[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the most exhausting thing you have done? either the gym,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_20140218_193714.jpg (956 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140218_193714.jpg
956 KB, 2592x1944
Whats the most exhausting thing you have done?

either the gym, a triathlon or something job related.
>>
>>35986046
squats
>>
>>35986046
for me it was doing roof ventilation with a chain saw as a firefighter. You have to be in full gear (70lbs) and climb a ladder with a chain saw, while on 2nd ladder, cut a specific pattern into roof, make hole to let smoke and heat out.

alternatively you can use an axe and just wail on it.

That really took my breath. Another thing was after 7 hours of firefighting it was time to roll up hoses. The big hoses are heavy and in 100ft sections. It was cold so most of them had frozen water weighting them down. roll em up and walk them to the truck. My body almost seized up. Felt good cause a lot of other guys were standing around avoiding the work.
>>
Your mom
>>
>>35986046
Depends on the type of exhaustion.

But pure physical one would be riding ~60km cold turkey on heavy old ass shock-less steel bicycle together with seasoned racers during their training. In forest. During rain. When i returned home 3 hours later i was shaking and feeling weird coldness all over myself.

I'm still puzzled how i kept up with them. When i'm doing >100km on road my legs start cramping etc before total exhaustion occurs.

Probably the high cadence required to beat sand and moss combined with intensive upper body work to compensate lack of shock.
>>
Marching 25km through slightly frozen snow in combat gear.
>>
>>35986046
donating blood. I didnt eat much that morning all i could do was lay down after a while.
Atleast I got to spend time with QT
>>
>>35986120
>hose dragger bragging about how hard his job is.

Go figure.
>>
>>35986046
Working 36 straight hours when the tornadoes hit in Texas
>>
File: 1441807313793.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1441807313793.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>35986424

That was your hardest thing?

Topkek.
>>
Working construction in 105 degree weather. Carrying 5 gallon buckets of cement up 4 flights of stairs for 10 hours
>>
>>35986489
recently. Most tired ive been was after some 5K races
>>
>>35986046
>Whats the most exhausting thing you have done?
Asking out a girl and getting rejected.
>>
>>35986046
going down on your mom. the woman is INSATIABLE.
>>
>>35986449

Not that poster, but you must be a ladder/truckie fuck boi.

Fuck all of you, I have done it all and score way more pussy working the rescue and medic unit.
>>
File: Drinking_1b2a98_363991.jpg (15 KB, 265x331) Image search: [Google]
Drinking_1b2a98_363991.jpg
15 KB, 265x331
>>35986722
Not prepared for these
>>
Concrete work or plastering. 12 hours day. During the hottest summer.
>>
>>35986046
I spent 12 hours doing a 100 mile round trip bike ride along Lake Erie, the first half of which was uphill
>>
>>35986046
A couple years ago I was on a canoe trip in a 17ft indigenous cedar Canoe and we did about 90mi in 4 days camping along the river. The first day was the longest 31mi and we were out on the water at sun rise barely making it to our landing before it got dark. One day we had crazy head wind and fighting the tide was a total bitch, took us 8+hrs to go 16-17miles.

Absolutely exhausting, but probably the best experience of my life
>>
>>35986046
Breaking a 5 inch concrete floor up with a sledge and throwing it into a skip fucking did for me. Apart from that rendering is exhausting and kills your wrists.
>>
>>35986777
The only con to that is having to work on a rescue/medic. I will say fighting fire is one of the most exhausting jobs you can do, even if you are in fantastic shape.
>>
>>35986918
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH2fETgxAUg
>>
>>35986876

Masonry sucks during summer. I go through 6L of water on the job. Shit blows.
>>
>>35986120
>>35986449
>>35986777

I have a lot of respect for firefighters and cops because I have a lot of both in my family and I know how much being on call and working night shift sucks. But let's be real. As a construction worker, I deal with that shit, too, and I don't get a sweet pension after 20 years.

Hardest thing I ever did was a 28 hr Electrical shutdown repair job. Emergency power in a parking garage in my city wasn't working, and my company warranties all installations for a year.
>>
>>35986937

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I work in a tiered system, I don't take the ambulance out unless its ALS and if its not when we get there the EMTs take the patient. Running 3-5 true ALS calls in a 24 hour period is perfect.

Running 3 cardiac arrests in a shift is about as exciting to me as getting a good half shift long (start to finish) true structure fire.
>>
>>35986526

You a mason tender?
>>
>>35986046

Fucking trundle-sled intervals.

I fucking hate that thing... But I love it.
>>
>>35986983

In this post-

>I respect you
>But I don't because you get cake and I didn't

Bro, shoulda been a cop or firefighter or figure out what your union (please tell me you at least are in a union) isn't securing decent benefits.

No one made you do X instead of Y.
>>
Just a few weeks ago I went snowshoeing for the first time at a west coast BC mountain. 6 hours uphill, in snow gear with at least 50lb backpack on, maybe heavier. Plus I didn't realize until after, but I had had mono before that and hadn't really recovered from it yet.

When I got to the top with everyone I passed out for a nap, woke up, ate and drank a lot, then passed out for like 12 hours.

Not sure if that's the most taxing I've ever done, but definitely the most in recent memory
>>
>>35987014

Not union, I live in the South. It's actually a bad decision to be union in a right to work state.

Just because I'm not sucking a career's dick doesn't mean it's not a respectable career. Plus, I get a lot of perks that you don't, like over time, and the ability to quit and get a new job in a matter of days.
>>
>>35986046
I had to carry home a girl from a party because she was having a panic attack after catching her bf cheating

she wasn't heavy but she was completely limp and shaking and i chucked her on my back and carried her almost 5 kilometres uphill

she gave me head the next morning lol
>>
>>35986904

Try ocean kayaking. It motivates you to get your timing right - It once took me three hours to paddle three miles because I fucked up and was fighting an 8-knot tidal ebb. A reasonable paddler averages 5 knots - I had to average 10 knots just to move forwards. For three fucking hours. Still, it beat drowning.
>>
File: 1454790584636.jpg (112 KB, 1060x404) Image search: [Google]
1454790584636.jpg
112 KB, 1060x404
Once Tabbed 40 miles with the British Army in 9 hours 45 minutes carrying 25kgs over hills in Scotland with a rifle.

Literally couldn't walk properly for about a week, incredibly fucked feet, entire body was just fucked, the Bergen cut the blood off to my arms and shoulders, lower back was ruined, and just general pain everywhere.

Fuck doing anything like that ever again, the Army does retarded shit but that was just stupid.
>>
>>35987078

>40 miles in 10 hours
>4 miles per hour
>Tiring

What are you, a fucking scaley or something? Must be REMF to think that's a hard tab.
>>
>>35986046
Super Spartan race...

The obstacles were easy, tbqh as they were almost all strength based and being /fit/ I blasted through all of them.

The hardest part, by far, was 3 "death marches" up an almost mile long incline and then going back down through very very rocky terrain.

It was fuckin brutal... people were laying all around the course passing out. I made it through without sitting down once and without failing an obstacle, albeit very slowly. Not bad for someone who literally never does cardio.
>>
File: Beinn_Eighe_Ruadh-stac_Mor.jpg (452 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Beinn_Eighe_Ruadh-stac_Mor.jpg
452 KB, 1920x1280
>>35987109
It was not flat, you cunt.
>>
>>35987043

Sucking a careers dick?

Overtime? You do realize that is how I make double my salary annually.

Most firefighters are salaried on the west coast $60,000-100,000 and anything over our scheduled ABC platoon days (could be 48, detroit, modified detroit) is overtime. At my agency anything over my 8-13 days a month is double time. Making $60 bucks an hour for a 24 hour shift is well worth my $150 a month in union dues.

Why would I quit?

Not doing a whos dick is bigger contest because we are comparing apples to oranges but you brought it on by comparing these supposed perks you have which I fail to see as exclusive to your industry.
>>
>>35986046
Is that crossfit?
>>
Ice hockey in full pads in an arena.

I had played on the pond many a time before and was in pretty good shape from lots of football & basketball, but it was just on a different level. By my third or fourth shift my fucking stick felt like it weighed 30 pounds.
>>
Doing cpr for a solid hour
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 264x264
>>35986691
>5k
>>
>>35987048
Was that before or after you made her eat all the eggs?
>>
lettin ur mum fuk me cowgirl, I've never lifted so much
>>
Most tired I've ever been was staying up for 36 hours and then driving 8 hours and then taking the GRE

If you mean just physical, then the time I cut, gathered, and shredded about 100 cubic yards of cedar brush
>>
>>35989461
Kek
>>
There's nothing quite like an all out 400m sprints under racing conditions. Even worse if you have to do several in one day.

The mental fortitude to keep on pace for that last 100m--when your body has nothing left--is more exhausting than pretty much anything. You can't think or even walk after. You get fluish for 2-3 days.
>>
Wrestling practice my freshman year of high school. Non-stop action from 3:30--8:30, with 30 seconds for water once and hour. Unreal that I did that.
>>
>>35987109
nice bait
>>
My brother had be try some barbell complex that he called a "bear complex." That and the exercises I did afterwards caused me to puke, and it's the only time exercise has ever done that to me. I won't be doing it again, barbell complexes are gay and if by some miracle I decide to do cardio, I'd rather not mix it with lifting.
>>
>>35986046
It's almost 11pm and so far I've fucked my gf of ten years 5 fucking times today. I'm exhausted. I have no semen left. Please woman. I need to recover.
>>
>>35986046
Wrestling tournament
I barely even wrestled. Lost 1st match, won 2nd and lost the 3rd so got eliminated. Despite the lack of wrestling i was pretty tired.
>>
>>35986166
My nigga
>>
hiking to Kalalau beach on Kauai. about 13 miles in pretty treacherous terrain with a 55 pound pack.

totally doable obviously but I could have been in better shape. amazing hike
>>
>>35986046
I dropped into a Strongman class and I had to carry one of those 200lb sandbags 50 feet and back doing a 1 minute on 1 minute off thing for 10 minutes.
It fucking sucked.
>>
>>35987422
Short shifts nigga
Your teammates hate you
>>
I worked for a party rental/florist one time when they needed extra people. It was loading and unloading chairs on my back 6-7 chairs at a time and setting them up where the party was being held. The first party was about an hour drive. we had to set up 2 days before because of how big it was. It was about 500 guests or more. Me and a few other guys would set up chairs, tables, sofas, and the bar. We spent those 2 days driving back and forth and setting up. The worst part was the people in charge would forget things so we would have to drive back and forth a few times. We only went home for about 3-4 hours to rest then had to come back to work so i would just sleep in my car. we finished setting up a few hours before the party. After those 2 and a half days we went to a hotel about an hour and a half away to set up. Same thing as the first party, but felt a bit easier, but only sleeping 6-8 hours total in 2 and a half days made me so tired that I couldn't even think straight. The set up and pick up for this party was also 2 and a half days and by the last day I was so sleep deprived and exhausted everything felt like I was in a dream. I was left sore and exhausted for almost a whole week after.
>>
>>35986046
in a single session, one day of wrestling practice in high school we did such an absurd amount of conditioning I think back and wonder how the fuck none of us dropped dead

in a more spread out fashion, during a summer home when I was in college I worked at a day camp and a movie theater, so having double days sometimes and working for 13 days straight left me perpetually exhausted. Still lifted tho
>>
20 man sparring. Basically you stay on and fight 20 dudes for 3 minute rounds. 14
>>
>>35989798
Damn. How do you stay hard for that long?
>>
>>35986046
tear up carpet for 9 hours on my first day at a new job while weighing 300lbs and being inactive my whole life

weird thing is my new job was delivering furniture
>>
>>35986046
2 hour motorcycle races. Floating at around 160-190BPM for 2 hours straight will wreck you
>>
>>35987064
Man that sounds fucking awesome and awful at the same time.

I really do want to get into kayaking I know a couple that owns a dinky kayaking tour company ran off a hippy sustainable farm down on the river. I'm sure they'd be glad to make an opening for me to help out in the summer but work/school has me all fucked up idk if I could ever take the time to actually get down therr. Maybe next summer though
>>
200m

H I L L S P R I N T S
I
L
L

S
P
R
I
N
T
S
>>
I was doing 4x/day football practices once in High School (played TE on both Varsity and JV) but at least theres always downtime. Only thing I can remember that hurt deep was doing a 2plate widowmaker
>>
Picking watermelons in Australia for 5 weeks. Consisting of squating down a few thousands a day lifting out a melon weighting roughy 6-7kg in 40 degree heat. Good fun though, pay was alright too
>>
bodyweight squats 100 reps as fast as possible
>>
This one time 70km march in combat gear, shit sucked.
That or some of the live fire drills with the company, i was a negev gunner and always had to be ahead of everyone when sprinting.
>>
>>35986046
Had sex for 3 hours with a fat chick
>>
Rugby 7s tournament. We only played 5 or so games that day but they are intense. Especially when you have to play every 90 minutes
>>
>>35987133
KEK
>>
Three week holiday in Spain with nothing but vodka, beer, drugs and cheese baguettes to sustain me.

Was literally crying on the way home because I was having a mental breakdown.
>>
>>35991661
3 day advance to contact with nearly 100 pounds in ruck.
>>
putting up with my ex
>>
>>35992363
...why did you do this?
>>
>>35986046
Probably the first day i ever did "conditioning" for football. Had no idea what to expect was 10 years old. So many sprints, crabwalks, bearwalks.
>>
Got freelanced for an event hire company and worked 16 hours straight. Had to set-up, which included heavy equipment, entertain yuppies for 2 hours and then pack down. The packing down was so incredibly exhausting. I was lucky enough to living in an apartment a couple of hundred metres from the hotel I worked at.
>>
>>35986046
1000 dynamic flutter kicks
>>
>>35986046
Jazz hands marathon
>>
Independent fieldwork in a war zone with little access to safety or food resources. Came back emaciated, with ptsd, mild alcoholism and without a penny to my name.
>>
File: off-piste620_1784286a.jpg (35 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
off-piste620_1784286a.jpg
35 KB, 620x388
>>35986046
Black slope skiing, your legs are dead at the end of the day and you have 0 energy.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.