anything about his job he can't find anything online
>>
>>36119670
I am on a 4 year scholarship. It's pretty great. You pretty much get paid $200-400 a month to go to school for free and workout. The best part honestly is the people you meet. My fellow midshipmen are my best friends and we're always getting drunk and shooting big guns.

If you get a scholarship, which is really competitive these days, you get to go on summer cruises which is basically a month of getting drunk in San Diego and Hawaii and doing cool military shit.
>>
>>36119703
What do I need to do to get a scholarship? If I got a scholarship I would happily move to Davis and commute to Berkeley for the program.
Would a 4.0 at my CC for my first year be enough?
>>
>>36119701
It's definitely what you make of it. Don't go in thinking it's gonna suck. A guy I worked with back in high school spent time as a drone pilot and it seemed chill as fuck.

Instead of going on patrols and sweating his balls off while getting shot at, he basically got paid to play a real life video game and kill the enemy without being shot at himself. And keep in mind those guys are life savers to the boots on the ground going through the shit. Don't ever think what you're doing is stupid or a waste of your life.
>>
File: Afghanistan_provinces_named.png (153 KB, 1000x768) Image search: [Google]
Afghanistan_provinces_named.png
153 KB, 1000x768
Answering questions as I can Anons, will respond in a while.
>>36119522
This is sort of a trick of the body.
1. Carbs if being actively burned have little to no effect on the body. I can eat healthy carbs at night(during rest periods) to try to maximize their benefits for a good run the next day or if i know I have a hard mission, but when I wake up in the morning I can eat like a fucking pig and it matters not. Breakfast was always my biggest meal and I ate the way a tumblr bitch would. Talking like quarter loaf of bread, eggs, meats a plenty, glasses of milk/orangejuice/etc just fucking gross (if I was on the fob I rarely got to eat this way which is why I got super cut on my last deployment. You really just need to make sure your nutrient levels are good above all else.
This is where the whole "cardio kills gains" is a meme. It's total bro science, the fact is the average body builder doesn't have the time or means to do so much cardio and also eat so much food to balance it out.
If you eat big you get big, when calorie burning is involved you just have to eat bigger than usual!

>>36119569
See pic related Anon, all cyan colors are fobs I went to.
The one north of Herat was less than an hour north of the huge spanish base where the marines had WestSOCOM attached. This was in 2010.
The one in Farah was my second deployment, but it was quickly destroyed(nothing, but a shit village there) and we were transfered back north.
The one to the far north was Dari-da-bum and the one in Khandahar had a really awesome PX that was kind of like a mall.

>>36119591
For normal people stress/sleep deprivation do show negative gains, flip flopping (Anon is use to x hours/x stress) is the worst for them. military members have versatility, anomalies who are not use to x hours or x levels of stress, but have a wide variety of levels on a given week.
We adapt beyond this, however our injuries years later become more apparent when you have intense spine injuries or cartilage damage.
>>
File: 1382281354965.jpg (101 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
1382281354965.jpg
101 KB, 480x800
>>36119699
OK. This is my body, I'm cutting though so i have definetly have lost some mass, but I'm way more shredded than those jokes.
>>
>>36119724
For Navy option, definitely. For Marine option, you need to be pretty physically fit. I'm talking 20 deadhang pullups, 100 situps in two minutes, and a sub20 min 3mile. The grades look great, but the Marines care more about physical fitness.

Talk to an officer selection officer and he'll help you out. My friend was in the same boat as you and got in as a Navy option, got fit working out with the Marines when he was with the unit, then switched to Marine option.
>>
>>36119753
I could probably get to that level within the next year. If not, then definitely by the second year.

My only concern with joining NROTC marine option for my last two years of college, is that I would miss two years of ROTC and have no fucking clue what I was doing.
>>
>>36119772
Yeah there's a pretty big learning curve, but the others will help you get caught up. I've never heard of anyone joining as a Junior in college though, I'm not sure if that's even possible. Definitely contact an OSO as soon as possible.
>>
>>36119772
If it turns out you're too old for NROTC, start looking into applying for officer candidate school when you graduate. selection for OCS is pretty cut throat, so get yourself in the best shape you can. Again, they definitely will like your academics, but a high level (275+ PFT) of physical fitness is essential.
>>
>>36119733
Thanks man, really it might not seem like what you wrote was a lot but that really just changed my whole perspective
>>
>>36119840
No problem. I love what I do, and I have no problem helping other people out who are on the fence with their decision. It's definitely not for everyone, so really consider if it's something you would be proud to have taking up most of your life. Get running, do some pullups, keep the grades up, and you'll be just fine.
>>
>>36119405
about to get
C U C K E D
>>
>>36119738
What the fuck is the US army doing in Afghanistan? You have no fucking business being deployed there.
>>
>>36119876
this was back in 2010 when the US was doing everything it could to destabilize the Taliban. Not even gonna get into why we don't like the Taliban. look it up.
>>
I'm a Marine, and I have what could only be described as a dad bod. I run a first class PFT (100 crunches, 20 dead hang pull ups, ~24 minute 3 mile, max max relax baby) there are TONS of guys like me, probably just as many lean/ripped guys.

THAT SAID: I'm an MP, not a grunt, and I only recently started going to the gym. Honestly no one gives a fuck if you look like the guys in OP's pic in the Marine Corps. Yeah, you get respect and I am trying to attain something similiar to those guys, but what gets you promoted isn't your PR for DL and squat, it's pull ups, crunches, and run time. A lot of beastly guys who are obviously in shape have trouble making weight/tape as well, so there's that.
>>
>>36119887
>this was back in 2010 when the US was doing everything it could to destabilize the Taliban. Not even gonna get into why we don't like the Taliban.

Still, the US army has no business going to a country you are not in war with.
>>
>>36119902
Except for when we are explicitly attacked by a terrorist organization within that country. And said country doesn't do anything about the terrorist organization. Now fuck off, hippy
>>
>>36119911
Dude, are you this ignorant about national sovereignity and UN conventions?

Would you US people would be happy if the russian military attacked terrorists in your country?
>>
>>36119902
It's the "War on Terror". We're not at war with Afghanistan. In fact, we trained and fought alongside the Afghani Army. We were there to fight the Taliban, who we were at war with.
>>
>>36119930
If we had ISIS building bases in fucking North Carolina and bombing our markets and cutting the heads off our civilians, then yes. I would love if the Russians came and helped us fuck them up.
>>
>>36119937
> And said country doesn't do anything about the terrorist organization.
> In fact, we trained and fought alongside the Afghani Army.

What?
>>
>>36119930
No, but clearly our country would deal with the terrorists in collaboration with Russia. Exactly like how the US fought the Taliban with the support of the Afghani government
>>
>>36119384
Lift for a couple of years and come back. You're blue-pilled as fuck.
>>
>>36119949
Hmmm

Really?
>>
>>36119957
Without US support, Afghanistan couldn't deal with the Taliban.
>>
>>36119957
two separate people, two separate quotes. But the Afghani army was not nearly as well armed or well trained as the US, so they couldn't really do much to fight the Taliban until the US showed up.
>>
>>36119975
>>36119937

The US just supported the side which it thought was the closest to its interests. The truth is that you just contributed to the destabilization of a country as you have done in the past many times.
>>
>>36119937
>"War on Terror".

Is that the name you use as an excuse to interfere with other countries politics and internal affairs to best suit the US interests?
>>
>>36120035
>>36120017
If you don't like it, stop us, faggots. Oh wait, you can't. I'm roflmaoing right now at non Americans
>>
>>36120017
>The US just supported the side which it thought was the closest to its interests.

whats your point? that's literally true for every conflict in the history of mankind. Terrorism is a threat that the US does not really have an effective plan to approach. There are no more front lines. The enemy looks exactly like civilians, which is a huge problem when it comes to getting public support and preventing the growth of terrorist organizations. Honestly, it's a lose-lose situation, so we might as well play aggressive like the US always does.
>>
>>36120063
Don't talk to the peasants, they'll never understand what it means to be free
>>
>>36120035
"terror" being a broad term for the groups that threaten the US daily and cut the heads off their own people for their interpretation of a religion that claims to be "peaceful". So it would probably be better if they were dead, and who better to do it than the biggest, most well funded military on earth?
>>
>>36120083
>"terror" being a broad term for the groups that threaten the US daily and cut the heads off their own people for their interpretation of a religion that claims to be "peaceful".

Groups that wouldnt even exist if the US didnt have the aggressive policy of interfering in every country they can to take advantage of their territory and resources. These so-called extremists are just the response these people have to present opposition to you.
>>
>>36120125
So you're telling me that ISIS and the FSA are actually in response to the U.S? Not because they hate that dictator Assad? At least you've shown your lack of comprehension in this matter.
>>
>>36119739
Is this bait?
>>
>>36119739
Ummm you shur there pal.
>>
File: hayzeus.jpg (19 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
hayzeus.jpg
19 KB, 194x259
>>36119405
you can't possibly be serious

can you?
>>
>tfw want the army life
>tfw your country's army is a joke

Been thinking hard about joining the FFL but I've read a lot of negative things on /k
>>
>>36120269
What did you hear? I've also considered it.
>>
>>36119139
all they do is go to the gym
source>Im stationed on a marine base and go to their gym all the time because its legit
>>
>>36120620
Make you eat frogs for starters. Then you also have to learn French. Plus they make you share a bed and you usually end up having to share with a curry nigger.
>>
>>36120269
What country would that be? One year of compulsory service was more than enough for me
>>
>>36121148
Also, there are a lot of slavs.

Jk but as the legions tests aren't that hard to pass, a lot of unstabile/violent weirdos have enlisted
>>
>>36119567
Gonna be hard to get that scholarship when applications close in January. Have fun being a marine and thinking the uniform attracts anyone but tricare chasing sluts who are gonna get pregnant and have uncle Sam as their sugar daddy
>>
>>36119701
Have fun sitting in a box in the desert staring at nothing for 99 percent of your job. At least you get a flight suit.
>>
>>36119701
I'm rf trans. He's gonna do anything from base comm to isr satcom. They merged career fields so basically anything that deals with radio waves can potentially be his job. Just get the theory down and everything else is on the job training. Electronic principals is stupid and he'll never be doing component level maintenance. If something breaks they'll pull the entire unit and swap a new one in. Basically no one cares when you do the job right but they're in your shit when something is broken. I like it a lot though.
>>
File: 1412608677793.png (129 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1412608677793.png
129 KB, 625x626
>>36119405
>evolved
>refined
>such as myself

What in the fuck? This is something I will never understand. Military members are not inherently stupid or socially inept. There are definitely some really, really stupid people here but there are some very smart people as well.

>Marine reporting
>>
>>36119701
Bump
>>
>>36119594
you havent really explained yourself. Why not a "cushy desk job"
>>
>>36119967
would you turn down help?
>>
File: 1375529656302.jpg (2 MB, 1600x870) Image search: [Google]
1375529656302.jpg
2 MB, 1600x870
>>36119139
> MUHRINES HOOOAAH FUK GITS SUM
> Look like degenerate south american gang members
I guess this is the current standard of modern American soldier
>>
>>36119517

Don't enlist during peacetime. If you do anyways, DO NOT go infantry during peacetime.

You're not a "trained killer". Training fucking sucks during peacetime because it's a bunch of faggots who have never been in combat teaching you how to be in combat like they know anything.

You'll just get hazed for a year and a half until you go on some stupid deployment that's boring as shit and means nothing. Then you'll come back with really nothing to show for yourself, do nothing until the next stupid deployment, get back from that one and get out of the USMC.

>>36119352
I mean I just did a lot of weighted pull-ups and weighted decline sit-ups lol

>>36119622
100% of your time in boot camp is spent with your platoon and your drill instructors. This doesn't make most straight men want to jerk off. Even if you did want to, there is not a single place you can go that's private. The stalls in the bathroom don't have doors, and DIs could be lurking anywhere at any hour of the day.

>>36119251
I'm this guy btw
>>
File: fedoratip.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fedoratip.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>36119405
>>
>>36121567
SS men were mostly spooky skeletars. You dont get any gains if you are half the time in hospital and other half in train to the front/hospital. Also battles when you had hardly time to eat.
>>
>>36121750
>I mean I just did a lot of weighted pull-ups and weighted decline sit-ups lol

Was that all of your routine or just for the pullups and situps?
>>
I was a Marine Corps 03 for a while and I was an out of shape DYEL. You don't technically need to be ripped at all the Marine Corps is all about endurance. I was a fat turd but I could run like mad and hump all day.
>>
>>36119405
someone tip this evolved man
>>
>>36121800
SS ware mostly the most elite human specimens humanity could offer, their training extremely difficult and require extra ordinary level of will power and strength, they also had to provide proof of their linage dating up to 600 years back to prove that they ware pure and their blood not polluted
>Recruits were expected to be
between the ages of 17 and 22
at least 168 CM tall. (5' 9" - Himmler's height)
with no criminal record
since 1935, SS recruits were required to have a pure "Aryan" genealogy (aka no Jewish forebears) going back to 1800 for enlisted men and 1750 for officers
Terms of service: minimum 4 years for enlisted men, 12 years for NCO's and 25 years for officers.
The requirements were in fact so stringent that only 15 out of 100 applicants were accepted. RFSS Himmler boasted that not only did her personally look at the photographs of officer applicants for the SS, but that his organization did not accept a candidate with even "one filled tooth
>>
>>36119567
yeah you'll have a real fun time being an infantry officer
>>
>>36119405
this guy is probably getting cucked as we post
>>
>>36119665
This is correct. Also, it's just not an environment where you'd want to fap. High stress, and drill instructors are a constant threat....also there are no stall doors in the community bathrooms
>>
>>36122047

What if you have a wet dream?

And isn't that bad for your prostate?
>>
>>36121918

>SS ware mostly the most elite human specimens humanity could offer

/pol/ pls stop
>>
File: Picture 2.jpg (630 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Picture 2.jpg
630 KB, 2592x1944
>>36121808
Just for the pull-ups and sit-ups you doofus.

I'll post my whole brosplit routine if you want, but I don't know why you would.

Pic related shitty webcam photo of me right now.
>>
So what happens when you find out some of your guys is gay? Do you all rape him jokingly?
>>
>>36120269
the closest thing to be a forced recruit on the MSF :^)
>>
>>36119164
This. There's really nothing else to do on deployment.
>>
>>36122117

Yeah post it. I'm interested.

Looking big hombre, props.
>>
>>36122134

You could read. You could do stuff on your laptop with Linux, programming or whatever. Play guitar.
>>
>>36122065
I actually think it's healthier than NOT having a wet dream. But you probably wouldn't have time to clean yourself up in the morning
>>
>>36122117
Nice arms, Killah
>>
>>36122150
>read

You do know that usually the people with the lowest ASVAB scores get shuttled to the Marines right?
>>
Alright. My days were chest + tris, back + bis, shoulders + core, and legs. I'd do whatever I hadn't done in the past 3 days and take like 1-2 rest days a week. Literally every lift is 3x8 or until failure.

>chest + tris
Every chest day I'd alternate dumbell and barbell for presses
Flat, incline, and decline bench
DB flies
Cable tri pulldowns with the rope thing
Overhead DB tri extensions or skullcrushers

>back + bis
Deadlifts
Bent over barbell rows or machine rows
Lat pulldowns
Pull-ups
DB curls, preacher curls, barbell curls <- pick two

>shoulders + core
DB or machine shrugs
DB front raises and side raises
OHP
Decline sit-ups, usually with a 30-45 lb kettle bell
Machine leg raises with a 15 lb DB between my feet

>legs
Squats
Superset curls and extensions
Calf raises
Leg press if I felt like it
Then I'd close out by putting like 25s-45s on a barbell and lunging a basketball court up and down 3 times with rests in between

Before deployment I had just gotten out of a month and a half of desert training where I lost all my gains. I got to deployment at 172, left at 194 doing just this. 6 months total, taking protein and creatine.

Starting 1RMs (estimating here I dont really remember)
bench - 245
DL - 355
squat - 325

Current 1RMs, few weeks back from deployment
bench - 3pl8
DL - 425
squat - 405

I should add I still don't really know what I'm doing so criticism is welcomed. I kind of just eat a lot and pick things up for fun and I'm like "neat I am larger and stronger".

>>36122145
>>36122176
thanks homies
>>
>>36119966
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>36122178

That's just a stereotype. I guess you're going to tell me 03s are dumb too, right?

Where are guys with high ASVABs supposed to go? Air Force? Somewhere outside the military?
>>
>>36122316

Thanks bro. Saved.
>>
>>36119519
Its called salt peter and it prevents boners in bootcamp.

And the marine corps will not test for roids unless they know you are on them. The test is expensive and if you fail you pay for it. If you pass the corps has to pay for it, theyhave a really small budget so you can juice in the marines
>>
>>36119598
Eeeeeeeehhhhhh I'll bite

Your a dumb faggot and narrow minded being a marine was great. I'm just guessing your girlfriend cucked you with a marine or you were too afraid to do anything fun with your life.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 300x168
>Why are Marines so degenerate?

Fixed that for you. They would shit themselves if they went up against a legit military.
>>
>>36122630
you probably shouldn't have posted the picture, it really doesn't strengthen your argument.
>>
>>36122660
guy was obv on deployment

makes him worth a lot more than you by just the simple fact that he's willingly, and wantingly gone into combat to fuck up some grape farmers' lives
>>
>>36119178
Post picd
>>
>>36119405
did you get reverse-jody'd? poor cunt
>>
>>36119405
How did so many people fall for this retarded ass bait, holy fuck
>>
Navy nuke here

All the Marines on my ship are assholes

Think that they are above everyone else

They even called me and my m8s nerds because we all scored 90+ on the asvab and spent years in A school

They are a bunch of children in adult bodies

Don't be like a marine

Don't join the Marines

Everyone hates them

>cuts in line for food when people wait for a while hour
>a deckie mentions that to then
>find gets in his face and callls him a faggot and acts tough
>CO comes by and tells deckie to cool off and let him be since they don't want a fight

Ya fuck en
>>
They get steroids from the army if they choose to even in Belgium.
>>
>>36119164
are you fucking kidding me, brah

if you're a grunt on deployment, i'm talking about actually deployed to a hot zone, you're not eating meals on time and working out inbetween patrols. you're sweating, stressing and losing a fuckton of weight as you drink hot water and eat shitty MRE's
>>
>>36122793
> They even called me and my m8s nerds because we all scored 90+ on the asvab and spent years in A school

Please don't let this be true...
>>
>>36119139
Fobbits.
>>
File: 1455642951204.jpg (37 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1455642951204.jpg
37 KB, 540x960
>>36122178
>>
Ruck runs, hella pull ups, lifting all the time, chicken and rice for almost every meal at the chow hall(unfortunately)
>>
>>36119622
No the consistent stress of recruit training literally destroys any libido you might have
>>
>>36122793
>"I'm in the navy so this is my boat do what I say"

How about you run for more than 2 miles every once in a while and then I'll respect you
>>
>>36122658
aren't pic related brownshirt paramilitaries ie random street fighting thugs?
>>
>>36123085
>thinks anyone wants to respect a marine
>all they do is make a huge ass messaffer eating and expects other people to clean it up
>goes into another branches ship
>doesn't follow the rules of said base
>when someone speaks up, the Marines just make fun of their running ability

Ya fuck off

I sit in a cramped dark room with a reactor 10 feet away for 14 hours a day. If I fuck up one little thing the ship could blow up.

>not sucking the nuke's dick

Fuck off
>>
>>36119139
Marines = Manlettes
>>
>>36122150
Ah yeah. Just what people thousands of miles away from home want to do, be more alone. Also I'd never bring a computer on deployment. Sand gets in literally everything.
>>
>>36119911
>Except for when we are explicitly attacked by a terrorist organization within that country

>post ends in 911

Well played america
>>
File: 1451540370496.png (246 KB, 1136x717) Image search: [Google]
1451540370496.png
246 KB, 1136x717
>>36122721
>>36122706
>>36121944
>>36121864
>>36121782
>>36121348
>>36120254
>>36119868
>>36119435
/fit/ is just completely unable to fathom that women may have different tastes in men

no, getting swole will not make you instantly desirable to every woman on earth
>>
>>36122117
Are you natty?
>>
I read somewhere to be in the marines you need to be able to do 4 pull-ups

Doesnt seem that impressive
>>
By not eating or sleeping for indefinite periods of time while on combat duty.
>>
>>36123346
women having taste =/= this guy's ridiculous, reality-disjointed rant about class and fedoras
>>
>>36119139
yo share the tumblr blog u got that pic off yeah
>>
>>36123614
Minimum requirements are a joke, but I think they're changing.

You wanna get in shape like a marine? Jump in the air and land directly on your knees over and over. Once they're ruined, fall backwards and try and have your lower back slam into something solid and angled 90 degrees. Now drink every beer you can find. Now carry a bunch of shit WAAAAAAY over there. Now don't eat much for a month but do a lot of stuff.

Now that you're tired dirty and skinny clean your gun before you eat or sleep. After this step, congratulations you did it.

Thats the grunt routine tho. If you wanna get in POG shape, do a lot of roids and go to the gym 3 times a day because you're an office jockey or mechanic of some sort, you've got the time and the uninterrupted schedule to do it. Then go fuck yourself because why even be a Marine if you aren't gonna fight?
>>
>>36119978
The Taliban was the Afghani army at the time.
>>
The best only people that get jacked on deployment are the fatties because they were big to begin, or the guys who didn't really do anything, mostly everyone else looks like a hungry skeleton and loses all gains when they get back, it's hard as fuck to hold on to any weight when youre constantly patrolling and running around with all that gear and the heat, even during the cold ass winters you would swear your ass off. That's deployment anyway if you're grunt, garrison there's not much to do other than workout plus it's kind of a requirement
>>
>>36119139
deployed 2 times to kandahar and everytime i did steroids...overseas depending on your unit they dont test they might even supply for you
>>
>>36123142
Not sure, but you could be wrong.
>>
>>36121918
My granduncle was in SS. They werent no superhuman. Shells and bullets still went through their bones and meat. Only workout you get was climbing over the trench. Those pyhsical requirments isnt something you admire. The will and mind was the stronger part. I even rember a story when wouded artillery spotter called artillery on himself when his trench got overrun.
>>
>>36125400
>Artillery line behind the artillery line
Was it like this up to Berlin?
>>
>>36125609
No it was somewhere in the northen russia or baltics I cant rember the battles name but it involved a lot of trenches and bunkers even more bombardment. That is most remarkable about it to die in some good for nothing hellhole by your own artillery, doing something heroic but at the same time being nameless and forever forgotten not even getting a grave with your name.
>>
>>36122150
>implying you're a database administrator
>implying you're a software engineer
>>
>>36123742

Yeah who the fuck needs support personnel for the single most support intensive army corp in the history of civilization
>>
>>36119405
>all these repliers not realizing that this is cheap b8
>>
>>36122793

>scored 98 on asvab
>go open contract because I just wanna Marine
>become COMBAT CORRESPONDENT (think Joker in Full Metal Jacket)
>end up at base unit, never deployed or go to field
>laid back as fuck, as in admin fuck jelly of the low reg
>just wanna eas and smoke weed

Don't know where I was going, cause drunk. POG4Lyfe
>>
>>36122117
mirin' the shoulders
>>
>>36119139
Lots of marines roid. A blind eye is turned to it though as long as it doesn't affect their duties.
>>
>>36126835
>Yeah who the fuck needs support personnel for the single most support intensive army corp in the history of civilization

The Air Force?
>>
File: 1448599050763.png (587 KB, 625x918) Image search: [Google]
1448599050763.png
587 KB, 625x918
>>36121918
I guess all those Muslim SS divisions in the Balkans were the most elite specimens Germany had to offer too huh?

You should read a book and go back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>36123214

Don't even other sailors dislike the nukes?

Which are you? Electrician, Machinist, or w/e the third is.

How bad was that 2 years of schooling? I was interested in it but at almost 25, I am not sure if it is worth the 6 year commitment?
>>
File: 74a.png (140 KB, 1077x964) Image search: [Google]
74a.png
140 KB, 1077x964
>>36119405
>>
>>36122658
Marines fought the Nazis already and won.

How fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>36130225
>Marines fought the Nazis already and won.

Uhh no they didn't. Marines were in the Pacific theater, I think their role in Europe was very limited.
>>
File: ISIS get's a new sponser.jpg (296 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
ISIS get's a new sponser.jpg
296 KB, 576x1024
>>36123742

Somebody is mad because the LT wants to run 5 miles for morning PT again.

Condolences for the perpetually butthurt 0311, for they will always be shafted left and right by everyone in their chain of command.
>>
>>36119139
I am certain these are all pogues (ie non-infantry). If you're in the infantry, you sure as shit don't have any gym equipment on your deployment (or if somehow you do, you're probably too tired from the constant patrols and watch to rest properly. Plus the nutrition you get is shit on a deployment.

>Any 03s agree with me on this?
>>
>>36131972

The guys behind the Terminal Boots series are all 03s, have been so for about 2.5 years and they look pretty jacked to me, especially LCpl Jewett.
>>
>>36132015

The original pic is obviously from a deployment. I should have clarified by saying that if you're relatively jacked on a deployment, you're probably a pogue. I'm not saying if you're an 03 you can't get jacked stateside.

The terminal boots have never deployed, correct? Also, no coincidence that the shortest guy is the most jacked...wheree's he checking in at, around 5'7?
>>
>>36132057
>The terminal boots have never deployed, correct?

I think so, I think that's why they call themselves "terminal boots". Apparently in the minds of some you're still a boot until you deploy, or even until you see combat, and they never deployed and likely never will, hence "terminal boots".
>>
Had a buddy in Afghanistan (the quiet part)
He said that apart from the occasional patrol, all they did was lift, play vidya and eat gourmet food from the military chef
>>
>>36133100

How can people hate this job????
>>
>>36133298
For every "we didn't do shit out there man" marine there's a "we got shot at everyday and almost died" marine.
>>
>>36133388

I thought that's what they wanted, to "get some". I thought what they complained about was day to day monotony, getting fucked by superiors, NJPs, no chance of promotion beyond E3, and being tasked to police the parking lot or detail the barracks or fill sandbags with a plastic teaspoon or whatever.
>>
>>36122903
this

that being said, plenty of grunts are on something.

our weapons platoons where notorious for being jacked during work ups, or on the gay ass UDPs, Almost everyone in them has used prohormones, and plenty are on gear.

Source: I was in a weapons platoon.
>>
>>36129383
>After the war members of Baltic Waffen-SS Units were considered separate and distinct in purpose, ideology and activities from the German SS by the Western Allies. Subsequently in the spring of 1946, out of the ranks of Baltic conscripts who had surrendered to the Western allies in the previous year, a total of nine companies were formed with a mission to guard the external perimeter of the Nuremberg International Tribunal courthouse and the various depots and residences of US officers and prosecutors connected with the trial. The men were also entrusted with guarding the accused Nazi war criminals held in prison during the trial up until the day of execution.[69][70]
>separate and distinct in purpose, ideology and activities from the German SS
>>
>>36133569
You guys still gotta hike and shit though. Try a weapons company. Errbody roidin.
>>
>>36133741
weapons company hikes too bruh, i was in an 81s platoon.

Feel bad for the CAAT guys who get stuck hiking, MK. 19 sucks to carry.

but yeah, roids happen
>>
>>36133761
Huh, I'm CAAT and wpns co gets out of everything in my bn. Sometimes 81s and snipers gotta hike, but CAAT always just drives everywhere then our workup hikes are like 20lb packs.

However, last ITX our retard BC decided that since the saber is an infantry weapon system it meant we could hike it. So we did a 12 mile movement with a whole saber system.

Ever picked up a TU? That shit was not fun.
>>
>>36133434
Everyone wants to see action until bullets start flying at them. There is a large difference between those who have been in combat and those who haven't.
>>
>>36123563
Protein, creatine, glutamine
>>36128954
thank you anon
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.