[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Experiences after getting /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9
File: chris-pratt-weight-loss.jpg (70 KB, 679x509) Image search: [Google]
chris-pratt-weight-loss.jpg
70 KB, 679x509
These threads are always about "do people treat you differently after you got in shape?" Let's change that slightly: do you treat people differently after you've gotten in shape?
>>
>>36059531

Yah. I'm a girl so even when I was chubby, I got lots of attention from guys. The fitter I got, though, the hotter and better quality the guys who approached me got.

My girlfriends got a little cattier though. They try and make me eat more and stuff when we go out to restaurants and comment on my size A LOT. They tell me I'm too skinny (I'm not, I'm 5'6" and 123 lbs, very healthy and I could even stand to lose a few, i think). I don't mind it too much though, I know they're just jelly.

Also random people treat me way nicer than before. It's almost like having a superpower now. Guys literally seem like they're in a trance when they talk to me. Receptionists and people like that always try and make me laugh. I have waitresses and little old ladies tell me all the time how pretty I am.

I get free stuff all the time now. Like in the most random places. I've gotten room upgrades, student discounts when I'm not a student, free drinks (paid for by the waiter, not a rando). I've had guys pay me and my friend's entire bar tab before even coming up to talk to me. It's pretty cool t b h familia.

Too bad I am still the same weirdo I have always been. I actually brought up the consistency of my cat's shit (she's sick!) to the last guy who flirted with me at the bar. I sperg out if the guy I'm talking to is too attractive.
>>
>>36059700
>posts blog
>doesn't bother two read the two sentences in OPs post

wew lass
>>
>>36059531
You realize you just said the same thing twice right?

Did you mean do people treat you differently when you were trying to get fit?
>>
>>36059728
What?
He asked for how people have treated you differently after getting fit which is what I wrote.
>>
File: image.jpg (207 KB, 1000x509) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207 KB, 1000x509
>>36059700
Honestly i hope the day of the rope comes for all roasties
>>
>Let's change that slightly: do you treat people differently after you've gotten in shape?

WEW
E
W
>>
>>36059751
Oh shit, wait. Fuck. My reading comprehension is not there today, clearly.

To stay on topic: nope. I treat people the exact same as I always have.
>>
>>36059751
No he asked how YOU treat people.
>>
>>36059700
Wow being a woman sure is tough shit

all that free shit must really be hard to deal with
>>
>>36059764
Meant for this tard: >>36059751
>>
>>36059531
U am way more aware of people's eating habits. I find myself going "they said they want to lose weight but then the eat That?" a lot
>>
File: 1443815650659.png (284 KB, 619x939) Image search: [Google]
1443815650659.png
284 KB, 619x939
>>36059531
>Lose weight
>Get /fit/
>gain confidence
>learn to fake friendliness
>become more outgoing
>still feel empty inside
>>
This is my experience, and it comes in three parts:
Part 1:
>lose about 30 lbs between 9th and 10th grade, but that was also the summer that I moved schools (ergo, no one in my new school knew that I used to be chubby)
>become "that fitness kid" talk about the gym, wear tight fitting clothing, etc. even though I still wasn't that big
>people were clearly annoyed by it, and would frequently make under their breath comments about how I basically shoe horned gym life into every conversation
>people treat me like a meathead and don't take me seriously
>the whole time I write it off as "they're jealous because I work hard and am proud of my results"
Part 2:
>realized about my senior year of high school that I was being an insufferable ass about my gym habits, and that people didn't give a shit if I was in their face about it
>realize that people will be impressed on their own if I'm just humble about it and still work hard
>decide to shut up about the gym and get other real hobbies to talk about
>still lift and eat clean, still making steady progress

Cont:
>>
>>36059531
I'm a dick because I'm finally hot enough to get away with it. I have to enjoy it while I can.
>>
>>36059800
Part 3:
>In college now for two years
>Humble, mild mannered guy, don't talk as much
>into music, photography, and start browsing /fa/ on the regular
>get really good grades, contribute a lot in classes
>never mention that I lift unless someone specifically brings the gym up as a conversation
>still working out even harder than I ever was
>now when people notice my body, they're visibly impressed
>get lots of compliments, lots of mires

Moral of the story: When you are an obnoxious meathead, being /fit/ just adds to the stereotype and makes people like you less. When you are a respectable and normal person, with interesting hobbies, being /fit/ will make people like you more.
>>
File: 1343355325125.jpg (39 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1343355325125.jpg
39 KB, 500x333
>>36059700
>brought up the consistency of my cat's shit to last guy who flirted with me at the bar

holy shit anonnete my sides. you go girl
>>
>>36059751
>reading comprehension
>>
>>36059770
This is why we need FEMINISM!
>>
>>36059700
>btw guys i'm a grilllll
>pay attention to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fuck. Off.
Fuck off.

We seriously do not care. We don't care about your day, we don't care about your boyfriend, we don't care about your issues. One thing we certainly don't care about is your fucking opinions. Jesus Christ, why did you make this post? Did it benefit, inform, arouse concern in ANYONE? No. You posted this because you are a solipsistic whore who thinks she matters because guys like her facebook photos. I can hear you just now, you're thinking "but i don't have fa-" SHUT THE FUCK UP. I don't care about your fucking tumblr either. It's a site where you post pictures of yourself for validation, hell it could be /r9k/ for all that matters - you are still an attention whore. The guys that have called you beautiful on omegle have convinced you that you have any kind of worth, guess what: you don't. You're valued for a vagina. That's it. Nothing else. Why you think owning something that 50% of the human population owns makes your opinions worthy of shit is fucking beyond me.

Words cannot describe the utter amount of hatred I have for you. I cannot stand your vapid personality, the way you look so clueless all the time. You are a literal robot who lives for nothing more than getting validation from random guys on the internet i.e. us, and you think we're going to tolerate you parading your fucking boring thoughts on our board? Think again, cunt. Girls like you are the most boring people anyone could ever meet, because you do nothing but talk about some guy you met on here or what was on tumblr or your hair or some song you supposedly like or just SOME OTHER SHIT WE DON'T CARE ABOUT. Fuck you. You have the audacity to expect us to care when you never provide any interesting discourse or state something interesting, you literally just consume and regurgitate SHIT. We whole heartedly despise you, and you should never forget that.
>>
>>36060010
Is this pasta?

I mean I agree with it but fedoras across the world all tipped in unison.
>>
File: 1453960326815.jpg (55 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
1453960326815.jpg
55 KB, 500x454
Uhhh i fucked my buddies gf a few times last year

Guess im a chad cunt now

No ragrets
>>
>>36060035
I remember when fedoras were about whiteknighting and atheism
>>
>>36060041
No one man can stop the evolution of the fedora; it has a way of its own.
>>
>>36059800
>>36059846
Fuck I just realized I read the thing wrong, my bad. Let me answer OP's original question:

When I first got fit I tried to be "mr. Inspirational" and basically was just telling everyone how they could improve their lives (which at the time I didn't realize was very condescending and very backhanded to a lot of people).

Now I am actually a lot nicer/more polite/friendlier to people, because getting fit really turned me into a happy person, and I have no more reason to be bitter/mad at the world.
>>
File: 1447538537805.png (23 KB, 191x288) Image search: [Google]
1447538537805.png
23 KB, 191x288
>>36059800
>>36059846
>>36060060
This shows that both men and women are stupid fuck's who can't read. A meteor should just crash and end our whole species desu.
>>
Down from 292 to 230. A lot of people at work are showing me more respect and talking to me on a 'real' level.

I'm not sure how much of that is their opinion of me now or how much of that is my own confidence. Regardless, I enjoy what goes with it.
>>
>>36060093
To be fair though, he did actually answer OPs question correctly in this post: >>36059846

>Moral of the story: When you are an obnoxious meathead, being /fit/ just adds to the stereotype and makes people like you less. When you are a respectable and normal person, with interesting hobbies, being /fit/ will make people like you more.

The first chick didn't even graze understanding OPs question off the bat.
>>
>>36060005
Ugly women need feminism
>>
I treat fat people with a lot of resentment, i hate them mainly because i know they can not be fat but instead they choose to treat themselves like shit.

I've found that i judge people a lot more now that i'm /fit/ i watch what they eat and how the act. It's gotten so bad that i can hate someone from just being around them for 10 minutes (though this only happens if they're slobs).

I'd say it's made me a cynical hateful person i treat people i see as "unfit" poorly, i respond with short answers yet am more amicable in general it's quite strange.
>>
>>36059731
Your reading comprehension must be shit today
>>
>>36060124
Fuck em, who cares? Ugly beta men don't get anything for free either. Mens rights activists are just as stupid.
>>
>>36060129
>be fit
>see fat person
>instead of feeling like you have done something good you decide to feel mad about failures

You are just as bad anon, sorry.
>>
>>36060129
I don't hate fat people unless they are into the fat acceptance thing. I just feel superior to them.
>>
>>36060163

Eh, i know. I really shouldn't concern myself with the bodies of others except for [spoiler]My girlfriends body[/spoiler]

But i can't help it, i know how much they hate themselves but then they blame everything in the world except themselves, they never take accountability for their actions but then they bitch and moan and call others who are fit "Anorexic". It's left a bad taste in my mouth and now i just judge em.

>>36060186

I'm generally the same, some of my mates are overweight and i don't care, but like i said above i've normally dealt with the fuckers who use every excuse under the sun as to why they're fat .
>>
>>36060152
They have some valid points unlike most modern feminists.but yeah they're mostly fedoras,arent they ?
>>
>>36060010
This is pasta right? I mean she was responding to the thread... So? Wut?
If it is pasta sorry I don't keep up to date on all your sick ass memes
>>
>>36060038
Wow you're not a friend at all.
You're a bad person.
>>
>>36060010
dude, even if it's pasta, you're just fucking stupid. Bet you're voting for Trump
cheer up faggot
>>
I do. I used to be skelly. Now I'm turbo manlet and I can't stand seeing skellys. I hate my past self so much that it transfers on to them and I can't take them seriously as men. I don't see them as men. Otherwise I still treat everyone well. I think it's important. Fit people are often stereotyped to be dumb and mean and I think it's important to act as much against that stereotype as I can. I never suggest I could hurt somebody, I always resolve conflict through conversation. People are less likely to try and fight me though so it's at least beneficial there. But idk I think I treat people much better now that I'm my old self's goal body.
>>
>>36060010
>>>/r9k/
Jesus fucking christ it's really depressing dudes like you are actually out there.

>>36060205
>MRAs have valid points and aren't just the weakest males complaining that stronger men take all the benefits of life away from them.

WEW
>>
used to be fat, even back then i hated fat people.Now im not fat, and i shittalk fat people, can't be a hypocrite familia
>>
>>36060448
You have to go back.
>>
>>36059700

be glad you were chubby before because the grils that were always hot think this shit happens to everyone and they expect it where ever they go and get frustrated when they dont get it. theyre delusional. its really sad.
>>
>>36059700
You say all that but I know deep down you are in pain baby gurl.

>mfw thinking about you hurting
>>
>>36060412
Well hes not a real friend, more of a drinking buddy

And ive wanted to fuck his gf for YEARS. And he started dating her by stealin her from another one of our buddies. I dont feel bad. Great sex
>>
>>36060519
>My friends act shitty towards one another so I act like shit to them in turn.

Wow, please try my new workout
Finding Real Friends 1xFailure
>>
>>36060519
>my friends are garbage sub humans
LOL IF YA CANT BEAT EM JOIN EM
Justify it however you want, you're a terrible person. At least be man enough to admit you're a bad person.
>>
>>36060557
I do have some real ones bro, like 2 or 3. And id never fuck their gfs.

Aquaintances/drinking buddies with hot gfs better look the fuck out tho
>>
>>36060572
Yes im a bad man, my first post i called myself a cunt. And its workin out great for me desu

Everytime ive been nice and honest in life its fucked me over. Police, girls, friends, jobs

Everytime im a cunt i get away with it and things work out :)
>>
>>36060588
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>36060588
lol keep that attitude, you'll end up alone and friendless with nothing but enemies. You're like the guy who roids but doesn't compete. Taking the easy street and pretending like it doesn't have serious future consequences. Enjoy your terrible future.
>>
>>36060519

I think you're a good friend. Now he knows his bitch is an untrustworthy cunt and you've saved him from having to put up with her.
>>
>>36060640
What is cognitive dissonance?
Other asshat "friend" detected
>>
>>36060640
He also knows the same is true of his friend.
>>
>>36060640
Lol by that logic she's a good girlfriend then, now he knows his friend is untrustworthy. You're a retard lmao.
>>
>>36060466
Is it so ?
I've never really taken a look at their actual goals.I just guessed they were better than feminist.because society indeed favours women over men.

Have you got any mra cringe material I feel like being entertained right now
>>
>>36060622
Stay mad senpai
>>
>>36060687
Nigger what

Ok ok, it's true that woman have a huge social advantage over men, but this is worthless compared to the fact that it is near impossible to be taken seriously as a women in any regard no matter how capable you are.

DON'T GET ME WRONG I am in no way denying that a woman can be a human porcelain doll and be provided for all your life as long as you are attractive, but if you actually want to do something with your life the bias far outweights people being fake nice to you.
>>
>>36060700
That's really your response? I'm not mad. It actually makes me sad that people like you exist. You can't live a happy life like that. Just saying. You can't say you weren't warned. Tears down the road you'll regret the choices you made. I'll be able to look back and know I left people happier and kinder and be happy with what I chose to do with my life.
>>
File: wingman vs hambeast.jpg (63 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
wingman vs hambeast.jpg
63 KB, 500x447
>be me
>20 and in college
>5'11, 220 lbs and out of shape
>decide I'm tired of being a do-nothing slob
>start running and not eating shit diet
>lose 20
>make rugby team
>lose 20 more
>female attention goes up ten-fold
>grills I considered out of my league prior to lifestyle change would now not leave me alone
>feels real good man

That was over 15 years ago. Kept in shape ever since, married 10/10, life is good. Not even sure what motivated me to change. One day something just snapped. Chucked the Doritos in the trash and went outside.
>>
>>36060732
You might be right.maybe they are dolls.sure they are always aecure and taken care of but can't have ambitions of their own cause people treat then like dolls. I really don't know what to really think mate.I'm still naive of this world .being an 18 yr old robot who has just started getting my autism fixed
>>
>ITT: A bunch of fit retards who can't read.

Good job fags.
I treat fat people like shit now that Im fit, FHT are my fucking YLYL.
>>
>>36060622
LOL keep tellin yourself that bud

Karma isnt real
>>
>>36059531
>do you treat people differently after you've gotten in shape?

I didn't until I started browsing /fit/. I judge everyone and constantly compare my posture, form, and how zyzz like they are compared to me.

I also thing everyone has gyno. God damn this place.
>>
>>36060010
you are over reacting man
>>
>>36060622
>>36060946
Gotta agree with the awesome(no offense meant)
Really karma isn't real .he took what he wanted.and you are trying to tell yourself the same old stories to excuse how beta you are .being a good person is good .but I don't think he is a bad person for fucking her
>>
>>36061031
>Awesome
Meant to write asshole.fuck autocorrect
>>
i'm a lot more confident and outgoing than i was, i'm nicer to people because i'm not afraid of them. i mean i've always been nice but i would be anxious and ry to get out of the convo asap. since people are nicer to me to start with it's easier to be nicer to them as well haha

i don't act entitled or rude at all. i'm just more confident. more respectful than most. i like to treat others kindly as i'm attractive now. it can boost their self esteem, being treated well by someone who obviously takes care of themselves. at least when super attractive people were nice to ME when i was fat, i really appreciated it when they noticed me and smiled at me and made conversation (not even in a sexual way)
>>
>>36060833

>cock blocker distraction team

FUUUCK

I got cockblocked hard a few weeks ago
>mardi gras
>at a bar after the parades
>its packed as fuck
>she this milf struggling to get through the crowd
>shes all squished and makes eye contact with me
>I laugh without thinking and she says "Im stuck! lol"
>she comes over to me and starts talking to me
>puts her arms around my waste
>I put my arm on her shoulder
>she moves her hand to my butt
>Im actually going to do it, Im going to have sex with a milf!
>suddenly this girl whos like 16 comes over looking pissed and says "where have you been mom!?"
>stares daggers at me
>they argue while I awkwardly stand there

shit sucked. I have noticed more girls just approaching me whenever I go out now, even though Im DYEL mode still. Maybe theres some sort of confident aura people emit after working out for a while or something
>>
>>36061316
>confident aura people emit after working out for awhile

/fit/ reminds me of /r9k/ more than any board...
>>
File: 1433657151962 (2).png (112 KB, 2032x864) Image search: [Google]
1433657151962 (2).png
112 KB, 2032x864
>>36061343

>he doesnt use meme magic for optimal gains

never gonna make it

praise kek
>>
ive always thought im better than everybody now im more open about it. i hate myself 2bh
>>
>>36060833
>Not even sure what motivated me to change. One day something just snapped. Chucked the Doritos in the trash and went outside.

Same for me. I vaguely remember avoiding mirrors for a few years and then one day I was walking in the city, glanced sideways and saw my reflection in the shop window. Can't say if that was the one thing that broke the camel's back.
>>
>be me 20
>Treat manlets like theyre subhuman
>Sloots easier to talk to
>No longer try to please people
>Kind to my dyel brehs, know eventually theyll make it
>>
after losing 100lbs I don't sympathize with fatsos anymore, get disgusted when I hear them talk about how hard it is to lose weight then they're gorging pizza/soda
>>
>>36061031
Being alpha doesn't mean screwing over your fellow man. If you aren't respected and admired you aren't alpha
>>
File: corey-worthington-house-party.jpg (55 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
corey-worthington-house-party.jpg
55 KB, 620x400
>>36062712
http://therationalmale.com/2011/10/20/alpha/

You can define alpha how you want, but the nature doesn't care.
>>
>>36060010
Assuming this is pasta, but whoever wrote is clearly an overweight aspergers neckbeard.
>>
>>36062740
Alpha in nature means you're the top animal, you lead everyone and make all the decisions.

This doesn't happen to people who trample on their fellow man.

An alpha must command respect of the betas to be a true alpha.
>>
>>36062740
Whatever. I'm a good person and an alpha male. That makes me better than an asshole with a lack of respect or empathy any day of the week.
>>
>>36062773
Exactly what I was saying. If you have no pack, who are you the alpha male of? /fit/?
>>
>>36062740

so your idea of a prime alpha is a 16 year old kid w/ entitlement issues because daddy didnt hit him enough when he was growing up?

forget the fact you're reading theory on alpha/beta males on a website called "da ratiunal mail", but the idea you'd accept the notion a 16 year old is alpha pretty much confirms you're a retard.

thanks.
>>
>>36059700
I'm 5'3" and 124, you probably are too skinny. Most likely just some cardio bony who thinks they're "fit".

Also your friends are shit.
>>
>>36062794
Maybe you're just fat?
>>
>>36059782
Ye.
>>
>>36060010
Well said.
>>
>>36059731
>I'm a pedantic little shit about small details that don't matter
>I get small details that don't matter wrong
>>
>>36059782
same
but this is way better than it was before
>>
>>36059531
I treat the fat like shit now
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.