[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in my low 380s, and was in my high 380s/low 390s two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: 5476109.jpg (7 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
5476109.jpg
7 KB, 250x242
I'm in my low 380s, and was in my high 380s/low 390s two or three weeks ago. I'm being vague because I don't know exactly how much I weighed before I tried to start losing weight. I just know I last weighed myself as being about 388 and that was before the holidays. Now I've been sporadically tracking my weight, and I'm gonna start doing it every sunday.

Is it possible to lose 4-5 pounds a week? I'd like to get down to 170 in one year ideally, maybe 15 months. Preferably without a ton of loose skin. How can I do this in the winter without access to a gym, since it will be constantly snowing. I started taking optimen. What about those fish oil supplements?

I've been overweight most of my life, and morbidly obese for 10 years, when I'm in my early 20s because of my mom giving me shitty eating habits since I was a little kid. Like giving me supersized food at mcdonalds when I wasn't even 10, when I really came to mcdonalds for the playground. I've lost weight a couple of times but never got below 300 lbs for one reason or another. Now I need to lose this weight before I squander more of my youth as being an obese kissless virgin or risk eventually losing motivation if it takes 2+ years.

pls help, pls no bully
>>
>>35944368

you can do it, yes, but its going to take a massive effort. its not too late but if you do this now, you have time to reverse the damage. what is your current diet? I wouldn't worry about the gym yet, eating better and some simple bodyweight work should be enough to get you below 250.

you need to treat it as a lifestyle change, this is it for the rest of your life. if you fall into old habits you will bounce back to 300-400lbs in no time at all.

post diet first.
>>
Eat less OP count your calories
>>
>>35944368
Nice blog you have here

Do us all a favor and tl;dr this shit
>>
Healthy weight loss is about 1-2 pounds a week. Being a fat bitch as you are, you'll drop more than that because of all the water weight. Still The best you can hope for is about 100 or so pounds in the year. Don't look for some magic cure that will bring you to a healthy bmi with minimal effort in just a year. It's called surgery. Everything else will take time but produce better results.

Have you joined a gym yet? Stick to cardio on a stationary bike until you're sub 250 then start running. The best results you'll see are from eating less.
>>
PROTEIN SPARING MODIFIED FAST
LYLE MCDONALD

LOOK IT UP AND DO IT RIGHT
>>
>>35944368
>literal hamplanet
>having a set timeframe for expecting to get down to healthy weight
>actually having the audacity to expect it to take only a year
you're not gonna make it
>>
given that op has fucked off and ignored the advice shall we assume hes turned his life around or he's given up already?
>>
File: 1442253184685s.jpg (3 KB, 125x111) Image search: [Google]
1442253184685s.jpg
3 KB, 125x111
>>35944461
Pretty much this.

IF you do it right you might hit 250 this time next year. After that you can hit 170 or so in another year. After that you can start a lean bulk as you should never temp getting fat again.

But you won't do any of that.

>mfw op will never know what it feels like to have women rub their hands down your abs in anticipation of the dick that they naturally assume is large because you're so fit
>>
>>35944527
Literally downing 4 boxes of girl scout cookies as we speak. No hope for him.
>>
OP here.

>>35944432
>Nice blog you have here

thank you

>Do us all a favor and tl;dr this shit

>Is it possible to lose 4-5 pounds a week? I'd like to get down to 170 in one year ideally, maybe 15 months. Preferably without a ton of loose skin. How can I do this in the winter without access to a gym, since it will be constantly snowing. I started taking optimen. What about those fish oil supplements?

That's the part that matters.

>>35944426
>what is your current diet?

I don't really have a diet. I've just stopped eating restaurant-sized portions and compulsively eating. Oh, and I've cut out white pasta/rice. For breakfast, I alternated between eggs and cereal (honey oat cheerios at first, then mixed in with the plain ones). I'm thinking of replacing breakfast and lunch with shakes to make it simpler for me. Before I took optimen, I was eating only one or two meals a day.

Right now I'm trying to do 3 days of just protein shakes with a tablespoon or two of peanut butter mixed in them.

>>35944433
I might when the winter passes, but then couldn't I just walk?

>>35944461
>you're not gonna make it

Maybe. For the first time I've genuinely regretted being a fat fuck and I'm not just reluctantly dieting. I don't want to be like this when I'm 30. I'm going to be seeing an endocrinologist in late april.

>>35944594
I was afk.
>>
You can expect to lose about 50 pounds in three months, if you do shit right.
>>
>>35944621
I know you're probably lazy but
read http://ss.fitness/
read http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
The bloody sticky

useful stuff
http://www.weightgrapher.com/
my ftiness pal or cron-o-metre
>>
>>35944657
The only way to lose 50 pounds in 3 months is to hang yourself and start decomposing.
>>
>>35944621
Starting out losing 5 pounds a week won't be hard at all, at some point you'll be shedding the weight off. However you will reach a weight where you will no longer see vast weight drop.

Dropping from 390 to 170 will take a long time, much longer than 15 months.

If you do everything too fast you'll burn yourself out. Take baby steps and establish good habits. You can start with your diet and exercising once a day.

Don't run too much, your joints will get fucked. Swim or use a stationary bike.

Idk why you can't get a gym in the winter time. Seriously if you don't want loose skin you need to start lifting.
>>
>>35944368
Don't blame your fatness on your mom. You're to blame because you ate the food she gave you, rather than telling her that you weren't hungry or you didn't like McDonald's. When you became a teenager you could have EASILY fixed your fatness problem, but you didn't.

I was fat too, but I don't blame it on anybody but myself. The only person that can make you fat is you.
>>
>>35944621
wew right ok

by diet I mean what do you eat. give me all the food youve been eating over the past few years on a typical day, breakfast lunch dinner snacks supper and your midnight computer binge foods. we will see what to cut out first, you are not going to suddenly drop all your junk food and start eating veggies all day. or if you do, you wont keep it up for long, nobody does.

you can crash diet to 170 if youre a fucking moron, you will end up with a shitload of loose skin and probably ruin your organs.

supplements are not going to help you at this stage, you need to focus on the glaring issue of food.

do not just drink shakes as a meal replacement.

you need to eat better at every single meal. not perfect, but better. if i were you, I would aim for weighing 250lbs in 12 months and 180-200lbs in 2 years. itll be healthier and you'll have less loose skin.
>>
File: cantgetagrip.jpg (206 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cantgetagrip.jpg
206 KB, 1920x1080
>>35944621
Physically losing weight is a lot easier than most people understand, I myself went from 300 to 230 in about 2 years from cardio and cutting, then I got into lifting once I stopped buying smaller clothes.

The hard part is the mental game, staying motivated to continue whenever you feel like going back to old habits. In my case, I was already suffering from Cotard Delusion, so I was pretty well fucked up enough to spend all my time either cutting calories or cutting myself.

Just go insane OP, turn yourself into a mindless lunatic who trusts nothing but a barbell, and eventually you'll make it.
>>
>>35944666
I"ll check them out.

>>35944696
>Idk why you can't get a gym in the winter time. Seriously if you don't want loose skin you need to start lifting.

My uni has a gym I still have access to, but it takes 40 minutes of waiting outside for two separate buses and then another 50 of actual commuting.
>>
Don't worry my man, one of my friends used to be obese, but he's turned into a total gym rat this past year and is slimming down like a motherfucker. Just stick with it and you'll make it in a couple of years.
>>
>>35944737
>staying motivated to continue whenever you feel like going back to old habits

I think I can do this since I don't have the same mentality I used to when I would be on or off a diet. For once in my life I deliberately let myself feel hungry for days when I would just compulsively give in.
>>
>>35944621
>Right now I'm trying to do 3 days of just protein shakes with a tablespoon or two of peanut butter mixed in them.
Stop. If you're not lifting whatsoever, don't do this. It's just more calories that you'll have to burn, and you wont be making use of the protein because you're not lifting any weights.
>>
>>35944801
> It's just more calories that you'll have to burn, and you wont be making use of the protein because you're not lifting any weights.

But the powder is 100 calories a serving? With skim milk and peanut butter a few hundred more.
>>
You should considering lifting OP, burns calories and by the time you're not a fatass you'll have made some gains.
>>
>>35944883
This, kill two birds with 1 stone
>>
>>35944368
i've lost some weight but never that much. I think setting a time/weight goal isn't the best idea.

for now, calculate your TDEE, get anal about counting calories, and eat about 500kcal under that.

then, you just need to combine that with some cardio that is easy on your joints each day. your best bet is an eliptical or bike. you'll look stupid and feel fat but don't worry about it and just tell yourself "i'm trying" if you feel self conscious.

if you keep up with those things the weight will come off at a steady pace. it'll take years for you to lose the weight but it'll be worth it and you'll feel much better the closer you get.
>>
>>35944741
>but muh outside wasteland
Ask yourself. Are you willing to suffer for 30 minutes to reach your goal? If slightly cold weather is going to keep you from the gym, you'll never make it.
>>
>>35944883
I thought you couldn't gain muscle mass and lose weight at the same time. I was thinking of lifting when I got down to 180-220, depending on how I bearable I look.

>>35944960
>then, you just need to combine that with some cardio that is easy on your joints each day. your best bet is an eliptical or bike. you'll look stupid and feel fat but don't worry about it and just tell yourself "i'm trying" if you feel self conscious.

I think I"ll do the eliptical and walking. I have an inguinal hernia (which cuts out any workouts with abs), and it's painful to use a bike.
>>
>>35944865
>peanut butter
Don't man, I add PB to shakes when I'm bulking. It's calorie dense as fuck, I wouldn't be eating it if I were you.
>>
>>35944865
If you're not lifting you'd probably be better off eating some filling, but low calorie food like chicken and vegetables.
A protein shake won't fill you up as much as actual food will, and you'll just be hungry again later on.

If you really want to have your shakes, then fine. Just make sure that you work around it and continue to eat at a caloric deficit.
>>
>>35944989
>I thought you couldn't gain muscle mass and lose weight at the same time
You won't make as good gains as somebody who is bulking, but you'll still make gains. At the very least, it'll speed up the process and you'll look in the long run.
>>
>>35944865

i think people are reading this as you'll drink a shake in addition to food, which means extra calories. i read it as youre going to drink shakes and nothing else?

both are terrible ideas, don't look for a quick fix, youre just going to need to change what you eat and how much you eat
>>
>>35944368
Im in the same boat as you brother, im exactly 6'0" and weighed around 375 at the start of this year and decided to change my lifestyle, i consume about 1600-1800 calories daily, havent had a drop of soda or a cheeseburger in over a month. and im sleeping better and can actually started jumping again without feeling like dying. just keep it going and dont fall for any consumer bullshit like mcdonalds or coke, and all that shit. Another important thing is to not expect anyone to encourage you. you need to encourage yourself, and want to lose all that weight only for yourself. We can all make it bros, just dont give up.

tldr; was a big fat disgusting hamplanet and finally realized it was bad for me, and am now bettering myself
>>
>>35944741
If there is a will, there's a way

If you really want to lose the weight you'll put forth the effort. It sucks, I know. I wake up at 5 every day to work out. It's pain. It's uncormfortable

But your love of comfort is why you have lived a life like this. If you make the gym a habit you will start loving exercise.
>>
>>35944989
You'll have noob gains for a while even on a deficit. Waiting for the final stretch is fine too cause you'll stall hard when the noob gains end and not making progress can be infuriating.

The gains will be slower than on a bulk, but that'll give you more time to get the form down.
>>
>>35945008
I"ll cut out the PB. I would only put in a tablespoon or two. I figure it wouldn't hurt since it would be a meal replacement.

>>35945054
>A protein shake won't fill you up as much as actual food will, and you'll just be hungry again later on.
>If you really want to have your shakes, then fine. Just make sure that you work around it and continue to eat at a caloric deficit.

ok

>>35945036
I"ll look into lifting then.

>>35945054
Well today and tomorrow I was thinking of just having shakes.

Then defaulting to two shakes a day with one meal that would be meat (chicken/turkey/lean beef or bison) w/veggies and I guess some whole grain pasta or something.

The last time I went on a serious diet was a few years ago when I did medfast (sp?). It worked and I lost 40 lbs. But then something happened, I felt like shit and stopped. So I can do shakes/bars as meal replacements, especially since I have more motivation than before.

>>35945073
>havent had a drop of soda

I had some diet soda on one day, but I've been drinking only water or skim milk for the rest of the 3 weeks.
>>
Calculate TDEE, eat 750 calories a day less for say, 6 months, since you're so fat. Take up low impact exercise that won't pound your joints to dust, like swimming.

WEIGH FUCKING EVERYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR OTHER THAN WATER. KNOW EXACTLY HOW MUCH YOU'RE EATING.
>>
>>35945109

if you use shakes as a meal replacement twice a day you are going to end up with some serious macro, micro and vitamin deficiencies. shakes are just protein. you need much more than that to function properly, you'll lose weight fast then feel like shit because your body needs everything else its not getting
>>
>>35945165
>if you use shakes as a meal replacement twice a day you are going to end up with some serious macro, micro and vitamin deficiencies

Even with optimen I assume. Well fuck. I guess I"ll just put all my food all in one small bowl as a form of portion control.
>>
>>35945109
if the reason you're eating shakes is because you believe it's healthier than get that idea out of your head now and seriously reconsider your idea of dieting/cutting. you would be better off eating lean protein and veggies as a whole meal than just a shake. that only works though if you can accurately keep an eye on how much you eat though and balance it out against your TDEE
>>
>>35945198

think ahead. even if using shakes and optimen worked, what happens in a month? 6 months? 2 years? you wont keep that up for the rest of your life and as soon as you go back to meals, youll put it back on. stop thinking of it as a diet, this is something you need to change for the rest of your life, if you dont the rest of your life isn't going to be particularly long, you cant abuse it with junk food and meal replacements without expecting it to fuck you over in future.

and for the love of god just use myfitnesspal, it works everything out for you so you arent guessing what youre eating
>>
>>35944621
I would say walk A LOT. I don't know your schedule, but if you walk at least 2 hours a day you'll lose 30 pounds in like a semester. That's like 30 pounds gone without even doing anything. Just elevate your heartrate
>>
>>35945242
>just use myfitnesspal, it works everything out for you so you arent guessing what youre eating

How? And how would it be easier from looking at the nutritional information on the packages?
>>
>>35945319

you just scan the fucking barcode and say how much of it you ate, some other poor bastard will have copied all the nutritional info onto their database so when you've added all your daily food it will show you how many cals youve eaten, grams of fat carbs protein sugar, vitamins and sodium and fucking everything. for you the key one is going to be calories. just tell it you want to lose weight and log everything you eat (EVERYTHING, even that tiny cupcake you rammed in your pie hole) and it'll give you a detailed breakdown and you can start losing weight already. download the app or go to the website
>>
>>35944368

pics or gtfo
>>
>>35945319

it takes literally seconds and adds up every single thing you ate if you use it properly. tell it what you weight and that you want to lose weight and it will show how much you are allowed to eat every day. if you stay within its parameters and dont cheat yourself by not including things or setting your activity level to anything but sedentary, you will lose weight and gain understanding of how much you are eating and what the nutritional make up is
>>
>>35944452
I dunno if you missed this OP but this
>>
There's no way you're losing that shit in a year. I was 280 at my worst and 14 months later I only just hit 180.
>>
>>35945367
>you just scan the fucking barcode and say how much of it you ate

That's it? god damn. I"ll do that then. ty

>>35945410
I don't want to give you PTSD

>>35945430
I"ll check it out. I'm probably going to do whatever the doctor tells me, but that won't be until late april.

>>35945444
Well so long as it doesn't take 3 years I can bear it. I don't want to start dating at 27 or 28.
>>
File: 1427786246941.jpg (436 KB, 1126x1001) Image search: [Google]
1427786246941.jpg
436 KB, 1126x1001
>>35945198
Use a food scale for portion control. These guys are all giving you good advice:
>>35945219
>>35945287
>>35945126
>>35945242
> for the love of god just use myfitnesspal
>>
>>35945464

> I don't want to give you PTSD

I wouldn't ask if I didn't want.
Let us help.
>>
>>35944368

Get Lyle McDonald's RFL Handbook and read every single page until the end, then do his PSMF. You CAN get to 200, maybe even your goal, in a year with it. It is almost like a natural form of DNP.
>>
>>35945498
Food scale?
>>
File: rapidfatlosshandbook.jpg (16 KB, 242x277) Image search: [Google]
rapidfatlosshandbook.jpg
16 KB, 242x277
>>35945530

http://www.amazon.com/Rapid-Fat-Loss-Handbook-Scientific/dp/0967145643/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455040539&sr=8-1&keywords=rapid+fatloss+handbook

You could easily lose 4-5 pounds of fat per week, maybe even more, doing cycles of these, at least until you hit your mid 200s, then it might slow to 3-4 pounds a week. You will have to run multiple cycles of it though.
>>
>>35945550
>>35945530

Also I know this is >Reddit but https://www.reddit.com/r/psmf check this community out after reading the RFL handbook.

There is NO faster way to lose fat naturally, this is like the hydrogen bomb of fat loss. Your only other option that is faster is actual starvation which is retarded, or DNP which is even more retarded.
>>
>>35945571

OP dont take this as an invitation to take dnp, you will end up killing yourself
>>
File: food-scale-14114663554.jpg (16 KB, 380x353) Image search: [Google]
food-scale-14114663554.jpg
16 KB, 380x353
>>35945534
A device for measuring how large your meat portions are.
>>
>>35945587

Yeah, I'm the guy who posted >>35945571, there's a reason I said don't do DNP. Properly done cycles of PSMF are almost as fast and completely natural.
>>
>>35945609

Not to mention much safer than taking DNP.
>>
>>35945534
you weigh you all the time
food you eat become part of you
food jealous you never weigh it too
create bad relationship
you weigh food to congratulate being part of the family
you and food become happy and skinny
>>
>>35945655

>2016
>not weighing your shits to check your nutrient uptake
>>
>>35945600
I"ll get it when I have the shekels.

>>35945571
>>35945550
Thanks. I"ll get the book.
>>
>>35945789
well you should be saving some money you would've spent on food right?
>>
>>35945464
Aim to lose 1% of your weight a week and you'll get there in around 2.
>>
>>35945789

You can also torrent it pretty easily if you like too. Make sure to use the calculator at the end of the book and follow the link, it'll make things easier for you.
>>
>>35945789
>I"ll get it when I have the shekels.

It's really important. It's one of the first things you should do.
>>
>>35944621
Just delete all this retarded shit from your mind.

Read the sticky, find out how many calories your body needs to maintain weight (for example 3000kcal) and eat at a -1000kcal deficit.

That's all.

LEARN

TO COUNT

CALORIES

Use MyFitnessPal, it's a good app to track your daily consumption and generally weight. It's also a good idea to buy a nice digital scale.

OPTIONAL PROTIP: Cut out milk (and really anything liquid besides water) from your diet.
>>
>>35944737
>70 pounds in 2 years

That's slow as shit.

I'm at 40 pounds in 3 months at this point.
>>
File: 13560443.jpg (15 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
13560443.jpg
15 KB, 410x410
>>35945894
You don't need a fancy expensive one to start out.
>>
>>35945550
>>35945894
Whats the diff between the rapid and extreme rapid? Besides the name
>>
>>35945933
Extreme Rapid is a little 8 page handbook buy I haven't read it

there's PDFs all over the Internet for the book so just download it

if you can't find it I'll upload it when I get home
>>
File: weight.jpg (31 KB, 789x440) Image search: [Google]
weight.jpg
31 KB, 789x440
Ok OP, pic related.

I've lost 41 pounds in a little over 3 months.

I was 250 and I'm now down to 210.

Now you're a big fatty which is on one hand good because you'll be able to shed your extra weight faster than me, as long as you track your kcal.

Remember, the more you do it, the less hungry you'll get and the more sustainable it will be for you IF YOU ARE CONSISTENT.

Consistent means that if a day comes where you fuck up and eat a shitload of crap food, the next day, you won't try to punish yourself and starve your ass but you'll carry on as if nothing happened.

Now, loose skin WILL be a problem for you because you are looking at a weight loss of 200 pounds here but you'll learn to deal with it, who gives a shit. You can eventually remove the extra skin with surgery.

To sum up: JUST DO IT.
>>
>>35945993
What about the calculator?
>>
>>35946056
he gives all the formulas and tables in the book
>>
Five years ago i dropped 45 kilos in a year.
That said, i did a 1000cal a day diet.
It was pretty hellish for the first two months, i was a shut-in neet thou.
Now i have to do it again, because i'm a total faggot.
>>
>>35946703
Damn, dude.
You did it once the hard and fast way. Maybe try it the slower more sustainable way this time.
>>
>>35946803
I'm aiming at 1400cal a day and in a couple of months i'm going to hit the gym.
The 1000cal thing was mostly because i had high blood pressure and was scared as fuck to die.
Now i just want to feel better.
>>
>>35946885
You got this.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.