[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brown or White rice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: Racewar.jpg (59 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
Racewar.jpg
59 KB, 500x334
Which one do you eat bros? Why?
>>
>>35981005
i eat brown but apparently simpler carbs like white rice are ideal for post workout.
>>
read some shit about brown being linked to estrogen production somehow or intefering with natty test. Stopped eating it immediately like the tool i am, think i skipped on white rice because of the carbs or something and i didn't like the way it tasted with chicken and eggs all mixed up.
>>
>>35981005
I eat both. Prefer white rice because it tastes better.
>>
>>35981101
Plz no, I have been eating brown rice all the time. Don't do this to me.
>>
>>35981188
i don't know for sure m8 never looked deeper into it like i said i'm a tool, heard one thing that sounded bad and jumped on the train like most of /fit/
>>
>>35981005
Brown rice takes a fuckload of effort to cook, and presents a meager improvement over white rice that it's almost negligible in the long run.

Black rice is excellent for it's nutritional value, and Basmati rice is just god tier for flavor and texture while still being healthier than most pastas and grains.
>>
>>35981005

http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/Metals/ucm319948.htm

I prefer brown rice but this is a problem
>>
>>35981005
Brown
>>
File: 1439729281425.jpg (34 KB, 485x440) Image search: [Google]
1439729281425.jpg
34 KB, 485x440
>cheaper
>easier to cook
>don't feel like eating 100g of fiber or even more since i'm already eating my greens and legumes
brown rice is a meme, white rice all the way
>>
>easier to cook

as if cooking rice is hard
>>
isn't rice just empty carbs

would you eat it on a cut?
>>
>>35981270
Brown rice requires 30 minutes to cook the husks, and 30 minutes more to actually cook.

I'm not waiting a fucking hour to cook some rice, fuck that shit, I'll cook my basmati in 20 minutes in the nukerowave.
>>
>>35981313
I don't know what rice your buying then, its normally 25-30 mins tops
>>
>>35981271
Over 10g protein per 100g
>>
>>35981313
Brown rice takes me the same time as white rice on the stove (30 min), the only difference is that I have to let brown rice simmer and I have to pay attention to it so that it doesn't burn.
>>
>>35981392
>>35981348
dunno what's wrong with mine then, cooking it on the stove the same as my white rice gets me a shitty, crunchy rice that isn't properly cooked.

I prefer basmati anyway as it's delicious and the texture is spot on. On top of that, it makes the best base rice for Fried Rice.
>>
>>35981392
you're doing something wrong then. white rice, doesn't matter if parboiled, basmati or w/e there is, takes 15min tops.

>1 part rice, 2 parts water in a pot
>put on stove and turn to max. heat
>when water starts to boil, turn heat down to the point where water is barely boiling
>let rice soak until water is almost entirely gone
>>
>>35981005

White rice since brown rice is not realy popular in germany.
>>
>>35981392
>>35981443
and don't put a lid on the pot.
>>
>>35981414
I follow the directions on the rice bag. If it's not cooked enough I add more water and let it go longer, I really don't care if my rice is overdone. Also if you let it soak in cold water for a while it might speed up cooking. Basmati is indeed the greatest.
>>
>>35981188
>>35981101
I heard the xenoestrogens from grains and veg have no effect or even raise natty test.

not to a significant degree to add muscle
>>
I eat brown rice, I just like it. I live at a higher altitude and brown rice has to simmer for 50 minutes in my experience.

I just make it at the same time I'm baking a bunch of chicken to meal prep while I watch tv or something.
>>
>>35981271
>empty carbs
Do you even know what this means
>>
>>35981005
Parboiled all the way
>>
>>35981605

That doesn't answer the question.. That's like asking white or brown bread and giving toast as an answer. Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>35981414

not a fan of basmati rice, i think it tastes gross, jasmine rice is far superior flavourwise
>>
Buckwheat because rice tastes gross.
>>
>>35981616
Only slightly. Parboiled white.

All you chunky fuckers who don't get with Parboiled needs go get wise. Pronto
>>
White, for racism matters
>>
>>35981005
Jasmine white rice
brown has phytic acid which inhibits proper nutrient absorption
>>
>>35981005
I eat brown because I really don't care what my food tastes like as long as it's not horrible.

i prefer white rice if i have gravy though. white rice + stewed beef + gravy is GOAT
>>
>>35981616
Incorrect. Where did you learn about parboiled rice? Cross fit?
>>
white because im asian and it tastes better.
>>
>>35981698
You should go with yellow rice then
>>
white b/c higher glycogen levels for muh keto diet
>>
>>35981005
Brown, out of habit, literally no reason for it.
>>
File: StickyRice.jpg (14 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
StickyRice.jpg
14 KB, 350x262
Sticky rice master race reporting in.

>sticky rice + milk + banana/ mango = elder god tier dessert
>>
>>35981754
your race is certainly a mix of subs
>>
neither both... 2 many carbs that no one needs.
But when I was consuming it... i'd say white taste much better also brown rice is like chewing garbage.
>>
>>35981711
They serve yellow rice at Pollo Tropical and when they asked white or yellow rice I was confused. I got the yellow rice thinkin itd be just brown rice but the color was actually yellow.
>>
>>35981801
Latinos learned how to use saffron, we are lost
>>
>>35981801
Yellow rice is the fucking shit
>>
basmati, jasmine
>>
>>35981877
If you never eat a good yellow rice, shut the fuck up, but not try to convince the others of your retardiness
>>
>>35981900
Wait, are you thinking I said yellow rice wasn't good?

Are you retarded?
>>
>the current year
>not mixing ur rice with lentils

hate gettin big or summat? comon
>>
>>35981227
>Brown rice takes a fuckload of effort to cook
get a rice cooker you dumb shit
>>
>>35981313
>ONE hour to cook brown rice

You dun goofed
Add boiling water to brown rice, bring to boil, turn down heat to low, put on a lid and let it simmer
Stir occasionally
This should take 30 mins
>>
>>35981931
You are my nigger.
>>
>>35981313
1 hour? You're not meant to cultivate the fucking plants, just buy some that is ready to cook
>>
>>35981956
>add boiling water
>bring to boil

Wat?
>>
>>35981005

>2016
>not eating forbidden rice
>not making it

Fucking peasants
>>
File: DSC03468.jpg (2 MB, 4912x3264) Image search: [Google]
DSC03468.jpg
2 MB, 4912x3264
BROWN RICE: Higher in fiber and minerals, things present in the grain shell. Lower glycæmic index, since it's slower to digest.

WHITE RICE: Processed rice to remove the shell, easier to cook, more delicious, less nutritive since it has fewer minerals. Higher glycæmic index because no shell, digests quicker.

---

Studies in mice have shown, without a doubt, that higher glycæmic index foods are more fattening. Higher glycæmic index means a higher blood glucose level, and a higher insulin spike to deal with all that sugar. Higher insulin equals higher fat storage and higher muscle protein synthesis IN THEORY. Studies done on humans have been shown to be inconclusive, and GI foods are not thought to be more fattening. General /fit/ consensus is to eat lower GI foods through the day to fuel the body, and higher GI foods after a workout together with a rich protein source to fuel the muscles.

Personally it doesn't matter if you are hitting your fiber macros, since fiber forms a gel in the stomach which slows the carbohydrate breakdown and therefore lower the GI of food. Aim for a 30g-40g of fiber/day. Oats and beans are a good source of fiber, are very delicious, and very nutritive.

>>35981931
This. You are doing it right. Rich fiber content of lentils essentially lowers the glycemic index of your rice.
>>
>>35981005
>Which one do you eat
Neither because I live in a First world country.
Sweet Potatoes contain much more nutrients and taste GOAT
>>
>>35982019
>doesn't think that adding something to boiling water decreases the temperature

have you even attended a school?
>>
>>35982139
Everyone raves about sweet taters but I just don't like them
>>
>>35982164
You're probably not making them right. I wasn't a fan at first. Add Thyme and roast - they taste amazing. Undercooked ones don't taste good.
>>
>>35982147
I don't think that adding boiling water to room temperature water lowers the temperature of the room temperature water.
>>
File: duty_calls.png (14 KB, 300x330) Image search: [Google]
duty_calls.png
14 KB, 300x330
>>35982177
*of the boiling water, faggot.
>>
>>35982191
I didn't misread him/you; I stated my opinion as is to make sure autism would not get in the way.
>>
File: TzuyuTwice.jpg (149 KB, 1024x1504) Image search: [Google]
TzuyuTwice.jpg
149 KB, 1024x1504
>>35982137
>more delicious

incorrect
>>
>>35982233
Well, my sense of taste is more important to me than yours, so that basically makes my statement correct.
>>
>>35982176
Will give it a try.
>>
>>35982268
>b-but muh perception of reality

get outta here with that epistemological bullshit famalamadingdong
>>
White rice is delicious even on it's own. Brown rice tastes like gritty dirt and isn't as good for you in comparison as faggots make it out to be

Though with how awful brown rice tastes I don't care if it'd give me fucking super powers to eat a bowl a day. I honestly can't fathom how people eat it. Literally like eating gravel imho
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.