[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a Certified Personal Trainer Anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4
Ask a Certified Personal Trainer Anything
>>
>>35975667
What's more effective: working out everyday while exercising one muscle group per session or working out your full body 3 times a week?
>>
>>35975667
did you see zoolander 2 yet?
>>
>>35975750
Totally depends on your goals and how much time you have
>>
>>35975755
I haven't even seen Zoolander 1 yet
>>
>>35975667
Is getting paid shit money to spout broscience after your two week course fun?
>>
>>35975785
It was a semester long course that I just did because I enjoy fitness. I dont plan on being a PT as a career. They dont make money.
>>
File: 6V6YvrQ.jpg (99 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
6V6YvrQ.jpg
99 KB, 1680x1050
>>35975667
How long should I give a weight loss routine to judge if its working or requires adjustment?
>>
>>35975667
How would you implement a full body day consisting of heavy sets of the six main compound lifts (squet, diddly, bench, OHP, rows, and pullups) into a program?
>>
>>35975825
With weight loss you need to focus way more on diet than on any lifting routine. So essentially lift to meet your physique or strength goals. But eat at a caloric deficit that will allow you to lose weight. Idk any of your specific info but you can still lift for strength or aesthetics and see results while losing weight. It's more based on adherence with your diet.
>>
If I get dubs, do I go tale a shower?
>>
>>35975667
How big is your dick?
>>
>>35975866
DUBS CHEQ'UM
>>
Hi bruh, i got diareah. Fml right nigga?
>>
>>35975866
Tale that shower, you fuck.
>>
>>35975851
I wouldn't really do that to be honest. It's very taxing on your CNS unless you have a lot of time to rest inbetween sets. I would at least split it into upper lower days.

Or you can use a DUP style program where you do 2 of them for heavy sets and then the rest for hypertrophy.
>>
>>35975869
Pretty normal
>>
>>35975897
I've gotten to a point where I believe an increase in frequency would do me good and I've been toying with the idea.

I'm doing a weird bro split now to get some dynamic effort work in but hitting a muscle group once a week sucks. I'm recovering too quickly.
>>
>>35975897
I was thinking about switching to a much more intense program from my PPLPPLx. It would be ABABABx. A would be primary compounds and supplements to them (squat, bench, diddlydoo neighborino with back) save OHP, and then B day would be arms and shoulders with OHP and supplements. 18/M by the way, so really fast recovery. Is it doable? Would it be any more effective than just PPLPPLx?
>>
>>35975883
Ikr? smfh
>>
>>35975864
I jog for weight loss, I try for losing 500 cals a day on running. If Im eating at a defect, how long before I start to see the numbers on the scale fall?
>>
>>35975954
What is your main goal? Get stronger or bigger? Get leaner?

It all depends on your goal but you're hitting a point of diminishing returns where it really doesn't make sense to add more volume than you're already doing. PPLPPLx is already a huge amount of volume.

What's your main goal?
>>
>>35975667
What makes you think you know more about fitness than a rock?
>>
>>35975667
Is calories in > calories out true? I will still lose weight as long as I eat whatever I want within my caloric goals?
>>
>>35975982
If at the end of each day you are down 500 calories you should lose a pound a week. It's hard to see that on a scale.

Measure your weight every morning after using the restroom but before eating or drinking.

Keep track of that for 2 or 3 weeks. If it is consistently down then keep going! If not try to figure out whats going wrong.

Also think about how you ate the day before and how salty it was and how much water you drank.

Dont worry about small fluctuations from day to day. Just make sure that over weeks you're down consistently.
>>
>>35976000
Theoretically it is true. However in truth measuring calorie consumption is extremely difficult and there is so much more science coming out showing that different people react differently to all kinds of food. So eat good foods until you feel satiated and you should be good.
>>
>>35975986
Stronger and leaner. Training to be a firefighter so having an inhuman lower body and back+as little weight as possible would be beneficial (hence squats and diddlydoos 3x a week). Maybe do back/legs A day and everything else B day, since they're lower priority?
>>
>92
lol u dum as fuk
>>
>>35975954
What does your PPL look like?
>>
>>35976014
Thanks man, much appreciated.
>>
File: bbell-squat-heels-raise-b-male.jpg (25 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
bbell-squat-heels-raise-b-male.jpg
25 KB, 300x400
>>35975667
Is /fit/ right when they say you'll only make it with squats and deadlifts? Other fitness authorities says that they are not really that important and there's no "must" exercise
>>
>>35976034
I would honestly just do an upper/lower split.

something along the lines of:

Monday:
Deadlift
squat
lunges
(some pullups for fun)

Tuesday
BB rows
Bench
Pullups
bis
tris

thursday
speed deadlifts
goblet squats
calf raises

friday
OHP
Pullups
BB rows
Incline Bench

Add whatever hypertrophy stuff you want for your specific physique and change anything you like but thats the direction I would take it.
>>
>>35975785
fucking glorious

>>35975667
Do your parents know you're gay?
>>
>>35976051
P=Chest&tri
P2=Back&bi
L=Legs&Shoulders (I can't do shoulders and chest on the same day)
P/P/L/P/P/L/x

The more I think about it what I think I'll do (if I go with the new idea)
A=Legs, Back, and bi (pullups and chinups involve biceps so might as well)
B=Chest, Shoulders, and triceps
A/B/A/B/A/B/x
>>
>>35976069
There is no exercise that every single person has to do.

with that being said Squats and deadlifts are some of the best exercises for lower body development.

There arent many people who SHOULDNT do them. But dont do them if you dont like them .

Every exercise is replaceable.
>>
>>35976095
Thanks! How would you replace barbell rows and deadlifts? The target is strength initially and then some hypertrophy, nothing crazy.
>>
>>35976095
aaaaand into the /trash/ you go

goddamn you idiots are clueless. No wonder no one except fatties and beginners respect you
>>
>>35976072
pham what about accessory exercises? I can go in 6 days a week right now (taking 6 credits and not working) so I'd like to take advantage of that
>>
>>35976069
No, you absolutely do not need squats and deadlifts. That said, they are very good exercises for any goal as both exercises hit a ton of different muscle groups especially stabilizer muscles.

To answer the crux of your question, you can get jacked solely on machine isolations. Seriously, you could never do a single compound lift or free weight exercise and be fine. It would be a very retarded way to do it, but you definitely can do it.
>>
>>35976108
Pullups for back. Glute ham raises for deadlifts
>>
>>35976109
>y-you have to do exercises you don't like or you'll never look good

how's SS going fatty? Better get to work on that gallon of milk.
>>
>>35976115
Do an Arm day and do a high intensity interval training day.

As for accessories that depends on your specific physique goals. I dont know what heads of your shoulder need to get bigger proportionately or anything like that
>>
>>35975667
150lbs
20%BF
5'8

Trying to train for football and get back into that physique, I already have a routine but what would u reccommend diet wise pal? TDEE is 2500kcal. Should I first drop to 10 - 14% BF then bulk or should I just flat out clean bulk with 100 calories over TDEE? I have untill late august to achieve this goal, all my lifts are in the novice range except my squat which is at an intermediate range. ( bench is 135lbs fucking cancer) Thanks plenty trainer bro.
>>
>>35976144
If i were in your position I would eat at maintenance and keep lifting heavy. Stay the same weight and decrease your BF%
>>
>>35976133
>fatty
if you only knew ....
>>
>>35976165
So body recomp? Thanks trainerbro I really appreciate the advice, honestly all the people I look up to training wise ( candito, scooby) have recommended the same diet plan. But people on /fit/ still believe the cant gain muscle and lose fat mayme. None the less, thanks for the re-assurance; nice to have some qualified opinions on this matter.
>>
I'm going to leave in 15 minutes. Let me know if anyone else has any questions.
>>
>>35976265
No problem!
>>
>>35976165
Wait a sec, so you actually believe in body recomp instead of cutting/bulking cycles? It feels like a myth to me, how does your metabolism follow opposite pathways at the same time?

Also: for fat loss, better hitting the bicycle on a HIIT or LISS fashion? provided that in both ways I'm going hard enough
>>
>>35976395
Your body is way more complicated than the basic formula of calories in vs calories out. Obviously that is a great starting point but it is not 100% true for every person.

It is entirely possible to gain muscle and lose bodyfat at the same time. It might be slower than bulking/cutting, but it will work over time.

And try both out and see what you enjoy more. I personally enjoy HIIT wayyyy more than LISS. It just feels more fun.

Both are good.

HIIT will have a lot of positive effects on your VO2 max but LISS will do the trick.

Depends on what you like, and how much time you have.
>>
See you all later! I might be back at some other random time when I'm bored.

Thanks for your questions.
>>
>PTA Global

lol
>>
>>35975766
No fucking way, bro-split are horrible; way too much volume per session
>>
File: mushroom-burger-340x382.jpg (48 KB, 340x382) Image search: [Google]
mushroom-burger-340x382.jpg
48 KB, 340x382
>>35975667
I have a double Doctorate PHD in Rocket Surgery AMA
>>
>>35976630
Some people can actually handle the volume though.
>>
how did noone ask if he fucked any of his clients???

fuckin fags
>>
>>35975667
Besides cardio what are other ways to exercise if the person has partially torn rotator cuff.
>>
>>35975667
Thanks for the opportunity OP.

Trying to lower the bodyfat to 10% while on a 200-300cal def cut and working out 6 days a week.
How is my schedule look in your opinion, also note that I'm working out at 12am-1am due to my work schedule with my protein shake (or mixed with water if cals are reached)

M- Bi/Tri, 30min walk in the morning and 30 min post workout
T- Chest, same cardio as Mon
W- 45 min HIIT Sprints
Th- Shoulder/Back 30min medium intensity swim using shoulders and back oriented strokes
F-Chest, hour brisk walk in morning
S- 45min HIIT Sprint or Bike uphill to work legs

I'm noticing gains but wanted to check a CPT's take.
Thanks in advance mate.
>>
>>35976711
because he just passed the exam
>>
>>35975667
What are god tier cutting foods/meals that you'd recommend to your clients

I'm sure it's just "vegetables" but anything in particular?
>>
>>35976784
It is outside of personal trainers scope of practice to give medical advice or information. Contact a physical therapist.
>>
>>35977100
The schedule is significantly less important than how strictly you adhere to it. Try that routine out for a month and see how you feel and see if you have any results. That's the best way to go about it.
>>
>>35977247
High volume vegetables and fruits. So things like zucchini, eggplant, celery, cucumbers. As far as meals go, Fitmencook has a ton of great recipes that you can use and he includes the macros. I love the turkey quinoa pasta recipe he has
>>
I'm back. Feel free to ask some more questions!

Name is now changed to trainerbro lol
>>
>>35977667
Just trying to get a 3rd opinion. So far 2 Physical therapist told me only cardio such as running is okay. So I'll stick to it I guess.
>>
>>35977758
You can always just go to another another physical therapist. I wish I could help more but it's just not something I'm educated on, or able to help with.

Good luck!
>>
Why do i always find myself into the broken girls
>>
>>35977981
>girls????
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.