[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is best for fat loss?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: which is best.png (712 KB, 1360x1324) Image search: [Google]
which is best.png
712 KB, 1360x1324
Which is best for fat loss?
>>
treadmill hands down, but cost for a decent one is a lot, and you can get a decent bike for under $200

just put on one rick & morty and go at decent pace for at least an hour... you'll lose weight fatso
>>
>>36091851
Just go with the one that works best for you. It doesn't really matter as long as you do it.
>>
buy a bike and a stationary thing you can attach it to so you can use it outside and inside
>>
Treadmil or walking outside is best.

The stationary bike/elliptical are gona fuck up your lifts that involve using legs.

I have all 3 of these cardio machines at home btw, so not even biased. Just my own personal experience. I found while cutting to maintain my squats/deadlifts, that walking on treadmil or outside was the best option.
>>
Well, I think bike would be best for 2 reasons- less impact on your joints and you can multitask while you do it.

I always play a game or two of hearthstone on my cell while I'm on the bike. Can't do that on the others. This makes the task more enjoyable and therefore better for burning fat imo.

Just make sure you keep your intensity up.
>>
Swimming.
Is this still a question?
>>
How high maintenance are treadmills? I heard you have to grease/ fix them a lot??
>>
Jumping rope.
Less time-consuming. More efficient. More entertaining. Less expensive.
>>
>>36093911
Pretty high.

I can't go over 5 klm on my treadmill now because I need to readjust the belt but im too lazy. So I just do incline and go at 5.

Any faster and the belt starts to chug n get stuck randomly.
>>
>>36093927

For fuck's sake

im training to join the royal marines, was Gonna buy a treadmill but can't be fucked fixing it
>>
>>36091851
All three get filed under "stationary cardio" and as such are inferior to any number of other exercises like active cardio: plyometrics, real running, real bike-riding, swimming, tennis, lifting, etc., etc.

It's like asking which is best to build muscle then posting two weight machines and a bowflex when the answer is obviously free weights.
>>
>>36091863
Rick and Morty is like 20 mins long you'd have to watch a few
>>
>>36093945

a good one won't screw up, you get what you pay for
>>
>>36091851
swimming.
>>
>>36091851
Fork putdowns
>>
>>36091851
Treadmill with an incline for an hour at a maintainable speed.
>>
>>36092534
Gotta pedal faster when your opponent plays Nozdormu
>>
Rowing machine
>>
Why the fuck are people saying treadmill? It's literally one of the easiest exercises to develop muscles and endurance for and thus be awful for fat loss.

Rowing activates abs, obliques, traps, biceps, triceps and most of the leg muscles and can be adjusted to target different parts of the body in ways the others simply can't.

Rowing > Treadmill > Cycling

All of these top out eventually, but rowing is by far the steepest curve and far better both long and short term.
>>
I'm surprised to see how low cycling is being ranked in this thread. I'm looking to add in some cardio myself and was heavily leaning toward a spinning bike. Part of my thinking was that I'm much more likely to transition to cycling at some point than I am to jogging. Is cycling really that inefficient at fat burn compared to jogging?
>>
File: olympic-barbell-power-cleans.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
olympic-barbell-power-cleans.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
>>
>>36094259
Inside Kek
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 604x483) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 604x483
>>36091851

Fat loss is all diet. Let's say you do 300 calories of cardio a day, wouldn't it be easier to just put down the cheeseburger?

That said, I think the treadmill is the best. I tend to do walking at around 3.5 MPH while watching stuff on my iPad.

Treadmills are easier to move and fold up if you need to share floor space for other exercises.
>>
>>36091851
If you are really heavy, go for the bike or step machine so you don't pound your joints to shit, otherwise go for the treadmill.
>>
>>36095058
>ninjas would use shitty wooden sticks for fighting instead of this baby
>>
>>36094943
a machine that isolates your legs and was made to move a greater distance with less energy and time needed

don't get me wrong I absolutely love my bike but it's really not that good for weightloss
>>
>>36096163
If you have a real bike it can be unbeatable for weight loss. It might not burn as many calories per hour but you can do it much longer than you can run. When I was a fat DYEL I started biking 3 hours a day and cleaned up my diet and I lost 50 pounds in 3 months
>>
>>36091851
they all burn kcal the same rate but eliptical is better for fatties so they dont fuck their joints and have less perceived work during the workout
>>
>>36091851
Diet.
>>
>Cardio
>Fat loss
kekekekekek
>>
>>36096385
You have a point there but how many people have the time to actually bike 3 hours a day? If I had to chose between running for an hour or biking for three it's running
>>
Best way to lose weight is to do high levels of aerobic exersise. Keeping your heart rate which envovle keeping your heart rate in the aerobic heart rate zone..

http://www.active.com/fitness/articles/how-to-calculate-your-training-heart-rate-zones

Find your heart rate zone and begin getting busy..
>>
File: bestcardio.jpg (8 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
bestcardio.jpg
8 KB, 203x248
AirDyne master race reporting in.

>Resistance automatically adjusted to your output
>No skill requirement
>Low impact
>Full body involvement

Why aren't you fools using this godtier cardio device yet?
>>
File: black_profile.jpg (53 KB, 819x480) Image search: [Google]
black_profile.jpg
53 KB, 819x480
>>36097078
real GOAT coming through
>>
>>36092220
How do they fuckup lifts?
>>
>>36097308
I assume he means by not allowing the leg muscles to rest enough so they haven't fully recovered by the next time you try to lift resulting in reduced power output.
>>
>>36096163
The leg isolation was a given, but I hadn't considered the point you made about cycles being designed to be more efficient than walking/running. Point taken.
>>
File: surgery table.jpg (34 KB, 443x285) Image search: [Google]
surgery table.jpg
34 KB, 443x285
>>36097188
I have one of those. Incredibly addictive. Love it. Spend at least 30 minutes a day on it.
>>
>>36091851

none of the above

a caloric deficit is
>>
Run outside you dumb cunt. Only pussies and old women use machines
>>
File: recumbent-exercise-bike.jpg (325 KB, 1656x1967) Image search: [Google]
recumbent-exercise-bike.jpg
325 KB, 1656x1967
COME ON GUYS! DO NOT, NOT DO THE CARDIO! YOU CAN'T NEGLECT THAT SHIT YOU KNOW?
>>
File: 1283128009270.jpg (12 KB, 281x236) Image search: [Google]
1283128009270.jpg
12 KB, 281x236
>>36097188

>tfw rowed a couple years in college
>loathed erging then
>been years since I've been on one
>miss it like crazy
>>
>>36097436
>Assisted jumping jacks
>>
>>36093945
go run outside? especially if your training to join the royal marines
>>
just get a jump rope tbqph senpai
>>
>>36094838
THIS
maybe add in swimming if you can't be fucked learning the proper technique for the rower
>>
>>36097188

Got myself one a half year ago, averaging at 5kms/day. Feels good man
>>
>>36093945
Treadmill does a fair bit of the work for you. It's good for upping your cadence tho.
>>
>>36094943
Cycling is great and others itt are just idiots. If you think it's easier than another exercise like jogging or running obviously just cycle faster.

It puts more consistent pressure on the heart. With something like rowing most of the time you're in the recovery phase, the actual work in the pull is very brief. With running something similar happens just less extreme, a good chunk of the time neither leg is in contact with the ground pushing you forward and doing work. With cycling pretty much as one leg stops working the other starts. You can even pull with the leg too if you use straps and clips though it's not efficient. Anyway, it's good for heart rate and I guess that's why.

You can also get big ol chunky t-rex legs and calves if you cycle hard enough. And while it does isolate the legs more than other cardio you still use muscles in your torso and arms.
>>
I feel like a lot of people here only talking about the options op has given. Is there anything else to lose body fat? Or are rowing/treadmill simply the best options?

>be me 1,83m (6') and weigh 71kg (157lbs)
>working out but no real progress in terms of appearance
>way too much body fat even though I was never fat and am basically even underweight for my height

Need help brehs. Want to lose that body fat
>>
>>36092630
where i can put a damn olympic pool in my house you fucking retarded faggot
>>
File: 1433007898628.png (306 KB, 713x726) Image search: [Google]
1433007898628.png
306 KB, 713x726
Burpees 100 before your workouts for every workout
>link very related
do these with strick form at sets of 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxQT-wZdP28
>pic unrelated
>>
Treadmills are a placebo
>>
>>36100423
Work on that agoraphobia bro. Then go to the beach or pool or something
>>
>>36091863
Nah just go at it hard and burn 10cals a minute
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.