[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any tips on going to the gym alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
File: 1399528542024.png (171 KB, 680x418) Image search: [Google]
1399528542024.png
171 KB, 680x418
any tips on going to the gym alone?
>>
just be urself
>>
keep your head down and try not to make any eye contact with anyone. Put some headphones on too.
>>
Yeah, this one usually works for me
>Walk or drive down to the gym building
>Enter it
>Use my card to access gym area
>Change in wardrobe room
>Go out to training zone, lift weights for around 90 minutes
>Shower, change again and head home

Hope that helps
The hardest part is changing, especially if you've forgot your clothes
>>
>>36029370
What the fuck is the problem here? There isn't one.

Going to the gym alone is normal.
>>
>>36029370
It's the best mode. You don't have to wait for the lifting buddy when he's late, your workout doesn't interrupt when he's sick or anything.

1) Befriend the gym worker. That way you'll always have someone to chat with before and after the workout, and you will have a spotter and gym's empty.

2) DO NOT try to befriend only females at the gym. Rather don't befriend anyone.

3) Don't worry about what other lifters think of you. They don't care about you, honestly.
>>
>Do your workout
>Use safeties on squats unless you're 100% certain you can get the weight up
>If you're too autistic to ask for a spot on bench make sure you know your limits
>>
>>36029370
Gymbros are the ultimate gains goblins.
>>
>>36029420
>you will have a spotter WHEN the gym's empty
>>
It's all about accentuating your buldge. If people can see your packing a meaty package, you can do no wrong.
>>
>>36029420
>" Befriend the gym worker"
>"Rather don't befriend anyone."
solid advice
>>
Always wear hydration bagpack all the time, this is important. Also just be yourself
>>
File: IsQsfMxSTDRYaPu2vVAg_d9.jpg (62 KB, 700x580) Image search: [Google]
IsQsfMxSTDRYaPu2vVAg_d9.jpg
62 KB, 700x580
It's good to let guys know you're up for some on the down low sucking & fucking, but also make it clear you're all about getting that sweet pussy stank all over your hang low.
>>
>tfw your gym has a no singles policy
>>
Don't be afraid to mark your territory in the gym with your urine & feces.
>>
>>36029399
Kek
>>
Do weight you kniw you can do beccos no one will be payibg any attention to you to help if you drop tge weight. If you onsist on trying to PR ask someone who doesnt look busy for a spot
>>
Have a couple drinks before you go to loosen up. Build this into your routine so you stay consistent.
>>
focus on your workout. think about your form, think about the individual muscles you are activating every repetition. people will see this and respect u.
>>
>>36029425
you can always drop the bar during squats or do a roll of shame during bench, no need to use safeties of spotters
>>
>>36029530
The only time I went to gym high I broke my deadlift plateau by 10 kg because I did not realize I was using 25s instead of 20s
>>
>>36029607
Lol. Same thing happened to me. Felt like Vegeta when he turned super-sayan for the first time.
>>
>>36029370
Change your bench and squats into exercises with dumbbells, so that you don't need a spotter. Other than that, listen to your own music, don't look at anyone and try to silence the thoughts about killing yourself.
>>
>>36029449
READING COMPREHENSION MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?
>>
smash it
>>
>>36029593
This. People that need spotters while squatting either don't lift enough weight, or lift a huge amount of weight. There's no reason for casual lifters to need a spotter for a squat
>>
>>36029370
Don't talk to anyone unless you have to.
Browse some mainstream news site on your phone instead of 4chan.
>>
>>36029429
I believe in this so much.
>>
People with social anxiety are hilarious kek
>>
File: 1442522808587.jpg (18 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1442522808587.jpg
18 KB, 300x400
>going to the gym alone is hard
Is this an actual thing? The few times I've brought friends I've found that either they're just being a distraction or that we're doing our exercises on opposite sides of the gym.
Shit, I've usually got terrible social anxiety, but I've never had a problem going alone to the gym.
>>
>>36030509
>Reading mainstream news

what the fuck goy
>>
>>36029370
remember to tip the gym receptionist
>>
i felt a little akward when i started in early january
now that my lifts are on the same level as normies i dont give a fuck anymore
>hurr u shuldnt care what others think
world doesnt work like that
>>
>>36029370
no one gives a shit about who you are/what you're doing. Just follow a plan and ask for help if you need it. Most the older guys will actually be more willing to and friendly than you assume.
>>
Do what I did today.

>wake at 8
>change and have a sesame bar snack and walk to gym
>work out shoulders and abs
>walk home
>eat breakfast
>watch some TV
>do some uni work
>watch more TV
>drinking coffee now until 1.15 when I'll get the bus to uni
>>
>>36029454
>not taking sips between reps
>>
>been going to gym alone 6 months.
>too autistic to talk to people
>assume will kill me
>>
>>36029921
chill out
>>
Go to a 24 hour gym at like 3am so that there's nobody there to bother you.
>>
>>36029481

I did this and they kicked me out. I don't understand what I did wrong
>>
>>36029370
Solo lift master race

This is the way god intended man to lift
>>
Be careful when you park, you don't want to scratch your car
>>
>>36029370
don't go with a friend
>>
File: ying yang extreme.jpg (8 KB, 289x174) Image search: [Google]
ying yang extreme.jpg
8 KB, 289x174
>>36029370

>i hate going with other people
>i love going alone
>i love the freedom and no distraction being alone
>i wish i could be alone in the gym

what you perceive as a problem i see it as a luxury
>>
Only faggots need butt buddies to go to the gym with them.
>>
>>36030823
fuck you
>>
>>36029370
Nobody is giving two shits about what you do in the gym unless your being a jackass and hogging the rack while doing nothing.
>>
i dont like going alone, i always end up staring at other people between sets because i got nothing to do
>>
File: image_3.jpg (53 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
53 KB, 900x900
>tfw gym instituted a no singles policy
>>
>>36032745
What? Really?
>>
>>36032745
Just say your waiting for you're friend :°)
>>
>>36030740
To be fair, anon, most normies don't even lift weights. So the moment you started lifting you were already lifting as much, or more, than normies.

This has nothing to do with your post but I just wanted to get that out there. It's pretty crazy if you look at random males' bodies in public; a good majority of them have shit aesthetics unless you're on a college campus, which even then, has tons of skinny faggots depending on which school.
>>
File: 2.1953-domino-apple.jpg (56 KB, 479x635) Image search: [Google]
2.1953-domino-apple.jpg
56 KB, 479x635
>>36032745
pls elaborate this seems reatrded
Whats the reason for this policy
how is it enforced
>>
>>36029370
Just go in do your stuff and go out. Honestly, your workout will always be much much better if you train alone than with anybody, unless you are like a athlete preparing for a competition. Just be mindfull of your surroundings, dont hurt anybody and clean up after yourself. Whats hard about it ?
>>
File: 1441464723170.jpg (115 KB, 968x745) Image search: [Google]
1441464723170.jpg
115 KB, 968x745
>>36032769
>>36032825

>he doesn't know bout le ebin /tv/ meme's
>>
>>36032769
>>36032825
They threaten to take away your membership if you go for your 1RM
>>
>>36029370
>go to gym
>enter it
>start lifting
end of story

Stop making these threads, I know you are the guy who's been making threads of going to the gym alone.

Afraid of starting alone? Just do it faggot. No one will do it for you.
>>
>>36029454
>just be yourself
worst fucking advice you can give to anyone, anywhere. If you are really yourself you will be denied by nearly everyone. Fuck this shit this is so fucking retarded.
>had like 2 friends ever
>realized the fuck am I doing
>got my shit together, changed music styles dropped retarded shit like anime, vidya
>pretty popular now
>>
Going to the gym alone is rough nowadays.

If you don't have a posse, you'll get attacked by lustful old men around half the time. The extra cardio tends to ruin my workout.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.