[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Giving up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5
File: 1455248847135.jpg (69 KB, 750x714) Image search: [Google]
1455248847135.jpg
69 KB, 750x714
I'm thinking about giving up.

I've been lifting for 7 months.
My body doesn't look any different.
I can't lose fat. I can't build muscle.

It's time to stop.
>>
OK go for it
>>
>>36007120
Someone didn't read the sticky
>>
>My body doesn't look any different.
Why not identify why that is rather than make irrational choices and shitpost about them on the internet?

>I can't lose fat. I can't build muscle.
2/10 made me reply before realizing you were trolling
>>
>>36007120

isometrics
focus on upper body
started doing sprints
>>
>>36007120
lmao never gonna make it with that attitude
>>
>>36007120
Bye
>>
>>36007120
It doesn't matter if you're killing yourself at gym if you're not eating right.
>>
its literally impossible to look the same if you lift for 7 months, wtf do you lift, only the bar for 1 set?
>>
>>36007120

Unless you'v been weighing yourself regularly, you don't know the effects lifting has had on your body.

If you still have too much body fat, it's probably because you eat like shit.
>>
So basically, OP didn't read the sticky, and if he did, he ignored it.
>>
>>36007123
This.

Not everyone is going to make it. Also more time play videogames and fap to furries
>>
>>36007120
It's ok bro, lifting is not for everybody, some people are just at a natural disadvantage, what good will hitting your head against a wall do anyway.
You can use that same energy to do so so many good things.
Just give up, stop hogging my bench you fucking weak pathetic defeatist faggot.
>>
if your numbers aren't going up
re evaluate your form
if your weight isn't going up
eat more
rome wasnt built in a day
simple as that pussyboy
>>
>>36007120
Post stats
>>
Must suck nerd. By actually finding out how I'm supposed to be lifting/eating instead of whining on /fit/, I got a pretty decent body after 6 months.
>>
>>36007211
My numbers are going up

I'm not putting on any mass

And I'm already like 18% BF.
>>
>>36007224
Then cut until you are at about 12%. You'll see progress much easier then.
>>
>>36007140
Seriously. OP might be retarded
>>
>>36007224
What's your stats? Where were they when you started? What routine?
>>
>>36007120

Don't give up now, brother - the only thing that will accomplish is the fueling of a deep-seated regret later on in your life.

These are the most probable reasons why you're stuck:

>Your diet is bad
You either do not count calories or you count them incorrectly. If you do not already, purchase a $30 food scale off of Amazon and track every single thing you eat for 1 month straight. After this month you will have a 6th sense about calories and what you're putting into your body. Be sure to get .7 grams of protein per pound of lean body weight - it is a little overkill for a novice lifter but it will build the habit and the habit is what you need to build.

>Your form is bad
This is a little more difficult to correct. If you can film yourself you can post here and you'll get 80% troll responses and about 20% good criticism. Or you can find a weightlifting coach to teach you the proper mechanics.

>Your sleep is bad
If you're not getting at least 7 hours of solid sleep a night you're sabotaging yourself.

>Follow a real routine
It's called Starting Strength for a reason. Buy or download the book, read it, and do the program. Add accessory exercises of your choice to help build strength in specific areas.

If you're honest with yourself, and you have been doing all of the above then you may actually have low testosterone. Get your blood work done at a clinic, if it's low talk to an endocrinologist and ask to prescribed testosterone ethanate. Don't fuck around with pills and gels - pin.
>>
>>36007240
This should be pasta for these types of threads tbqh
>>
File: 001.jpg (290 KB, 738x1280) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
290 KB, 738x1280
>>36007234
5'11
185 lbs

July Bench: 90 lbs
July OHP: 50 lbs
July squat: 100 lbs

Current BP: 160lbs
Current OHP: 95 lbs
Current squat: 145 lbs

Routine

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):
Flat Bench Press: 3x5
Seated Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Bench Press: 3x5
Lateral Raise: 3x10
Rope Pushdowns: 3x10
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 3x10
Shrugs: 3x10

Pull (Back/Biceps):
Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns: 3x10
Low Rows: 3x10
Face Pulls: 3x10
Barbell Curls: 4x12
Incline Hammer Curls: 3x10

Legs:
Squats: 4x6
Lunges: 4x6
Leg Extensions: 3x10
Calf Raises: 5x10

PPLxPPx

Diet is shit.

This is what I look like flexing as hard as possible. No chest to speak of.
>>
>>36007364
Your routine is shit m8.
>>
>>36007377
clearly not if his lifts are going up you absolute fucking bozo
>>
>>36007364
You're burned the fuck out brother. Anybody would hate life with that schedule. Take a rest week off to get your cns out of the gutter and get your calories. SLEEP. then pick a better routine while going to the gym max 3x a week. Get rid of this routine and don't look back. Get a simple push pull or a full body routine but keep it simple as in just bench, squats, deadlift, chins/pull, ohp, rows, and curls if you want. Vary intensity every workout, I have a light medium heavy scheme days I follow (3x5 3x10 3x15) etc Find out what works for you. You can do it. Very simple change and you'll be back in it within weeks.
>>
>>36007120
That's because you're FUCKING UP.
You're eating too much.
You're not working hard enough or consistently enough.
Worst of all: YOU HAVE NO PERSONAL DISCIPLINE.
2nd worst of all: YOU MAKE EXCUSES TO STOP.

IF WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS NOT WORKING THEN YOU IDENTIFY WHERE YOU ARE FUCKING UP AND MAKE CHANGES. REPEAT THIS PROCESS UNTIL SUCCESS IS ACHIEVED. Don't sit there and tell us "I've tried EVERYTHING!" because you have NOT 'tried everything', if you had we would not be having this conversation now would we?

Now READ THE GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING STICKY, stop making excuses, and GET YOUR FAT ASS BACK TO WORK.

/thread
>>
>>36007120
If you want to give up, then give up. I don't really care. But don't come to /fit/ for some pity advice. If you want advice with your routine and whatnot, then ask for advice.
>>
More pussy for me tbqhfam.

I'm gonna tap that qt3.14 you like, just saying.
>>
>>36007364
your lifts are going up, so why do you complain?
yeah, you look barely above dyel, but keep lifting
>>
>>36007364
Bruh im 5 9
150~
And i got those stats and i dont even lift
But when i benched 85 pounds i never thought i could bench past a pl8
You need to want it otherwise just quit
>>
>>36007364
Fix your routine and your diet dipshit, you even acknowledge that your diet is shit. Track your calories and macros on MyFitnessPal, change your routine to something more simple like someone else suggested and cut out the fucking candy and soda altogether, not just "a little soda" but ALL OF IT.
>>
>>36007364

You're being too hard on yourself, brother. You've got some trap and upper arm development, for sure. Rome wasn't built in a day - and it was started by two dudes raised by a fucking wolf. Were you raised by a bitch? Did you suckle wolf-teat? No? Then lower expectations and just go with the flow.

>that routine
>PPL as a novice
>seated press
>no deadlifts
>no pull ups or chin ups
>lunges

Give Candito's Linear Strength/Control program a look and run the Strength/Hypertrophy variant - just google it.

>"Diet is shit"

/thread
>>
>>36007120
Become a powerlifter
>>
>>36007662
>Implying you need to be ripped to demolish pussy

Just have to have a good face, being dyel is good enough for bitches
>>
File: 1378927820334.gif (760 KB, 182x182) Image search: [Google]
1378927820334.gif
760 KB, 182x182
>>36007403
>bozo
>>
>>36007364
hamstring curls or stiff legged deadlifts are missing
>>
>>36007210
You're my hero
>>
>>36007120
When I started lifting, I see no significant improvement for ~6 months then I gained 10 pounds in the following two months.
>>
>>36007210
>Just give up, stop hogging my bench you fucking weak pathetic defeatist faggot.
Skipped over your post but glad I came back and reread it.
>>
I don't know what to do. It's frustrating. I work hard in the gym. And when I see people post pics of themselves here that have been lifting for the same amount of time as me, it's disheartening.

Yes, I am trying to clean up my diet. But does it really have that much of an effect? And then you have the macro calculators and calorie calculators that all tell me something different. Am I eating too much? Am I eating too little? Why is my chest lagging so hard? Why am I so behind?
>>
>>36007120
what are you eating
>>
>>36011991
everyone loses and gains weight differently, maybe for you diet is a very important factor. What's your diet
>>
>>36012103
>>36012112
Shit rubbish 70% of the time

I have just started trying to eat like baked chicken breasts with raw baby carrots for like every meal.

I wasn't counting protein or calories. I don't know how many calories to eat. All of those online calculators tell me something drastically different
>>
Also, my bench numbers keep going up but my chest stays the same
>>
>>36007120
Hire a good personal trainer who knows how to build muscle/strength.
>>
>>36007135
/thread
>>
>>36007120
In highschool I was on the football team. I didn't put effort into my lifts and I didn't even try to manage my diet. I watched as my teammates who lifted very similar weight at first began to outlift me. Take your lifts seriously, push as hard as you can, and eat more.
>>
>>36007120
>e been lifting for 7 months.
try 7 year mate
if you got into it expecting a massive change in a few month then you've been reading too many articles on bodybuilding . cum
fucking life long commitment faggot
>>
>>36012517
Are you saying you've done this for seven years and can't get any results? I think it might acutally be time for you to quit, anon.
>>
>>36012569
I think he's saying you're a little bitch with unrealistic expectations. 7 months? Fuck off whiny baby and keep lifting
>>
>>36007181
this.
on a cut for 3 months been lifting for 2 and I already notice large changes in my body and that's on a CUT.
>>
>>36012569
no you fucking bozoid he's saying 7 years aint shit and everyone progresses at different rates
>>
>>36012569
no im not saying that faggot it took me 4 year to get to 180lb lean
i've been lifting for longer but spent like 2 year battling with anorexia
i was just over exaggerating the fact it takes a long time its not a quick change
>>
>>36012582
I'm not the OP m8, I've just begun lifting. Just saying 7 years is a lot for no results and I thought that's what he meant.
>>
>>36012595
>a man with anorexia
>>
File: CMON.jpg (107 KB, 600x424) Image search: [Google]
CMON.jpg
107 KB, 600x424
>>36007120
more scoops C'MON
>>
>>36012914
you are aware that there are quite many of those right? the cutting-bulking meme is literally a binge cycle followed by starving. it is bulimia without the vomiting.

if any women had an equivalent bf% to those of male fitness models, there would be a huge media scandal. having extremely low bodyfat is not healthy, no matter if you have muscles or not. but if you have muscles, no one cares.

watch that video with piana and o'hearn and tell me o'hearn is not anorexic
>>
>>36007364

>185lbs
>1rep max of BP doesn't even reach his bodyweight

i don't think you're training hard enough, and you did admit you eat like shit.

you'll probably need some serious steroids with them shitty genetics man.
>>
>>36007120
try harder
pic related it's OP dumbbell
>>
>>36007120

Pick one or the other. Don't try to do both simultaneously.
>>
>>36007364
if your numbers are going up but you're not gaining any weight, you need to eat more, you fucking dingleberry
>>
>>36014235
that's what i shove up my ass before i squat 4 plates for reps
>>36007364
why is your bench higher than your squat? your lifts are going up so it must be working somehow, what did you look like before? weight/height 7 months ago? this shit takes time famalam
>>
>>36014352
5'11 175 in July
5'11 185 right now
>>
>>36007120
Before you give up, ask yourself a simple question. If you quit working out, become more sedentary for 7 months do you think your body is going to change for the better?

The reality is simple, if you give up lifting you aren't giving up on lifting. Your giving up on yourself. Your giving up the part of you that wanted to make a chance. The part that wanted to improve your physique. The part of you that wanted to be healthier.

Go to the doctor and get bloodwork done. Compare it to the markers you have from your last physical. If you have really been lifting for 7 months there is nearly no fucking way its worse. It likely be way better. You are healthier because you did lift for 7 months.

Can you say you will be healthier in 7 months of sitting on your ass?
>>
>>36014372
I dont know. Maybe I'll just stick to cardio. Clearly my genetics are shit, or I have low test as others have pointed out
>>
>>36007120
Your body is not fucking magical, you can build muscle with the correct process. You would not have wasted seven months like this if you did not want it. You have a systemic problem, possibly several, with the way you have approached this. You have a brain, identify and correct your errors. I suspect you wanted to see something like this when you made this thread.
>>
>>36014454
Maybe but until you go to a doc and he says it you are using a copout. Plain and simple. Low test bad genetics are /fit/'s version of fat people's undiagnosed thyroid condition. People always want to believe it's out of their hands.

It's not. You just have to work harder. You said earlier your diet is shit. Diet is going to dictate 75-80% of our physique. You can't out exercise a shit diet.

Fix your diet go on a minimalist LP novice program do some cardio and reevaluate in 3-4 months.
>>
>>36007120

>I've been lifting for 7 months.

SS+GOMAD
>>
>>36014556
You're telling me to train harder. Others are telling me to train less (no more than 3x a week).

Which is it
>>
>>36014669
I am saying to train less but harder. Cut down to 2-3 exercises 3 times a week. But you need to really put in max effort on those lifts. Something like greyskull LP novice program is a good start
>>
>>36007120
Makes a thread about giving up lol... You're a man with natural test and you're telling us that you're gonna quit. You're lucky you're born a man, females have to lift way fucking longer to see any definition. You were only there for 7 month what do you expect
>>
>>36014669

Dude. Fix your diet. That's the elephant in the room. You've said yourself you eat like shit, you don't track your protein, you overeat. No wonder you're not making the gains you want.

.7 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass a day. A protein shake made with chocolate milk immediately after your workout. Calculate your BMR/TDEE and eat at or under it or over it if you want to recomp/cut/bulk.

Good luck.
>>
Just wanted to thank you all for the motivation and the advice and the trolling

Some days I wake up frustrated

Working out is my favorite part of my shitty days. Going only three days a week is going to be a bummer. It's the only thing keeping me happy at this point.
>>
>>36014727
>Calculate your BMR/TDEE and eat at or under it or over it if you want to recomp/cut/bulk.
This is another problem. All these calculators tell me something different. It's led me to be skeptical of them

Which one do you all use? IIFYM? Scooby?
>>
>>36014669
Intensity =/= quantity.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.