[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me >be 23 >Diabetes runs in the family on both sides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: 1452302045757.jpg (27 KB, 353x353) Image search: [Google]
1452302045757.jpg
27 KB, 353x353
>Be me
>be 23
>Diabetes runs in the family on both sides
>overweight 2 stages or so beyond skinny fat and weak.
>love two things, lurking and vidya

What sort of physical activity/exercise can I do while playing videogames that would effectively lower the risk of diabetes? I'll eventually start lifting, I just don't want to change my hobbies.
>>
Killing yourself works
>>
>>36074220
DDR
>>
>>36074220

don't be such a pathetic faggot. Just go on a run/bike for 30 minutes and go back to playing video games.
>>
>>36074239
Underrated post.
>>
If you play games like dota or cs do sit ups/ push ups between games, or burpees if your looking for more of a challenge
>>
File: 1455842862198.png (10 KB, 635x773) Image search: [Google]
1455842862198.png
10 KB, 635x773
>>36074239

There are no videogames in hell
>>
>>36074220
>eventually
Just start lifting + cardio right away fatass. It's like you don't even want to make it
>>
There is nothing you can do while playing vidya that will significantly improve your health. Go out for a run, to the gym, swimming, cycling, whatever.
There is no weightloss/diabetes prevention to achieve behind your computer except perhaps starving yourself to a normal weight.

Shit man just do some sports
>>
>diabetes runs in my family
nobody runs in ur family
>>
Nigga just eat less
>>
>>36074295

>There is nothing you can do while sitting at your computer.
>sitting

Why would I need to do that when I have a wireless controller? I could basically do any form of stationary thing that requires leg use right?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 B, 486x500
>>36074303
Came to post this
>>
>>36074320

Diabetes is triggered by inactivity more than food.
>>
>>36074329
Son, enjoy being fat and probably leg-amputated one day as you will certainly not make it.
>>
>>36074220
Just stop eating you fatfuck, diabates is mostly caused by the amount of fat you have.
>>
File: 1453399070271.jpg (119 KB, 750x716) Image search: [Google]
1453399070271.jpg
119 KB, 750x716
>>36074303
>>
>>36074220
Seated calf raises
>>
>I'll eventually start lifting, I just don't want to change my hobbies.
That is the problem right there if you don't start right now you probably never will as you will always find an excuse also don't look at lifting as a chore going into it instead go in with an open mind and it might actually become a hobby of your's rather then a distraction from you're interests which is true in my case even if I have only put together a proper exercise routine in the last 8 weeks
>>
>>36074357

Except my father got it young after like gaining five pounds while being fit prior. It's clearly a result of a chemical imbalance caused by rapid weight gain and inactivity which is why you have shit like obese people who have been fat their entire lives who don't have it.
>>
stationary bike
>>
>>36074389

Because that happens to everyone, All of a sudden being fit is literally a hobbyand then people start obsessing over dieting and staying healthy. Why? Because humans were built to simply live, not to do a bunch of weird shit like office jobs are spending hours playing vidya.

So really all non physical activities are detrimental to health. I'm merely interested in doing the bare minimum needed to maintain health without fucking over the shit I love doing because it involves not being active.
>>
>>36074220
If you are unwilling to make changes in your own life, you will never improve. This is a very simple concept that you don't seem to understand.

You will probably do 15 pushups a day and consider this your valiant crusade towards fitness. When this does nothing to help you, you will lash out, say you never stood a chance in the first place, and bitterly return to the same life as before.

You will resent the people who actually put effort into bettering themselves as, say, genetically gifted, or narcissistic, or no fun. At the same time, you will wonder why happiness doesn't simply float its way into your life, and delve farther into videogame fantasy and escapism to fill the void.

If you want to continue sitting on your monumental ass and wasting away your hours on addiction simulators, by all means continue; but know you did not actually try. You did not do what a strong man does. You did what a weak-willed child does.
>>
>>36074461
>people start obsessing over dieting and staying healthy
How tragic. You belong on reddit. Let that hugbox tell you to love your body and not feel bad about yourself for trying and failing to do the bare minimum.

This board is for men who want to better themselves. It is not for you.
>>
File: antiFatAssCrusade.jpg (15 KB, 450x309) Image search: [Google]
antiFatAssCrusade.jpg
15 KB, 450x309
Under desk pedal machine.

Don't have one so I don't have a brand I can recommend.

Ideally you'd have this and next to it a standing desk over a treadmill. Alternate between every hour. Use one of those ergonomic wall mounted arms to swap your monitor between desks.

Without the standing treadmill desk, definitely go on a half hour walk every day.
>>
>>36074491

It's not about changing it's about prevention, I play games because I love them. I merely wish to come up with ways to lessen the potential damage to my health, which I know is possible.

It is an inactivity, not a poison yet you're treating it as such. You are blatantly telling me the only answer is to completely change my hobbies and pursue the exact same shit you did because you assume I have all the problems you did prior to becoming fit.

>>36074566

I asked a question regarding health, not self improvement. I should have known coming to /fit/ would result in people going straight for the extreme "improve yourself brah" meme. I asked one simple thing, How do I do what I love to do without it killing me? But you go straight for the "making it brah, get ripped fuck bitches YOLO" meming.
>>
>>36074688
What you love to do is exactly what IS killing you. If someone came here to tell us he was smoking two packs a day and wanted to have healthy lungs without changing that, he would be laughed out of the board. I am truly sorry that someone telling you to be healthy is interpreted as "get ripped fuck bitches breh yolo," because it means you're probably beyond helping.
>>
>>36074688
nobody told you to stop playing vidya
you will not achieve anything effective by half assed use of some pedal machine or stationary bike while playing

take an hour of your gaming time and spend it on sports m8
>>
>>36074798

Because that is exactly what people outside of the ones who are giving suggestions are saying.

>>36074836
That's what half these posts are saying though, notice the instant assumption of "sad pathetic life, enjoy your addiction simulators"?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 306x165) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 306x165
>>36074688
>>
>>36074863
You asked for advice and you got it.

Make your choice: health or escapism? Being in shape does not mean you have to go bang club sluts and get a fake tan. It does mean making sacrifices and maturing in how you spend your time.
>>
>>36074929
This right here
>>
>>36074929
No, you don't get it. He wants to know where to find the magical wish granting genies that gave each of us our bodies. Why you gotta hate?
>>
Personally, i set up my whole computer rig in a closet and then put a chin up bar on the door frame. Whenever I would die in csgo or some shit like that I would do some exercises with it. Also, i always kept jars of peanut butter on my desk to eat from.

it actually worked decently, gave me the arms/ab/shoulder strength neccesary to go into gym after six months and not look like noob (except lower body lol)
>>
>>36074239
S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E
>>
File: 1455266797904.jpg (11 KB, 155x167) Image search: [Google]
1455266797904.jpg
11 KB, 155x167
>>36074965

>Implying I envy your bodies
>Implying I want to be you

I should have made this thread on /v/, never ask an on topic board a question regarding it's home topic or else you'll get meme'd on.
>>
None
>>
File: body weight squat illistration.jpg (44 KB, 550x500) Image search: [Google]
body weight squat illistration.jpg
44 KB, 550x500
>>36075063

What about these?
>>
>>36075042
>wants to be healthy
>doesnt want a fit body

if u dont want to be healthy our way the only other option is cardio which you won't be able to do from your computer
>>
>>36074220
no one runs in your family. Fat shit
>>
>>36075042
You're an idiot. You want some sort of esy pill. No one thinks you gotta be ripped to avoid diabetes. You have to be regularly active whether that's jogging playing tennis whatever just go and do it. Quit acting so fucking stupid, and thinking that everyone's judging you and improve and accept advice YOU asked for.
>>
>>36075134
body weight squatting helps flexibility and basic leg strength but it won't do a whole lot for overall health. If health is your priority and you don't want to gain it through rigorous weight lifting you will have to do cardio (bike, run, swim) if u really dont want to leave the house get a treadmill or a jump rope
>>
>>36074220
here u go OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA
>>
Dunno man, just the leg part of jumping jacks while you play?

You could use a phone to lurk between sets while lifting.
>>
>>36074220
>effectively lower the risk of diabetes

change your diet. if you do one thing to prevent diabetes, it's minimising your carb intake on a long term basis. With that done, you'll be losing weight as a bonus.
>>
>>36074220

it's possible to play vidya and work out
>>
>>36074220
OP, do not listen to >>36074491

If you're serious about making life changes I urge you to buy the audiobook The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy and start listening to it right away.

I'm sure you have time in any given day where you do something that allows your ears to be free while your body is busy. You drive to work/school, you take a shit, you eat cereal at the breakfast table in silence. While doing these activities play the book. It changed my life completely with small changes, it could change yours as well.
>>
>>36074220
Every time you're waiting for something, drop and to as many pushups as you can. Maybe try doing some running too.
>>
>>36074220
>I'll eventually start lifting
This is why people fail, if you want to achieve something start today, the people who wait until tomorrow usually have no tomorrow.
>>
>>36074220
Bruh powerwalk on a treadmill while playing... Unless you're a pcfag sorry
>>
>>36074329
Duh.
>>
you know what helps, not having bad food around, its so simple, if you play a lot youll forgot eating for longer periods of time so you only go get something like 3 times a day, on the other hand if you have lots of bad good right infront of you youll eat constantly.
>>
>he can't lose weight and grow an interest of fitness through LISS cardio!
Yes he can you stupid jocks. He wouldn't be anywhere near the first.
>>
>>36077001

This. "Make haste slowly"

>>36074220

Just start. It doesn't have to be perfect. It doesn't have to be 100% - even 10% is infinitely more than zero, neh?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.