[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw a week into keto holy shit. I was blind, but now I see.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: 1365224306152.gif (110 KB, 482x359) Image search: [Google]
1365224306152.gif
110 KB, 482x359
>tfw a week into keto

holy shit. I was blind, but now I see. I feel slightly high all the time, I have insane mental clarity and my depression and anxiety is almost completely gone.
>>
I guess it really is a cult.
>>
>>36117172
I AM GETTING ON THIS SHIT RIGHT FUCKING NOW
>>
>>36117201
it's real though
>>
I was thinking about doing keto when i start my cut in a few weeks. Good idea or no?
>>
Same shit started happening when I started taking fish oil every day anon, its crazy what getting into bodybuilding will do for you
>>
>>36117172

I did keto and felt just like that the 1st week.
Then my workouts started to suffer so much I couldn't take it anymore
>>
Dude when I drink a protein shake after my workout I immediately start feeling recovery like my muscles just stop being sore and I get euphoric, but it ONLY works if I chug the whole thing within 5 minutes after my last set
>>
>>36117253
It's a reddit diet that appeals primarily to obeasts. If you think a fucking majority fat macro split is a good idea than go for it. I'll stick with a protein heavy cut. That way my dick won't fall off.

You're gonna end up counting calories anyway. Otherwise it won't work. You can't eat bacon all day and lose weight you simpletons.

You fucking fat people wouldn't disgust me so much if you would just stop looking for shortcuts and magical diets and instead learned how to eat like fucking adults.
>>
>>36117285
ur retarded
>>
>>36117320
u're*
>>
>>36117320
ur thread is retarded
>>
>>36117303
I'm not fat though. Carbs just make me feel like shit
>>
>>36117320
>taking the bait
>>
>>36117330
*your'are
>>
>>36117172
I'm trying keto next month, i stopped eating bread today at least.
>>
>>36117239
laughing so hard
>>
Keep insulin low, lose more body fat=more results on a cut, assuming you are eating the same calories either way.

Why not carb cycle with a keto diet?
>>
>>36117303
Spot the simpleton who's never tried keto because someone on the Internet told him it was dumb and he obeys broscience like it's the bible.

I ate carbs my entire life, when I was pushing 300, after dropping to 165, and back up to 190 (the right way obv). After trying keto and seeing how much better I felt when I wasn't eating carbs, I honestly don't want to go back, but the fact is, carbs are way better at restoring muscle glucose than pretty much anything else.

I've played with the idea of bulking while in ketosis, but I honestly don't think it'll be nearly as efficient as bulking with a standard diet, and I hate wasting my time.

TLDR: Don't knock it till you try it. And I mean full ketosis, not get to the "omg this sucks I have no energy" stage and call it quits.
>>
>>36117697
I know some people have carb refeeds every two weeks or so, but I've never bought into that. I cut as fast as possible with a pretty high deficit, and I just see carb refeeds as lost time.

> inb4 wtf dyel moderate deficit preserves muscle mass

No it doesn't, unless you're sub like 8% bf which let's face it, is like 2% of the population of fit at best.
>>
>>36117303

>You're gonna end up counting calories anyway. Otherwise it won't work. You can't eat bacon all day and lose weight you simpletons.

I think a big part of the reason keto "works" for so many people is the foods you eat on it are so much more filling than the usual carb dense food most people eat. It's actually really hard to go over your calories for the day when everything you are eating is super filling like steak, bacon, eggs, ect. The only real potential pitfall food is nuts.
>>
>>36117697
Show me one published study that shows that a keto diet burns >7% more fat than a base diet group.

>Go on I dare you

The fact is that keto does help you burn more fat than a regular carb based diet.

HOWEVER, it's by such a small amount it just literally isn't worth the work of cutting out carbs.
>>
>>36117864
>bacon

Eating bacon on a cut
>you disgust me
>>
>>36117798
I don't even understand what you're supposed to be saying. You used conventional nutritional wisdom to drop down from 300 to 160. But for some reason keto is the bees knees because of some placebo effect. Then you go on to shit all over Keto for practical reasons that even you can't deny.

Wow. I'm so moved from my skepticism. If I ever want to learn how to become morbidly obese I'll ask for your advice. That's the only thing you've probably ever done with your life that I haven't.
>>
>>36117866
>stop eating bread/sweet potatoes/rice
>add some oil to everything

Fuck that was hard guys let's not do it.
>>
>>36117172
>he fell for the meme diet
>cutting out carbs
>the brains literal food
>eating cholesterol daily
>wanting to get heart disease, cancer, diabetes

Yeah. You have insane mental clarity because you're one foot in the grave and your body is doing everything it can to survive.
>>
>>36117906
I bet you do crossfit too
>>
>>36117909
>dietary cholesterol is bad
>fat causes heart disease

Either you're from 1990 and haven't brushed up on current events, or your a moron. Either way you'll be right at home on /fit/.
>>
>>36117968
>Puts butter in his coffee in the morning
>has the nerve to call other people stupid

Fat people everyone.
>>
>>36117902
I guess I'll dumb it down a little. After eating carbs my whole life, doing keto made me realize how shifty carbs were making me feel. If you need a response less words or a picture let me know, I think I can manage it
>>
>>36117986
>thinks anyone actually believed that's a good idea
>can't actually contribute anything to the topic
Keep on keepin on /fit/
>>
>>36118050
Doesn't matter. Natural selection is a real thing and it targets weak stupid people like you. Enjoy your heart disease lad.
>>
>>36118036
Oh I'm sorry. Because when you said "the right way" I assumed you meant the way that every single nutritionist and doctor would have recommended. You know. By not completely cutting out an entire macronutrient from your diet permanently.

But no. The right way is to intentionally induce ketosis. My bad. Congrats on the skin flaps you disgusting freak.
>>
>>36118089
>I can't make valid point so I'm gonna try to insult you

The fact that you believe carbs are a necessity to our diet shows how ignorant you are. And for the record, any time you dial back on carbs (like when you cut), you produce ketones, IE. Induce ketosis. Please say I'm wrong so people know how dumb you are.
>>
>>36118085
You would have been one of those people back in the day who believed the world was flat. Actually, you probably sill think it's flat don't you. I have some crystals in my closet that can cure cancer, even though modern science says otherwise, let me know if you ever need them they'll work because I believe they do, trust me.
>>
>>36118190
Yeah we get it. Your religion states that carbs are the devil. Have fun with that you tubby bitch. I'm going to continue being fit and eating spaghetti at the same time.

Shit feels p fucking cash tbqh familia. Enjoy your pretend high or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>36118089
"The right way" as in lifting/bulking you mong.
>>
>>36118229
Says the guy on the fad diet.
>>
>>36117172
To any skeptics I say try it out. Everybody reacts differently. Honestly the whole calorie in vs calorie out thing is bs. Eat 2000 calories of twinkies and then eat 2000 calories of chicken and brocolli and tell me with confidence that you will look and feel the same.
>>
>>36118238
Obligatory post your "fit" pic, or gtfo with your weak ass posts.
>>
>>36118255
bait or retard
>>
>>36118269
I'm already gone bro. Don't worry though. I look however you want to imagine I do.
>>
>>36118251
It's a "fad" diet as much as lifting weights is a fad. Except it's been around longer.
>>
>>36118284
Like the average /fit/, chubby with sick fatceps. Honestly it doesn't have any impact on me, I just like people to have real proof/testimony when they diarrhea from their mouth, and pretty much all these threads go to shit with broscience basement dwellers like you
>>
Ketofags BTFO
http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-norton-the-most-effective-cutting-diet.html

>Since glycogen levels are low on a ketogenic diet, the body will actually convert amino acids to glucose and this glucose will be used in the anaerobic pathway to produce ATP. These amino acids will come from dietary protein, amino acids from the cellular amino acid pool, and from muscle tissue. The latter situation is where one would experience muscle loss. Dietary protein would be sacrificed for ATP production and the depleted amino acid pool would not bode well for protein synthesis rates, thus causing a net loss in muscle mass.
>>
>>36118371
>thinking bb contest-level diet advice if valid for 99% of the population

You're a special kind of stupid aren't you.
>>
File: tumblr_n4dyacXlPn1twrq37o1_500.jpg (34 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4dyacXlPn1twrq37o1_500.jpg
34 KB, 500x364
>>36118436
>thinking keto is valid for 99% of the population
>>
>>36118480
And why isn't it?
>inb4 it's hard QQ
>>
>>36118496
Because 99% of the population doesn't have autism
>>
Thinking about trying keto diet for epilepsy. Suggestions/examples of a meal plan for one day?
>>
>>36118529
you made a statement. now you should provide evidence for it
>>
>>36117258
I'm tossing keto in my cut . Never stay on a cut diet for longer then a month tho.

I see people talk about cut diets like they found " the one diet." The fact is you use different diets for different parts of your fitness goals. Starting in keto is gonna make you cut to fast. Starting low carb then carb cycle then keto makes more sense. Slowly over the course of a few months cut the fat down preserving you lean muscle. Recalculating the goal and you make incremental changesas you diet down.

Just my two sense. I know some people go nuts and keto 4 lyfe
>>
>>36121951
Cents**
>>
>>36118371
>When the body has no free carbohydrates available, fat must be broken down into acetyl-CoA in order to get energy. Acetyl-CoA is not being recycled through the citric acid cycle because the citric acid cycle intermediates (mainly oxaloacetate) have been depleted to feed the gluconeogenesis pathway, and the resulting accumulation of acetyl-CoA activates ketogenesis.
>>
>>36117986
some anon said recently he will test keto for 3 months with a caloric surplus and post the results on /fit/, so we might look at some real results

are you here anon? will you deliver?
>>
File: 1351603906185.jpg (34 KB, 396x403) Image search: [Google]
1351603906185.jpg
34 KB, 396x403
>ketosis
>mental clarity
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.