[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you dislike fat people? I honestly don't care if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: 1454027205104.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1454027205104.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
Why do you dislike fat people?

I honestly don't care if people are fat as long as they own it and they pay their own hospital bill when they go to the hospital because of a disease caused or exasperated by their obesity just like I think a base jumper should pay their own bill when they crash into a mountain. The problem for me is that where I live we have socialized medicine, and if you get fat here and need a liver transplant because it's been turned into fat, the government will pay for it with our tax money. That is not to say I disagree with socialized medicine, I just don't want to pay for someone who caused themselves that damage by living a dangerous life style while other people genuinely need that help.

I would also never get a fat GF as this is a deal breaker for me.
>>
>>36016821

They look like and usually are human trash
>>
>>36016821
>I honestly don't care if people are fat as long as they own it
I hate fat people because none of them do this. Not a single fucking one.
>>
File: 1453958320275.png (117 KB, 511x501) Image search: [Google]
1453958320275.png
117 KB, 511x501
>>36016821
>>
File: 1453932159991.png (440 KB, 921x741) Image search: [Google]
1453932159991.png
440 KB, 921x741
>>36016821
>>
>>36016859
Up to 35% body fat its fine, its when you get those higher the people tend to become more selfish and rude.
>>
>>36017039
Holy bro science, bro
>>
>>36016821
>as long as they pay their own hospital bill
They don't.
>>
>>36017002
I don't know. Most fat guys usually do.
>>
>>36016821
>because of a disease caused or exasperated
The word you're looking for is "exacerbated". I hope you haven't been phrasing it that way in public.

Anyway, I agree. If I don't A) have to pay to look after problems they invited and B) have to see fat promotion/acceptance encroaching our culture (plenty of them acknowledge it's bad) and C) have to withstand bad hygiene, then fine by me.

Just about all of them fail at A and most do at C, though.
>>
>>36017037
>not to an abnormality in thermogenesis
FATTIES BTFO
>>
>>36017078
Do they pay their own hospital bills?
Do they do an hero before their obesity claims hospital beds that could be used by people who didn't put themselves in that situation?
Do they pay for the second seat on the plane without complaining?
Do they never ever get defensive when faced with healthy living or diet?
Have they never used excuses for their situation? (But I have this, this didn't work, this prevents me blablabla)
>>
>>36017103
>The word you're looking for is "exacerbated". I hope you haven't been phrasing it that way in public.

Sorry, English is not my first language.

I've never smelled a fat person, but then again there are not a lot of fat people where I live. I have however seen advertisements with sexy women in them vandalized by members of the local communist party.
>>
>>36016821
People like being better then others. It is very easy to portray one self as better then fatties. They are easy targets.
>>
>>36017149
Every fatty I have met have tried to portray themselves as better than me, so why not use their own tactic against them.
>>
>>36016821
Because they are fat and lazy and lack basic willpower.

The more appropriate answer is that I used to be a fatty who got picked on all the time, so I hate them because they generate deep seeded insecure feelings I have about myself, because I hated being made fun of, so I hate that they are completely okay with going through the pain I went through.
>>
My three best friends are fat. I can't change them for the life of me and I have to watch them slowly kill themselves.
I project hate towards all fat people because I can't get myself to hate them.
>>
>>36016821
Because it's hard to socialize with them when all they want to do is eat. It's always food based. I don't like using my money on restaurants if I have to order a salat but what the fuck else am I going to do? Eat a weeks worth of calories in one day? You get the mean eye when all you order is coffee. And the fact that they always bring food with them and push it on to you. "I worked hard on this cake please have some" I don't want to say I'm on a diet when I'm not, but it's the only answer they will accept.
>>
I hate fat people because I associate obesity with stupidity and I dislike stupid people
When I say stupid I mean stupid as in 'cannot have conversation with becouse most beliefs and values are ridiculus'
Stupid people usually are pro-guns, anti-abortion, anti-homosex and racist
If you're fat its becouse you neglect your own body and neglecting your own body is something a stupid person does not a smart one
>>
>>36017506
while I agree with your sentiment, such blanket statements are dangerous anon
>>
>>36017506
>Stupid people usually are pro-guns, anti-abortion, anti-homosex and racist
Found the promiscuous homosexual activist nigger.
>>
File: IMG_12022016_17022016.jpg (511 KB, 794x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_12022016_17022016.jpg
511 KB, 794x1024
>>36016821
I like fat people. Being fat is like having a big sign above your head that reads 'I am cool, chill, laid back, and apathetic'.

Whereas being muscled is like having a big sign above your head that reads 'I am a really insecure dumb, dull, shallow, narcissistic douchebag who is obsessed with myself. Don't talk to me'.
>>
File: bait.jpg (191 KB, 1600x1584) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
191 KB, 1600x1584
>>36017576
>>
>just signed a one year membership to a gym
>morbidly obese, used to be an athlete when I was younger (about 6 years ago)
>start going to the gym, first couple of days nobody is there and I do my set in peace
>gradually people start coming in at the same time as me and I feel like I'm being judged
>start losing the confidence to go to the gym and be a gross sweaty fat fuck for 3 hours

I hate myself.
>>
>>36017631
I love recovering fatties. That's a completely different category, m8.
You're basically beating your weakness to the ground.
Keep going. You'll make it.
>>
>>36017665

It's just really emasculating when I do shit that I used to be able to do at half the weight and feel like I'm dying. I used to squat 130 kg 5x5 and now I can barely do 60. I just want to retire to the rowing machine because it's the only thing I'm natural at but I feel like I'll never lose weight that way.
>>
>>36017631
I'm sorry you've done this to yourself anon, but you can recover! You will be better, you can do it.

May I ask what circumstances caused you to go from being an athlete to morbidly obese?

Also since you were a former athlete, incorporate that training! You have the knowledge , you just need the motivation and time.
>>
>>36017700
Nigga grow up, your there for yourself.

If anyones judging you at the gym its most likely positive judgment. Youll be fine man keep on lifting and youll get what you want.
>>
>>36017700
NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE WEIGHT YOU ARE PUTTING UP

You are supposed to be bettering yourself bro.

You can't go back to expert level after taking 6 years off.
>>
>>36017700
don't give up m8
you're going to make it
>>
>>36017631
Don't stop breh!
>>
>>36017732

Slipped into a deep depression pretty much, parents died and I had to raise my younger siblings, gave up a sports scholarship for it and ended up eating like shit for too long.
>>
>>36017631
Christ how do you let yourself go from athlete to morbidly obese in 6 years? Unless you were one of those fat 'athletes' in high school who rode the bench or played 5 min of O Line a game.
>>
>>36017748
Wow. I am genuinely sorry to hear that. It would not be easy for absolutely anyone to deal with that.

That being said, your grieving time should be over. You will kill yourself slowly if you don't recover.

You've already made the right choices by joining a gym. You can pick yourself back up, and you will feel like a great burden has been lifted when you do.
>>
>>36017576
You are absolutely right. Don't ever talk to anyone who is /fit/, because we don't like you, fatty.
>>
>>36017780

I don't know if I'm actually morbidly obese, but I'm 6'6" and 260 pounds. I was never shredded, but I had a big barrel chest and was pretty fat strong.
>>
>>36017037
>1992

Is this shit still valid? It's fairly old
>>
>>36017800
according to the internets, it's a BMI of 30% but I'd say it's lower because I'm going to assume you still have muscle.

But it's no where near good. So continue with your training.
>>
>>36017800
Fair enough. Just take it one workout at a time bro.
>>
>>36017807
Go watch "Secret Eaters".
It's a current British TV show that is pretty much this paper in entertainment form.
Just because the paper is 30 years old, doesn't mean fatties aint gonna fat.
>>
>>36017818

Is it normal for athletes to still have muscular parts? I've got decently defined calves and still big thigh muscles, it's mostly just my upper body and inner thighs that have gotten flabby.

I'll hit up the sticky and try to piece together a proper routine, but what I've been doing so far is:

30 minutes of rowing
5x5 70 kg deadlifts.
5x5 60 kg squats.
3x10 40 kg barbell rows.
3x20 abdominal crunches.
>>
>>36017807
yes, the human body hasn't evolved to break the laws of thermodynamics between 1992 and now. You still lose weight if you don't eat enough and gain weight if you eat too much.
>>
>>36017543
Found the right wing redneck hillbilly
>>
>>36017506
>pro-guns

Yeah, God forbid you defend yourself you faggot.
>>
>>36017851
Completely normal for athletes to retain muscle. Assuming you trained for years to become an athlete, you developed your muscles to become strong. They would not completely shrivel away with bad diet. Also your muscle memory should be intact, and that will help you greatly with going up in lifts, as opposed to a person who has never lifted before in their life.

Your routine is good, I'd definitely throw in some OHP and Bench press to your routine.

a 3x a week full body workout + cardio will definitely get you back to where you want to be.
>>
>>36017851
>>36017906

Also make sure to fix your diet bro.

You can't eat like an athlete anymore. You have to maintain a caloric deficit and eat a lot of protein. But I'm going to assume you know that.
>>
>>36017851
that routine is very imbalanced. You aren't working the anterior shoulders or the pecs at all, while you are doing a lot of row volume. I'd recommend doing a starting strength or GSLP based program at this stage, or stronglifts if you insist on the 5x5 scheme.

A starting strength variation could be:

Workout A:
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chin Up 3x5-8

Workout B:
Squat 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Power clean 5x3 OR BB row 3x5
Weighted Dip 3x5-8

and doing extra arms on friday:
skullcrushers 3x8-12
curls 3x8-12

I'm not sure what the sticky routine is, but it's probably similar.
>>
>>36017925

I've got cheap chicken breast available to me, but diet is my hardest part yeah. I've got some whey protein supplement stuff from a buddy of mine and I already take a multivitamin, calcium and fish oil. I just don't tend to eat a lot even when I've done lots of physical work so I find it hard to fill out calories.
>>
>>36017947
You should probably be eating around ~2400 calories a day for your deficit.
>>
>>36017700
>really emasculating when I do shit that I used to be able to do at half the weight and feel like I'm dying
iktf bro. I had been lifting for just over a year when I had a second infection of shingles. Having an old person disease is bad enough when you're 25 (first when I was 18) but the meds cleared it up in a week. Afterwards, it left me with severe neuralgia throughout my shoulders and back. I couldn't lift and had was forced to do lift exercises for over a year while waiting for it subside.

Now 26 and getting back into lifting. Everything is literally lightweight baby. I definitely get treated poorly by some of the other lifters there who determine worth by how much you lift, but everyone else seems to just keep their opinions to themselves.
>>
>>36017700
The urg is God tier cardio nigga get around it
>>
>>36017807
That's the beauty of science, if its proven at one point it stands until other findings disprove it
>>
>>36017854
https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/342005336712040449
>>
>>36018195
>urg

What's URG?
>>
>>36016821
What you described IS the reason we hate fat people. The ones who come to the gym and actually workout, I don't hate at all. Infact, I'm usually helping them out, showing them proper form and even spot them.
>>
>>36016821
I don't hate fat people. I hate the ones who try to justify it and the ones who feel "proud" of it. Many obese people have understandable reasons for being obese, as in, coping with food due to traumatic events.
>>
>>36017700

You shouldn't feel emasculated that you're not as strong as you were, you should feel emasculated that you're allowing your own insecurities to sabotage your improvement.
>>
>>36017576
And being a retarded shit poster big sign above your head that reads 'I am trying to troll people because I am loser, but I fail horribly. I'm loser on both the internet and in real life.'
>>
File: 2179153-18079_26016.gif (59 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
2179153-18079_26016.gif
59 KB, 320x240
>>36016821

it's the smell
>>
>>36017807
>Is this shit still valid? It's fairly old

no shit kid, it's like how you've seen gravity making people fall up lately.

i mean it's fucking 2016 they should get with it!
>>
>>36017825
Ha, the big reveal when they are sitting in the coffee shop is gold

>"I only eat 1000kcals a day, I swear"
>Shows vid of them scoffing mars bars

KEK
>>
>>36021102
Top tier trash entertainment that
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.