[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: qtddtot.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
qtddtot.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
When I bench, my left shoulder pops really loudly like a tendon is sliding over bone. I try to retract my shoulder blades all the way back but it still makes the noise. How do I stop this? Can I just substitute bench with pushups until my shoulder fixes itself?
>>
Does it just make a noise, or does it hurt as well? If it's just a noise, I wouldn't worry so much. Pain would be where I start to worry. You can try pushups for a few weeks and see if it goes away or stop doing any horizontal pressing for a few weeks altogether and see if it goes away. It's not like you're going to lose your gains.

What is recomping? How does it work? Does it really even work?
>>
File: 1449362309593.jpg (82 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
1449362309593.jpg
82 KB, 1280x544
What kind of routine do NFL players do? Like how do they get up to doing 20-35 reps @ 225?

Im just asking about the lifting routines.
I dont care about the incline sprints, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (215 KB, 792x1224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215 KB, 792x1224
I want abs but I don't want my waist or hips to get wider so how do I do that?
>>
>>36025671
The same way everyone gets abs: lower your bodyfat. This will let you see your abs and wont make your hips any bigger
>>
>>36024865
I'd see a doctor, you're much better off safe than sorry with a torn shoulder.

Hey, I'm going to be going back to the gym soon after a year of inactivity, because of a posterior tear in my left shoulder's labrum and other reasons.
I'd like to some input on what novice program I should modify and run. If I ran trappy-chan's SS with accessories, it would end up kinda looking like this. Would something like Greyskull LP be a better choice for a base?

A:
Squat
Single arm linear jammer(Or makeshift viking press)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkvwvOje1DM [Embed] / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvoMngfLWmU [Embed]
Diddlies
Triceps pushdowns
DB biceps curls

B:
Squat
Landmine chest press
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G-_FTEkoNw [Embed]
Power cleans or rows (Haven't tried PCs yet, don't know if they'll aggravate the injury)
Chins
Lying incline lateral raises
Hammer curls
>>
>>36025671
Lose weight, and do some basic core exercise like full body crunches one or twice a week.
Your core won't go fridge mode.
>>
File: 12265964926621875686.jpg (192 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
12265964926621875686.jpg
192 KB, 960x1280
>>36024865
Anybody got any tips for cutting or suppressing appetite after 9pm or so? Usually I can just drink a cup of coffee or tea but I really don't want to end up awake all night when I have class the next day.
Any tips?
>>
>>36025319
They have been in the weight room since middle school football.
>>
>>36025319
Steroids
>>
Doing IF eating about 1800 calories everyday, so about 700 below TDEE.
Its going good but my question is should I skip my coffee in the morning? Even if it affected the fast It wouldnt make much of a difference, right?
>>
how wide are you gripping the bar?
relative to shoulder width
>>
I'm trying to lose a shit ton of weight, or replace it with muscle (like 30~40 pounds of body fat, don't care about muscle I just want the fat gone) before the end of March. If I were to do EC stack on top of HIIT sprinting every day, and lifting weights 3 times a week, would that be possible? Also keeping my calorie intake below 2,000 (500 TDEE, roughly. MyFitnessPal says I should eat like 2,560)
Currently at 211.2lbs, 5'11"
>>
I'm confused, does doing accessory lifts help my big compound lifts or take from them?
>>
>>36025859
only thing I can suggest is to not eat, but your body will eventually get used to not having food and will forego the hunger pains at that time, as long as you get enough calories throughout the day
>>
File: 1431896949445.jpg (180 KB, 634x901) Image search: [Google]
1431896949445.jpg
180 KB, 634x901
>>36024865

How important is protein intake on workout days? Is that whole "window" bullshit just a meme?

I'm way short for protons today AND over my ideal calorie intake Dunno wat do...
>>
It does matter in which order I do my exercises? Like doing OHP, then rows an then lateral raises or should I do one muscle group and then move to another?
>>
>>36026198
Proton intake is important everyday. Not just training days.

Don't worry about it, just eat more tomorrow if you want.
>>
File: big-ass-woman-17.jpg (51 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
big-ass-woman-17.jpg
51 KB, 800x600
I am on SS and was supposed to squat 215lbs for 3x5 but I only got 2 reps on the first set before failing. I slapped on a belt since someone recently showed me how to use it and I ended up getting 215 for 3x5 with plently left in the tank.

Why is there such a difference? That seems like a huge gap in beltless and unbelted.

I also tried to get my workset of 295 on deads and was only able to pull it once beltless. I tried again with the belt and got all 5 reps.

Will I end up doing my self harm if I start using the belt on my worksets? I obviously only use baby weight so I wasn't sure if I should even be using a belt at this point.
>>
>>36026547
That depends on how you train.
If you're training fullbody, you'll tend to start with squat and deadlift first, then ohp/bench and rows, then accessories.
If you're on a split, you'll want to do your compounds first. Then accessories.
In your case, you'll want to row or press first, then the other, then the accessory shoulder exercise.

But feel free to play around later on.
>>
>>36026555
trips needs an answer.
and id like to know as well
>>
>>36026595
thanks
>>
What kind of boxers help with sweating?
>>
>>36025888
What do you expect to happen except those few 30 kcal you ingest? There's no magic about eating once a day. It's just a simple way to manage intake for some people.
>>
>>36025859
Eat an apple if you really must
Otherwise chew gum
Brush your teeth
Drink water
>>
I just joined the university gym and I'm DYEL, barely did some pushups and shit every morning. Can I start with the stronglifts 5x5, or is SS the one above all? 5x5 looks so easy and neat, and I'm interested in strength more than aesthetics.
>>
Should I kill myself?
>>
>>36026755
Only if trips.
>>
>>36025988
pls respond
>>
>>36026755
only if trips
>>
File: Untitled.png (260 KB, 1359x639) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
260 KB, 1359x639
>Does anyone else cheat really hard and then think they don't deserve their body when it still looks good?
>Has anyone else felt guilty eating food that they enjoy, even if it fits into their diet?
>Does anyone else feel like their life is a wrestling match between their massive ego and crippling insecurity?
>>
>>36026824
Welcome to body dysmorphia and stuff.
It'll get worse around every cut bb.
But you know what? You've got to make those gains to be joocy, or no one will ever love you.
>>
I had a bad workout today. Didn't feel into it at all. Was weak and tired from my cut (just want to get sub 200 already, fuck man, been stalling at 220). Didn't lift anywhere near what I usually rep, and had shitty form.

Should I just kill myself now, or save that for when I truly accept I'll never make it?
>>
Are weighted hula hoops actually useful?
>>
>>36026824
>>Does anyone else feel like their life is a wrestling match between their massive ego and crippling insecurity?
220lbs down from 350, broh. I know that fucking feel, and I've seen others post about that feel before. You're not alone.

>tfw charismatic, decently funny, halfway decent looking guy on my best days
>tfw absolutely zero personality or humor and basically bent over myself with fat-person posture on my worst days
>>
I've had major headaches and feeling kind of dizzy for a few days.

Whjat the fuck do I do? Should I go to the hospital or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 1807x1081) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 1807x1081
How does this look? (The routine )
>>
>>36026981
The body has bad days, keep at it.
>>
>>36024865
I can do pistol squats easily with my heel elevated but cant even do one without. I can do about 10 but i come off my heel every time. I know this is danderous for bb squats but this is just my bodyweight.
>>
is the big guy at my school on gear

>go dawgs
>>
How often should I take a rest day when doing cardio (stationary bike). Consider that I began at the beginning of the year, and go for about 30-35 minutes on average. Currently I'm taking a rest day every five days, and I've felt fine. Just curious as to whether this is fine to continue or if I'm setting myself up for slight injury or something.
>>
>>36027107
I hope that's his little sister and not his gf, she looks 14.
>>
>>36027107
UGA brah?

Please tell me that isn't a greek life party. Looks weak.
>>
>>36027036
help please
>>
>>36027060
Kind of hard to tell without seeing any of the planned sets, reps, or progression.

>>36027036
Doctor.

>>36027000
For what?

>>36026981
Everyone has off days. We're all going to make it.

>>36026804
Start with the lifting and dieting first. More isn't always better for fat loss.

>>36026718
>>36025790
All of the linear progression programs work fine for beginners. Each has its own pros and cons, but it honestly doesn't matter which one you choose in the long run as long as you're consistent.

>>36026555
Is core stability the reason you're failing your lifts? Other than that, the belt shouldn't be making that night and day difference.

>>36026198
The window is mostly a meme. Getting your protein target for the day is a good goal though.

One missed day of macro targets isn't going to make or break your body composition or training.

>>36026078
Depends on the lifts, the volume, and what you're doing them for.

>>36025671
Any growth in your waist should be heavily trumped by growth in your back, chest, and shoulders. Fridgemode is a meme unless you're on exogenous compounds or never train upper body.
>>
>>36027185
>Doctor.

But should I go to the ER?

Im in Canada so it will take a while to go to GP or something.
>>
I want to start lifting. I am 5'11 285lb. What is the highest deficit I could have while still gaining or at least maintaining my current muscle mass? I don't really care about safety. So if I could do 500 calories a day and lift I'll do it.
>>
>>36027060
I don't understand why the chart has Deadlift on it but the actual routine doesn't

Two curl exercises on B day is stupid just do enough volume of one, I recommend barbell curls but hammer/preacher are fine
I would also do facepulls instead of lat raises on B because otherwise your rear delts are gonna be left out of the party

I would do Rows before doing incline/decline bench and I wouldn't do decline at all it's pretty useless if you're doing flat and incline
Also doing both skull crushers and tricep push downs on top of that is dumb just do mostly upright dips to cover the full tricep rom or just pick one of the two and do enough volume of it
>>
>>36027168
UW
Is greek system. Shit-tier frat with pool
>>
>>36027225
Just lose weight like a normal human bean and dont worry about losing muscle. The way you lose muscle is by doing retarded shit like eating 500 calories a day. Eat less, lift, do cardio and you're golden. No need for retarded extreme diets.
>>
Is carb loading the day before a run junk science or is there legitimacy to it?
>>
>>36027218
If you're that worried about the severity, then yes. Better safe than sorry.

>>36027225
Look into PSMF approaches if you insist on cutting on super low calories. Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss protocol (RFL) is a particularly good read.

>>36027134
Depends on how strenuous the cardio is. Resting once every five days doesn't sound unreasonable.
>>
>>36027275
>Depends on how strenuous the cardio is.
Pretty moderate since I was really out of shape.

Resting once every five days doesn't sound unreasonable.
I think I'll just continue what I'm doing then. Thanks.
>>
>>36027275
>If you're that worried about the severity, then yes. Better safe than sorry.

I just don't know what to say. Do I just go to ER and say "Hello my head has been hurting really badly for a few days and it won't go away? Just feels like they'd not really be able to do much for me and the wait is really long usually.

It's been hurting badly for like 3 days tho...
>>
>>36027105
Someone please respond
>>
>>36027241
Ah, okay the "go dawgs" made me assume UGA.
SEC parties look way different.
>>
>>36027036
Doctor time, especially if you're older, or have other health problems.
It could be serious, since you have dizziness.
>>
>>36027225
I'd say start with 500 to 800 deficit that should be sustainable for awhile, make sure to recalculate your TDEE every 5lbs of loss or so

>>36027255
If your glycogen needs to be replenished it can sure help, if you've been eating carbs after exercising regularly it won't do anything magical

>>36027134
You could do that every single day if you're just doing 30-35 minutes and you're eating and sleeping right will suffer no ills

>>36027036
Need more information, if the headaches affect your sight/balance any or you find your speech slurred you need to see a doctor asap

>>36026824
Only every goddamn day. Take comfort in the fact that the mere fact that these things bug you means that you give a shit about yourself.

>>36026718
Any of the novice programs will work for you and the one that will work best is the one that you will stick with.
Don't give up or fuck around pick one and grind it out until you can't go without doing it

>>36026622
Comfort Soft boxer briefs

>>36026555
It just means that your core is relatively weak or fatigued when you asked it to stabilize for that squat. Do your work sets with a belt if you must, you're not competing in raw powerlifting. Do your warm ups and every other exercise you can without one to bring your core in line though.
>>
>>36027351
>Doctor time, especially if you're older, or have other health problems.
>It could be serious, since you have dizziness.

It's not that severe where I'm like falling over it just feels really weird.

>>36027362
>Need more information, if the headaches affect your sight/balance any or you find your speech slurred you need to see a doctor asap

Eyes kind of hurt when I'm trying to read, head feels strange if I turn it too quickly, etc.

Wtf do I do say at ER though guys? It's just a strange position since it's not something super-severe like "My hand is broken I cannot move it" or "I'm violently vomiting".

I know it sounds weird but I'm really worried
>>
File: Untitled.png (12 KB, 1169x436) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12 KB, 1169x436
My lower body is unaesthetically larger than my upper body. I want a novice program with freeweights that utilizes powerlifting movements but also prioritizes upper body and chills with the lower body. Would something like this work?

please help me i have no fucking idea what I'm doing.
>>
File: 1417997861546.jpg (31 KB, 620x632) Image search: [Google]
1417997861546.jpg
31 KB, 620x632
>>36027454
Also I've been lifting for two years, I'm not a complete novice.
>>
>>36027162
Why not both

My nephew wants to get into lifting but his mom is the ''I don't want you getting all big so you can't go to the gym'' type mom so I'm going to be his savior. Since I'm a poorfag however all I'm able to get him for now is 15 and 20 pound dumbbells.
tldr: how far can a 15 y/o get with 15 and 20 pound dumbbells also any recommended workouts revolving around the sole use of dumbbells? If it helps he is full on skelly mode
>>
>>36027414
Because it could be something like giant cell arteritis or something. Even if it's not a huge problem, it's something that would be worrisome.
You can go to the ER for a sudden apperance of a rash or something, and it'd still be the best idea. Or urgent care, which is a bit faster, from my experience.
>>
What exercises can I do in the morning before I shower? Say I'm gonna do planks, is there point in different types, or frontal ones are enough?
>>
how to get big lats? I only been doing lots of lat pulldowns
>>
>>36027466
I've dislocated my shoulder before and such and I had to wait in the ER for hours, I feel as though they won't take me seriously or I'll spend 10 hours in there if I just say "I have a bad headache for a few days and it's not going away"

Fuck man I'm really worried

How would they check or try to fix my shit anyway? Surely there's very little they can do on such short notice right?
>>
I can do this thing with my stomach but I don't know what it's called, or if there's any concern behind it.

Basically at rest my stomach is 'flat', but I can easily balloon and force my stomach out to make me look 9 months pregnant. I've shown my friends this and they can't do it. What gives?
>>
>>36027499
Cat scans and such would be done.
They might be check for X protien in your blood or whatever as well.
It's probably nothing serious, but go to an urgent care facility, if you think the ER visit will be too long.
>>
>>36027494
Pull-ups, chin-ups, rows.

>>36027506
Everybody can do it, seriously.
>>
>>36027480
push ups/nw squats/jumping jacks/lunges/crunches and dips if you have to chairs to support yourself
>>
>>36027506
Everyone can, you're just pushing your abdominal muscles and stuff outwards.
Post pic, if you're worried.
>>
im terrified of bulking because of the idea of losing all the aesthetic from cutting. every time i consider eating a meal im not sure if i should or not even though my daily calories are about ~1500 tops, 2000 on a day where I really pig out. is it normal to feel this way about bulking?
>>
>>36027524
>>36027518
That's a relief. Just as I posted that I noticed someone in the /cbt/ was doing the same thing too.
>>
Are there any normal solid foods that can rival protein powder for protein per calorie? Chicken and fish are all I can think of but according to mfp they still have a bunch of fat.

I'm just wondering if I can cut and stay around 1g/lb without living on protein shakes.
>>
>>36027510
>It's probably nothing serious, but go to an urgent care facility, if you think the ER visit will be too long.

Just googled one... Of course they only open at like 9 am lol.

Would they even be equipped for this shit? It's just like a small clinic. I'm in Canada so not sure if it's any different.

Man feels autistic asking about this stuff but it's really awkward and I'm worried tbqh. I'll go tomorrow morning I guess.
>>
>>36027548
Fish would be a good choice.
Tuna, tilapia and etc.
>>
>>36027548
Skinless chicken breasts have very low fat.
>>
>>36027414
Just say that you've been having headaches that have been causing dizzyness and affecting your ability to work/do whatever.
You might need to get a CT or maybe just some anti-inflammatory meds but it should get checked out just in case, don't mess around with neurological stuff

>>36027454
Phrak's variant of the Greyskull LP, exactly what you want
You can even swap out the squats on friday for light front squats or overhead squats for some variety and to give your legs rest from the heavy stuff going into the weekend

>>36027480
Anything to get circulation going will be helpful so I say dynamic stuff like pushups/squats/pullups do more than static holds like planks
Depends on what other exercises you plan on doing on whatever the day is though, just do something to increase your core body temp if you just want help waking up

>>36027494
Weighted pullups with wide grip, Rows from the floor paused at the top of the movement BB or DB doesn't matter

>>36027506
All you're doing is pushing out your abdominal wall, perfectly normal

>>36027533
Then don't bulk and just stay lean and happy with that leanness.
If that's your goal over getting bigger and stronger there is nothing wrong with that.
Judging by your caloric intake you're probably pretty small though and would look better overall with more muscle even with body fat on top of it

>>36027548
Quark/Nonfat Greek Yogurt/that icelandic yogurt I can never remember the name of all are pretty good on top of poultry and fish of all kinds
>>
>>36027555
Nice trips.

They may have you drive somewhere else to get some scans done.
Not sure how they do it up in mapleland though, but it's probably the same.
Regardless, they'll find the problem. Doctors are pretty good at their jobs. For the most part.
>>
>>36024865
you warm up with lighter weight. when you are doing your exercise don't adjust your shit. you should already have your technique down properly.

the popping is synovial fluid gasses releasing. the synovial fluid rests in the joint cavity, where two bones meet. popping and cracking is harmless just make sure it doesn't make you hurt.

you will have this for the rest of your life and every human experiences this from time to time.

>>36025319 read the sticky.

>>36025671 sticky

>>36025790 start with jogging lightly in intervals. rest half the time you jog. jog a total of 15-30 minutes. do this every other day or every two days. up either the time or speed as you are able to adjust to it.
>>
File: refund.png (41 KB, 591x392) Image search: [Google]
refund.png
41 KB, 591x392
Okay anyone know of a good, no noise, zero leakage cool mist humidifier that lasts?

I bought this and another one for my sister and they both broke on the same day. Now people on Amazon are just now bitchin on leakages or broken parts.
So what should I invest in that fits all though attributes?
>>
>>36025859 don't eat anything. sip water or caffeine-free tea.

>>36025888 the main thing you should be concerned about is the stimulant

>>36025988 sticky

>>36026078 completely depends on your goals

>>36026198 optimal protein intake is consistent throughout the day.

>>36026547 sticky

>>36026555 like the pic not answering your shit

>>36026718
>did some pushups and shit every morning
>every morning
refuckingsearch the sticky before you step back into that gym.

>>36026755 dubs enough

>>36027000 for the elderly, rehabilitation, and hoolahooping tournaments.
>>
>>36027060
>fucking squatting 3x a week
>still no dl
>sprinting on off days
>>
File: 1447379336913.jpg (97 KB, 500x641) Image search: [Google]
1447379336913.jpg
97 KB, 500x641
5'8" 240 lbs here
Should I just go bear mode?
I've been relatively this heavy all my life. I've made progress since summer and have lost about 30 pounds and managed to keep it off. I know I could lose more if I did more during the day but that's not likely. I'm a heavy manlet and I value functional strength more than aesthetics anyway.
>>
>>36027533
you aren't thinking about the longevity of your personal bodybuilding career. you just want now now now mine mine mine
>>
>>36027731
Sorry to say this, Nacho, but you are in need of being under 15% body fat.
>>
>>36027751
for bear mode? I'd still have to lose most of my fat but I don't think I'd have to be that lean for bear mode. It would be more tone than anything wouldn't it?
>>
>>36027731
>bear mode
You mean perma bulk.
Go ahead, if you don't like sex.
>>
>>36027769
>5'8"
>240
choose one. fuck your modes shit just lose your damn weight you small-armed wide barrel chested brownie.
>>
>>36027731
Theres nothing "functional" about being 240 at 5'8" you fat fuck. Very few people are actually bearmode, the rest are just fat fucks. Theres more to it than having a gut and benching 275. Just lose weight you dont have to be at 8% bodyfat just go down where you can be healthy and feel good.
>>
>>36027790
oh don't worry, he will still get ogre pussy and have lots of kids and a nice truck and two jobs.
>>
>>36027816

Oh. I forgot about degenerates.
>>
>>36027275
is the only way to get Lyles RFL through his book?
>>
>>36027731
As a fellow manlet I suggest you just keep losing weight.

It won't look good on you, whether the 240lbs is mostly muscle or fat.
>>
I am cursed with puffy pepperoni nipples forever /fit/ ?
>>
>>36027975
fraid so. and when you get big your nips are gonna elongate into saggy oval pepps.
>>
File: be happy.jpg (89 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
be happy.jpg
89 KB, 500x667
>>36027568
i fucking love you please fuck me in the ass
>>
Just hit a PR on bench today while high as fuck, so I have two questions.
>Does anyone else notice positive impacts of weed on lifting?
>After benching 215 for 3x5 today, is it likely that I could break my 245 1RM next chest day?
>>
I was lifting yesterday and I tore one of my calluses while deadlifting. First time it's ever happened to me.

For anyone who this has happened to, what do you use? Do you wrap it? And if so, with medical tape, gauze, etc? Or should I just use Nu Skin?
>>
>>36027935
Yes. Either buy it or find it through alternative means. I'm not being a shill, it just really nails the fundamentals of low calorie dieting. I learned a lot from it.

>>36027533
You have to gain fat while bulking. You don't have to get fat while bulking.

Getting fat doesn't happen overnight. As long as you're in a reasonable surplus, you have no fear of losing your "aesthetics."
>>
WILL MY CHILDREN BE RETARDED IF I TAKE DNP? I NEED A STRAIGHT FORWARD ANSWER PLEASE!
>>
>>36028139
I doubt anyone on this board is qualified to answer your question
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (69 KB, 617x840) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
69 KB, 617x840
should I bulk or cut?
6'0 190
20 percent bf
>>
>>36028152
You're way higher than 20%. Diet.

>>36028139
Yes they will be, but not because of DNP.
>>
>>36028152
You should workout, twat.
>>
>>36028152
You need to work out, period.
>>
>>36028032
Say it aint so
>>
>>36028070
>Does anyone else notice positive impacts of weed on lifting?
nah it just makes me lazy and when I do lift I just get really lightheaded.
also be careful man. pain is a way for your body to tell you it's damaged. If you can't feel the burn you may fuck yourself over. try not to use weed as a crutch for lifting. nothing wrong with smoking and lifting. Just don't get ahead of yourself. The same could be said for shit like Motrin and other pain killers though.

speaking of 420BLAZEIT. What's a good snack to eat while high that doesn't ruin my gains? Something crunchy that you can literally eat mouthfuls of until you get tired of eating. Salted broccoli and unsalted popcorn come to mind but I want something I don't eat regularly.
>>
>>36028161
>>36028163
Wow hivemind
>>
>>36028166
Carrots, celery, cucumber. Carrots are my personal favorite.
Also, flavored sunflower seeds. Sodium out the ass, but good macros and take a good effort to eat
>>
>>36028163
>>36028161
>>36028160

I'm a newb
working out 2 months so far
>>
>>36028197
>2 months
>Already talking about bulking and cutting
Get your shit together, pham.
>>
>>36028166
I eat carrots and hummus, or peanuts
>>
>>36028197
Bulking and cutting is something you can start worrying about when you start plateuing. Give it a year or two.
>>
>>36028116
sum1 help
I'm gonna bleed out and give everyone at my gym aids
>>
What do you do about a broken heart? More specifically one in the middle of breaking.
>>
>>36028263
Visit a cardiologist.
>>
>>36028263
Love chemicals act on the brain similarly to drugs. Heartbreak is basically a form of withdrawal. The only thing that can really heal it is time. Try to focus on other shit. Good music (try to avoid shit that's going to stir up feelings, I really got into metal after my last breakup) is key. Lifting will lower your blood cortisol levels and thus make you less stressed. HIIT can work even better. Try doing new shit, like joining a club or picking up a new hobby. Gaming is fun if it's a game that won't stress you out, avoid competitive online games and play something that you're super good at so you feel good about dominating. Eat dark chocolate, drink good red wine. Go out with your guy friends on a Friday night. Just do shit and it will pass.
>>
File: Become_The_Witchfinder.jpg (69 KB, 350x284) Image search: [Google]
Become_The_Witchfinder.jpg
69 KB, 350x284
>>36028309

>I really got into metal after my last breakup

Word, brother.

>>36028263

Get into some of that Electric Wizard.
>>
>>36028309
Thanks man. Shit is about to start hurting real bad, I can feel it coming.

"I don't know if I can keep dating you."
Fuck me.
>>
How do you internalize paying for a gym membership? Monthly fees should always be avoided when possible. The selection around here is spotty and the minimum charge is $34 a month.
>>
>>36028342
>internalize paying
What does that mean?
>>
>>36028342
Are you a Bernie supporter, or just retarded?
>>
>>36028395
I am.
>>
>>36028341
Yeah it fucking sucks. You'll come out of it stronger but until you reach that point, it's just a drag. Best thing you can do is just drown it out with other shit.
>>
File: RTdaCtg.jpg (213 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
RTdaCtg.jpg
213 KB, 900x1200
Been cutting for a while, started at 194. Problem is that the scale has been more or less stuck since I started going to the gym 3 months ago. I'm hovering around 165 and barely lost 4-6 pounds since I started. I know 100% I'm in a caloric deficit because I autisticaly log everything I eat and do cardio ontop of lifting 6 times a week. My body is definitely changing when I look in the mirror but the gut is still there. Is it possible I'm more or less replacing most of what I burn off with muscle? I never did any sort of sports before so I'm the most untrained noob you can find.
>>
I keep chewing on the inside of my mouth and cheeks, I remember hearing that that's a sign of some nutrient deficiency but I can't remember what. Google just tells me it's a nervous thing but I'm not under any stress, just cutting pretty hard. pls help
>>
>>36028488
Magnesium
You're welcome
>>
>>36028504
>just started taking magnesium before bed
well, shit, okay then. thank you
>>
>>36028263
Drugs.
Phenibut and alcohol are GOAT.
>>
I experienced the 2nd time of not being able to get fully hard for a girl

I've been on noporn for a month and I don't plan on going back. I don't fap as much as I used to. Do you think it's just nerves? the thing is, I don't actually feel nervous in front of the girl..I just have this weird feeling of not being able to get FULLY hard, obviously i have like a semi from making out and her giving me head

I can sit down on the floor, and think about the girl I'm hooking up with and get a massive erection (with the help of my hand ofc). I'm starting to incorporate cardio so I get more blood flowing. Any advice? Kegels? The girl I'm with right now has a 10/10 body and it's fucking killing me that I can't get a hard boner
>>
>>36028714
Trying going gay my man.
>>
>>36024865
On a cut, how do I ensure I lose fat and not musculature? Do I just lift on a caloric deficit?
>>
File: clark_0.jpg (867 KB, 1628x700) Image search: [Google]
clark_0.jpg
867 KB, 1628x700
>been working out a month
>feeling pretty good, doing SS
>about to incorperate Power Cleans when I realize I've been fucking up my DL's this entire time
>also been adding 10lbs per session so my DL has been going up 30lb a week since I started
>didn't realize that until I was at 215lb and could barely move the bar anymore
>deload to 155lb instead since that's where I would be in SL5x5 adding 10lbs per work out doing DL once a week
>now not sure I'll even be able to lift that properly since my form has been cheating this whole time
>feeling super discouraged
I just want to look atheltic naked, I'm sick of having a soft shitty body. Goddamn it. Am I just wasting my time? I don't have anyone to help me, I'm just coming to this gym three times a week at like 1am so no one see's my shitty baby weights. I don't want another December to come around where I know if I'd been going all year I'd look better. I'm sorry for the blog but I'm just so fucking frustrated and don't know where else to post this.

What the hell do I do /fit/? Fix my DL and keep going regardless of how much I have to deload? Do another couple weeks before incorperating PC's? Is SS even going to help me look like pic related? Should I be doing something else? I know I can't get this exact body without a cycle or something, and I doubt my bf% will ever be quite so shredded, but I'd like to at least look similar. I've been doing this for a month, I don't want to quit now. I wanna make it brahs.
>>
File: thisisheman.jpg (54 KB, 637x638) Image search: [Google]
thisisheman.jpg
54 KB, 637x638
>>36027302
Depends on the time of day. Doctor will consult you, work out whether it is emergency, may even get a CT scan of it. If nothing is threatening and it's manageable the doctor will write a letter and tell you to consult with your GP/family doctor depending on where in the world you are.
>>
File: thatsagoodidea.gif (2 MB, 375x259) Image search: [Google]
thatsagoodidea.gif
2 MB, 375x259
>>36029094
If it is threatening, they will admit you and have you see a head trauma specialist or neurosurgeon. It is probably going to be something manageable and you should really just man up and get it looked at.
>>
>>36028714
I had the same problem, it's mostly psychological. Try having a couple of beers (or other alcohol maybe) before sex, worked for me, better erection, better sex and last longer
>>
>>36029072
>What do I do
You continue and improve

Realizing form is shit happens to a lot of people, including me.

Also just go to the gym at regular hours if that's better, nobody cares about you enough to give you a second look because you lift what a beginner would lift

Just continue SS or SL
>>
How can I best avoid calling attention to myself at the gym?
>>
>>36029143
by lifting like a regular person
that's means not being obvious beta scared of making noise
>>
>>36029143
Don't fart loudly
Do your thang
>>
Am i wasting my time by doing db rows and then bb rows?
>>
I kinda want to try to be feminine, maybe a trap. Is there a way to know what to eat, do, and such?
>>
When cooking meat Eg gammon it says the calories per 100 on the back of packet. Do I weigh my meat/gammon before or after cooking? Same with chicken breast. Confused now
>>
>>36026824
Is that you, anon? I'm curious to see what that body looks like.
>>
Could the dab be a dumbell exercise?
>>
>>36024865
Any advise on trying powerlifting without any gear, including a belt. Im at 275 lb squat and want to go for 315 but is mostly my back holding me back, Im on 335 DL and my tiny forearms dont help
>>
>>36026078
If Powerlifting yes, I say do them after you go heavy on main lift
>>
Pls help guys.

So I stalled out of SS and I'm doing the Texas Method now.. lifts are around 1/2/3/4 and I'm not fat.

The problem is, now that I'm squatting a lot more, I feel significant pain in my knees when I bend.. especially in the mornings. Doesn't impede me from lifting though as it goes away after a bit of stretching. How concerned should I be? I don't think my form has any big issues, my back feels completely fine.
>>
File: 1446723497506.jpg (455 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1446723497506.jpg
455 KB, 1280x1707
What app do you use to keep track of your fitness and cal intake?
>>
How long can I feasibly work out? Sometimes I'm in a bad mood and I'll knock out a gym session that's like ~3 hours. That's counting breaks between sets, cardio, long warmup, and long stretching afterwards though. I don't know if I'm killing my gains doing this. I recover fine and I enjoy it (I have no life more or less) but I always hear if you work out xxxx amount of time you'll go catabolic and destroy all your muscle. Myth/fact?
>>
>>36030165
Oh and I do high bar, and go very deep especially on warm ups. To elaborate on form- my knees don't bend inwards, no butt wink and my heels are firmly on the ground.
>>
>>36030198
Excel, pen, kitchen scale and notes
>>
>>36029852
>no belt
Strengthen core, don't forget obliques.

>but is mostly my back holding me back
Probably not. Strengthen core.

>Im on 335 DL and my tiny forearms dont help
Hookgrip, or buy straps for like $10.
>>
>>36030198
who is this v pretty lady
>>
File: scu068.jpg (369 KB, 877x1200) Image search: [Google]
scu068.jpg
369 KB, 877x1200
>>36030414
>lady

>>36024865
Need help lads.

Pretty much, I'm stuck at 2plate on my deadlift, and my squat is 5kilo away from matching it.

It's not I can't lift the weight, but I feel my form in my lower back isn't as it should be, and I want to stick at 2plate until it feels good and proper.

I do 3 deadlifts a week as I want to get it up above my Squat (At least 10kg above).

Where am I going wrong? Am I deadlifting too often? Should I do assistance shit? Should I be patient and do another set of 2plate? Should I do 70% deadlifts on day B install of 100%?

Do I need to pause my Squat progress (which is going quite well) in order to let my deadlift grow?

My program is basically SS, but with Deadlifts instead of the Cleans (I want my deadlift higher first).
>>
>>36030488
fuck that's the most high quality trap I've ever seen. 10/10 would trick me into smashing.
>>
>>36030198
>>36030414
>>36030505
Sarina Valentina, and 'she' has the ugliest dick and ass on a trap I've ever seen. no homo.
>>
File: 1452337978802.png (151 KB, 449x442) Image search: [Google]
1452337978802.png
151 KB, 449x442
May sound stupid but here goes

I am skinny fat
>5'11
>76.6kg
>all fat in the abdominal area, ass, and tighs

I already went down from 80k from the past month.Will I ever get rid of this shit or will I just become a hungry skeleton with a bloated stomach?

But is it really visceral fat? Or my abs/core just weak from poor posture? Pls help
>>
>>36030198
myfitnesspal
lose it.
>>
Today I started lifting again for some time and started with SS. The thing that bothers me is that I finished the whole routine in 30-35 minutes with 1 minute rest between sets. I haven't done SS before I used to go by 'gymbros' advice before discovering /fit. Am I doing anything wrong?
>>
>>36031091
Take longer rests
add accessories
>>
>>36031099
The thing is I don't feel like my muscles are working. I have proper form and I'm thinking I should add more wights? What kind of accessories?
>>
I'm skinnyfat, and I recently started cutting + lifting to help remedy the situation. I could have bulked first but I had such a significant amount of bf compared to very low muscle mass that I decided cutting would be most appropriate.

The cut is going great, I'm losing weight at the intended rate and I'm losing inches, but lately I've noticed that I look way worse. Like my fat used to be "hard" before, so I just looked bloated all over my body, but now it's jiggly and kinda hangs. It's not loose skin, I'm not that heavy/never was that heavy. It also has that feeling like there's marbles under the skin if you press on it. I googled and Lyle + some other people claimed it happens in the process of fat loss and is a good indicator of progress, but there's no scientific evidence to prove that and it sounds like wishful thinking. Is it broscience? Furthermore, if anyone has had this issue, when will it resolve?

Like I said, the cut's been good, but it's so demoralizing that I look flabbier and jigglier now.
>>
>>36031115
If you haven't lifted in a while and you aren't getting DOMS you're not going nearly hard enough. Add more weight.
And accessories are whatever you want to work on more. for most people doing SS this will be arm stuff and cable flys.
>>
>>36031138
Thanks anon.
One more thing. I went to the doctor and he said I have 'horse shoes kidney' and that I shouldn't do anything that adds too much pressure on my spine. Are squats or deadlifts too dangerous to do? I haven't read anything related to this in the sticky.
>>
>>36031249
>>36031249
I do not feel confident giving you advice either way on that. Ask your doctor about squats/DLs specifically. I don't want you to die because of what you read on a Japanese avant-garde pottery forum.
>>
File: IMG_5029.jpg (155 KB, 748x934) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5029.jpg
155 KB, 748x934
>>36029655
yes
>>
File: 321.jpg (6 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
321.jpg
6 KB, 217x232
Is soy milk or rice milk a good substitute for diary free cutting diet?

Shakes with water tastes like piss.
I am aware that rice milk is carb heavy, but we are talking about morning shake with oats or after workout meal.
>>
>>36027107
probably.
since he likes to party, hes young and probably dont care much about his diet or actually training hard
>>
File: 1455156758058.jpg (9 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
1455156758058.jpg
9 KB, 268x188
>>36031463
Unsweetened almond milk works well, or if you have the money, fairlife milk is awesome, twice the protein and have the lactose.
>>
So I finished the 3 months of Strong Lifts and I have
A) Become bored with it and
B) Plateaued on my lifts
I've been looking a PHUL as a new routine but I'm open to other recommendations for the next program so I don't end up as a T-rex. I'm already a cyclist so my legs are already pretty big, Squatting heavy 3 times a week is really wearing me out. Would PHUL or some variation thereof be a wise next step?
>>
File: image.png (54 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
54 KB, 540x360
So I'm gonna add incline DB press to my workout to assist my bench, but I've never done incline db press before. What's a good weight to start with? I have a 140lb bench for 5x5
>>
>>36031617
Start with 20kg dumbells
If that's too much don't be discouraged, dumbells work much different areas to barbell bench so you'll probably be fairly behind to begin with
>>
I have a 60kg bar that i use for deadlifts but i can do 3×10 with ease is there a way to make it harder without adding weight? should i do 5×5 instead? im not a lifter and i dont have weights im a swimmer and just fool around a bit in winter times.
>>
How long do I have to not eat for yohimbine to be effective?

I know it's preferable to take fasted in morning but wanted to see if I could use it later in day without it being a waste.
>>
I've developed a pain in my right elbow that only hurts when I move my arm in a particular way, It's always there and it's a very dull pain.
I have no idea what could be causing it. I've asked people to check my form at the gym and consulted a couple of Personal trainers who all said that my form is fine etc.

Thing is that it really kills my arm when I'm at the gym. I'll lower my weight then a searing pain will rush up the arm then fade after about 4 seconds. Beyond that it only hurts when I move it in a certain way.

What do you anons think is wrong with it? Should I just stop the gym for a week or something?
>>
>>36031617
Start relatively light. Carryover from flat BB bench to incline DB bench isn't as high as you'd think. To give you an idea, I'm benching 165 for 3x5 right now, and I use 50lb dumbbells for incline DB press for 3x10.
>>
>>36033291
sounds like tendonitus/ tennis elbow. Remedy is rest and anti inflammatory
>>
>>36032955
so i'm reading 4 hours can mimic fasted cardio according to Lyle Mcdonald.

So if I can go longer without eating then I could mimic affects of fasted cardio in the evening?
>>
>>36024865
Does anybody else get cold when cutting? I my hands get really cold towards the end of the day when I am on a cut.
>>
>>36033552
how much of a deficit are you on?

I'm cutting on about 1500 calories and I'm almost always cold now (I used to never get cold before)

I'll even notice my fingertips are different colors then the rest of my hands.
>>
File: LookAtThisRetardAndLaugh.png (170 KB, 935x432) Image search: [Google]
LookAtThisRetardAndLaugh.png
170 KB, 935x432
>>36033291
Rest
Then stretch and work the elbow evenly (push and pull) from now on

>>36032531
Lift from a deficit
This can be accomplished by standing on an elevated platform or takin a wider grip
60 kg is LESS than bitch weight though

>>36031598
I bet your lifts are shit
Do whatever you want according to your goals

>>36031120
Pics

>>36031091
Read the fucking book
It starts easy but it's going to get real hard real fast (literally setting PRs every workout requires a lot of rest time once you are moving relatively heavy weight)

>>36030938
Keep lifting
Rome wasn't built in a day

>>36030488
>stuck at 2plate on my deadlift
Shitty form. Post a form check
>squat is 5kilo away from matching it
Not enough depth. I understand that this is frustrating to hear, but excuses won't change the fact

>My program is basically SS, but with Deadlifts instead of the Cleans
This is such a stupid comment I actually laughed. The book actually does state you should be doing deads 3x/week until it outpaces the squat

You are so misinformed on what SS actually is that you tried to change it up and literally followed what is in the book by mistake, pic related.
WHY DOES NOBODY READ THE FUCKING BOOK

>>36030201
All that matters is progression

>>36030165
Stretch
Form check

>>36029603
Get estrogen
Work glutes and hams

>>36029218
I actually do the opposite. BB rows to DB rows

>>36028480
>scale won't move
>100% I'm in a caloric deficit
Pick one
Counting is harder than you believe and takes some degree of trial and error

>>36028116
Disinfect and cover (even tape) with whatever you've got
Learn how to hold the fucking bar properly
>>
>>36031617
Same here, my question is do I do the incline DBs on the same day as bench or on the OHP day?
>>
>doing 5x5
>sometimes forget if I'm on rep 4 or 5

Am I alone with this?
>>
I'm a new lifter, been doing a lightly modified greyskull.

Went surfing yesterday and my lats are sore. Today is OHP/deadlift day. Should I wait a day?
>>
I'm a noob lifter and I have been canoeing for some time before I started lifting. Due to this I can easily row 27.5 kg dumbbell for reps but there's no way I would bench that (I've heared that you should row the same dumbbell that you press). I'm struggling with 17.5 kg dumbbells on press. Does it mean I should focus on chest and shoulders more to catch up?
>>
>>36033568
Thanks for the advice cunt
>>
>>36033657
Nope.

Did my bench today, I either did 4, 5, or 6 reps.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 480x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 480x375
How much strength should I plan to lose on a 2/3 month cut?
>>
>>36030382
I already do hook grip, and how do I strenghten core
>>
File: 1433592408538.jpg (137 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1433592408538.jpg
137 KB, 1024x768
I recently noticed that my explosive power (doing judo) got worse. Now I want to incorporate some explosive body weight movements. Should I do them before cardio or after? Or on my upper body day? Lower body day?
>>
>>36033568
>shitty form

That's my suspicion, I have a feeling it's because I'm not using my ass enough, meaning the pressure goes to my lower back.

I can do the weight fine, but it doesn't feel as smooth as I think it should so I don't want to progress -- I'll try to go gym at a time when my mate does so I can record it.

>not enough depth
I'll get my friend to record it so I can check, but I certainly go further than parallel.

>stupid shit
I know I'm doing regular SS lol, I just typed it out misleadingly. I said that as if I just said SS, people would think I was doing Cleans or whatever - my fault for not typing it properly.

Cheers for the response tho lad.
>>
>>36033946
Slow cut - almost none
I only "lost" strenght because I trained while being hungry/low on energy
Once I carbed up my strenght was immediately there
Assuming you're cutting 4-5 kilos
>>
>>36034045
I'm looking to cut 9/10 kilos so I guess it's really more of a 3 month cut.
>>
>>36024865
what is in vegetables? I mean, like for every 100g, up to 30g is carbs/fats/protein/fibre. What's the other 70g, just water?

I'm looking at avocadoes in this case (more or less)
>>
If I do PPL with nothing specifically targetting abs (just doing normal Barbell stuff), if I cut, will I get good abs? Or do i need to also do core exercises?
>>
>>36033946
Depends on how advanced of a lifter you are. If you're new it is possible to see tiny strengths gains (10-15lbs) on a short cut if you're hitting macros and calories to a t, if you're intermediate the best you can hope for is strength maintenance but most likely 10-15lbs off your compounds assuming -500 caps below TDEE.
If you're cutting closer to -1000 below TDEE plan your largest meal 1-1.5 hours before lifting to maintain strength but you'll be losing closer to 25lbs max on compounds
>>
>>36034071
I have no experience with a cut that massive and fast, sorry. Still, it feels awful to train while on a cut. You will recover most of your strenght after one or two weeks after eating at maintenance again.
>>
>>36034102
Think of your question but replace "abs" with biceps. Same answer. They are a muscle group that gets worked by compounds but isolation exercises work to strengthen that muscle.
>>
>>36033657
>guessing mid-set based on exhaustion
I know this feel. I think I've gotten better at simple counting though
>trying to count high intensity high rep squats
Never again

>>36033706
Read the fucking sticky
DOMS means almost nothing. It won't affect OHP and the lats probably aren't enough in play for you to affect deadlift yet either

>>36033770
I would say it's more favourable to have a stronger back
Stick to your fucking routine and progression

>>36033846
NP bitch, you are welcome

>>36034013
Lift before cardio
Post routine and what changes you are proposing exactly

>>36034022
No problemo m8
I didn't learn to deadlift properly for a while after starting
Learn to load the hamstrings. Stiff legged deads are very helpful for learning. Watching videos is helpful too

>>36034095
Gains
>>
>>36034175
Cheers man. I've looked at a range of vids, Thrall's/Hulse's have been helpful. But yeah I'm fairly sure I'm doing something wrong my ass, thinking back to last year when I did 115ish x5 I remember sticking my ass out a lot more than I have recently (I think I've been too focused on making sure my back is straight).
>>
>>36034175
>Lift before cardio
Currently doing
>monday upper body
>tuesday cardio
>wednesday lower body
>thursday judo
>friday upper body
>saturday judo
>sunday lower body
yeah no rest day but I keep the cardio light and don't want to progress on it
was thinking about doing ~15 minutes of explosives/judo specific movements as a warm-up before cardio and maybe on my lower body days
I don't feel well doing my cardio on my lower body day, too tired after heavy squats/deadlifts
>>
One of my arm is hurt. Is it worth it to some training one handed or should I just take some time to rest? I don't think it's anything serious, should only be for a few weeks
>>
>>36025859
I use cigarettes
>>
>>36034348
Don't train one arm, skip upper body and train your lower body while recovering and find a substitute for the time you usually spend on training your upper body
>>
What are the best dick exercises? I know there are kegels but is there any other ways to give my cock a hearty workout?
>>
File: 1449931083733.jpg (2 MB, 2500x3000) Image search: [Google]
1449931083733.jpg
2 MB, 2500x3000
>lost weight
>have some loose skin that looks like fat
Will my skin eventually tighten or am i fucked until I gain weight again in muscle?

No Im not the OP in that thread with a similar question
>>
>>36033565
not 100% sure about deficit but I am at almost the same as you, 1400.
>>
>>36034475
Probably not. I lost merely 20 kg like six or seven years ago and while I look normal, my skin still hangs like crazy on my belly when I do pushups or planks.
>>
>>36034475
Post pic, hard to say. Sadly loose skin is almost only genetic, so you might be fucked and in need of surgery, or gian muscle, but I am not sure it will disappear completely.
>>
>>36025859
Metamucil/psyllium fibre
>>
Former fatty, am 5'8", was 170lb, down to 144 now
Got there with modified ss and cutting

I thought this would go away as I got more fit, but it still pops up every now and then. Some exercises make me light headed when I finish or return vertical. Hyperextensions after the last rep, squats, rows, sometimes deadlifts

Seems to be everything where my body goes horizontal or below + squats. Any idea what's going on? I'm worried I'll pass out when I start doing heavy weight
>>
>>36027454
Add some variety to those upper body lifts! I think some dips, t-bar rows, and dumbbell lifts could be really helpful.
>>
Hey /fit/, fatass losing weight here.

I've ran into a problem of getting hungrier than usual. For the past two months I've been eating 800-1200 calories/day. I've had no issues with hunger or discomfort, but here of late I've found myself feeling really hungry, and it doesn't seem to make sense. For the past week I've been hitting 1200 calories/day, and then yesterday I hit 1400. I'm cracking back down and refocusing myself so it doesn't happen again.

But why did I get so fucking hungry this week? My diet hasn't changed. I haven't been having sweets/junk. Feels weird.
>>
So I've always had mild chronic back pain, but I've always been able to manage it with acetaminophen. But I've noticed whenever I'm constipated and haven't shat in a while it exacerbates the pain and discomfort. What does this mean? How can I treat it?
>>
>>36027731
>I value functional strength more than aesthetics anyway

Right ya do. Stop eating shit, start SS and eat at a 300 cal/day deficit. In six months you'll be under 200. In a year you'll be a solid 180 of muscle.

You can do it. Don't be fat! I was 240 at 5'8 once; now 175-180 and don't feel like a fucking slob in my clothes.
>>
>>36034726
Fuck
Not the guy you replied to but in similar situation
Not enough for surgery, easily enough to look shitty bent over
>>
Anyone care to redpill me on texts method training?
>>
I fractured my shoulder in a surprise vehicular interaction about a year ago. I don't go to the gym because I know people are watching me. Been lifting with dumbbells for a few months after my shoulder stopped hurting, and despite going slow with weight increasing it feels like I've gone as far as I can without risking my shoulder or braining myself.

It's only 15kg and everything else I do doesn't hurt. Is there a more injury-friendly shoulder exercise, or should I invest in a bar and some equipment? I've enjoyed progressing so I don't want to have to stop because of this.
>>
>>36024865
I started going to a university this year studying engineering and it has absorbed alot of my lifting time because it is so much shit to learn. I have been lifting for around a year and a half, and while in the first year i gained 10kg i lost 1.5 just the last mounth and right now at 75kg which is too low because i am 1.90m(6.2). Any routines i can do to at least keep my weight through the end of the semester? I can lift only 2-3 times a week and allready permabulking.
>>
I'm trying to fix my posture because of back problems.
When I stop thinking about it, I resort to my old posture and notice the pain again.
Will it eventually just stick, as in, will I just become accustomed to my new posture?
>>
How do I not die while bench pressing? I train at home and no one is there to spot me
>>
I can bench 45s (135 I think), but only like 5 before I get worn out.

Should I just drop to 115 or 125 to bust out actual sets or does it matter?

>>36024865
my shoulder is fucked too. Double jointed AND injured. Anything behind the head is a no go
>>
can i mix whey protein with water and keep it in my fridge for weeks as if it were milk?

cause i use it as coffee creamer but i dont have time to make the whey/water mixture every day. (i dont put the powder directly into my coffee cause that doesnt work for me)

(i cant use whey for anything else cause it turns my poop into bricks if i have a full serving)
>>
>>36035783
im not experienced, but common sense would say to clamp the weights so they dont slide off and just be careful

if you can't do a set, just throw it to the side
>>
Thoughts on grapes? is the high sugar gonna make me kill? i eat 500g in a sitting.
>>
I broke my collar bone and didn't get surgery and now my pecs are uneven. Anything I can do to stimulate my affected side more than the now huge one?
>>
>>36035127
are you moving more or less? it's winter, so you might just be bored
>>
>>36024865
That shit happens from time to time. If it feels like anything whatsoever, let it rest and substitute (I'd do dips and flies instead) but if it's just some noise its probably fine. My one hip cracked a bunch of times doing squats and they were fine until I got sciatica (on the other hip - got it from yoga of all things) so I personally wouldn't worry but I'm not a doctor
>>
anyone ever use a chiropractor and get good results in improving their movement and posture?

my postures shit and i move like a tin-man and im thinking about looking for a chiro, osteopath, or physical therapist to start seeing.
>>
Currently doing:
Squat 3x5
Bench/Press 3x5
Deadlift (not ready for cleans yet) 3x5

I want to add pullups and dips, as I love doing them and want some arm-focused work, but I don't want to ruin my progress. Would they?

Stats:

175cm
76kg
Squat: 95kg
Deadlift: 105kg
Bench: 65kg
OHP: 45kg
>>
File: 1416177449694.jpg (46 KB, 616x699) Image search: [Google]
1416177449694.jpg
46 KB, 616x699
My gym doesn't have assisted chinups machines or elastic bands. Does it mean I have to jump like a fucking retard and go down slowly for negatives? This is really the only way to train myself for chinups/pullups?
>>
>>36036138
Use a bench or a fucking stool.
>>
>>36036124
This is the plan I want to start once my lifts are up; am I there yet?

A:
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Facepulls 3x8
Dips 3xF (once I reach 12 reps I'll do weighted)

B:
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 75%-80% 3x5
Shrugs 3x8
Pullups 3xF (once I reach 12 reps I'll do weighted)
>>
Do you prefer high or low bar squat? What are the advantages or disadvantages to either?
>>
>>36036169
I'd do Power Cleans instead of ez DLs
>>
>>36027464
all i have is one dumbelll bar and a set of weights for it. you can do a lot with dumbells and just using one is good for core strength. its better to get a bar type one though so he can change up the weight. Here's what i do:
One leg weighted squat, curls, tricep extensions, lateral raises, overhead lifts, flyes, reverse flyes, wrist rotation things, bent rows, and rotator cuff strengtheners. I think thats it.
>>
Type 2 diabetic here, is it true that I'll have more trouble building muscle than someone who doesn't have diabetes?
>>
Is PPL a meme?
I tried doing my push day for the first time and by the third exercise i was already failing at like 70% of my usual reps
>>
>>36024865
Same thing happened to me. According to a doctor my rotator cuff was hyper extending out of its socket. Told me to do RC exercises with light weight
>>
I doubt this will get answered but I had to ask
Whenever I do a set of press I'll be fine for the first two reps then on the ones past that my elbows start to hurt and I feel something popping in them and they're sore afterwards. I basically can't pass what I'm on now because it hurts too much and I don't want to fuck up my elbows.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>36024865
Your form is ass. Go from chin to the end of your sternum, it stopped the popping in my shoulder at least.
>>
>>36035127
as i was losing weight i went through the same thing, just suddenly one week started feeling a lot hungrier and wondered why. first time it happened it went away within a few days, i stayed at my calorie goals and just let myself eat things that weren't so nutritious so i could fill myself up (600 calories of air popped popcorn is enough to immobilize me)

the second time it happened i had lost 75+ pounds and had hair loss so i was afraid i wasn't getting enough nutrients. i obsessed over my new hunger so much i binge-ate just once, but that started a binge/restrict cycle that stalled my progress for 6+ months (still trying to get over it, it's hell to decide everyday that "this is the day i'll start getting back to losing weight")

i don't have an answer for why you're hungry, i only wanted to say if you have a history of binge eating/ weird food addiction stuff (which is how i got fat so it's not really an out-there guess) don't do a "cheat day" or "a few maintenance days" like people on here will suggest. consider upping your calories if you think you need to but you're probably doing everything right already. if you don't change anything i imagine it will go away soon. just like the first few days of dieting when you feel hungry and weak and have headaches and carb cravings, if you wait it out then it goes away.

causing your hunger could be a number of things, like more activity, or if the weather is changing and it's getting more sunny where you are (more seretonin can =more hunger) or maybe your diet isn't very good and it's just catching up to you
>>
>>36036420
Do you take insulin ? If si it should be easier.
>>
Nooby question: how does one measure their bodyfat %
>>
>>36036893
Look up the scooby video on the subject on YouTube
>>
Should I switch to Phraks Greyskull LP after just 4 workouts on SS?

I don't think SS is really what I am looking for, and from what I have picked up that Greyskull LP is a good variant

gains so far:

squat 50kg -> 75kg
deadlift 60kg -> 95kg
bench 40kg -> 45kg
ohp 35kg -> 37,5kg

Also my lower back is killing me since I started, this is from bad deadlifting form, or? Could it also be bad squat form?
>>
File: just.webm (803 KB, 378x412) Image search: [Google]
just.webm
803 KB, 378x412
>>36030505
You're right she's gorgeous.
>>
I have realized I have posterior pelvic tilt. I am still pretty new (about 4 months) and do GSLP as my routine. Would replacing barbell rows with typical dumbbell rows and doing Romanian dead lifts in place of normal deadlifts be a good idea while I work on correcting the pelvic tilt through stretching and exercises? I'm pretty tall at 6'3" and have extremely tight hamstrings, so those two lifts are very hard for me to do with proper form.
>>
Sounds like it could be from either. I prefer GSLP over SS, but they're pretty similar. You just started so you can't really judge how good the routine is for you. Probably any of the standard beginner routines will yield similar results, but my preference is Phrak's GSLP.
>>
>>36037024
I prefer GSLP to SS myself. As for lower back it could be squat but seems more likely to be deadlift. Although since in SS you squat so much more then deadlifts its difficult to say. If you do GSLP and do the MF squat and W deadlift variant then you can get a better idea of what is causing the issue.
>>
>>36037154
Your better off making sure you stretch out. Lookup the Limber 11 on youtube. Alot of the earlier stretching work helps with that tilt.

The other thing is you need to look at the root cause of a pelvic tilt. Is it related to sitting alot? Then you need to take steps to fix that first or you won't ever resolve it.
>>
So I am around 25% body fat, and my body is pretty disproportionate (t-rex mode). I don't have any gyms near where I live, so what are some at-home routines I can do to even myself out?
>>
>>36036138
>Does it mean I have to jump like a fucking retard and go down slowly for negatives?
I hear that's better, anyway...
>muh ego
enjoy you;re injuries
>>
>>36036877
I use to 2 years ago when I was a fat fuck and didn't watch what I eat. The following year I got my shit together and started doing cardio, now I'm maintaining my levels through diet and exercise alone. I want to put on muscle because I don't want to be skinnyfat.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.