[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Gym receptionists Who started this meme? What is their purpose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9
File: Receptionists.jpg (389 KB, 1698x1377) Image search: [Google]
Receptionists.jpg
389 KB, 1698x1377
>Gym receptionists

Who started this meme? What is their purpose?
>>
File: man-drinking-coffee.png (55 KB, 587x700) Image search: [Google]
man-drinking-coffee.png
55 KB, 587x700
>>35966040
>What is their purpose?

To freak you autists out
>>
my gym receptionists are either gym bros or chicks with fake boobs, fake tan, fake nails and fake eyelashes
>>
To keep the autists coming back each day after when she says something nice they think "I'm getting so close :D"
>>
>>35966079
>walk in the gym
>receptionist asks how i'm doing
>g-good
>>
They're examples of females.
>These are the things that you will be talking to when you get swole af family
>>
>>35966091
the only thing fake about the receptionists where I live is their dyed blonde hair. they're all tight-bodied little yoga teens with perky B or C cups who are almost always found in workout clothes, yoga pants, etc., because they actually use said gym and run classes and shit like that.
>>
>>35966111
Superman does good, you do well
>>
Are you really supposed to tip them over a dollar each time?
Seems a bit excessive.
>>
File: file.png (65 KB, 160x206) Image search: [Google]
file.png
65 KB, 160x206
>>35966040
Why is this bitch so smug? What does she know that I don't?
>>
>>35966155
i've literally never heard of tipping receptionists at the gym or anywhere else.
>>
>>35966199
are you european?
>>
>>35966199
cuz you euros don't tip
a service fee is taken off your gym membership
>>
you guys tip your gym receptionist, right?
>>
>>35966199

Never gonna make it
>>
>>35966199
Hehehe...
>>
>>35966205
no. am i being memed? it's been awhile since I've been on /fit/
>>
>>35966199
LOL what? You've been going to the gym all this time and not tipping the receptionist?

that's AWKWARD..

now you know why they look at you weird
>>
My gym receptionist is a 40 something bear mode black man
>>
>>35966229
Does he give you post workout "massages" as part of the gym membership?
>>
>>35966254
No but he calls me jewfro and asked me about why I shower at the gym in swim trunks
>>
>Receptionists says, "have a good day"
>I respond with, "You too!"

Just fucking end it
>>
>>35966199
I've been to 3 different gyms here in NY and everyone tips. Except planet fitness. But they don't count as a gym.
>>
>scanning my membership card so I can use the gym
>say "gym please"
>given my wristband
>"have a good workout, anon!"
>"y-you t- thank you"
>paranoid entire workout about how she knew my name

Make it stop
>>
The gym receptionist is your kike gym owner's way of making sure you scan in every time, so niggers don't walk in for free. For maximum shekels Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>university gym
>they have a system that show your picture to the receptionist every time you swipe your card
>go everyday at the same time, without a fault
>swipe
>go in
>"sir, sir, sir!!! can you please come back?!?!?"
>go back
>"you are not the one in this picture"
>old picture, kinda of fat, big hair and big asymmetrical beard
>present in shape, short undercut hair and two days beard
>girl looks at me for 5 seconds
>recognizes her mistake
>apologizes
>Feel like a champ, my workouts are given results overtime

Overall a great experience with them, they doesn't care about train and doesn't interfere with my exercises, always help me with any issues in the gym.
>>
File: 1403839713950.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1403839713950.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>MFW I forget to tip the gym receptionist and she 'forgets' to properly secure the cage for my falcon

Hessian was perched at the upstairs pullup bar before somebody notified me
>>
>>35966734

I know it's wrong to laugh at your misfortune, but I am.
>>
>>35966555
Dubs trips no lie
>>
>>35966734
Hessain is a terrible name for an imaginary falcon
>>
>gym receptionist stories

>9.5/10 powerQT with unreal body working counter
>walk in with my typical blank expression, absent mindedly trying to get past the qt (and thus, the reminder of the pain of loneliness) and get on with my sesh
>"hi!" *blasts me with 10,000megawatt smile*
thinking to myself "please dont, youre killing me"
>"hi"
>"dont look so disappointed!!" :D
>mumble something autistic
>walk away

another time
>new manager is a twiggy QT
>2nd in line to get scanned for check-in, 3rd in line is a 9/10 ive seen a few times but has a BF that im like 65% sure is tomas tatar from the red wings
>my turn now, hand barcode tab on my keys to manager chick
>slip out of my hands to the floor
"...really" as i pick em up
>9/10 behind me giggles
>feel like I actually turned a bad thing into a good thing
>try again
>drop them again on the floor
>"wow good god wth"
>pick them up, get them over the counter, drop them a third fucking time before manager girl can get a hand under them
>im at a loss, say something about not dipping my keys in butter before coming to the gym

im sure there are more. god im hopeless.
>>
>>35966199
Yeah if you're European you won't have, but in places like London it's starting to become a thing.
>>
>>35966146
Don't ever say I'm doing well even if it's grammatically correct. You'll look like a try hard autist
>>
>>35966794
>>35966794
He's not imaginary. Besides his previous owner was German he only responds to Hessian.
>>
>>35966799
>at counter
>tries to scan in
>no beep
>adjust card position and try again
>still no beep
>"Excuse me, would you like me to-"
>"N-no it's fine. Almost got it"
>mfw I don't got it
>stand there with a line behind me and try 2 more times before the machine beeps
>
>>
>>35966146
>implying going to work out and get gains for the gains God isn't good
>>
>>35966155
You're supposed to tip your fedora ya dangus.
>>
>>35966814
Hessian is a sick name desu
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hessian_matrix
>>
This is why I'll never be able to go to a gym.
>>
>>35966860
The qt blonde gym receptionist stared at me while i was looking at my card. I think she has a crush on me.
>>
>>35966224
yeah it's a meme
>>
>>35966555
>get terrible service
>still you are the only one judged if you dont tip
somehow theres people in this website that still thinks USA is a first world country
>>
>everyone just walks past receptionists and never show gym membership card to them
>there's a sign that says 'must present membership card to reception' as you walk in
>tfw not sure whether im supposed to show my membership card or not
>tfw sometimes when receptionists are busy talking to somebody i end up standing there waiting like a retard for 3 minutes as other members just walk on in ignoring the sign

pretty sure everybody thinks im autistic
>>
>>35966799
>mumble something autistic
/thread
>>
>>35966275
What's wrong with that?
>>
File: 1454997212994.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1454997212994.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2000
>>35966682
You're making it brah, congrats :)
>>
>>35966040
In my gym they remindo you if your membership is expering, they take payment when you have to pay said membership, sell water bottles and towels. Im sure they do other things se dont realize
>>
omg tipping the receptionist
what kind of service do they actually provide? they are literally useless and can be replaced with a machine
do you amerikuks tip the cleaning lady in the locker/shower area? that would actually make more sense
>>
File: pepe31.jpg (238 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
pepe31.jpg
238 KB, 1280x960
>>35966194
I'm seeing some resemblance
>>
File: well_memed.jpg (71 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
well_memed.jpg
71 KB, 803x688
>>35967157
>>
There's a café attached to my gym reception on the other side of the barrier so they work that as well.

They're also the people I had to tell when I drove into someone's car yesterday.
>>
>>35966931
That would be because you are.
>>
I go to a small familial gym. Owner is the receptionist but there are max 100 people that signed up so he rarely attend the desk.

Cleanest gym ever. Everyone cleans up after they work out and we sometimes help him maintaining machines and such
>>
>>35966813
That or someone well mannered and brought up through the best schooling...
>>
>>35966040
>mfw gym receptionist is qt from highschool who thinks im an awkward creep

Woops senpai
>>
I had just finished doing bis and tris and had a mad pump and as i was leaving i decided to try to hit on this qt white asian one and got shut down so hard and then she started laughing with the other female receptionist and i left so quickly with my tail between my legs now im going to cry myself to sleep :(
>>
>>35966199
It's taking off in the UK now, when I first joined my current gym all of the staff were rude as fuck to begin with. Even the cleaners used to give me shit for wearing my hat indoors.

Then I noticed on the board in reception they have a tipping policy, nothing too ridiculous, I can get away with tipping once every few days rather than every time I go, but the staff are super helpful and friendly now.
>>
>>35966814
If the previous owner was German he'd have called him Hesse.
>>
Aren't they there to sign new members?
>>
>>35967153
>not tipping the staff
>being a third world savage
Pick 2
>>
>>35966734

I would like to invite Hessian to a playdate with Mordecai
>>
>>35966734
this is a /tv/ meme stop immediately
>>
>>35966931
Roid rage blurs out signs and letters from your vision.
>>
My gym is full of lazy assholes, so the receptionists main job seems to be reracking weights and organizing the anarchy everyone leaves behind.

Idk why I still pay for my gym membership, the mon-fri receptionist knows me and just waves me in without bothering to scan my key fob.
>>
>>35966910
By definition the US is first world you dip!
>>
File: 1455062953434.png (2 MB, 1362x1350) Image search: [Google]
1455062953434.png
2 MB, 1362x1350
>>35966040
I wish my gym was like this. I shit you not my gym has 4 gay male receptionists workign there and 2 or 3 average women at best. Would love to see some qt3.14s
>>
>>35966620
you know they see it on their computer when putting your checking you in right? my gym even makes photos of everyone so only you can use your card and can get in even when you forget it
>>
>>35968092
Dopethrone :)
>>
>>35966734
>tfw my gym started a no singles policy
>>
>>35966264
w

why do you shower in swim trunks anon
>>
>>35966111
you mean...

>y-you too
>>
>>35966111
>>35966146
this must be embarrassing for you
>>
My gym receptionist is incredibly fat. Is the brother of one of the trainers. You have to give him your inscription card that is card shelf inside the gym. He says hi, and then watches shit in his Ipad.
>>
>>35966040
their job is to seduce fat ass baby boomers and autists to get more memberships.
>>
>>35966910
>falling for such a basic meme
Eurodumbs everyone
>>
my gyms receptionist looks like a slightly taller Bridget Powers.

kinda hot desu.
midget booty.
>>
>>35966091
>>35966141
This sounds amazing
All the receptionists at my gym are minimum wage school dropouts who dont even lift
>>
>>35966091

All of our receptionists are fat or chubby. Our "trainers" are all somewhat fit. Except for some older lady they tried to stick me with
>>
>>35970216
''don't even lift'' pretty much describes 90% of pts i've seen. i wonder what their purpose is though. i mean, why choose a career in the fitness industry if you're not passionate about it? and they're mostly prettybois too. looking like they were bred in some lab like Disneyland employees.
and i get that some companies won't hire people if they look too swole becaus muh intimidation but then why are there any PTs that actually lift at all?
>>
>>35970299
If you look at pts qualifications its always all the kinds of bullshit that they teach at gyms to normies
So basically, they youre rigt they DONT lift
>>
File: 1451154908749.jpg (70 KB, 520x599) Image search: [Google]
1451154908749.jpg
70 KB, 520x599
>>35966275
>>35967070
>sat in the reception at my old job
>"have a nice weekend sir!"
>"You to!"

It was a Tuesday. I did see him stop slightly outside on the parking lot.
>>
>>35970414
i actually have two PT qualifications (planning to open a gym some day but not working in the fitness industry atm) and the licence i got actually included mostly scientifically sound knowledge even talking about the disadvantages of machine training and the like. but the reason why they still push their gimmicky exercise bullshit into their licenses is because they're financed by some of those people.
>>
>>35970495
makes sense
>>
>>35970493
jej
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.