[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is "retard strength" real or just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13
File: retard strength.webm (3 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
retard strength.webm
3 MB, 640x640
Is "retard strength" real or just a meme?
>>
Well, the only reason we're so weak in general is because sensations of pain kick in to stop us from causing self harm. If said mentally handicapped individual has a lack of sensation or cannot feel pain then they would be capable of pushing their body further.
>>
humans in general can only use 20-30% of their muscle at any time. there are barriers in our brains that prevent us from going beyond this threshold.
for those with mental handicaps however, these barriers are compromised, allowing them to surpass normal limitations, albeit with increased risk of bodily harm.
>>
>>35947488
Well he's struggling on the entry weight to deadlifting and he's fucking massive so...
>>
Paid donut wrangler here with some anecdotal evidence. My first client was a 6'4, 250 lb man well in his 60s. When he finally snapped (couldn't conform to the standards of care I had to, by law, give him), he busted down my front door and ran from me. I had a pretty solid door, and he ran @ roughly 8mph for a good 3-4 miles. Before this incident (at least the 6 months in my care), he rarely left the bed on any given day.
>>
>>35947488
some of the effects of down syndrome are lack of muscle mass and general muscle weakness, it takes more effort for people that suffer from the condition to succeed in any physical activity or sport
>>
File: dat face tho.jpg (103 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
dat face tho.jpg
103 KB, 640x640
>>35947620
>>
Retard strength is higher than normal person strength.

Guy who deadlifts lmao6pl8 just for training isn't normal person strength. Shit, the guy who does pullups regularly is above normal.
>>
>>35947631
Sounds hilarious
>>
>>35947488
miring that form though
>>
>>35947488
I used to transport retards, and there was this one guy who basically rocked back and forward all day to Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash all day at extreme speed. One day I came into his room to get him ready and his caretaker was getting him dressed, and he had ridiculous abs.
>>
>>35947650
Imagine a 24 year old dude chasing a guy in his 60's through the cold, quiet country night. The old man is on foot, the 24 year old is just creeping in an Impala. On occasion, the old man looks back and shouts a string of expletives laced with worry and fear.
>>
Why is he holding it so weird?
>>
File: checked.webm (203 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
checked.webm
203 KB, 600x340
>>35947644
this is my last rep face right here.
>>
>>35947644
Looks like that mimi muppet
>>
>>35947675
Kek'd throughout
>>
>>35947488
>tfw heavy deadlifting with a 10 inch tongue
>>
>>35947729
Newfag detected.
It's called mixed grip.
>>
>>35947644
>patrick.avi
>>
Anyone have the pasta about the tard with jacked calfs because he walked on his toes all day?
>>
>>35947841
I think he is confused because of the mutated short arms.
>>
retards are actually pretty weak, retard strength comes from their inability to hold back at all when dealing with other people, physically-wise

srsly tho, a symptom of down syndrome is poor muscle tone and low strength
>>
>>35947675
I believe that's the key to retard strength. Retards are physically active during every waking moment, because they simply cannot control themselves. As a result, they become quite strong.
>>
>>35947853
>hivemind
>>
I heard that the reason chimps and gorrilas are so stromg is that they lack fine motor skills, making them far more unco-ordinated than us, but able to use far more muscle at any one time, and thus stronger.

Maybe a similair thing is replicated in handicapped humans.
>>
>>35947596
That means that Eddie hall can deadlift 3000 pounds or Spoto can bench 2100 pounds.
It's pure nonsense

>>35947488
It's a meme- retards are less inhibited and likely to not consider potential self harm , however. Retards tend to have more resting muscle tone, so perhaps their CNS is in hyperdrive and muscles slightly more hypertrophied compared to the average person who doesn't strength train.
>>
>>35947675
>>35947675

Underrated
>>
>>35947966
>Retards tend to have more resting muscle tone,
It's the opposite, actually

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00045

>The most common musculoskeletal effects of Down syndrome include weak muscle tone (hypotonia) and ligaments that are too loose (ligament laxity). This leads to excessive joint flexibility.
>>
Anecdote:

I used to go to a YMCA when I was a kid like 20 years ago for karate. They had an absolutely shitty nautilus there for weights, including one of those bench press machines from the 80s. No one really used it except this one down syndrome guy, who would do one set of like 6000 @ 150 pounds. Its like he was too stupid to get tired.
>>
File: tSqERUX.jpg (34 KB, 636x960) Image search: [Google]
tSqERUX.jpg
34 KB, 636x960
>>35947488
Ask this guy if it's real.
>>
>>35947993
Oh. I guess I'm a retard, then
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flQZcosp2-k

Absolutely related.
>>
File: 1451876030618.png (60 KB, 206x208) Image search: [Google]
1451876030618.png
60 KB, 206x208
>>35948015
>>
>>35948040
>benches more than he squats
>>
>>35948040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jigoobFgvBk
>>
>he's stronger than me
>must be because he's retarded
Fucking kill yourselves

That down syndrome guy had the mental strength and perseverance to surpass you shitposting faggots.
>>
>>35948155
>mental strength
Its actually the lack of mental strength that allows these guys to train at extremes.
>>
>>35948165
Lack of mental strength means you give up you idiot
>>
Last rep face thread.
>>
>>35948179
But if you lack even that you are too stupid to give up. If you train a dog to fetch enough, he isnt going to refuse because he is tired.
>>
>>35947558
exactly this here^
>>
>>35948165
Show me one scientific evidence of that

Oh wait you have none. Fuck off weakfag. I know faggots like you. You're the shithead that shittalks about other lifters to your shithead friend while you deadlift 2plates because you don't wanna go too heavy.
>>
>>35948208
I guess you are right, let me go reference your pubmed artic......ohhhhhhh
>>
I hate when retards try to sound smart by parroting shit they heard and passed as "common sense" with no proof

Just like when retards tried to sound superior saying the earth was flat, natural sugar is better than processed sugar because its natural, cigarettes kill germs in the mouth and help you look younger, and every fallacy in the book.
>>
>>35947596
kind of like how these people only use 20% of their brains
>>
>>35947488
It's a joke- if it meant anything more than a small edge over the average person >>35948207

Bullshit. If you could bypass all pain, your body would break and shut down.

This is what the nazis did when they drugged prisoners and worked them until the point of death.

Human muscles are too small and connective tissues too weak to achieve superhuman strength.
>>
>>35948315
That's why they're called human tissues and not superhuman tissues. Duh
>>
>>35948208
>tfw I deadlift 2.5pl8
If it's any excuse, I just started going to the gym mid december and I squat just over 2pl8
>>
>>35947488
isnt this like 190kg only?
>>
>>35948315
yes, you would injure yourself
it would also be your ultimate 1rm
the main reason for retard strength is lack of self control, it's like dealing with a person that's beyond pissed off - whatever they do they're gonna be flooded with adrenaline and basically go to failure
which is a considerable amount of strength, even for a normalfag - remember, noobgains is CNS activation, same principle applies here, except it's significantly less controlled
>>
File: bateman fingers.jpg (74 KB, 639x250) Image search: [Google]
bateman fingers.jpg
74 KB, 639x250
>>35947743
>Been checked lately?
>>
Hi OP, I'm a nurse and i take care of 2 indian retards. they have poor motor controls, and obviously don't know how to control their strength, but they're not physically strong. i think what "retard strength" refers to is the lack of fine motor control. whenver retards drink from plastic bottles or paper containers they always squeeze the hell out of them
>>
>>35947794
my thoughts exactly
>>
>>35947488

it's a meme, retards (downs) are actually more shit at producing muscle. They probably just appear stronger because they go tard mode and go all out without concern to their well-being.
>>
I remember seeing a special on TV about cops dealing with strange situations.

Apparently two cops who lifted couldn't hold down a 14 year old rampaging retard. The grandparents said that because he was mentally handicapped, "He didn't know that he wasn't supposed to be that strong." The cops were in complete disbelief of how strong the kid was.
>>
File: powerlifting wikipedia.png (6 KB, 337x81) Image search: [Google]
powerlifting wikipedia.png
6 KB, 337x81
>>35947488
Of course it's true, it's what powerlifters do.
>>
>>35949969
Getting away from armed men isn't about strength, it's about unpredictability and agility
>>
Retards have huge cocks too. They get raped by female nurses all the time.
>>
>>35950692
Women break laws and risk their careers to have sex with mongs with mong tier faces?
When they could be having sex with non-retarded, decent looking guys from tinder or bars?
>>
>>35951184
I don't get it either. Every once in a while I see a story about a teacher fucking her students and half the time she's hot.
>>
>>35951289
I guess they like bad boys after all
Or being bad girls
>>
>>35947488
>struggling with 3 and a half plate at that body size
>retard strength
at least post a better video
>>
Sped teacher here. Every person on staff at my site from teachers, aides, office staff, psychs, and administrators go on about how strong some of our students are. I can't help but turn away because I just know I make Costanza faces in response. The mentally handicapped may be strong to normies, but any trained athlete, especially a strength athlete, is stronger by far.
>>
>>35948898
heheheh you're free to save it but only if you promise to keep the filename
>>
>>35947488
Retard strength is very true. Here's a story I was told by a mate of mine who's mates with a family with a downie kid.

>lets call the downie Jack because i really can't remember his name
>Jack is 13 and just starting high school
>Parents work late, but the high school is near their house so they decide to let Jack walk home by himself to give him some independence
>Literally his first day of school
>parents come home later that night, Jack is sitting in the kitchen drinking from a milk carton
>he's battered and bruised and his shirt is torn
>Parents immediately freak and assume hes had his shit kicked in
>Sit down with him and confront him
>"Jack, who did this to you?"
>Jack says nothing and continues to drink
>"Jack, you've been hurt. Who hurt you?"
>Jack is silent, still drinking
>"Jack, you have to tell us hat happened."
>Jack finishes his milk, puts the carton down and looks up
>"...I caught a troll"
>"what?"
>"I caught a troll. See."
>Jack stands up and rushes out to the backyard to their shed
>The door is tied shut with some rope
>"see in here, troll."
>Parents open the door
>inside the shed, is a man in a daze. More specifically, a midget.
>"See! See! Troll!"
>The midget is even more beaten up than Jack
Basically the story is the midget lives between the school and Jacks house, and he'd been out the front collecting mail when Jack, thinking he was a troll, attacked him, knocked him out, carried him home and threw him in the shed
>Parents wake the midget up and apologize greatly, end up paying his hospital bills or some shit
>Midget decides not to press charges because Jack is a fucking downie an didn't know better.
>Parents drive Jack to school now.
>>
>>35955166
Please be real
>>
>>35955166
Manlets, when will they ever learn
>>
File: 1453494184035.jpg (637 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1453494184035.jpg
637 KB, 960x720
>>35947488
It's real. Retards operate primarily with low functioning brains that don't require as much blood or calories to function. You know when you're lifting super heavy and get light headed because you needed that blood elsewhere? That's how retards are all the time.

You can achieve a similar level of strength and experience accelerated gains merely by pretending to be retarded. Studies show that shitposting can temporarily lower your brain function allowing your blood to be concentrating elsewhere aka aid recovery and lifts. I regularly shitpost for about 4 hours on my rest days and during my workouts. I've added about 80lbs on my OHP in 2 months using a combination of shitpost recovery, shitpost workouts and thinking about shitposting before bed.

Once you get into the habit of shitposting frequently and as you fall asleep you begin to dream of shitposting causing your recovery gains to skyrocket.
>>
>>35955166
This fucking story has been posted a million times all over the internet with tons of different variations. Sometimes the "jack" is a roommate who's drunk or tripping on LSD and the "troll" a midget or a tard, but never seen "jack" written as a retard, so kudos to you for being atleast somewhat original.
>>
>>35955166
Fucking manlets, they never learn.
>>
File: 1455089571168.jpg (49 KB, 345x383) Image search: [Google]
1455089571168.jpg
49 KB, 345x383
>>35955166
>>
File: 1453387856719.png (173 KB, 297x556) Image search: [Google]
1453387856719.png
173 KB, 297x556
>>35947558
but wouldn't they fuck up their bodies pretty quickly with that? that's why that mechanism exists in the first place

I think the most successful athletes can access that ability rarely without overdoing it
>>
File: Custom Image.jpg (7 KB, 176x176) Image search: [Google]
Custom Image.jpg
7 KB, 176x176
>>35955382
>a combination of shitpost recovery, >shitpost workouts and thinking about >shitposting before bed.

Fucking hilarious
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.