[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone help out a fatass here, I don't understand something.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: Are_you_serious.jpg (164 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Are_you_serious.jpg
164 KB, 1920x1080
Someone help out a fatass here, I don't understand something.

So I'm 6'3 and I weigh 316 pounds. I've been maintaining a diet roughly 2200 calories daily. I do not drink any sugary drinks or processed foods.

I've been hitting the gym every day for roughly 10 days now mainly just doing cardio (In b4 Go lift bruh, that's not what I'm looking for ) @ 4 MPH with a 1 inch incline for 1 hour straight. The thing is I'm not losing any weight. My weight has stayed at 316 for the past week and a half. What the fuck is going on? Genetics at it's finest or some shit? I feel I should've at least dropped 1-3 pounds by now.

Or is this whole " Go do cardio bruh, you'll lose weight" just a fucking meme.

Before someone says Hurrrr durrr you are measuring food incorrectly hurr durrrr a tub of ice cream isn't 10 calories. I've been counting pretty god damn well imo. I'm limited to my college foods but this isn't making sense to me. I feel hungry as shit, but my weight is staying the same.
>>
Are you measuring your weight on a different time, Are you drinking more wather. Are you sure there is no failure in your diet, sometimes you can mess a cal calculation up. Did you start taking creatin? Are you eating way more salt now? Do you eat more food?
>>
>>36048693
Measuring food incorrectly or storing water. Your body isn't some special magical place where thermodynamics stops functioning.
>>
>>36048750
I weigh myself when I first wake up, but because of my classes that time may vary. Sometimes I will weigh myself between 8-9 AM, other times around 10-11 AM.

I do find myself drinking several 16 Oz Poland springs, I recently bought a 24 pack on Saturday and I'm down to around 8 I think? So yes I am drinking more than "Normal"

I don't assume there is a failure because there isn't much room for failure. I'm on a college food diet which basically means what dorms provide. but generally speaking my diet is just those "Subway" style sandwiches and straight up grilled chicken if they are serving it ( No gravy, nothing special. )

I do not take creatin.

I don't eat more food, I eat less compared to December when I went home for break. I did however lose around 6 pounds since I got back to dorms but my weight hasn't moved an oz since I got back.

My salt intake may be on the higher end however, there is little room for improvement since I'm at the mercy of college food. I can either eat pasta / cheeseburgers / fries / chicken tenders etc. These sandwiches generally keep me full for the whole day cause they pack em with greens.
>>
>>36048792

Not possible to be measuring food incorrectly. Considering I eat two times a day, on top of that just based on my TTDE ( Estimated @ 2800 ) it's unlikely I am hitting this point.

Is it even possible to store that much water? I find this to be unlikely.
>>
prob not measuring weight correctly
doing daily measurements for a week won't be accurate enough because of water weight, sodium etc

better to do a test run with 2.2k for 4 weeks and measure weight every day and every morning and calc the mean and compare
>>
>>36048810
So, you can't estimate the calories in this stuff? You have no idea how much calories the sandwiches have, how much fat was used to make the chicken and vegetables?
>>
Your weight fluctuates. It's normal. If you don't fuck up your counting, you will lose weight, so you should continue doing that.
>>
>>36048845

Actually I do, according to the labels they have, it should be roughly 800-900 per sandwich. I like how you say "Fat" in the food, but would you rather have me eat a pizza? Pasta? Cheeseburger? French Fries? Remember I'm at the mercy of a college campus diet.

>>36048840
Seems like a decent idea. The odd thing is when I returned to my dorm on Jan 20th~ I weighed in at around 322~ . After some dieting I managed to drop to around 316-318 ~. I implemented daily cardio last week and my weight hasn't shifted an inch while my diet has remained exactly the same. This is what's stumping me.
>>
Example of the shit I have to work with on a bad day regarding what type of food is served for the night.
Cornbread Stuffed Pork Chop

Long Grain & Wild RiceVegetarian

Rotini PastaVegan

Carbonara Sauce

Miscellaneous/Peripherals

Steamed Fresh Baby CarrotsVeganMindful Item
Classic Cheeseburger on a Toasted Bun

Cheese QuesadillaVegetarian

French FriesVegetarian

Baby CarrotsVeganMindful Item

Chicken Philly-Style Cheese Steak

Homestyle Sour Cream Pound CakeVegetarian

Fruit NachosVegetarianMindful Item

Chocolate Vanilla Sundae Pudding Cup

Raspberry Jell-O ParfaitMindful Item

Snowshoe Cheese PizzaVegetarian

White Snowshoe PizzaVegetarian

Tex Mex PizzettaMindful Item

Herb Seasoned BreadsticksVegetarian

As you can see, there really isn't anything that I have to work with. Least I don't see it.
>>
sodium and glycogen storage make a big difference. I lost 3 kg in 10 days of cutting because I cut carbs and salt hard. stay at a 500 cal deficit and keep tracking
>>
>>36048925

Am I looking at my TTDE correctly? It says I should be eating around 2900 but I find this to be excessive and inaccurate.
>>
>>36048941
TDEE calcs are usually wrong desu
only way to find out is to experiment with your cals
>>
>>36048964
Thought so, if this is the case, should I just eat once a day? because generally speaking I don't really feel hungry throughout the day and could probably be just fine on 1 sandwich. I'm not sure if my cal maintenance is as low as 1600 to be honest.
>>
>>36048991
Could always do the whole intermittent fasting thing. Once at 1PM (this is your lunch) and once at 8PM (this is your dinner)
>>
>>36049027

Could make it happen, I might shift the times around more to match my classes, Would a 11 AM + a 6PM seem logical?

I know I hate the foods I'm offered, but i need to make use of the campus foods. I can't afford going out to buy raw chicken eggs etc, it's bad enough gas / insurance kills me. Would 2 footlong roasted chicken subs seem like a decent choice calorie wise? I mean they are pretty dense in veggies and shit so I'm actually pretty full for more or less the whole day. On the labels they put up it says it should be roughly 800-900 for a roasted chicken 12 inch.

It's basically a knockoff college subway version.
>>
>>36048941
You should lose a lot of weight with your cal intake. Thus there is either a failure in tdee calculation due to your obesity, you calculated wrong, or the time is simply not enough.
I would recomend you to stick with your calories, cardio and lift. otherwise you are going to lose a lot of muscle, also eat enough protein.
>>
>>36049077
The entire point of intermittent fasting it to maintain the time intervals, so that should be fine. I'm sure there are benefits to doing it 1-8, but it's not like it's set in stone or you're screwed.
>>
>>36049079
Yeah I'm not sure what's going on. Like I said, even if I am calculating calories incorrectly, I eat two times a day on average, and it's not like I can possibly get more than 2500 calories off the stuff I eat. Unless two footlong subs a day is suddenly 2500+. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also thanks for the help guys who posted. I'm also considering it may be water weight since I started doing cardio?

I literally feel thirsty all the fucking time and I'm almost done with a 24 pack of poland springs in less than a whole week.
>>
>>36049141
Diet wise, should that be a decent starting point? I'm not saying end game diets, I'm saying starting point.

My options are very limited otherwise. If you scroll up that's tonight's food being served. Half of that stuff is terrible. My other options are Pasta / Pizza / Fast food related crap.
>>
File: 1372338925443.png (174 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1372338925443.png
174 KB, 500x375
>>36049180
People seem to find success with it and worst case scenario is you eat two square meals a day.
>Chicken cheese steak
God damn, what kind of demonic cafeteria is this? That just ain't right.
>>
File: toastedsub.jpg (77 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
toastedsub.jpg
77 KB, 1024x768
>>36048693
its less about what you eat and more about how you train, at this point
also eat lots of food high in fiber, whole grains, some vegetables, they make you feel less hungry but also will help you lose weight.
if you keep training you will lose body fat and probobly put on some muscle mass too so stop looking at the scale like a hound and just keep up the training.
>>
>>36049164
https://www.subway.com/Nutrition/Files/NutritionValues.pdf
look up your stuff and tell me op
>>
>>36049241

Now you see what I'm dealing with here... Thats why I said I'm really at the mercy of what's there.

These subway styled shits are my best bet unless I get lucky which is once a week and they serve grilled chicken.

But yeah, the thing is I'm already eating two square meals and my weight isn't shifting. Could water weight really be a cause? I mean I just started cardio about a week and a half ago. My weight did drop simply by this diet since I got back to dorms so I'm not sure why I suddenly hit a wall.
>>
>>36049245
This anon is not wrong.

I was 340-350lbs at the beginning of December and the scale would not move. Kept eating 2800 calories a day and burning 300/day on the stationary bike. Didn't look at the scale until last week and it said I was 318.

You'll notice clothing fitting better and that's what actually matters.
>>
File: 1420148946280.jpg (71 KB, 611x696) Image search: [Google]
1420148946280.jpg
71 KB, 611x696
>>36049256
>https://www.subway.com/Nutrition/Files/NutritionValues.pdf

320 x 6 inch,

12 inch = 640?

+ or - some error estimated @ 800-900.

>>36049245
That picture oh god, well this is the life I chose.

So should I just keep this thing up for another week and weigh myself next Wednesday?

Mainly 2 square meals of these subway things,

60 min cardio @ 4 Mph with 1-2 inch incline. ( Yes I'm a fat guy leave me alone haha )

Thanks again guys for the feed back means a lot to me.
>>
>>36049256
>>36049164
>trusting fast food nutrition numbers
I'm sure 24 nuggets from Chik-fil-A is 80g of protein. It says it on the website!
If you get any sauce/cheese on your footlong subs, it could very possibly be 2500+.
>>
>>36049304
Okay thanks. now regarding my stuff, should I just keep this up?

See post..

>>36049314
>>
>>36049317
As mentioned earlier, I do not use sauce / cheese.

Consists of a 12 inch, roasted chicken, lettuce, tomato, green + red peppers and onion.

That's more or less it.

tl.dr I'm a POS kill me senpai.
>>
>>36049329
let's be honest if you can buy subway, why can't you buy chicken breast, rice, broccoli, a oil to cook with (0fat diet is dump) and sometimes something for vitamins like a bunch of carrots?
Is there realy no possibility?
>>
>>36049314
move more think less
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 615x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 615x464
>>36048693
This asshole has posted this bullshit b8 before, stop taking it. Before he was eating "only 500 kcals a day, drinking only water, and not losing weight." Stop feeding this fucking troll.
>>
>>36049367
It's not an "official " subway. It's just a place on campus that accepts meal plans and is a cheap knock off of subway. The easiest way to explain it is to pretend it's subway.

>>36049370
That's what I have been doing...no results.

>>36049372
You most likely have me mistaken for someone else and are trying to derail my thread.
>>
>>36049416
good one
>>
>>36048792
how the fuck do you, while actively trying to lose weight, consume 2200 calories eating twice a day? stop eating shit food
>>
>>36049457

Ok, out of this menu what should I eat hmm? >>36048922

I'm just asking because I actually want to hear this.
>>
>>36048886
does your college campus not have dining halls that serve salad, fruit and healthier food choices?
>>
fucking lift you faggot
if you just lose weight you'll become a skellington with excess skin
>>
>>36049416
Okay fine, this is totally legit then. From now on your food consists of 3 eggs, 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, 4oz steak, a cup of oatz, and a cup or two of spinach. Eat in whatever combo you want separated in however many times a day you want. You will do this for a month, and you will lift and do cardio for 20-30 min per day. There you go, I have just guaranteed your results. If you're not so full of shit I could fertilize a field with you, you will do this.
>>
>>36049472
Serves salad and the only fruits are bananas. Salads are rather poor though imo because we don't even get a protein to it. It's just implamented so vegens stop bitching. The only "protein" for salads we have is tofu. Yes my campus sucks.

>>36049488
So what did you not understand about the part where I said I have to use food the campus provides? I can't go out and spend money on food.
>>
>>36048693
Just do some fucking insanity and you'll shit your fat away.
>>
>>36049487
Considering I'm 316 pounds and I'm not losing any weight to begin with, I'm not even sure what to say to that.

Everyone tells me count calories correctly which I did, and do cardio which I did. zero results.
>>
>>36049498
No I understood it fine. Are you saying you don't have a fucking job or do you just have a shit one?
>>
It's been 10 days you faggot. If after a month nothing happened you did something wrong.
>>
>>36049511
I have a part time job that barely pays for my insurance + gas and any leftover money just goes onto some basic things like water, soap etc.
>>
>>36049512
The thing is what I'm trying to understand is...

How come when I'm eating this...I drop from 322 to 316, but as soon as I do cardio..I get stuck at 316.
>>
>>36049498
eat salad, tofu, bananas, and baby carrots then. 1 time a day, add any entree you want like a philly cheesesteak or whatever the fuck, pasta, etc and i guarantee it would still be less than 2000 calories for the whole day. just not anything ridiculously high in fat/sodium. add cardio and lifting on top of that. its not magic man, it probably will be grueling eating boring ass food all the time but if you want results you have to get out of your comfort zone and work hard
>>
>>36049529
Then find yourself an additional or better job to pay for better food.
>>
>>36048693
Why is it always people that post anime pictures that seem to have trouble with muh cant lose weight muh caloric mystery?
>>
>>36049538
Because it was water. Now it slows down. Even if you go starvation mode.
>>
>>36048693
calories in, calories out
you're not counting right. count calories better and make your own food.
>>
>>36049547
Not that much of a mystery. As previously stated, this is a troll. Right now weebo neckbeard is touching himself every time someone tries to help him or give advice.
>>
File: Libra_2016-02-18.png (76 KB, 1080x1050) Image search: [Google]
Libra_2016-02-18.png
76 KB, 1080x1050
>>36049538
Also I was 270 in August. I'm at 204 now. Sometimes my weight doesn't budge for a week and then one morning I magically lose 2 lbs.
>>
>>36049372
>implying this is at all similar and he isn't taking advice and having an actual conversation

lol retard
>>
>>36049545
I'm done speaking with you, magically I'll find a job as a part time student that has around 6-8 hours free time a week that will pay me , gee I don't know... A small loan of a million dollars?

>>36049547
Because we are shit tier people who are trying to change our habits but when we actually try to get help we are just shunned with half assed responses. ( Maybe I'm missing something here but this is my guess ).

>>36049542
I'll try substituting some foods then in my choices. Thank you.
>>
>>36049572
I just stated what I eat on a daily basis...unless you are telling me that I'm so inaccurate on my food choices that I am actually eating 3000 calories a day on 2 subs...
>>
>>36049595
Just because the menu says something is a certain amount of calories, doesn't mean it actually is. These meals are prepared slightly differently every time and I'm sure shit can be WAY over. I would bet everything I own that if you ate food made by yourself and legit tracked the calories correctly you will lose weight.
>>
>>36049538
that was probably water weight. I'm 148 in the morning and throughout the day I can get as high as 151. if you're actually eating as many calories as you say you are then you should be losing about a lb a week. also, really do lift. it will burn more fat and make you look better for the same time investment in THE JOINT DESTROYER (treadmill) along with not wrecking your joints
>>
>>36049595
are you fucking retarded. I go to classes for 8 hours a day, 4 days a week, and I have had multiple jobs and currently have one at the moment. It's not that hard. How do you only have 8 hours of free time in an entire FUCKING week?? sitting on your fat fucking lard ass watching anime for 40 hours a week doesn't make it not free time
>>
>>36049595
i like you

yeah like anon >>36049611 said, don't trust that shit. if at all possible, take a few hours on a weekend to prepare meals for the week. it's not as daunting as it sounds and you'll really get the results you're looking for
>>
>>36048693

A number of possibilities

1. You are miscounting your food
2. You are gaining water weight while burning fat
3. You are measuring yourself at different times of the day, and thus the weight of the fat you have burned falls within the margin of error of the variance of your total body weight throughout the day
4. What you are eating is your daily requirement, so you should eat less
>>
>>36049629
You got an internship?????? You got 19 credits this semester ????

>>36049623
I'm starting to think my maintenance has to be under 1000 because for example, I didn't eat today and as soon as I drink water I'm good? I don't get this shit anymore.

>>36049611
Which is why I'm estimating them at 900 ~ a pop...
>>
>>36049655
I'm going to guess with number 1... so I'm going to alter my diet a tiny bit.

2 may be a possibility because I am drinking a shit ton more than normal.

I'm going to try adjusting my diet slightly and weighing myself once a week instead of daily to standardize stuff a tiny bit.

I'll see how this works out and most likely will post Sunday~ when I will weigh in again. I will post using the same picture.

Thanks so much guys means a lot to me.
>>
File: 1411048728941.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1411048728941.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
>mfw this fat lard piece of shit is gonna stay fat forever because of all these excuses and muh genetics
>>
>>36049595
Dude fuck off. You ask, then bitch about the advice, then samefag to try to prove you're not a trolling bitch. Die a fatass, accomplish nothing, don't go to the gym, you'll take up valuable space someone worthy might need.
>>
>>36049657
no your maintenance is probably about 2000 sedentary and 2500-2700 with consistent exercise
>>
>>36049680

Seriously though, measure your weight at the same time every day, it makes a huge difference in the short term. Assuming that you are actually at a 500kcal deficiency, you would have lost a little over a pound, which can easily not show up in a reading
>>
Your post sounds like it was written by a passive aggressive woman. You're never going to make it
>>>/b/
>>
>>36048693
Stop eating for 2 weeks.
Works like a charm.
>>
>>36048693
You are eating more than you're burning. Eat less. Also, an hour at 4mph isn't more than 300kcal.
>>
>>36048693
Give the skipping rope a try, faggot.
It's great cardio and works your coordination.
>>
File: what the fuck am i reading.jpg (170 KB, 869x689) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am i reading.jpg
170 KB, 869x689
>>36048693
>maintaining a diet roughly 2200 calories for only 10 days
>wonders why isn't losing any weight
>didn't read the sticky
>posts anime reaction image
>>
>>36048922
>Rice
>Steamed carrots
>Chicken cheese steak (just scrape off the cheese)

You also mentioned tofu in another comment. If that's a bad day I can't imagine an average day being too bad dude.
>>
>>36048693
your deficit is too small. You might only lose a 3-4 pounds a month at that rate. Also, you're a fucking huge guy. Your water weight fluctuates more than most people. I'm sure you have burned some fat, but it's a process dude. It takes a lot of time. Your body has to start making keytones n shit nigga.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.