[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dry Socket
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
> Get all 4 wisdom teeth pulled
> Do everything right for 3 days
> Day 4 I eat hard food
> Day 5 I look and have 2 huge ass holes, not healed at all
> Apparently have 2 dry Sockets
> No pain though
How long does this shit take to heal? I'm going to the dentist tomorrow. Very fucking annoying.
>>
>>36011540

MOTHERFUCKER IT'S DINNER TIME YOU FAG
>>
>>36011540
>dry socket
>no pain though
that's not a dry socket then
>>
>>36011540
Gum is fast healing part of the body.

BUT, if the problem that caused those hole to not heal is still there, it will never heal. just like swelling caused by bacteria between your teeth and gum.
>>
>>36011615
It definitely is, scab got pulled out. Straight shot to the bone on both bottom, maybe top right but I can't tell.

>>36011650
The problem was eating I guess, can't think of anything else.

> Has anyone ever had one of these?
> How quickly do these heal?
>>
>>36011614
Don't be a pussy, unless you just got a tooth pulled you won't get one
>>
>>36011540
I dont think youre cleaning it well enough m8. Are you squirting salt water in the wound?
>>
>>36011788
They didn't give me a squirt thing, I've been swishing salt water though. Any idea how to fix this? Do I just have to keep it as clean as I can until it tries to heal again?
>>
>>36011805
Its important to clean the wound to allow the wound to heal. I personally fucked up the healing proces by being too afraid to squirt with some force so the mess wouldnt come out. In your case it seems like theres food remnants and other dirt Inside the wound. So ask your dr for some squirting tool.
>>
>>36011540
Yeah I had two dry sockets too, thought I wasn't in pain until I was delirious from it. Try to avoid making it worse or putting anything that might irritate it or you'll end up tripping balls in hospital like I did
>>
>>36011881
You did have pain from it? How do I avoid that shit? How did you fix them?
>>
>>36011540
Oral surgery resident here
you have those holes because teeth had to come out and your body heals one cell at a time
Its not dry socket
>>
it's a phlegmon, or a necrothic one, may need ATB.
ima med student.
>>
>>36011915
Two days ago it was just about closed, now there's two deep ass holes. Isn't that what a dry socket is? When the scab gets dislodged and you're left with that deep ass hole again?
>>
Med student here. You're dying. Make your dead body easily accessible to paramedics.
>>
>>36011540
Completely normal, I had this with my wisdom teeth removal.
Just try not to get food stuck in there. That shit is annoying.
>>
>>36011955
How long did it take for you to heal? I just don't want to worry about this shit anymore
>>
Why do Americans get their wisdom teeth removed for no reason?
>>
>>36011995
They were pushing all of my other teeth, there wasn't enough room in my mouth. They could have stayed, but then I'd have fucked up Eurofag teeth
>>
>>36011995
Why do you assume it's for no reason? I don't know what monkeyjawed place you live in, but the extra teeth crowd out human mouths, push into other teeth, and are generally painful. I'll admit this might not seem like a big deal where you're from, but in countries where people actually have all their teeth it can be quite a pain.
>>
>>36011945
Dry socket is literally a bacterial infection of bone which will result in VERY severe pain. Your body will heal even if they spontaneously open (aka stitches came out early) they will close again.
>>
>>36012136
My stitches are all out, I kind of helped them a long. Is that all this is? Should I even see the doctor?
>>
>>36011968
Generally it takes about 3-4 months. You made your own bed though so stop complaining. Obviously you didn't "do everything right" or you wouldn't have a dry socket.
>>
>>36012201
Didn't they tell you this before they took them out? My stitches popped open after like a day and I had gaping holes in the back of my mouth for I don't know how long. If you're not in pain, you're not in trouble. Just try to keep shit out of there.
>>
>be 16
>get all four wisdom teeth pulled
>bottom two were severely impacted
>given strict instructions on my diet
>given a bottle of percocet
>warned that I should expect pain and mild to severe swelling
>given lengthy instructions about cleaning procedures
>get home and immediately cook and eat double batch of ramen
>have a pork chop a few hours later
>next day take one of the percs because very slight soreness
>never had any amount of swelling at any point
>never cleaned out the sockets once
>eating everything they told me not to in large quantities
>heals up perfectly
>in checkup visit doctor repeatedly congratulates me for being one of his few good patients
>month later rediscover bottle of percocet
>pop one every few hours all weekend
>WalkingOnSunshine.exe
>>
>>36011968
>>36012206
Mine only took a couple weeks for the holes to heal properly. I avoided solids for the most part, and made sure to clean the food out if it got inside the holes. Best way it to squirt salt water as another anon suggested. I do not suggest this, but I scraped the food out with a blunt toothpick. That can aggravate the wound and make the healing process longer.
>>
Dry sockets are incredibly painful.

You probably are just looking at the holes where your teeth used to be. It takes months for your gums to fill them out. You usually get a syringe from the dentist to wash the holes out after every meal

I had my wisdom teeth out in October and just recently stopped using the syringe. It takes awhile.

Just phone the dentist and ask if your worried about it
>>
>>36012013
>>36012086
Who said anything about the OP or anyone else who has an actual problem that warrants the removal procedure? You are the one making assumptions. The question was not aimed at any single individual.

Getting your wisdom teeth pulled when they are growing properly serves no purpose but to pad the banks accounts of dentists.
>>
If you're not in pain then it's probably not a dry socket.

Contact your oral surgeon and talk to someone at his office. They have the answers to all your questions.

Or if you don't want to do that. Post your questions on a healthcare forum. I'm sure there's a bunch of there that would give you better info than /fit/
>>
>>36012253
They're dissolvable stitches, they were loose so I kind of took them out
>>36012206
If Dry Sockets happen a lot of the time there's nothing you can do to prevent them, faggot. It's about how the tooth is taken out then the gums stitches up
>>36012296
Squirt salt water with what? I never got anything
>>36012304
I'll ask for a syringe tomorrow, thanks bro
>>36012309
They rarely grow properly in white people for whatever reason
>>36012412
Will do, thanks man
>>
they will fix you up at the dentist, probably a week before you can eat without actively trying to avoid that area, a month before it's like nothing happened.

I had mine out a few months back, after the surgery I had a shard of bone sticking through the gum the dentist somehow missed, it was pure agony, not a dry socket but the same effect. i was up at 3am pacing my house waiting for the dentist to open. Go in and he just looks at it and goes yeah ok we'll have to do a quick bone trim. fucking bone trim. gets some pliers, cuts it back then filed it down. that hurt.
>>
>>36012476
>Squirt salt water with what? I never got anything

Go to the chemist and ask for a syringe for it
>>
File: wisdom.jpg (87 KB, 1040x1387) Image search: [Google]
wisdom.jpg
87 KB, 1040x1387
Who /5 wisdom teeth removed while awake/ here?
>>
>>36012817
Being a hermit living in the deep dark woods I needed to be awake for the drive back to the cave.

Remember gauzing back of the mouth beginning to look like a puffy hamster cheeks when replacing it pulled off the clot. Driving while dumbed out of my ass with hydrocodine to buy more gauze.

Had ninja turtle face action going on. Already ugly as it is, thank you body trying to heal itself.
>>
>>36012540
Nigga you better have been numbed to shit. If I press down the hole and feel my bone its like getting stabbed.
>>36012807
The chemist? What is that? I was going to try a pharmacy or something
>>36013348
They didn't lete drive, though they did use the IV and Nitrus and numbing shots, I just wouldn't go out for whatever reason - though I am a big guy
>>
Was a terrible experience for me. My bottom right was sitting on the nerve - nerve got damaged and I am now permanently, but only partially, numb from the right half of my bottom lip to about the mid-right section of my jaw.

As far as recovery... I too did not get this "magical" cleaning syringe the first few days - reason being, squirting the wounds too soon can CAUSE a dry socket because it will destroy the fresh scabs.

But even once I got the squirter, and a special cleaning/rinsing solution that kills bacteria, I was in hell for 3 weeks. After the first week, food was getting stuck in the holes and rotting no matter how much I tried cleaning them out. I guess I just sucked at it in the right spot because every trip back to the dentist, they were able to clean them out for me no problem, and the pain went away.

But trust me man, if you get food stuck down there and it rots, you'll barely be able to sleep the pain is so bad - this was with Percocet as well. I ended up using 40 pills over 2 weeks time, and about a month after my surgery when I thought all was well, my right side swelled up like a baseball overnight. Went back to the dentist the next day and sure enough, infected. Had to cut it back open, clean it out, and stitch me up while I was wide awake - didn't really hurt thanks to a lot of anesthetic, but it was a horrible experience. Tons of pain again for a few days, and another 20 percs. Drugs were nice since I'd never had pain pills before, but the surgery experience was terrible.
>>
>>36011540
Dry sockets were the worst pain I have ever had. Got mine pulled last November and I still have open holes. Keep them clean. Could last a week, could last months.
>>
This thread is terrifying, I have to get mine out eventually because apparently they're impacted but not painful yet. I'm a huge wuss, this is going to kill me.
>>
>>36011540
Fell for the wisdom teeth meme. Let me guess you have a mutilated dick too?
>>
Oh yeah, one of my genetic tradeoffs. I have zero wisdom teeth but on the top row I'm missing a tooth, have a small peg tooth, and needed braces as a kid.

I think I'm thankful for the lack of wisdom teeth desu.
>>
>>36011540
Took about a month for me OP. Make sure you clean that out though, otherwise food gets stuck in there and rots
>>
>>36011540
Are you that same motherfucker who was posting on here worried about getting a dry socket like a week ago?
>>
>>36013809
Dude same here. I'm fucking 25 and I hear it's riskier as an adult. I don't want an infection or nerve damage
>>
>>36014313
I'm also 25. I dunno man, they don't hurt or anything, I just hope it works itself out.
>>
>>36014349
Im not in any pain either. The dentist thought they'd never come through but a week ago I felt one of them. I thought it was some stuck popcorn and then I felt a little tooth. I hope they just stop or something.
>>
>>36012817
had all four removed while awake with local anesthesia. Its a really weird feeling, like he was tapping on it and rocking back and forth

the week after was incredibly annoying. Not even painful, just the swelling get on my nerves
>>
>>36014387
>I thought it was some stuck popcorn and then I felt a little tooth. I hope they just stop or something.
I felt this way. I've had braces for 1.5yrs and the straighter my teeth get the more I feel my wisdom teeth trying to pop through and fuck everything up.
>>
>>36011995
They don't remove them unless they're fucking up other teeth

Mine are good so I get to keep em
>>
File: 397.jpg (22 KB, 447x400) Image search: [Google]
397.jpg
22 KB, 447x400
>mfw don't need wisdom teeth taken out
thank the fucking lord
>>
>tfw wisdom teeth taken out 10 days ago
>tfw absolute dream, hardly any pains, holes closed up already, the day of the surgery i felt great, minus a little numbness
desu you guys got shitty dentists
also take chlorella afterwards
>>
>>36011540
Nigger, if you aren't in pain then it's not a dry socket. I got one when I got my wisdom theet pulled, and it started to really hurt like 2 hous later, for 2 days.
>>
>>36011540
>be genetically advanced
>never have to get wisdom teeth removed
>too smart to do anything but watch anime
feels good senpai
>>
>>36011540
I'm refusing to get mine yanked until I have some kind of issue that prompts it. Apparently the "side effects" of having them pulled too late have the same incidence of getting them pulled at all.

Who else wait and see here?
>>
File: 1424101524382.jpg (112 KB, 607x624) Image search: [Google]
1424101524382.jpg
112 KB, 607x624
>>36011540
>How long does this shit take to heal?
2-4 weeks. However, I wasnt comfortable eating with that side (got one side done first). For almost 6 months. Im so glad Im done with my wisdoms
>>
>>36011995
Is getting your wisdoms removed not a thing in yurop
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.