[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fitness trackers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: 51N0Y6osPIL._SY355_.jpg (9 KB, 262x355) Image search: [Google]
51N0Y6osPIL._SY355_.jpg
9 KB, 262x355
Does anyone use a 'fitness tracker' bracelet or similar? Saw a lot of people getting them for Christmas but it seemed to be largely normies. Are there any brands/models that are actually any good for tracking heart rate (while active) and sleep? Those are the two that I'd actually be interested in, who gives a shit how many steps they walk in a day apart from your auntie Gina.
>>
I use the fitbit Charge Hr.
It's nice and accurate if you use it for your TDEE.
>>
I use the Charge HR which constantly measures your Heart Rate and Calories Burned. Has really helped to calculate more accurate macros and my metabolic rate. Also, measures your sleep which is interesting to me.

I'd recommend it, but its probably not game changing stuff.
>>
>>36006115
>>36006040
Not OP but how accurate is the TDEE calculation? Like of I wear it during some lifting will it measure those calories burnt?
>>
There's no wrist based HR monitor as accurate as the chest strap based monitors. The technology just isn't there yet.
>>
>>36006134
Most accurate out there
>>
>>36006028
Xiaomi Mi Band only one worth getting and also not as overpriced as the most other ones.
>>
>>36006028
Why is this stupid fucking thread posted ten times every day?

They're SHIT, forget about them, they're inaccurate, and only exist so idiots can provide free tracking and personal data to corporations so they can sell it. Throw it in the trash and JUST FUCKING LIFT.
>>
>>36006134

I've read studies that say it's within 5-8% of clinical use caloric monitors, so, pretty good.
>>
>>36006040
>>36006115
Are you negroes telling me I slap the thing on my wrist all day and it tells me what my TDEE is even if my activities vary day in/day out? How does it know whetever I'm running or fapping or lifting or taking a rest day?
How much does it even cost? What other things does it?
>>
the only people ive never noticed wearing those things are fat.
>>
>>36009771
Yes mr. bossman, it reads your steps, heart rate and it can detect if you're changing elevation/floors/going up a hill, and somehow makes an estimate on total TDEE.
>>
>>36007679
Why mad? I don't care if corporations can see the mad gains im getting lol.

>54 BPM resting heart rate checking in
>Avg 8.02 hours of effective sleep this week bitch
>>
>>36009926
This. One of the offices I work at, the only one that wears on is the fat girl. Her doctor told her she has to lose fat or else she'll soon be on medications. The sad thing is, she's only 25. The good thing, however, is she is a therapist so she can listen to reason instead of blurt out bullshit about fat acceptance.
>>
>>36009967
Interesting, such a useful tool. Using that in combination with myftinesspal would turn you into the cutting or bulking maester.

Someone send me one for free pls.

Does it have a watch function to tell time? I need a new watch anyhow.
>>
They are great, I masturbated for 3 miles today according to mine.
>>
>>36010039
Yeah it functions as a watch too
>>
Never wank wearing one of these. I had to try and figure out how I'd walked over 5,000 steps during 2am one time.
>>
If you need one of these you'll never make it.

Does look good covered in jizz after a good 5 on 1 sesh though
>>
File: h6_heart_rate_sensor_550x600_0.png (140 KB, 550x600) Image search: [Google]
h6_heart_rate_sensor_550x600_0.png
140 KB, 550x600
>>
>>36006040
Mein negro

I use mine to check my HR though, I have PVCs already and my resting heart rate is around 70-105 depending on what time of the day.

It's cheaper and less of a burden than most of the other heart rate monitors as well.
>>
File: Progress.png (20 KB, 889x363) Image search: [Google]
Progress.png
20 KB, 889x363
>>36006028
Made this pic just for this thread.

Fitbit HR and about 1600 cal per day.

I think people buy fitness trackers like just owning one will be enough to lose weight...when they're good in conjunction with other proven techniques.
>>
>>36006028

god miband without HR. track my steps but I always take away at least one km because it seems kinda too much.
i like that it's vibrate pulse alarm that just kinda nudges my hand, instead of a loud alarm. Get up way easier and I don't wake up the other people in the room.
>>
>>36009993
>I don't care if corporations can see the mad gains im getting lol.
Really. You want them knowing where you are every minute of the day, and a good idea of what you're doing based on biometric data? Why don't you just let random corporations send someone to your house to stick their penis in your ass while you're at it?
>doesn't care about his own privacy
>must be mentally ill
Fucking millennials
>>
>>36015721
why don't we learn to argue instead of using logical falacies?
maybe xiaomi knows where do I walk, or how much and how long do I sleep, but I don't really care because it does not really invade my privacy. when my band starta to vibrate commericals ill drop it.
but it is far fetched to say they will anal probe me because I'm ok with sharing that much of my privacy.

maybe put a tin foil hat down and run some stairs.
>>
>>36015803
You know you can be profiled for more reasons than just advertisements, don't you? It's not called tracking information for no reason.

But >>36015721 may not have a leg to stand on, if he takes his smart phone with him everywhere he goes.

I see the tinfoil hat analogy and to a point it is fair. It is unlikely some autist on /fit/ is going to have to worry about anything. But be sure you're aware of where the data might be used, and accept that some people aren't ok with sharing their tracking and biometric data.

Be cool brehs, we're all gonna make it!
>>
>>36016177
appreciate the adult tone, and I agree my information can be used for a lot more than pure advertising.
withdrawing the tin foil hat comment as it is stereotypical as much as 4chan autist is.

for someone who deals with illegal stuff every day I can see my privacy being hurt as a bad thing. But coming from eastern europe I am positive that my government first has to upgrade from windows xp to actually realize I am even alive.

that being said, if I lived in western europe or usa where if you don't hide behind proxy you are fucked, I would not be wearing such commodities as often as I do now.

what they can see from my tracker:
i don't sleep on weekends
i walk to work and everywhere else.
>>
Someone had some issues using wrist wraps wearing this bracelets?
>>
is it waterproof?
>>
>>36016730
You can wear wraps, no prob.

>>36016928
You can shower with it, but you shouldn't go swimming.
>>
>>36006040
I entered in my stats correctly (6'0 / 150 / 25 yo) in my charge HR and it still underpredicts my TDEE.

It says that i burn around 2900, but i lose weight at any intake below 3100 kcal / day. Alsoam kinda surprised to see that lifting burns like 400 kcal / session.
>>
>>36017137
These are the numbers i get while doing an upper / lower split (four exercises). What are you guys getting?

Notice that the moddle workout was much lower. I was tired af and the workout sucked in general.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-15-07-32-30.png (265 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-15-07-32-30.png
265 KB, 1440x2560
>>36017211
Forgot to attach lol
>>
>>36006028
I got one, but I don't really use it anymore. It was fun to see how I slept, but the band would get stuck often while I'm sleeping and cause my hand to get too little blood flow, then I'd wake up with a numb hand and find a new position. That stuff sometimes happened 4 times a night so it was really bad for my sleeping quality. I don't wear it to the gym cause I just lift weights and tracking my heartbeat is not useful. Its also a step counter but it uses Bluetooth so if I'd keep it locked to my phone it drains the battery pretty hard..
Idk if it also works when I don't connect it but maybe I could try that... then I still don't see how it is better than a regular step counter tho.
>>
File: image.png (129 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
129 KB, 750x1334
I use an Apple Watch, primarily for the "fitness tracking" it's also nice for notifications.
>>
Im interested in calories calculating...is that a thing only heart rate bands do or even the normal fitbit for example?
>>
I use a fitbit charge, pretty good. I'm really new to the whole dedicated fitness thing, and i've lost a stone since January, (6'0'' 15.5 stone fat fuck reporting)
>>
>>36006028
nope. http://www.spring.org.uk/2009/10/how-rewards-can-backfire-and-reduce-motivation.php

extrinsic motivation dissolves intrinsic motivation
>>
>>36006173
this desu
>>
>>36016928
check out Basis Peak
>>
>>36007679
What personal data? Your heart rate? Steps walked? If insurance companies started using this to judge fittness then people would just game it. It doesn't know who's wearing it.
>>
>>36010039
It has a my fitness pal like app in it.
Gotta get at least the hr model though for heart rate monitoring and shit. It's too expensive for what it is but I got mine free.
>>
>>36007679
this this this

you fucking normies dont care shit about privacy

>it's ok if they want to see my gainzz :^)
fuck off faggot, it's about something more than your gains

it's saying no to shitty corporations and governments who want to track your every motion

I would be interested in one of these bracelets if I were to keep the data for myself

there are no technical advantages whatsoever in sharing this information with anyone for any reason.

fin
>>
>>36015721
>There's no gps or even compass in it.
>pedometer can't feel you drive

If it can't tell how far you travel or what direction your going then someone can't figure out where you've been.
>>
>>36019898
>geographical positioning is the only way to invade someones privacy

not going to make it
>>
anyone ever make one of these themselves?
theres lots of open source projects out there
>>
>>36019925
It can't tell who is wearing it or if you left it on the dryer for those extra steps. It has a self selective audience so it can't tell you anything about a population as a whole. It doesn't give any more personal info then already exists on your drivers licence.
>>
>>36019925
That was a direct response to
>knowing where you are every minute of the day

With the info it tracks you literally couldn't tell which hemisphere of the planet they are on.
>>
>>36019885
There is literally nothing of value for a corporation or government coming out of your fit bit. It's sold because people are willing to pay to track their own stats not so the boogie man can jerk off to your heart rate.
>>
>>36007679
this desu
>>
>>36020190
Except they can't track you and don't provide anyone with information that isn't freely available to them. It's a pretty expensive way for someone to find out my height and weight and because it's self reported there is no way to check accuracy.
>>
I heard that the fitbit HR isn't accurate for weightlifting only cardio
Thinking about getting one I currently use the Polar hr ft4
>>
>>36020377
Also how accurate can it be if you're not wearing a heart rate strap?
>>
>>36020240
it might not be about your height and weight e.g. from your hand movement it can also calculate what your ATM password is
>>
>>36020414
HAHAHA!
You're a funny guy.
>>
>>36020408
It uses your wrist pulse
>>
>>36007679

ah, good old ignorant tinfoil-hat /fit/
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 649x649
>>36020457
What's the accuracy difference between the fit charge HR and Polar hr ?
>>
>>36020767
the fitbit charge hr must stay in a fixed position on your wrist to accurately read hr, which is not that easy since you move your hand/arm often. the same is for the polar but the strap is pretty stable and won't move much.
>>
Plan on picking up the new Fitbit watch when it comes out desu
>>
File: mi-band.jpg (18 KB, 675x391) Image search: [Google]
mi-band.jpg
18 KB, 675x391
I use xiaomi mi band. It cost 11 us dollars and track my steps. Is ok for me.
>>
File: image.png (186 KB, 1080x920) Image search: [Google]
image.png
186 KB, 1080x920
>See this thread.
>get intrested
>Google.com
>i want one
>ordre one
>Will arrive in 2-3 days

TH-thanks /fit/
>>
>>36021425
nice meme frendo :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 367x615) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 367x615
>>36021502
Did i just buy a wearable 150€ meme? Is that what your saying ?
>>
>>36006028
can you actually use those things with no smartphone around? Or do you need to carry one always with you? I don't take my smartphone with me to the gym or while running.
>>
I bought one but took it back after a week due to the fact that-
>the app isn't compatible with iphone 4
>it syncs poorly with computer (apparently widespread problem with the HR)
>was telling me to add 600kcal to my daily just for walking around the house and doing basic shit/chores
>if you have a bumpy car you need to go online and manually remove the minutes you spent in the car, which means remembering the exact time you got in/out of the car
>didn't tell me anything I needed to know

The only thing I miss is it showing the time automatically when I raise my wrist into a viewing position.

>>36021638

It syncs up with your computer with a little dongle.
>>
>>36022093
seems like you need a watch :^)
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.