[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ pls help me get my boyfriend into lifting. Before I got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (84 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
84 KB, 800x778
/fit/ pls help me get my boyfriend into lifting.

Before I got my current job and moved by myself I used to workout with him and we would do cardio and lift. After that I couldn't go to his house that often so he stopped. I tried to get him to go to my gym but I don't want to force him into it either. Last weekend I tried to get him to workout at my gym. He went and spent the entire time on his phone while I lifted. I think he's been getting thicker too. Not as energetic as before ect.

What's a way I could convince him to get moving and actually sticking to it?
>>
start injecting him with test and taking blood in his sleep to make sure his levels are in check.
>>
Tell him real men deadlift and squat regularly, and you are looking for a real man.
>>
>>36103847
tell him to stop being a fat little bitch
>>
File: 1455509293504.gif (904 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1455509293504.gif
904 KB, 500x532
I'm so, so, sorry in advance for what is about to happen. Trolls are going to come into the thread and they will be saying some very hurtful things about you. They will call you some very hurtful names. But none of those things are true. How could they possibly know? How could they possibly know how beautiful you really are? How sweet and compassionate you are? I'm so sorry about them, please do not let them hurt you.

>mfw thinking about you hurting

I just want to see you shine and flourish. You are so precious to me. I want to write poetry and sing songs about my love and adoration for you and all of your perfections. My name is Brian, by the way. I know that you're tired of all the assholes and jerks. I know how you feel baby doll. I know. I am different. I am the nicest guy you will ever meet, and if anything I'll be the one in the kitchen. I live in London. Please be in London.
>>
Dump him and date me instead
>>
File: 1448246017365.jpg (109 KB, 250x573) Image search: [Google]
1448246017365.jpg
109 KB, 250x573
>>36103847
Dump that zero and get with a hero girlfriend
>>
File: 1391750118339.gif (358 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1391750118339.gif
358 KB, 960x720
post a pic of your butt OP
>>
>>36103847
Have a noticeably more fit than him guy hit on you right in front of him, have him talk to you about working out and what not.
>>
File: 469.gif (1 MB, 185x171) Image search: [Google]
469.gif
1 MB, 185x171
>>36103847
I don't think I've ever heard of a reliable way to convince someone to go to the gym AND actually stick with it. That kind of dedication has to evolve from some internal fire. Whether it's self-hatred, vanity, inadequacy... motivation comes from within. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

So when you dump him for getting fat and THEN he starts going to the gym, well there you go.
>>
I don't want to make him feel bad about his appearance. I feel like if I tell him he should go to the gym to lose weight he will just getting all butthurt and say I don't find him attractive. Yeah he's kinda really sensitive about everything.

What's a way I could inspire him to do it? I sometimes send him transformation pictures from progress threads on here to see if that pumps him up but nothing.
>>
>>36103986
he sounds like a bitch

tell him he looks like trash and flirt with guys at the gym
>>
>>36103986
> Yeah he's kinda really sensitive about everything.

So basically he's the bitch in the relationship... Better whip out the strapon to find balance in this relation ship again.
>>
>>36103951
It has happened. I cosplay and go to cons and he always comes with me to help me out though he also enjoys the event. Guys that are leaner and fit have hit on me in front of me he just laughs it off.
>>
>>36104013
Of him*
>>
>>36104013
>he just laughs it off.
Or so you think... He's trigger af inside baby gurr, judging by what you've said earlier about him he has a bitch ass personality, and he doesnt lift so he wouldnt really be much of an opponent to any normies out there.

Ditch that faggot
>>
File: 1454905987361.jpg (14 KB, 236x244) Image search: [Google]
1454905987361.jpg
14 KB, 236x244
>>36103986
Can you really not talk to him about it without him getting insecure and butthurt? I mean just flat-out tell the guy that he's getting fat and it's not attractive. Don't pussyfoot with the bastard. He's not a baby.

But then again I can completely imagine him responding by becoming more reclusive towards you and insecure in bed, whining that it's because "you make me feel unattractive" instead of accepting responsibility for BEING unattractive.

I dunno man. You can't help fat people. They have recursive logical loops in their heads that protect them from taking any stance that might lead to ever improving until some serious drastic shit happens.
>>
Try to get him into sports? Maybe he'll enjoy that more than lifting and will continue to do it because he wants to and doesn't feel like he has to

If he gets/stays fat forever, do you think you could continue dating him? If not bite the bullet now and dump him if he doesn't change soon
>>
>>36104038
Yeah he's exactly like this. When we first started having sex he got mad I secure because I couldn't orgasm. He was my first and I wasn't able to really orgasm til I was in my 20's. He would be super sad about it and insecure and tell me that he felt that I thought he was too ugly.

Imagine if I tell him he's getting too fat now.
>>
>>36104080
He's not going to do that unless I go with him. He has zero self initiative. I've tried to get him into martial arts or dancing since we can do it together but he never follows through.

He only does whatever his guy friends tell him is cool or whatever. And his friends are dadbod types too.
>>
File: 1420401657699.jpg (72 KB, 720x602) Image search: [Google]
1420401657699.jpg
72 KB, 720x602
>>36104128
Goddamn how come this guy has a QT GF that lifts when he is such a sensitive fucking bandwagon bitch and I amongst other dedicated people on this board fucking doesnt. Holy shit, quit picking these retards as your breeding mates.
>>
File: 1361497267843.jpg (17 KB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
1361497267843.jpg
17 KB, 400x289
>>36104093
Have you considered the possibility that he's an inferior breed of male that you mistakenly paired up with during a less selective time in your life?

Props for trying to improve him though.
>>
>>36104159
We don't actually know if she's cute.
>>
>>36104128
Does he like to solve problems? You could try rock climbing if so. Can either boulder solo or belay each other
>>
>>36104093
This description is giving me secondhand embarassment for the guy.
>>
>>36103847
>>36103986
>>36104013
>>36104093
>>36104128
Morgan?
>>
You could offer to suck his dick if he goes, I would go with you, without the blowjob, but the best way to man is through his dick.
>>
>>36104159
>>36104168
I guess. I've been dating him since I was in high school. But I'm not really into flirting with guys or the whole dating scene. Plenty of guys hit on me though, but I just get uncomfortable and never know how to reply. I'm not really into dating guys that just hit on me. I'd rather date people I can also be friends with. If I were to break thingso with him I wouldn't know what to do.
>>
File: v5N0CaL.png (363 KB, 1221x884) Image search: [Google]
v5N0CaL.png
363 KB, 1221x884
>>36104093
Holly crap girl, your bf sounds like a faggot
>>
>>36104431
Are you in Michigan or Toronto? You can be my gf :3
>>
>>36104013
>he just laughs it off.
Alpha as fuck. He probably knows you won't dump him because you have self esteem issues
>>
Just have crazy post gym sex after working out. Men are like dogs he will want the sex and work out in turn. After a while he will begin to like lifting unless he is a true low test beta.
>>
>>36103847
Just dump that pathetic spineless sack of shit OP.
>>
>>36103986
>I feel like if I tell him he should go to the gym to lose weight he will just getting all butthurt
jej
>implying you could say that to a woman
>>
>>36103884

4/10
>>
>>36103847
what is actually happening:
>fat woman that thinks she is "curvy" has skinnyfat boyfriend
>goes to the gym 3x a week, still fat
>some more attractive guy hits on her because guys literally fuck plastic vaginas
>girl thinks she is the shit
>now thinks she deserves a shredded hollywood actor because she goes to the gy,
>bf does not give a shit
>girl will keep nagging as long as she has the "I go to the gym"-highground
>>
Guys get comfortable in relationships and let go of themselves, just like chicks.

DESU this is only happening because he already has you on lockdown and doesn't give a shit anymore. You know what will happen when you break up? He'll immediately be back at the gym looking to "tone up" so he's somewhat attractive to women again. I see this all the time at my work gym - guys in LTRs break up or get divorced and all of a sudden they are in the gym every single day. Once they start getting a steady girl again, never see them again -- until it ends badly and then I'll see them back.

Pretty pathetic desu, but makes it easier for those with any semblance of discipline to stand apart.
>>
>>36103884

I don't even read posts with gay as fuck anime pictures anymore
>>
Top kek how everyone tells her to dump him - you faggots really take lifting way too serious.

If he doesn't want to lift and doesn't get horribly out of shape then who cares.

It's a fucking hobby that not everyone persues - try getting a good job and earn solid cash instead.
>>
>>36106305
Incredible anon, you got it all right.

Literally this and anyone who thinks it's different doesn't have an ounce of empathy.
Even if you leave out the her being fat part it's still the exact same mentality.
>>
>>36103847
>"Babe, you've been gaining a beer belly"
>"OMG, [insert random chads name here] has such a nice body"

I think men are easier to convince than women since women can throw insults at men, and not vice versa.
>>
>>36103847
Tell him no sex until 2 pl8 bench
>>
>>36104431
A U S T I N
U
S
T
I
N
>>
>>36103847
get a new bf
>>
>>36106305
Never been fat but I am short. Was in track and field with him when we were in school. We'very always been pretty lean.

>>36106310
You're right. Although I feel like for me I lift for myself instead of others. I wish he would look at it that way since at one point of our relationship he gave me shit for making poor diet choices when I was in high school. I guess a lot of big menyala changes happen for people once they go into their 20's.
>>
>>36106428
I have done this actually. Sometimes when we're watching TV or a movie. He knows the actors I like are pretty lean and ripped and when they would take their shirts off on screen I would comment on it. He just doesn't care lol. I just hope I don't end up with someone who will never move from his desk chair/couch ever to help around or go out ect. Since he's losing energy.
>>
>>36107819
pretend to go off sex then have him accidently catch you shlicking to pictures of jacked dudes
>>
>>36103847
be real with him

he's not some female you have to trick into working out
>>
>>36106441
/thread
>>
>>36107819

Tell him straight no point in being a pussy. Tell him he is becoming less attractive to you.

If he loves you he will get off his slob ass and actually do something
If he does not he will just brush it off like when guys flirt with you

If it is the latter then he knows you are too beta to dump him. Show him you are not. Kick his ass to the kurb and actually try being single you dont have to date some guy straight away
>>
>>36104159

I bet she looks like shit
>>
>>36107798
post body pls

im into short skinny chicks
>>
>>36107798
>Never been fat
even if thats true, which I honestly doubt (nothing against you, but most of the short girls I know have reached chubby status at the 3 semester of their bachelor, with some of them bulking like rich piana), chances are you dont look different because you gym.

girls gain muscle extremely slowly, and you can barely see/notice those muscles at normal bf% unless they are really muscular. not wanting to discourage you, I just want to make sure you understand how he sees this.

Chances are that you really dont look any different (you prabably gain half a pound to a pound of muscle per month), and for that, you take a pretty high moral highground. and you nag an awful lot.

you cant expect your partner to change, you met him as a dyel (track and field team) and he is still dyel, if he does not gain weight, you have no right to criticise him.

TL;DR: you think you transformed into a supermodel while you have not, and you are now unhappy because you think you deserve a shredded hot bf.

otherwise, try to get him to do team sports.
also, you could try to go the health route, as sports decrease the cancer risk (the earlier you start them, the better), the heart attack risk, depression, stress, backpain.....

or, if you want to be mean, force him to the gym and outlift him in a upper body lift. should be possible.

outbench him for maximum effect, it should be very possible if you lift seriously, when I started after doing nosports for a year, I could not do pushups.
>>
File: numale.jpg (439 KB, 1050x1080) Image search: [Google]
numale.jpg
439 KB, 1050x1080
>>36103986
>Yeah he's kinda really sensitive about everything.
Just leave him and never look back
>>
>>36103847
london
>>
I don't want to to seem superficial which is not what this is about. It's more about the fact that he can't do the things he used to. It's even affecting the sex cause he gets tired very quickly. We can't engage in any physical activity because he gets tired. We can't enjoy the things we did before. It's not about how he looks physically but the change in behavior. I know if I tell him exactly what I just wrote he will take it the wrong way cause he always manages to make it about his physical appearance if I say something related to that. That's my dilemma.

>>36108070
I've always been skinny. Adults where I live always made fun of me because in Latin America being a fat kid = healthy. The only weight issue I've had has been being way too skinny which I fixed when i started lifting. I never knew short girls had to be fat at one point in their lives.
>>
>>36103986
>I don't want to make him feel bad about his appearance
You should though.
>>
>>36106482
Austin-bro? Do you go to UT?
>>
>>36110077
Post pic
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.