[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how fucked would you be if pre workouts didnt exist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: r.jpg (76 KB, 568x960) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
76 KB, 568x960
how fucked would you be if pre workouts didnt exist
>>
not at all
>>
The only pre workout I take is coffee because I'm not a faggot
>>
File: 1454599424099.jpg (65 KB, 680x818) Image search: [Google]
1454599424099.jpg
65 KB, 680x818
>>35971450
one large 7-11 coffee is my pre-workout. seems to do the trick for me
>>
What is a preworkout? Is that some plastic bullshit a genius came up with to rip idiots off of money?
>>
>>35971450

Never took any except caffeine.
>>
>>35971486
Mein flammenwerfer
>>
>>35971501
Its a supplement, typically in the form of powder, which is taken prior to working out for the purpose of increased energy, blood circulation, and willpower.
>>
>>35971450
4 scoops??? CMON
>>
My preworkout is school
>>
>>35971450
Willpower is my powder
>>
>>35971519
>plastic bullshit a genius came up with to rip idiots off of money
No.
>>
>>35971534
my workout is preschool
>>
I used to use Mutant Mayhem, then I tried that 5% 5150, and it was like WHOA HOLY SHIT.
Once I'm out of that, I'll try to get my hands on some Kill It (even if it's not as hard as 5150), and some Cannibal Ferrox.
>>
File: pino.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
pino.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
ITT
>>
>>35971472
>>35971480
>>35971486
>>35971509
>>35971535
i salute you /fit/izens. send me your powers.
>>
Eh actually prefer not to use it.
Almost passed out twice at work during the last week so stimulants can suck a fuck
>>
my preworkout is walking from my car to the gym in zero degree weather

>tfw minnesota
>>
>>35971450
If pre-workout didn't exist nobody would feel the need for it...

Seriously, do no-stims for 2 weeks and you'll have the same energy level at the end. You'll just have a drop the first days.
>>
File: 1399648519332.jpg (30 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
1399648519332.jpg
30 KB, 500x359
>>35971699
>Seriously, do no-stims for 2 weeks and you'll have the same energy level at the end.
>>
>>35971622
> caffeine based preworkout
> "hard"
choose one
>>
>>35971450
You mean chocolate milk? I dunno, man, I fucking love chocolate milk.
>>
>>35971737
No it's absolutely true I haven't used pw for like a month and I feel the same now than when I was on it
>>
>>35971791
I mean, it's empirically false, but ok. You probably feel like that because you don't know how to cycle it in such a way that you don't become a tolerant addict. Taking it every day will fuck up your natural energy levels, but if you use it like a non-mongoloid, you won't fall into that trap. At the bare minimum, we can speak about the big ingredient, caffeine, which has tons of scientific backing reflecting increased energy. The point is that you don't need to be a retard and go all straight edge.
>>
Guys do you take your coffee hot or cold?
>>
>>35971875
I just eat the beans out of the bag because they taste good imo.

Does that answer your question?
>>
>tfw my pre workout is that first warmup set
>tfw can be tired as fuck, soon as I bench or squat that 1pl8 for a warmup feel a burst of energy
>>
File: image.jpg (427 KB, 1200x1319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
427 KB, 1200x1319
Recently I have been having a timtam before I have a workout. It's the only non healthy food in my diet. It gives me a sugar hit that makes me go off. I know it sounds dumb but it works for me. A timtam and a workout are my second and first favorite parts of the day. My life is sad.

All psychological. Preworkouts will never be as good as the old Jack3d so for the sake of your body don't bother.
>>
My preworkout is some fruits and pure water for hydration and a good source of easy to digest carbohydrates.
>>
>>35972006
> all coke will never be as good when there was cocaine in it
>>
>>35971450
I dont use them
>>
DYEL: the thread
>>
What brand of coffee? There's like super caffeine coffee.

What should I use?
>>
I don't take pre-workout, I just drink coffee
>>
>>35971450
>actually believes that its needed
>buying useless supps
>>
I buy bulk dmaa and take that with some caffeine if I need a boost.
>>
Dropped preworkouts two weeks ago & just have 2 oz. of coffee right before I walk in. I feel so much better. Sure, I don't go full zombie beast mode for 2+ hours, but the no anxiety & depression is fantastic. Prolonged usage of that shit wrecks my mental stability.
>>
>didnt exist

impossible

my preworkout is fermented shitgas

all i need is a glass bottle and my own fecal matter
>>
It's marketing bullshit anyway, so not at all. Just eat like a normal human and you are fine.
>>
>allergic to pre workout
I'm not sure which specific ingredient, but I've tried pretty much everything and gotten hives each time.

Idk when I became allergic either. One day I just felt super itchy and thought wtf... Looked in mirror and sure enough I had hives everywhere.

Now I just drink some mildly caffeinated beverage before workouts.
Feel better afterwards I guess
>>
>>35971872
You realise the guy wasn't talking about your energy during workouts, right?

If you stop stims like go from 8 coffees in the day (standard desk jockey) to 0 your mean energy level will probably go up because your surrenal glands aren't always stressed. You'll sleep better and thus have more energy during the day.

You will still benefit from a pre-workout (and with even more effect) but you would probably not miss it if you didn't have it.

I mean, do you realy positively need to perform at your best this workout? If you say more reps = more stress and thus more adaptation you are wrong. Why? Because the two reps you squeezed with your pre-workout will have a very tiny benefit while the lack of a good rest resulting from the pre-workout will negatively impact your growth by a good margin
>>
>>35971480
I love you

No homo
>>
File: 1433684082904.gif (685 KB, 495x378) Image search: [Google]
1433684082904.gif
685 KB, 495x378
>>35971875
>cold coffee
>>
File: yes. cold coffee..jpg (48 KB, 351x265) Image search: [Google]
yes. cold coffee..jpg
48 KB, 351x265
>>35974116
>>
File: Gnar-Pump-komodo_copia_grande.png (359 KB, 542x600) Image search: [Google]
Gnar-Pump-komodo_copia_grande.png
359 KB, 542x600
>>
>>35971571
Underrated desu senpai
>>
>>35971450
Pwo r really bad 4 u trust me
>>
>>35971450
I mastered beserker mode so no
>>
>>35971450
4 Shots of espresso because. nothing else. Pre workouts is shite !
>>
Ive been using pwo for about 5yrs. Ill admit that in terms of performance theres no difference whether i take it or not. Ive actually been off since November and my lifting feels fine.

But pwo guarantees this headrush for me which i really enjoy. Id have to take about a gram of caffeine pills to replicate what a scoop or 2 of pwo does.

If i take that much caffeine from pills i feel sick, have no appetite and probably even nausea.

And some pwos are pretty potent that you do get insomnia and personally i think thats great. You pay like 80 cents per day and get this potent effect. Ill spend more in a bar in one night than few months pwo.
>>
>>35971656
Ok learn how to get aggresive. That's more important than any preworkout, any steroid you could pin in your ass, or any diet you can do.
>>
>mfw people still need to rely on preworkout in order to go to the gym

I stayed away from preworkout because broke and I hate coffee so I really don't consume caffeine at all. At this point I feel fine and have energy when I go workout so I don't see a point in taking some now.
>>
>>35971501
Expensive caffeine powder for teenagers who wanna be XtReMe
>>
File: ujuhkjl.jpg (34 KB, 539x288) Image search: [Google]
ujuhkjl.jpg
34 KB, 539x288
>>35975943
>>
>>35971534

lmao same

i got my brain fried by my diff eq class today and right after went to lift even though it's a rest day ~~desu t b q h f a m~
>>
I don't use any sort of caffeine or preworkout. Would I see a difference in performance if I did? Is it worth?
>>
>>35971450
taking pre workouts
being natty

pick one
>>
>>35971480
Mah nigga
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 236x236
>>35971450
>Preworkout? Oh yes. I take one scoop of Mental Toughness® and one scoop of Discipline™. But guess what OP? I had two servings this morning.
>>
I use preworkout maybe once a week. Usually I just drink coffee. It's only a "I'm not fucking doing this" day remedy. Which is usually Tuesday because benching at 5am is a pain
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.