[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/qtddtot/ General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: fooshbwah.jpg (22 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
fooshbwah.jpg
22 KB, 275x183
new bread, old one is close to death

QTDDTOT

/feels/ edition
>>
File: highfreg.jpg (27 KB, 479x414) Image search: [Google]
highfreg.jpg
27 KB, 479x414
if smoking weed doesn't effect my motivation, is there any other reason not to smoke it?
>>
>>36009125
lung capacity, long term loss of iq?

at the very least don't smoke and lift, almost blew my back out trying to squat a pr while out of my mind on some cashew butter.
>>
File: Image-6999.jpg (109 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Image-6999.jpg
109 KB, 500x750
Which exercise should I do to gain muscle (this look on pic related)? Abs? Back?

Ty
>>
>>36009590
Chin-ups are GOAT, lat pulldowns and pendlay rows also
>>
how to deal with the ego lifter at my gym who never puts back his weight? hes lanky balding and 1/4 squats 215 with awful form.
>>
Currently doing a 5 day workout week that goes like:
Mon - Upper,
Tues - Lower
Weds - Rest
Thurs - Upper
Fri - Lower
Sat - Upper
Sun - Rest

I've started doing an interval training class on a Sunday. Should I shift my rest day to Saturday and do two workouts (one class, one weights) that day or should I continue as I am with only one day of true rest per week? Layne Norton's Power/Hypertrophy routine, if it affects your response.
>>
>>36009697
can you take him in a fight? do you have the balls to stand up for yourself if he confronts you?

if yes to both, talk to him like an adult.

if no to either, continue cleaning up after him like the bitch you are.

or just tattle to management. perfectly legitimate.
>>
>>36009617
Thanks mate, will look into it
>>
>>36009747
do you only talk to people you could beat up theoretically?
>>
Some guy in the old thread said that if you eat too much oats raw you wont digest them all and you will poop out oats, thus hurting your anus while pooping

is this true?
>>
Hey guise, I'm a piano player that plays at least six hours per day, but who has never made any kind of exercise. As a result of that, I started getting problems with my cervical, my lumbar region and my forearms. The part with the most problems is the cervical, and my kinesiologist told me to start swimming in order to get stronger and able to maintain a piano playing routine without having more health problems. Now, the thing is that I don't have the money to go to a pool, so I don't really know what to do. She told me that I could do some other things, but wasn't specific at all, and that the safest thing that I could do was to swim. If that wasn't enough, she also told me that I can't lift some weight in order to get strong forearms right now, which I need, because the muscles there are hurt now and would only get worse.

I've been wanting to get /fit/ since some time, and thought that this could be the perfect moment for that, not only exercising until I can play the piano without problems but rather continue after that with a good routine in order to achieve a strong level of fitness.

So where can I start?

I made a thread about this but everyone kept telling me to read the sticky, which I already read. Thing is it doesn't cover this particular condition of mine in which I was told by the doctor to exercise to get stronger, but didn't tell me how aside of swimming, even when he told me that there are other things that I could do.
>>
>>36009782
no, but i don't go around telling people what to do if i don't have an option of recourse if they say 'no'

like usually it's "i'm your boss, do it" or "i have references and reasons to support my argument, do it"

but if you start telling the ego lifter what to do and he gets sour and or confrontational, your only option is to be a bitch or take a beating, probably both.
>>
>>36009802
What's the exact condition?

Honestly, if you're the pasty nerd you sound like, swimming is an excellent place to get started, and you should find a way to make it happen.
>>
>>36009831

>be you
>be in gym
>some guy doesn't put his weights back
>"yo put back them weights"
>"no"
>start fight
>>
>>36009840
You are the nerd, but I have no way of starting to swim. I am studying and going to the doctor, and all my money is spent there. The condition is what I explained before, my practice routine is too heavy (minimum six hours per day) for my level of fitness, so my forearms' muscles got bad and my lumbar and cervical too. I gotta make them stronger without hurting them. The doctor did tell me that there are other stuff that I could do aside of swimming, but wasn't too specific, and I'm not going to see her in some time so I'm searching for some advice here.
>>
>>36009858
yeah.

basically.
>>
File: bodyweight.jpg (2 MB, 2481x6600) Image search: [Google]
bodyweight.jpg
2 MB, 2481x6600
>>36009894
there you go, no equipment needed and will give you a good basic fitness level. Will help with all your problems - make sure you work your abs (stomach) to help with core strength, making the back pain go away
>>
>>36009950
Thanks dude!
>>
>>36009800
You'd have to be eating a fuck load of raw oats to starting pooping them out in large amounts.

>>36009723
Try it both ways for a few weeks each and see which you recover better from.

>>36009590
Vertical pulling (chins/pullups/lat pulldowns).

Horizontal pulls (rows, etc.) aren't a bad idea either.
>>
Is 25-30 bf% too fat to use yohimbine?
>>
Does it get better once you make it? Are you finally happy

I just squat and stare into the mirror at the gym, telling myself it'll be better when I'm happy with my body. My mentality will be better. Just keep going.

When does life stop shitting on you
>>
File: 130721_swisse_mens_ultivite.jpg (48 KB, 199x298) Image search: [Google]
130721_swisse_mens_ultivite.jpg
48 KB, 199x298
I've got a workout routine for A B C days (push, pull and legs). How should I rest? On fourth day? on fourth + fifth? Not at all?
When on a rest day, can I fill with pure cardio? (e.g boxing, jogging).

These men's multivitamin pills, fish oil pills etc seem to be something I just might as well do. Is there any disadvantages at all? (I don't have any specific disorders that require them, just think extra healthiness). If so, what ones do you recommend?

I've calculated my TDEE at 2690 cal a day. (work as a bank teller, with 1 hr each day allocated to intensive gym). I want to cut for a while, and I've made a diet plan consisting of 2100 calories each day.
I'm 18 yr old male, 5'11. How are these calorie figures for a healthy cutting diet? I'm not trying to get massive just yet, I'm basically trying for ottermode at this stage.

Cheers
>>
How can I mix weight training with other forms of exercise? I do Judo, swimming, yoga and hiking pretty often and it leaves me too tired to go to the gym every other day, which is messing up my regular routine. I think I need one full body compound workout which I can do whenever I'm feeling up to it but I don't know what I could do for that.

>>36010353
Don't neglect everything else in life. Lifting is only a part of bettering yourself. You have to do many other things as well.
>>
>>36010452
ss + gomad, drink milk during hikes
>>
>>36010353
In my case, yes, but with the caveat that my happiness has always been tied to the appearance of my body and I'm only now reaching levels of baseline acceptance and grudging contentment at 25. If your happiness is dependent on other things, you'll have to work on those issues and I hope lifting and a better physique both help you with that. Good luck, anon. Seems like you're doing well.
>>
>>36010157
Ty. Much appreciated bruh.
>>
>>36010489
SS consists of 2 workouts
>>
How many beers can I have before protein synthesis is affected? I know alcohol also inhibits fat burning. How many beers can I have in one sitting before gains are harmed?
>>
>>36010490
I'm not doing well, man. I'm not going to make it.
>>
>>36010557
Why do you think that?
>>
>>36010530
0. You might experience a slight boost in testosterone by consuming alcohol after working out, but every other effect it has on myocytic anabolism is negative.
>>
>>36010629
Even if just one beer? So, in other words, no beer if I want gains?
>>
>>36010648
No beer if you want optimal gains. One or two won't undo all your progress provided the rest of your diet is in check. Up to you whether the beer is worth it to you. Also up to your body how drastic the effects beer has on you are. You might consider abstaining from or limiting your intake of beer for 2-3 weeks and then drinking beer again to see how it affects you.

Keep in mind I'm just an anonymous guy who rarely drinks because of hearsay and a few abstracts I've read online vis-a-vis alcohol and gains.
>>
About to go teach myself to power clean. Any advice before I sever my spine?
>>
First week in the gym ever here, I'm trying to find a good amount of weight to bench press but I start shaking and wobbling the bar like mad before I can even get to a weight that feels like what I can bench.

Is this normal? Will it start stabilizing after a few weeks?
>>
>>36010757
take it slow, take it light

you're not going to get it even close the first couple weeks, take plenty of form videos, talk to OWG, and research research research
>>
>>36010757
practise with only the bar elevated on some plates
>>
>>36010707
Thanks Guc.
>>
>>36010768
>Is this normal? Will it start stabilizing after a few weeks?
Yes. Yes.

You can do some dumbell presses to get a feel for it quicker.
>>
How do you pronounce "dyel"?
>>
How much glutes does squats actually works? Am I doing a balanced routine with only squats and deadlifts for legal?
>>
>>36009093
I'm a beginner and I just can't do a full chin-up/pull-up. By that I mean I can't get myself up at all when my arms are fully extended and I'm hanging above the ground. If I start doing them when I can reach the ground and my arms aren't fully extended I can do like 3-5 if I don't fully extend my arms when I go down that is.

What muscles do I train to fix this?
>>
>>36010939
depends on what kind of squat

low bar, with proper knees-behind-toes form, lotta glute work

high bar, less glute, more quad

front, most quad
>>
>>36010933
I Think you just say "do you even lift"
>>
If I'm doing a 5x5 split how many of those five reps should be warm up? Should I do a warm up set then 5 sets all at the same weight? or increase weight each set. What I've been doing is a warm up set then go up a weight for the next set then do three sets at max five rep weight.
>>
>>36010933
Die-ell
>>
>>36010939
why? if you want dat Booty go ATG
>>
>>36010952
How low is low bar? I rest the bar on my traps when I squat, is that high or low?
>>
>>36010939
Hip thrusts work the glutes better than squats, but many powerlifers and athletes don't bother with them and still have nice asses.

>>36010952
Not true:
>Comparing back and front squats, both Contreras et al. (2015b) and Yavuz et al. (2015) found that front and back squats displayed equal levels of muscle activity (with the same relative loads).
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26252837
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25630691

>The barbell hip thrust elicited significantly greater mean (69.5% vs 29.4%) and peak (172% vs 84.9%) upper gluteus maximus, mean (86.8% vs 45.4%) and peak (216% vs 130%) lower gluteus maximus, and mean (40.8% vs 14.9%) and peak (86.9% vs 37.5%) biceps femoris EMG activity than the back squat.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26214739
>>
File: high-bar-vs-low-bar-on-back.jpg (93 KB, 580x212) Image search: [Google]
high-bar-vs-low-bar-on-back.jpg
93 KB, 580x212
>>36011041
>>
>>36011041
thats high bar, rest on the traps, low bar rests on rear delts, watch videos. hinge at hips first and look down 10 ft in front of you. also how deep do you go? going past parallel increases hamstring and glute activation.
>>
are protein shakes (with powder of course) worth it when im cutting alot?

of course watching the calories of it
>>
Are green beans good for gains? 100 calories for 8g protein seems fair, especially considering fiber and vitamin content.
>>
I'm a male, why the fuck do store fat in my hips/love handles? why?
>>
File: Snapchat-2824755396975085873-2.jpg (352 KB, 1416x2081) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2824755396975085873-2.jpg
352 KB, 1416x2081
What lowerback excercises should I do?
>>
>>36011078
>going past parallel increases hamstring
It doesn't.
Hamstring activity peaks at the sticking point.

>>36011107
They're basically pure protein, so yes.

>>36011121
The protein is lower quality than protein from eggs, milk or meat, but beans are still good food.

>>36011135
Genetics.

>>36011137
Deadlifts and squats (with a straight back).
>>
Yo, legal or not to buy pure ephedrine hcl from a source in the uk? Cant find good information.
>>
>>36010940
Are you a fatass? You cant be 35%bf and do these. Chin-ups are all back, imo. Rows would be good, maybe presses. Honestly tho chin ups get you better at chin ups.
>>
>>36011143
thanks ( they say that in qtddtot ? lol)
>>
>>36010971
Warmups are seperate from the 5x5.
So first do all warmup sets, then do 5 sets of 5 reps with the working set weight.

Example:
20kg x 10
40kg x 5
50kg x 4
60kg x 3
65kg x 2

70kg x 5
70kg x 5
70kg x 5
70kg x 5
70kg x 5
>>
What do I do about the calluses on my hands at the base of my fingers? They hurt like fuck on just about every single lift. Will a manicure do anything or will I have to get them surgically removed? Need to do something about it before one gets fucking ripped off at the gym.
>>
>>36010940
you need to losse weight m8

also train arms in the process
>>
>>36011176
Nail clippers work for me.
>>
Am I not entitled to noob gains if I stopped lifting two years ago? I'm doing starting strength on a cut and I've made absolutely no progress in three weeks.
>>
>>36011176
leave them , the time will make those a pair of invisble gloves and it will never hurt again

in my case i cut them with nail clippers cuz im a fag
>>
>>36011238
Your body has evolved.
>>
How how good is this for a push day?
Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5

Seated (or Standing) Barbell Overhead Press: 3x5

Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5

Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12

Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12

Arnold Press: 3x8-10

Dumbbell Press: 3x6-10
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise (like skullcrushers): 3x8-12

Weighted Dips: 3x6-8
>>
>>36011071
Is there a middle bar squat? Cuz I think I rest the in a midway point going by those pics.
>>36011078
I go ass to grass.
>>
Doing SL, after deadlifts today my abdomination muscles are slightly sore just under my sternum - is this normal? I'm starting to get into weights that are actually working my muscles now.
>>
>>36011486
Most people do either high bar or low bar, but I've done "middle" bar a few times too.

Don't go ass to grass.
Go only as deep as your mobility allows.
That is, go as deep as you can while keeping a completely straight back.

>>36011498
Yes, that's normal.
Be sure to keep a straight back by focusing on tightening your core.
>>
are stomach vacuums legit?
>>
>>36011512
Thanks! I'm glad I didn't fuck it up.
>>
What exactly does the lifting belt do?
>>
My left shoulder keeps crackling when I do lateral raises. Am I going to die, and what do?
>>
I've decided to start doing calf raises. My gym doesn't have one of those seated machines that I've used in the past, so my choices here are standing with a barbell, or the Smith machine.

I know the Smith machine gets a lot of grief here, but could the calf raise be one exercise where the Smith machine might actually be useful/preferred?
>>
>>36009093
gang

going for a 1RM on leg machine tomorrow

restarted gym at 140kg in october
december was on 200kg
managed to push 190 with one leg on friday
managed 130 with my right 3 weeks ago

had 2 days rest and gonna warm up as well as possible

will my 1rm be 320kg or will it be higher as i'll be balanced (and well rested/warmed up/braced etc etc. I'm really hoping to achieve 350 for 3 reps
>>
>>36009125
It lowers test and gives you problems with memory and concentration.
>>
File: tumblr_o0hzjm5vsh1tdgwh0o1_500.jpg (70 KB, 450x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0hzjm5vsh1tdgwh0o1_500.jpg
70 KB, 450x750
do you dudes start to get weird when you're cutting and start getting into single digit bodyfat? I can see myself acting like a fucking weirdo. Like my emotions and reactions to things seem fake as fuck like a sociopath. Probably just the emotions being stirred around from cutting
>>
File: BOspr_6CUAAFCVf.jpg (24 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
BOspr_6CUAAFCVf.jpg
24 KB, 550x413
1.5 month beginner on SS making good strength gains, but still pretty weak. Pic related is my ultimate goal body. I know it'll take a shit load of time and effort to get it and SS isn't gonna make me look like that. I'd guess a bro split with swimming and lots of upper body. At what point should I switch from SS to a routine that will get me this body? In 6 months? A year? Whenever I get to a certain strength? Again I know it'll take a lot of time but I at least want to set some goals so I know when to progress.
(Still pretty auschwitz mode at 6'0" 135 lbs, up from 125. Stats: Bench 90. Squat 140. Deadlift 140. OHP 60. Row 100.)
>>
>>36009093
Just started doing body weight squats every day because physical issues prevent more strenuous exercises. Should I be doing stretches, and stuff while my thighs are sore ? They feel hella tight right now.
>>
>>36012564
Any reason why you think do this? do you think you're going crazy or what?
>>
>>36012591
do static stretches after your workout. best to do it while you are still warm.
>>
>>36012573
once you hit 150 pound OHP 200 pound bench 300 pound squat and 350 DL. Make ss more focused on upper body by putting in curls pull ups and dips add weight to pull ups and dips when you can.
>>
I just started squatting about 5 weeks ago (After ~6 month of lifting and doing leg press instead) because I've always had shit form and knee problems (Still kind of have knee problems, but they're not getting in the way of the squat, only pain the day after). But I've been getting insane DOMS from it. For the next two days after, my quads are sore as fuck.

I was put on some shitty brosplit a mate put me on before I ever came to /fit/, but I've just started SS and it's killing me. Is this normal for DOMS, will it just go away again like it did from everywhere else?
>>
>>36010952
Is it better to work quads or glutes? I think I've been doing low-bar because that seems to be what's described in Rip's videos.
>>
So Im doing farmer's walks and the one thing I wonder about is exactly what to focus on. Is it the distance I walk with the weight? Just holding the weight? Why not just stand in place holding them?
>>
>>36013109
>Why not just stand in place holding them?

because its a farmers walk, not a fatass stand
>>
Hi /fit/ recovering skelly here,

For the past few months ive been doing a full body work out 3-4 times a week, and have been making strength gains. Recently a friend of mine who is totally full natty brah and uses protein powders told me i should actually be doing splits to drastically increase mass. I always thought that because im not taking anything I should be working on everything more frequently than a simple split since my muscle synthesis(not sure if this is correct term) would be in a shorter window. Should I continue full body workout or start some bro splits?
>>
considering dropping my gym membership for home workout. What will I be missing most of all?
>>
>>36009831
exactly how often have you seen a fistfight break out in a gym? i don't get this /fit/ meme of "if you speak to anyone bigger than you they will immediately beat you to death for being a tiny faggot with nogainz"

i mean, yes, if we're talking about some 300 lb roided out meathead with aggression issues, yes, but i highly doubt your average guy in your average gym is willing to go down on assault charges for sucker punching someone over gym etiquette mid-workout
>>
>>36010648
i've read different shit than the other guy, i guess, but it seems to me you don't need to worry about alcohol in moderation. don't drink every day, try to keep it to two or three drinks when you're just having alcohol for the hell of it, and binge drink as infrequently as you can, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>36010768
i'd def recommend dumbbell presses instead. much better as a beginner because the wobbling is less of an issue, and you don't need to worry about dropping the bar on your neck or some shit like that either
>>
ive seen some people get the 2.5 lb plates before in each hand and extented there arms out then spinning them, what kind of warm is this?
>>
File: 1433775285695.jpg (69 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1433775285695.jpg
69 KB, 600x800
How much over TDEE a body can process with storing extra calories to the fat? If my TDEE is ~2200 and I eat ~6000 daily does it mean that all 3800 extra call will be processed and stored as fat?
>>
How do I know what order to do each workout? Basically SS to be specific.
>>
>>36009093
i've never heard this talked much about on /fit/ but doesn't the body return more easily to a stronger state after a long absence of activity and muscle decay?
>>
>>36013941
yes
>>
>>36009093
Is an ATG 315 squat good?
>>
I've heard soy (edamame beans specifically for the source of it) is bad to eat in larger quantities when losing weight/increase estrogen. How true is this?
>>
>>36014127
for reps? ye
>>
>5'7"
>135 lbs
Should I just kill myself?

Going to weight myself tomorrow at the gym, if I'm still losing weight I'm gonna shoot myself
>>
>>36013109
Farmers walks are like squats and deadlifts. Focus on weight or distance, but the point is to engage core, not let go, keep it tight, and have control. Go heavy but ensure reasonable distance
>>
>>36014199
milk has more estrogen in it yet everyone here claims it's the GOAT for bulking, so take what you want from that
>>
>>36014515
Comes with est, gives zinc for test
>>
>>36014515
it is what every mammal drinks in order to put on weight as fast as possible for the past few million years . There might be something to it.
>>
>>36012237
Smith is fine for calf raises man
>>
File: 1394334818046.gif (3 MB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
1394334818046.gif
3 MB, 267x199
Underwear that fit my thighs are too loose on my waist, and underwear that fit my waist are too tight on my thighs.

Does anyone here have a go-to brand of underwear they'd recommend?
>>
>Lifting is simple!
>Read this 500 pages manual about how to lift properly
Fuck you. God damn.
>>
>>36014595
>it is what every mammal drinks in order to put on weight as fast as possible for the past few million years
>*baby mammal
Fixed if for you
>>
Apart from peanuts, what is something that is cheap that I can snack on with good amounts of protein?
>>
File: 30-Day-Abs-Challenge.jpg (104 KB, 736x533) Image search: [Google]
30-Day-Abs-Challenge.jpg
104 KB, 736x533
Would this be bad to do as-is, without rest days?
>>
>>36014917
It's not super cheap, but I just bought 2 pounds of almonds for like $20 because I like to snack on them. I didn't think 2 pounds of them would be that much, but it's not that bad for the price
>>
Busted my shit on some ice that was hidden under fluffy snow.
When I slipped, my foot fell in a position that would normally end up with a sprained ankle, but instead I heard a small crack like when you crack your knuckles. My ankle didn't sprain but a tendon on the top of my foot feels busted. For the first couple days, I couldn't move my toes without screaming.
I can walk with it but there's a bit of pain every now and then. How likely is it to be a serious injury?
>>
Sore joints at the groin from doing hip squats? Not sure what I did wrong but if I squeeze my buttocks they hurt right at the joints near pelvis.

Think I'm doing something wrong with squats?
>>
>>36009093
I just complete my medium intensity cardio day, on a 200-300 cut.
I just did an hour in the pool and I am starving, what should I eat or should I take a protein scoop in water if I'm already at my limit today?

I'm curious because this swim, now that I'm getting better at it is basically a chest and tri workout.
>>
Shoe recommendations for men?

Gonna be using them mostly indoors at a gym.

I've worn shitty shoes for many years, and now that I finally have some money, I think I'll be able to finally work out without my feet killing me for the wrong reasons.
>>
Soul crushing misery

how do I cure it? Already went to the gym twice
>>
>>36015150
Go to the gym
>>
Are the sit down exercise bikes good or should I use the elliptical?

I need to lose weight or my heart will go out so I have no choice but to exercise now.

I am 6'1" and 270 lbs so I have a LONG way to go
>>
>>36015401
probably goes down to personal preference, although if you decide to do HIIT on them you will end up looking like a autist on the elliptical...
>>
>>36015416
Well if they are equally effective I would prefer the bike since I could more easily use my phone to watch shit while I exercise
>>
>>36015442
>I could more easily use my phone to watch shit while I exercise

For fucks sake
>>
>>36015454
Too boring otherwise
>>
Usually I go to the gym after work. Today, I went in the morning because my shift pattern changed for the week.

I had no power whatsoever in my squat. I couldn't even finish 3x3 of what I was doing 3x5 on Friday. What gives, /fit/? Is it because I was lifting in the morning?
>>
Am I the only one who hates dumbbell bench? It feels so awkward I always look like a retard trying to pick them up and laying back and pushing up. By the time I get to heavier dumbells I will get stuck or drop them. Goddamn do I feel awkward. Much prefer barbell bench press.
>>
>>36015542

Just to further this; when I unracked the weight, I immediately felt like something was off and it felt like far too much. I did one rep with it, and then deloaded. Did I make the right call to deload?
>>
Does Creatine help at all with running? Ive read several places that you get water retention and that just about it.
>>
File: 1454018785840.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1454018785840.webm
2 MB, 640x640
Can I use an EZ curl bar for SL 5x5 bicep curls?
Also how much do the curl bars weigh on their own?
>>
>>36009125
vape weed instead
this guy is full of shit >>36009560
>>
CALLING CAMB

PLEASE RESPOND!
>>
why are women so fucking weak or let's say disproportional in strength?
I have yet to see a woman in my gym (there are a lot of female powerlifters) who benches more than 2 plates with a fucking suit on. Without suit it's like 60kg tops. Non-powerlifting chick are often not even able to bench an empty bar for just one rep.
Also almost none of them can do a single pullup.
Yet I've seen a lot of them squatting 140kg+ with equipment and maybe 120kg raw.
>>
>>36016145
>What is testosterone
>>
> lifting for 6 months
> 6' 160lb skinnyfat
> pretty lean except love handles/tummy

is creatine a good idea if I want to get to ottermode?

is the bloat real?
>>
>>36014927
I think there is nothing really wrong with it, even though crunches are not the best of exercises, I've heard.

I already do planks every morning along with pushups. Thinking about putting in pullups as well.
>>
>>36015038
A doctor should tell you. Sounds pretty bad if you can't move your toes without severe pain.

I'm no doctor, but from my experience, the only time when I could not move my limbs or parts of my body without screaming was when I broke a bone or some serious tendon injury.

Or just wait two or three days while trying to rest it. If it does not improve, doctor.
>>
>>36015488
dubious dubs

Not even sure if trolling or not. If you are not prepared to be bored for a couple hours to save your heart, you might as well die.
>>
>>36016325
Creatine will help you build muscle, not gain fat. The 'bloat' is water retention and minimal. You might look a bit poofy when on it but if you need to look slimmer for a party or something similar you simply stop taking it for a few days and the water retention goes away.
>>
>>36016145
Their upper body is super weak, their lower has more potential for strength. They also have like 1/10th of the testosterone we have. They're girls, that's just how they are.
>>
>>36016145
saw some really fat chick at the gym at midnight, she was benching the bar + 2x 10kg

was actually impressed
>>
How much sleep do you guys get?

About 9 hours per night here, less then 7.5 and I'm completely useless the whole day
>>
pre-wo says i should take it ~30minutes before working out

does that mean the greatest benefit is at the 30 minute mark?
i hit the gym after work so i'm tired as fuck, i canot get through 5x5 compounds withut some sort of boost
>>
>>36016400
thanks anon
>>
>>36016431
Why?
>>
>>36016438
No, it means it needs about 30 minutes to kick in. It'll last for a while after that.
>>
>>36016432
You are normal
>>
>>36016432
7-8 works nicely for me. Depends on the person though.

>>36015975
Yes.

Curl bars vary in weight by manufacturer. I've seen anywhere from 15 - 25 pounds.

>>36015939
It can give a slight performance boost. It's not night and day difference, though.

>>36015554
It takes some getting used to. My gym only has 3 barbell benches and 8 or so places for dumbbell work, so I'd rather suck it up and do dumbbell press than wait 30 minutes for a barbell.

>>36015140
For lifting? Try some sort of cheap flat soled shoe to start out. Chucks or Vans are easily accessible.

>>36015122
One day of more exercise when at a slight deficit won't matter too much either way, especially if your protein intake is sufficient. If you feel like adding a scoop, go for it.

>>36015001
Doctor.

>>36014443
Body composition means more than raw weight. Stop obsessing over how small you are.

>>36013882
The order in which they're listed.

>>36013877
Anything not used for tissue repair is stored as fat. Figuring out that exact amount is useless because nutrient partitioning is never 100% for lean tissue anyway - any surplus will always be split between fat storage and LBM creation.

>>36013446
Depends on what equipment you have.

>>36013397
Depends entirely on the setup of the full body workout and the brosplit in question.

>>36012950
Normal. Soreness from DOMS tends to be much higher with free weights, squats included. At least part of that is from stabilization.

>>36012470
>1rm on a leg machine

Why

But no. Always assume it's lower than what you expect.

>>36012169
We'd need to see your form.

>>36011587
Gives your abs something to brace against, increasing core stability. It does jack shit if you don't know how to brace/Valsalva.

>>36011516
Yes. They work the transverse abdominis.

>>36011474
That's a shit ton of volume, especially on the triceps.

>>36011146
It's an illegal dietary supplement. Stick to Chesteze over the counter.
>>
Last time I was at the gym I benched 55kg 5x5.
On the last set I went to failure and did 10 reps.
Next time I bench should I increase to 57.5kg or just go for 60kg?
>>
>>36016431
I saw some disabled woman with a wheelchair bench 50kg. Beat that.
>>
>>36016772
Nah, wouldn't be a fair fight.
>>
>>36013843
the weighted rotating pelican
>>
>>36016772
It's her legs/spine that are messed up, not her arms and chest. Why would it matter?
>>
>>36016680
if you're doing 5x5 yet can go for a full 10 reps, for your final set not less, you're lifting WAY too low
>>
Hit my protein macro for the day. Should I still have that steak?
>>
>>36017049
ofcourse!
whatever it takes!
>>
How can i reduce strain on the knees during deadlifts?
If i continue like that i mess myself up.
>>
>>36017472
Do SLDLs.
If you're having patella tracking issues (lateral quad stronger than medial quad), then sumo DLs might be better than conventional.
>>
Does anyone have trappys girl workout I need it for a girl im trying to help/bang pretty please senpai.
>>
Is it okey to do bench press alone? What if i can't get it up again at the end of my reps ?
>>
>>36017503
Thanky you :)
>>
>>36017522
Roll of shame.
>>
File: Capture.png (5 KB, 205x124) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
5 KB, 205x124
Currently doing a basic routine that looks like pic related, only really been going 2x a week but I want to get more serious and start going 4 times (MTxTFxx) and would like some routine suggestions.

Should I just keep this routine and do ABxABxx or should I change it up a bit? Mainly just interesting in the main lifts because I'm still weak af but I'd like to do a few accessories too.

Background: I'm 6'3 80kg pretty skinny still, lifting casually for like a year now.

Bench is probably my worst lift so are there any decent accessories to do to help with it?

Thanks.
>>
Is it retarded to do bench 3x5 aiming for strength, but also to do something like chest press for 3x12 to get some hypertrophy too. Like, am I getting the best of both worlds or am I just kinda fucking up both?
>>
>>36017645
Perfectly fine.
>>
File: 2016-15-2--15-53-22.png (1 MB, 851x1266) Image search: [Google]
2016-15-2--15-53-22.png
1 MB, 851x1266
>>36009093
How to deal with back acne and acne scars?
>>
>>36017739
Eating less fat works great for me.
>>
Best hypertrophy exercises for forearms? Want them to look huge. Ideal rep/sets for these exercises?
>>
What is the golfers/tennis elbow condition and how is this a problem when it comes to lifting?
>>
FUCK

It's been a month and all my lifts are going up

EXCEPT assisted pull ups. For some fucking reason I've been stalled at 110 lbs assistance at 3x10 litterally since I started lifting. I'm bigger, even my rows have gone up, but nope can't do a fuckin pullup to save my life.

How do I start making progress?
>>
>>36017832
Repeated stress injury of the tendons in the elbow.
>>
>>36017859
h-how do i know if i have this and how can i prevent it anon?
>>
I try to do cardio on days I don't lift, but I always feel tired/weak as fuck the next day and I'm not sure if I should. Should I just stop being a pussy and go do cardio on non-lift days?

Also, what's the maximum amount of time I should be doing cardio on those days? I do 30 mins of cardio for warm-up on days I lift. Should it be the same or should I go longer?

Cutting right now fwiw
>>
when do I stop doing a full body workout and swap to something else? I've been on ICF for 4 months, now I am cutting and lifts aren't getting up. What do?
>>
Why does squeezing your abs help keep a straight back during squats and deadlifts? I know it works; it just seems counterintuitive. I mean I also squeeze my abs to do situps.
>>
When following a routine should you do the exercises in the order given?
>>
Are Rippetoe Curls (as described in the SS book) a good accessory. Anyone here used them and been happy with the results?
>>
how do I increase my endurance?
>>
>>36017905
>I do 30 mins of cardio for warm-up on days I lift
Stop this immediately.
>>
I have a bit of a cold today. Should I still hit the gym or should I leave it until next time?
>>
I'm starting SL today and have a couple questions.

My gym doesn't have a squat rack, am I going to kill myself doing squats?

I'm afraid my legs might fail and my neck will get shattered.

Also, when practicing form for the barbell row I feel pain in my lower back.

Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>36018643
Should I do anything for a warm up?
>>
>>36009093
Is it considered poor etiquette to not remove your handle from the cable machine after you're finished that exercise? I never thought it was until some old fuck had a go at me because I left my rope attachment on it.
>>
I was doing front squats yesterday and while I was warming up I must've locked my knees harder than normal because I felt a sharp pain (no pops or tears thankfully) when I got to the top. I kept going, being careful not to 100% lock out, and it only hurt a little while I was at the top of a squat. What the fuck was it? I can't find anything online about it
>>
>>36019021
*the pain was in the middle of my knee behind my kneecap
>>
>>36018863

If you're rowing as per what it says on the SL site, then you need to squeeze your arse, squeeze your stomach and squeeze your lats. That helped get rid of back issues for me.
>>
>>36018967
No, you can leave it on
>>
do I need zinc if I eat chicken breast daily? what about magnesium, would that benefit me?
also my diet is pretty much chicken breast, peanuts, water, whey protein, fruits and some vegetables, what would be a good supplement I could use?
>>
Will my girlfriend have loose skin after weight loss?

She's 5'3" 165lbs, 22 years old
Her goal is 130lbs, but I might can talk her into 110 or 120lbs.
>>
>>36015542
>>36015696
I like to lift later in the day too because I usually feel weak in the morning

I think in my case I'm usually dehydrated from the night before

Try drinking a lot more water when you wake up
>>
>>36019390
She needs to go further than 130 if she wants to be attractive
>>
>>36017856
I got much better results from doing negatives than assisted pull/chin ups
>>
Grill usually starts the conversation (not irl) and not you = she wants the cock?
>>
>>36018637
Probably

definitely for ss/sl
>>
>>36009950
... or you could just squat, deadlift and bench
>>
>>36018949
lift lighter weights and gradually increase weight

I also do leg swings before squatting
>>
>>36019485
Or she just likes to talk.
>>
>>36018739
sniffles- lift

actually sick- recover and come back when you're feeling better
>>
>>36018967
big richard is just overly confrontational
>>
>>36019468
I don't disagree with you

Do you think she can lose 40 or 50lbs without getting loose saggy skin?
>>
>>36019021
do you have hypermobile knees? how much weight?
>>
Hey guys, I'll start this routine today, my goal is to lose 10 lb, build muscle and lose fat... I'm 1,69mts, 73kg, cutting to 1800 of 2300 calories. Did SS for two month and lost like 5kg november-december 2015, stopped for like 1,5 months. Will start with empty bar.

AxBxACx
C= 60 min cardio on saturdays.

>A
>Squat 5x5
>Bench Press 5x5
>Barbell Row 5x5
>Skullcrushers 4x10
>Standing Calf Raises 4x10
>Dips 2xMax
>Pull Ups 2xMax

>B
>Squat 5x5
>Overhead Press 5x5
>Deadlift 5x5
>Barbell Curls 4x10
>Standing Calf Raises 4x10
>Hanging Leg Raises 4x20
>Pull Ups 2xMax

What do you guys think?
>>
>>36019566
To much volume.

Being in the gym for 3 hours is a great way to stop going to the gym.
>>
>>36019540
Depends on her genes, skin and how fast she looses it. Make sure she takes care of the skin. Aloe vera rubs and all that. Any preventive measure will help. Read up on tips from pregnant ladies. There's a ton of stuff there to avoid this kind of crap but most of it is mom science so be smart about it.
>>
>>36019449

Thanks mang, will give that a go
>>
>>36019605
Consider I'll start with empty bar, I'm not strong, must build a lot of muscle and strength... for example, I can't do more than 3 pull ups or dips... It shouldn't take me more than 1.5 hours for A or B.
>>
>Just started with Starting Strength
>Gym is empty
>done in half an hour

This isn't right, is it?
>>
>>36019725
This is perfect.
>>
>>36019725
It's fine if you started for example with empty bar or didn't puto that much weight in the bar (which is fine since you've just started). I would focus in doing the exercises calmly and with good form.
>>
Is there a benefit of incline over flat bench?
>>
>>36019827
Incline is an assistance exercise.
Flat is a main lift.

You shouldn't have to choose between the 2. Standard procedure is to incline on days you do OHP (if you want to do incline)
>>
>>36019870

Does that hit any extra muscles?
>>
Just did heavy flat bench/heavy OHP and now i'm about to to do heavy incline bench. How fucked am i?
>>
File: Lazar-Novovic-Chest.jpg (90 KB, 800x477) Image search: [Google]
Lazar-Novovic-Chest.jpg
90 KB, 800x477
>>36019884
It hits the upper chest better than flat bench.
>>
>>36017522
Take viagra.
>>
On SS and weight is starting to get heavy

Is grinding out the set okay as long as form is on point?
>>
>>36019725
make sure you're warming up properly

and once the weight gets heavy, make sure you're taking at least 5 minute rest times between work sets

between that and accessories you will want to add, the session time will get close to an hour and a half
>>
>>36019566
>did SS
>starting with an empty bar
>all that volume
>2 months
>that retarded programming

what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>36019827
Incline targets your upper chest which gives you a flatter slab like chest and flat bench targets your lower chest which if done without incline gives you "bitch tits"
>>
>>36018863
>My gym doesn't have a squat rack, am I going to kill myself doing squats?

statistically, yes

Also, when practicing form for the barbell row I feel pain in my lower back.
Am I doing something wrong?

yes, straighten your lumbar

take form videos

git gud
>>
>>36020132
yes

>as long as form is on point
this is important though
>>
>>36020132
Never sacrifice form.
>>
File: Marmot-edit1.jpg (2 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
Marmot-edit1.jpg
2 MB, 2272x1704
So I've bulked up to 186.2 on GOMAD and I'm tired of having all this extra fat. What should I set my activity level on a TDEE calculator to if I go hiking twice a week and am doing SS?
>>
>>36020292
nigga read
>>
>>36020323
Well, first thing you should do is figure out what your BMR would be at your lean body mass. Then add 300, making sure your protein intake is at least 1x target body weight.
>>
File: Marmota_caligata_(EH).jpg (223 KB, 962x641) Image search: [Google]
Marmota_caligata_(EH).jpg
223 KB, 962x641
>>36020360
Why add 300?
>>
I started a bulk a couple of months ago and have gained 7 lbs since then. By BF% calculations, 70% of that weight gain has been fat. My routine is power-hypertrophy-upper-lower (PHUL).

Are these normal gains or should I be doing something differently?
>>
Been doing this programme for little over a year now. http://fitnesshacker.com/zyzz-workout/
Almost no progress now, how should I go about altering my workout?
Google gives very different results.
Goal physique : Frank Zane, Zeez
>>
>>36020393
The normal SS workout is unlikely to burn more than 300 calories. If your whole goal is to burn your energy stores (fat), you'd want to baseline at your target mass BMR and then add just enough to compensate for actual daily activity.

Make sure you're writing everything down, though - including how your energy level feels day to day. You can tweak it as necessary, but I wouldn't change it by more than 100 kcal per adjustment.
>>
>>36018863
I just came back and could do everything without issue.

I'm going to do squats with a weight I can handle (i.e. never go for 1RM).

Hope I can stay alive that way.

Doing squats feels surprisingly good.

Now I'm facing a real issue, and that is that my gym doesn't allow dropping weight.

So what the fuck can I do instead of OHP?
>>
Should I eat before a workout so I hve energy? I normally workout several hours after lunch, and today I'm considering eating half a protein bar 20 minutes before lifting for a strength/energy boost.

Will this help?
>>
Does fish oil capsules have calories? I take them for the omega 3
>>
>>36020472
Why can't you OHP in a squat rack or cage? Or learn how to power clean the weight into OHP starting stance?
>>
>>36020475
You should look into nutrient timing. You may find that eating something moderate every 3 hours or so would keep you at a sustainable energy level, and a workout could fit easily inbetween any of those meals.
>>
>>36020492
Notice that my first posts said

>My gym doesn't have a squat rack, am I going to kill myself doing squats?

And I didn't really understand your second question
>>
>>36020475
it depends, if ur looking for energy for your workout you want something high in carbs, look up dextrose its cheap
>>
>>36010298
Yes
>>
>>36020511
I'm bulking currently. and with my uni's meal plan I basically just go and eat until I'm full and then a bit for every meal. So sustainable is less what I'm looking for as opposed to being able to be fully active
>>
>>36020429
Thank you very much!
>>
>>36020515
Sorry. Have you ever researched power cleans? You end up in a position perfect for starting OHP, and the weight you can do for each exercise (especially starting out) is comparable. Google "power cleans" and see if that helps.
>>
Anyone with good arms do machine curls? I already do chin-ups, rows and usually don't like the feel of free weight curls.

Machines still good for size right? I just throw them in at the end of training since I'm weightlifting.
>>
>>36020475

20 minutes is not enough time. you need an hour.
>>
>>36020554
I see the guy dropping the weight.

I can't do that
>>
>>36020606
Dropping the weight is optional (droptional?)

Look at this video: http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/power-clean

This is how to do it without dropping the weight.
>>
>>36020477
Yeah they do. I take 5-6g of it in EPA+DHA, so I count it as 50 cal of fat.
>>
>>36020606
Search for Mark Rippetoe The Iron Plate Problem
>>
>>36020477
Most fish oil bottles have nutrition information on them, including calories. Pay attention to serving size, though, most labels tell you to take 3 servings a day and the calorie counts are usually for one serving.
>>
>>36020640
>>36020656
I'll do that after work then.

Just to have it clear, I'm doing power cleans instead of OHP, yes?
>>
>>36020678
no. you're doing one power clean to get into OHP starting position. Then do however many OHP.
>>
>>36020656
>Mark Rippetoe The Iron Plate Problem
this is the best rippetoe video I have seen so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A
Anyone can recommend other funny ones?
>>
Are oly shoes worth it?
And a good program for after SS?
>>
>>36020577
>You need an hour

Will do. Half a protein bar an hour before. Thanks!
>>
>>36020707
Oh, okay.

Thanks.
>>
Am i a pussy for doing sit ups with stretched arms?
>>
>>36020735
Texas method. And Chucks are fine.
>>
>>36020784
>Am i a pussy for doing sit ups
that's far enough
>>
>>36020735
They are if you can't hit good positions, I would recommend it to everyone really. You don't need expensive ones either, just get some cheaper ones.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.