[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: 1451275714868.jpg (65 KB, 441x601) Image search: [Google]
1451275714868.jpg
65 KB, 441x601
>QUESTIONS THAT DON'T DESERVE THEIR OWN THREAD

Is there any reason why one arm push ups would not be as beneficial as weighted/normal push ups? Like do normal push ups hit a certain muscle that is only activated when both pecs are used at once or something?
>>
>>35934839
The further in your hands are (like in diamond pushups), the less your pecs are used (and more weight is pushed by your triceps).
One arm pushups make it necessary to put that one hand in the middle, so you don't hit pecs much at all.
>>
Why do you open this thread, with such a scantly clad image of a woman clearly marked a sexual lust object? This is a SFW image board. Please delete your image.
>>
>>35934921
It's SFW unless you work for a Tumblrina.
>>
>>35934966
Have you ever had a job? I can guarantee you that this is not safe for work. Sure, you might not get fired on the spot but you will definitely get weird looks, highly likely a mandatory HR meet. And you will always be "that guy" who "masturbated" in the office.
>>
>>35935007
>Concerned about getting weird looks because of image
>Browsing 4chan at work
>>
>>35935007
I have a job at a construction company.
I share good titty pics with my co-workers all the time.
>>
When will I make it?
>>
>>35934839
Does DNP age you?

It increases your metabolism by making it less efficient, so is there no real net change in cell oxidation? Or do you age faster from the metabolism boost, or slower from the efficiency decrease?
>>
Does undissolved mono creatine get absorbed by your body or will you just shit it right out?
>>
File: 1453908442893.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1453908442893.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Creatine. Is it a meme? I honestly can't tell by the posts on this board

I personally like it. I take a low serving (half a tbsp) an hour before workout. Seen to get a better pump with creatine rather than without.

Also & many mixed opioid on when to take it. Pre or post workout? Thx brohemuths
>>
Want to add Snatch to my routine but dunno how

This is mine

A:
Front Squats
Bench Press
Power Clean 5 x 3

B
FS
OHP
Deadlift 1x5

Rest is 3x5, what if I change OHP for Snatch?
>>
Is it weird, gay or shameful to like tall, wide-hipped, muscular (but not shredded) chicks with huge cocks?
>>
Can I do 5x5 strong lifts at planet fitness? I want to start going for it and that place is the cheapest I can find. It seems kinda like they don't like that kind of stuff there though from what I've read.
>>
>>35935174
>weird
yes

>gay
yes

>shameful
no
>>
What do you think of my routine?

5x12 -> 1xF Front raises
5x12 -> 1xF Triceps extensions
5x12 -> 1xF Biceps curls
5x20 -> 1xF Sit-ups
>>
>>35935087
It gives a performance boost. It isn't a night and day change.

It takes several weeks of dosing @~5g to reach saturation levels in the body.

It isn't mandatory for performance.

>>35935056
There's no real studies on it, so I doubt anyone can give a definitive answer.

>>35934839

It's harder to progressively overload one armed push-ups, and harder for most people to even do them in the first place compared to regular push-ups. Both are harder to overload than a standard weighted chest press exercise.

>>35935177
Does it have a barbell, squat rack, and place to deadlift? That'll tell you all you need to know.

>>35935205
Needs more curls.
>>
>>35935177
I've heard that a lot of PFs don't let you deadlift, so you'd better ask about that.

Also, don't drop weights or they'll set off a "hunk alarm" or something.
>>
Does edging produce testosterone?
>>
I'm a beginner on SL. Yesterday I did my squats and I felt normal, but today I feel a sharp pain when I lower my body. What should I do? My next gym day is on wednesday.
>>
File: IMG_0673 - Copy.jpg (170 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0673 - Copy.jpg
170 KB, 960x640
dyel skellington here

I've got a fuckhuge hole in my chest, will it ever not look like shit?
>>
>>35935090
Fuck snatches, keep doing OHP, and add pull ups and arm accessories.
>>
>>35935276
Probably not, but you can hope that people won't really pay attention to it over your muscles.
>>
>>35935269
No fap + edging... FUCK brahs, never again. Blues balls for days, hurt so bad
>>
>>35935273
Do leg press and leg machines for the week. Start squatting again next week. You really don't want to fuck up your back.
>>
File: 1433605174443.jpg (161 KB, 1002x1024) Image search: [Google]
1433605174443.jpg
161 KB, 1002x1024
>>35935007
>And you will always be "that guy" who "masturbated" in the office.

You wouldn't know about this personally, of course.
>>
Should you load creatine?
>>
>>35935276
Looks like it could be pectus excavatum. If so, it's s minor. I can guarantee you that adding mass to your chest and in general will make it so virtually nobody will notice it.

>>35935273
>when I lower my body
Where is the sharp pain?

>>35935269
It won't change your net test levels, no.
>>
>>35935305
That picture is awesome lol
>>
>>35935269
Don't know about test, but I cum much more if I have edged.

I like to edge in the morning of nights we are going out so that the wife has to swallow a massive load.
>>
>>35935305
>still not asking for it
>>
>>35935269
No.

>>35935273
Don't lift heavy while in pain. Do bodyweight squats only till the pain is gone. If it still hurts after a few days, go to a doctor.

>>35935276
Doesn't look too bad desu. Lift more.
>>
>>35935343
Cut contact. Girls aren't "friends". She just put you in her orbiter pool to draw from when all better options are exhausted.
>>
>>35934894
>>
>>35935314
Fuck, I'm an idiot. A sharp pain in my right knee*. I had it dislocated twice, last time was more than three years ago, that's why I'm worried.
>>
>>35935284

Tuesdays and thursday I do pull pups, rows and lateral raises

Should I add Snatch in some of those days?
>>
>>35935343
Be "busy" a lot.

Ask about her hot friends. Hookup with girls she talks shit about.

You have to pretty much take yourself out of the situation. Jealousy is about the only way to get her to see you as something other than a friend at this point.
>>
When i throw my veggies/chicken on the pan and put some oil in there, should I be worried about the extra calories(cutting now). Most of the oil evaporates or stays in the pan, but some gets absorbed by the meat or veg i guess. Keeping in mind that 50 ml of oil is like 400 kcal, should I be worried ?
>>
what should you mix creatine with?

Is milk and whey okay?
>>
>>35935436
>oil
>evaporation

senpai
>>
>>35935379
>>35935415
Was texting her earlier today and I was way to busy with class and work so I just told her that I'm going to just talk to her later on the phone today since I don't want to text everything.
She's one of those girls that complains about not having a boyfriend then says "I'm not looking for a relationship right now".
>>
should I buy good running shoes?

I have some shitty ones and they hurt after 15 mins of running.

I need to run because I need to train for tennis endurance
>>
>>35935436
Use pam.

>>35935438
Yes

Grape Juice is the standard go to elixir, but in your PWO is fine/.
>>
does polyphasic sleep affect gains?

rather than sleep for an 8 hour chunk of time, i sleep for two parts of 3-6 hours (usually totalling around 8-9 hours)..

is this not good for gains?
>>
>>35935450
every liquid evaporates at any temperature, but that's not really the think im asking about
>>
>>35935436
I count cooking oil as an extra 100 cal (200 if I don't skimp on it).
Healthy fats are important, and curb hunger.
>>
>>35935470
>doing literally the worst cardio in all of existence
i hope you blow your knees out and fuck your ankles up

literally thousands of ways to increase endurance without running
>>
>>35935455
"I'm not looking for a relationship right now" translates to "I'm not interested in you."
She'll slurp on cock tomorrow if the right guy comes along.

You should legit stop caring about her, there's nothing but suffering and awkwardness down that road.
>>
>>35935489
put cook your oil in a pan without anything else added.

watch as none of it evaporates.
>>
>>35935512
how then? I enjoy running outside.

Don't have access to swimming pool in my shitcity without encountering some belgian terrorist scum.

Crosstrainer&stair-exercise is fucking boring
>>
>>35935496
that's pretty clever, 100-200 sounds like a pretty sane number. I'm probably gonna boil my veggies instead of frying them, they soak a lot of it, and count +100, thanks.
>>
>>35935489
first the oil will pyrolize.

then it will reach it's smoking point

then it will ignite.

it will not evap.
>>
>>35935470
Yes. Just don't fall for the industry's bullshit.
Running shoes should be light, flexible, fit your foot, have a flat sole and give you traction. Don't rely on them for cushioning or stability, fix your form instead (unless you have a legit fucked up foot already).

I personally like the NB Minimus and Merrell Bare Access.
>>
>>35935489
maybe like 0.001% evaporates you fucking flid
>>
>>35935455
Mistakes bro.

Stop caring about her. You cannot be friends with her at this point, unless you just want to watch your crush fuck chad every saturday night.
>>
>>35934839
I would give a finger for that picture to be higher res
>>
If I stopped working out, due to sickness, during my cut cycle (its been a 1.5 months), and I was wondering if it would be efficient to clean bulk to get my strength back. What do yall think? Attached is a workout I would probably do for bulking.
>>
>>35935543
>>35935543
lighter weight higher rep.

or if you want to just be a faggot about things you can do aerobic faggotry like burpees and mountain climbers, high knees, jumping squats, jumping lunges, jumping jack, jumping rope.

any of that gay shit.

barbell complexes are da bess
>>
>>35934839
Why do you need to deload after failing 3x in a row? What if you take a 3-4 day pause while eating better and just lift again trying to break the plateau?
>>
>>35935600
jumping rope seems cool

what shoes do i need to jump?
>>
Is Keto necessarily any better than Calories in Calories out? It seems like after the initial water loss i lost weight at the same pace as just counting calories.
>>
>>35935592
>steam
>oil

steam is water vapour, AS IN THE VAPOUR OF WATER

OIL DOES NOT FUCKING EVAPORATE IN THE PAN
>>
>>35935585
First of all, end your cut and eat at maintenance when you're sick. Your body needs energy to recover.
Secondly, don't try to "undo" anything. Look at where you are right now, and decide if you want to get leaner or bigger from this point on.
>>
File: chrissie.jpg (150 KB, 647x787) Image search: [Google]
chrissie.jpg
150 KB, 647x787
i am 22 is it too late to do a martial art?
>>
>>35935624
Calories in Calories out still applies during keto.
It's just a lot easier to eat fewer calories if you don't fill up on carbs.
>>
>>35935624
Dont do keto unless your doin a competition or w/e.

I have done keto and it worked but as soon as I got off of it, since you cannot continuously do it as it will fuck your body up, you will gain majority of the fat back.

I was told by a professional body builder that keto is just a fad diet that temporarily works, then fucks you.
>>
Say I do a 3x5 routine of sqauts, deads, OHP, rows, bench pull ups.

Do I do the exercises
>sqauts > deads > OHP > rows > etc and repeat x3
or
>sqauts >sqauts >sqauts >deads >deads >deads etc?
>>
>>35935650
It's too late to compete, but not to have fun and improve.
>>
>>35935038
This.
Work in a test filled pit like any construction site.
My boss and co workers and I all smoked and talked about tits n ass constantly all fucking day.
>>
>>35935657
Yeah I had my concerns too, I'll just stick to counting calories, thanks anon.
>>
>>35935661
Second.
>>
>>35935677
Why is that?
>>
>>35935650
It's never too late. My dad started Tae Kwon Do when he was 42 and got his second degree black belt by the time he was 48.
>>
>>35935661
You finish all sets of one exercise before starting with the next.
Your first option is called "supersetting" and some people do it for various reasons (such as combining lifting with cardio), but as a beginner you don't have to worry about it.
>>
File: 1734052-emily_machamp.png (150 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1734052-emily_machamp.png
150 KB, 320x240
Good beginner HIIT workouts?
>>
>>35935686
you are too stupid to lift weights, stop now before you get hurt.
>>
Does caffeine affect the liver? If I use large amounts of caffeine (cutting atm) can it damage my liver? I already have liver issues so I'm worried.
>>
Is it really bad that I always add something sugary to my cottage cheese/quark/oatmeal? I literally can't let them through my throat without some honey or jam. Can I just eat a little bit less carbs because of this extra sugar?
>>
>>35935634
Will do. I want to get bigger so ill do clean bulk.

Thx bro.
>>
File: RecentPracticalCopperhead.webm (375 KB, 216x360) Image search: [Google]
RecentPracticalCopperhead.webm
375 KB, 216x360
How bad is my squat form bros? Been doing SS just over a month, I watched Rip's tutorials and started with babby weights for a few weeks, but now that the weight is going up I think I have a pretty bad buttwink going on, especially towards the last few reps. Any advice?
>>
>>35935703
It can damage your arteries if it raises your blood pressure to retarded levels.
>>
File: 30000843.jpg (142 KB, 1440x1280) Image search: [Google]
30000843.jpg
142 KB, 1440x1280
About to order dmaa. looking up adrena-g currently. Comes in 25mg dmaa pills. Great as a starter?

Gonna take 25mg a day for a week then 25mg with coffee for a month

Good plan?
>>
>>35935714
There's some major buttwink going on.

Do Starting Mobility from the Sticky after every workout.
>>
>>35935714
If you're going for low bar then you need to be pushing your ass out and back too initiate the lift as opposed to breaking at the knees like you are currently.

Your mobility appears to be in place so alternatively try high bar but if not do what I said.

Another cue that could be useful to you is imagine pushing your upper back into the bar as well as driving from the hips to prevent the caving that is occurring in your upper back out of the hole.

With some fine tuning and working on which style you want to squat you should be A okay, your mobility is in place, go forth and make sick gainz.
>>
>>35935714
You don't need to go that low bro, will fuck up your knees
>>
>>35935714
you're committing Alan Thrull's #1 squat sin of pushing your ass out as you come up
>>
File: Izzys-Bench-Arch.png (445 KB, 1069x589) Image search: [Google]
Izzys-Bench-Arch.png
445 KB, 1069x589
Is it efficient to perform the arch during bench press when bulking? When I do perform the arch, I have the correct form but I feel I use my lower back more than my chest.

What do yall think?
>>
>>35935718
So RIP heart? I have low blood pressure though. Can I use caffeine to bump it up to normal?
>>
How long should I wait after a meal to take yohimbine? Or should I only take it in the morning? Also should I mostly run or would there be any benefits to taking it before lifting?
>>
My gym made room for more squat and power racks so we no longer have a place to do dips. What is a good substitute for dips?
>>
>>35935807
4 hours after meal, at least. Longer if you've eaten half a cow. Morning is recommended. Do cardio and lifting as you please.
>>
>>35935797
Look, if you don't feel faint when standing up, you're fine. Don't mess with your bloodpressure using any medication. Take caffeine and you'll be fine i just wanted to be sure you're not one of those prehypertensive guys that wreck their arteries with ephedrine or some other shit.

Coffee doesn't hurt you in the long run if you're normal, like you.
>>
>>35935695
well that's fine. i'm mainly in it for the much self-improvement

>>35935695
that is impressive. kudos to your pop

now i need to choose which discipline to partake in..
>>
>>35935757
Thanks bro, and yeah I been doing the mobility exercises in the sticky every day so I'm pretty sure it's just my technique that's the problem.
>>
>>35935839
i'm talking 3-4 cups a day coffee, not 200mg pills once every hour.
>>
>>35935839
Ok. Thanks man. I do feel faint though, and pass out from time to time :/
>>
>>35935826
Single Bar Russian Dips in the squat rack.
>>
File: Photo on 2-7-16 at 12.05 AM.jpg (124 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2-7-16 at 12.05 AM.jpg
124 KB, 1080x720
Should i bulk or cut? Im so fucking light but i have a lot of body fat still 5'7, 135 lb

Everyone thinks i look too skinny in clothes too
>>
>>35935891
You need to bulk otherwise you will just be skelly mode and your lifts will drop. Alternatively you can eat at maintainence for a few months then cut a little more when you have more muscle to replace the fat you have rn.

I'm in the same situation as you btw
>>
My left shoulder has been feeling weird for over a week now, and I'm worried it's a rotator cuff issue. I started some shoulder health work and started stretching again, but the issue feels worse than ever. Today after my OHP and pendlay rows my left shoulder felt excessively sore despite warming up extra and doing exercises that I found recommended online.

I'm really worried about injuring my shoulder. Should I just take a week off entirely from lifting aside from the mobility and shoulder work to see if that helps? Honestly the stuff I've found online is half broscience and half people finding things by trial and error so it's hard to know what's right.
>>
>>35935485
If it's enough to make you feel rested/allow you to recover properly, it should be fine.

>>35935436
I usually just count all of the oil I cook with, but it doesn't matter a ton in the long run as long as you're consistent with your calculations and entries.

>>35935397
Lay offf of it and check with a doctor. Better safe than sorry, especially since you have a history of injury in that joint.

>>35935707
If it isn't throwing off your overall calories for the day, that's perfectly fine.

>>35935826
Any flat or decline chest press.

>>35935796
You don't need to over exaggerate the arch to the point that you look like a powerlifter. If you're retracting your scapula back and down while keeping your ass on the bench, your body will naturally arch a bit. No need to overdo it.

>>35935608
Deloads also are caused by cumulative fatigue. Lowering the weight and working back up again helps push through said plateau easier than trying to force through it.

>>35935891
Whichever you're more comfortable doing for an extended period of time. You'll end up doing both several times in the long run, so it isn't life or death as to which you choose first.

Whatever you do, don't be indecisive and flip flop between goals. That's the easiest way to get nowhere.
>>
My apartment complex has one of the typical 3 in 1 weight room sets that allows the following:
-Seated/lying leg curls
-Bench press/OHP
-Lat pulldown/seated stationary row
Also there's a set of free weights
What should my weekly workout be if I'm 6'2 225 lbs?
>>
>>35935997
http://www.thetrainingstationinc.com//rotator-cuff-exercises.html?m=0

I'm doing 3x15 of these exercises with a five pound dumbbell, plus stretching before bed.
>>
>>35936002
With the arch, do I pull my feet back until my heel comes off the ground? Or should I just keep my feet flat?
>>
>>35936002
So, if I'm pain free on wednesday should I still avoid squats?
>>
>>35935592
smoking point is not boiling point

if you cook at the smoking point of oil, you are literally adding carcinogens to your food.

>>35935621
feet.
socks are optional.
>>
File: 1371378992177.jpg (11 KB, 247x247) Image search: [Google]
1371378992177.jpg
11 KB, 247x247
>>35935007
>browsing 4chan at work
Are you retarded my man
>>
>>35935470
Yes. Expect to pay around $120 US. Saucony, Asics, New Balance, ect. Find one that fits the shape of your foot. Running stores will help you but you can find out yourself.

Nike running shoes for example aren't great past 3 miles. There ones you'll be getting won't look cool either so don't expect them to.
>>
>>35935699
I'm not a beginner, just a retard.
>>
>>35936067
Yes, avoid them until you can get your knee checked out. Better safe than sorry.

>>35936039
It's more important that you can keep your body tight/drive your feet into the ground. Some people prefer doing so with a flat foot, others only do so with the balls of their feet. Either can work.

>>35936029
Any program that encompasses the exercises above. I'd still prefer for someone to be able to start out with a barbell/free weights though.
>>
File: fook.png (636 KB, 415x643) Image search: [Google]
fook.png
636 KB, 415x643
My quads are too big to keep squatting (T-rex, fuck SS) but I want to increase upper body strength and size, what kind of program / routine should I do?

Current thoughts: Do a P/P/L but skip the leg day and increase frequency. P/P/off/P/P/off/P
>>
>>35936105
GET UNDER BAR
MAKE BAR GO UP AND DOWN WITH HANDS
ASK HANDLER WHAT DO NEXT
IF SOMEONE ASKS TO "WORK IN" SHOUT "STRANGER DANGER" AND WAIT FOR GROWNUPS TO HELP
>>
>>35935624
>Is Keto necessarily any better than Calories in Calories out?
no.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234

>>35935657
that is what i had thought too, until i heard mark sisson talk on joe rogan's podcast about it.

turns out i was doing it wrong...

still not any faster than any other caloric deficit.

>>35935700
barbell complexes

>>35935707
try sugar alcohols like xylitol or erythritol,
stevia is my go-to brand.

the sugar alcohols pass through the small intestine to the bladder, and are urinated out relatively unmetabolized, so there is no glycemic load, no calories to speak of, and no pharmacological implications...

supposedly it gives headaches and diarrhea at high doses, i have eaten quite a lot (went through a stevia soda phase) without experiencing those side effects, so i am assuming you would have to eat a fuckton (i.e. an american dose) to approach that.

also, as long as the glycemic load is low, you can totally use honey or whatever as a source of carbs, they just won't be very satiating, so it isn't optimum for cutting weight.
>>
File: ppl.png (459 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
ppl.png
459 KB, 1080x1920
I can bench 85kg (187lb) 3 sets x 6 reps. Is it possible that my 1RM is 100? Calculator says that it is, but for me it is hard to believe, since there 3x6 are at the limit of my strength

I need my 1RM for a routine, but I don't trust the calculator online. Does anyone can confirm or disprove from personal experience?
>>
Tweaked my shoulder. Think it was from a shitty incline bench rep.

If I put my left arm straight out and rotate my hand towards my body, I feel pain in my shoulder.

Although other motions (lifting arm above head, etc) doesn't cause pain.

Anyone know what exactly I tweaked? Rotator cuff?

Also any stretches and shit that can help healing?
>>
>>35936290
Yep, rotator cuff.
Generally, keep it moving but don't put pressure on it. Cool it.
Eat a lot. Sleep a lot.
>>
>>35936307
>tfw was hoping to PR bench tomorrow

Injuries fucking blow man.
>>
I need a perspiration remedy

Im not overweight, have a normal build, and dress lightly but still get massive sweat stains on underarms within 30mins-1 hour even when just sitting down in an air conditioned room or walking in freezing weather. Ive tried multiple "clinical strength antiperspirants" (non prescription) and while they help a bit its still not enough. Keep in mind that this is day to day life at class/work and not even at the gym.
>>
>>35936375
Do you do cardio?
Cause that's one of the things cardio improves.
>>
>>35936162

plz respond baka desu senpai
>>
>>35936409
If pic is you, replace leg day with curls.
>>
>>35936396
nothing strenuous, just ~6 mile jog 3 days a week.
>>
>>35936172
Thank you, will tell carer this protocol for future reference
>>
Are people supposed to stand still on escalators? My mall doesn't have conventional stairs and I'm tired of people clogging up the escalator near the food court and just standing there with their stinky food court greasebags smelling up the place. I thought you walked up them like normal stairs but you got to the top faster.
>>
Signed up for a 5k in two weeks, I already run roughly 3 miles twice a week so I'm hoping it won't be too bad. However, I don't just want to finish, I want to beat all of my friends who're doing it, one of which is /fit/ as fuck. I had some thoughts.

Should I stop lifting while I'm training or do you think it will help? I'm already going to run more.

I have no clue how I should focus my diet while I'm preparing. Does it make more sense to up my carbs? That seems to make sense.
>>
>>35935701
>The safeties will protect me
>>
>>35936445
your not supposed to move at all because its "dangerous"
>>
File: 1454367098900.jpg (76 KB, 540x812) Image search: [Google]
1454367098900.jpg
76 KB, 540x812
What do you think about "Making the excessive slow" as a way to make it more effective?
>>
>>35936445
In japan the left lane is for people that move while using the escalator, and they push you if you are in the way.

In Mexico they are trying to make conscience about it, but fatties get mad.
>>
>>35936429
In that case, there's not much you can do I guess.
For me the problem subsided after 4 weeks of physical labor, maybe decrease running distance and up the pace. You want to sweat a shitload during your cardio.
And wear light, black clothing.
>>
How hard is it to completely fuck up your metabolism? I was doing a high protein low kcal diet similar to a psmf but with a bit more carbs for the past 6 months and lost 80 pounds. Im 185cm and I was eating about 1200-1500 kcal a day. Now that ive gone into as bulk only eating 300 kcal above my tdee (I spent 3 weeks slowly upping my calorie intake) I seem to be adding weight on extremely fast so is it possible that I tanked my metabolism and my tdee is alot lower than I am calculating due to a low BMR? Also is there anything I can do to fix this?
>>
>>35936409
just replace squats with hip thrusts..

your glutes can never ever get too huge... especially if your thighs are over-developed.

>>35936421
nice memeing, faggot
>>
>>35936445
It's a cultural thing. In Germany, this issue shows whether you're in a big city or not.
In big cities, people stand on the right and walk on the left. In smaller cities, people stand wherever.
>>
>>35934839
Is creatine worth it? ON 2.5g 300 caps is like 30 bucks with shipping included right now
>>
>>35936522
water weight, most likely.
>>
>>35936447
You've got 2 weeks for the race. It's much too late to prepare.
Basically you have 3-4 training runs left, since running more in a week doesn't help, and you should taper off in the week before a race.

All you can do now is run 4k as fast as you can 4 times, time your runs, and run the exact same pace on race day, powering through the last km on guts and adrenaline.
>>
>>35934839
Should I treat pull-ups and chin-ups like compound movements for upper back and biceps respectively and do 5x5 heavy, or treat them like accessory lifts and do 3x8-12 to failure?
>>
>>35936522
If you're adding weight extremely fast, you're not at a 300 kcal surplus.
If you were, you would add weight at 0.5-1 lb/week.

"surplus" is not related to what your TDEE calculator tells you, it's related to the amount of energy at which your weight actually stays the same.
>>
Hey, I want to ask if yoga is actually good for forming nice female body? Yoga like vinyasa or prana.
Only combined with other things?
I am a /fit/ newfag.
>>
>>35936535
depends.
to me it isn't

just adds 5 pounds to my lifts, and i don't consider that worth the expense.

others do.
that cheap-ass six star nutrtition protein powder has 2.5g creatine per serving (and it is the cheapest stuff at walmart, and it has BCAAS and good score on labdoor)
i like the taste over ON's overpriced shit too. (the worst tasting protein is fixable with cocoa powder anyways)
>>
>>35936571
Do 3x8. Add weight to progress, not reps.
>>
>>35936617
Yoga increases flexibility and stretches your body. It doesn't burn a significant amount of calories. If you want to lose weight you'll need to add cardio or eat at a deficit. Read the sticky senpai
>>
>>35936571
they are compounds.....

if you want to train strength, do 3x5, if hypertrophy, 3x8-12

same as bench
>>
>>35936617
Yoga is a low intensity full body workout.
You won't progress fast, and you won't see changes fast.
But you will progress, you will see changes, and you will have a much lower risk of injury than if you lift.
It's also something more females do, so you won't have to enter into a male-dominated environment to do your workout if that isn't your thing.
>>
File: olympic_barbell.jpg (88 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
olympic_barbell.jpg
88 KB, 500x500
I'd like to buy my own oly bar but dont know what brand is best to get?

Home gym fellahs got any reccomendations?
>>
>>35935090
You can replace the front squat with it seeing as in most snatch motions you do a front squat to catch the barbell before jerking it.
>>
>>35936620
I was thinking I could buy one bottle, it would last me at least 150 days, and see how it works for me. Even if it is just shills, I wouldn't lose much
>>
File: 1426154137057.jpg (40 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1426154137057.jpg
40 KB, 450x450
Seen a lot of anons recommend supping zinc. I take a multi with 15mg which is the daily dose, but read that you don't absorb much of it. Any reason to not take half a 50mg zinc pill a day in addition to my multi to see if it benefits me?

If I'm understanding right, you have to take a lot more than that to get to a toxic level.
>>
>>35935174
It's definitely not something to be ashamed of, but good luck finding that unicorn Anon
>>
>>35936635
Okay, thanks.
I am skelly as fuck, so I need to form muscles more than lose weight.
Will read the sticky.

>>35936648
Thanks for advice, I appreciate that.
>>
Can lifting give you a rash?

I have these pink spots on my chest and abdomen. They were disappearing a bit, then I did squats and bench today and they are really pronounced again. What gives?
>>
>>35936654
They all weigh the same.
>>
>>35935650
Unless it turns out you have untapped talent it's too late, by the time you're skilled enough to compete to amateur level to maybe even pro you will start going out of your prime.
>>
>>35936694
Be careful, I've taken 4 smaller zinc pills and it absolutely ripped up my stomach. Had the most miserable stomach pain for a few hours
>>
>>35936477
Yes. Working out slower creates endurance and you train the muscle harder.

Faggots try to put as much weight possible without any control don't have as much gains.
>>
>>35936722
Yes, but im concerned that I might buy something thats a shit quality bar and degrade quickly.
>>
What does /fit/ think of bcaa? Worth the money?
>>
>>35936719
Sweating can give you a rash.
Friction from your clothes can give you a rash.
Physical exertion can give you a rash.
Increased circulation can give you a rash.
Lifting combines all of the above.
>>
>>35935714
Just want to say Anon that I feel a high level of kudos to you for posting a vid for critique.

You're gonna make it.
>>
>>35936662
It's just SS with accessories and rows instead of cleans, so sure.
>>
>>35936748
I actually looked at this today, consensus from Google said no

http://www.muscleforlife.com/bcaa-supplement/

In the end it's up to you if you want to try it
>>
Noob starting SS soon.
>should I buy lifting shoes? I have the money and want to reduce the possibility of injury as much as possible.
>is the fat burning stuff worth using, I want to lose 7 kilos in seven weeks by lifting at a deficit and meeting my protein needs?
>>
>>35936757
You know, reading the answer makes me feel like a retard for even having to ask
>>
What is a respectable mile time for someone who is jacked?
>>
>>35936732
Yeah, that's why I'm only thinking of taking half at first so I have less risk of getting floored by side effects.
>>
>>35936774
Dnp? Concern yourself with learning to lift before doing something like that
>>
>>35936774
Just use chucks or other flat bottom shoes, if you don't have them lift barefoot. Legal fat-burners literally do nothing, if you want to lose weight that quick look up PSMF by Lyle Mcdonald. Good luck.
>>
>>35936774
You can buy them if you want, but they're not necessary in the beginning. You reduce the chance of injury by getting your form perfect before you add weight.
If you're cutting, you're not doing SS. SS is a routine designed to increase strength fast. On a cut, you can't put more weight on the bar every single workout, as the routine demands. You can still do the same lifts, though.
>>
Does ZMA even do anything other than vivid dreams?
>>
>>35936790
<6 minutes is respectable.
<5:30 is good.
<5:00 is good if you aren't jacked.
>>
Lately this whole week i have been getting headaches all throughout the day, my diet is good and sleep is good and all watdo?
>>
>>35936862
See a doctor
>>
>>35936862
Drink more. Get more fresh air. Do light cardio. Spend less time in front of a screen. Stop having your period.
If it persists, go to a doctor.
>>
>>35936899
I'm constantly drinking water at work and doing all that desu and idk, maybe stress? Been working a lot and school stuff
>>
>>35936910
Probably stress.
>>
>>35936816
I don't think my local anytime fitness would be okay with me lifting barefoot.

>>35936803
>legal fat burners do nothing
Oh balls, I was actually researching DNP and it suggested that some legal fat burners do something similar but at a much lower rate.
Like green tea extracts and shit.

>>35936823
I'm really just looking for something that burns calories well above maintenance to guarantee weight loss. Been skinny fat for way too long.
>>
What do i do if my left chest is bigger than my my right? Will it even out by it self if i just keep lifting?
>>
If I've got next to no lean body mass, is it a good idea to cut at two pounds per week instead of one?
It's not like I'll be losing my non existent muscle mass.
Would I be able to make strength gains on that much of a deficit?
>>
>>35936975
>I'm really just looking for something that burns calories well above maintenance to guarantee weight loss. Been skinny fat for way too long.
Counting calories is the only thing that guarantees weight loss. If you don't want to count calories (protip: you should!), the next best thing is exercising 6+h/week, lifting and cardio, AND limiting carbs AND cutting out junk food, alcohol, soda and sweets entirely. Pretty hard to overeat then.
>>
So I really like Chik-fil-A's chicken nuggets.
The 12 count is 400 calories and 40g of protein.
Is this okay to eat, without soda and fries obviously?
>>
How the fuck can I OHP without hurting my rotator cuff?
>>
>>35937024
You should do strength training, start cutting at the lowest caloric number that still lets you eat 1.5g/kg protein and enough fiber, and see if it works. Don't go under your BMR.
If you feel like shit, are tired all the time, or your lifts drop, do a 500 cal deficit instead.
>>
>>35937028
Oh my calories are counted, I'm on 1,600 atm.
My goal is to do the 3,700 calorie requiring ss and get that monster deficit going.

I started with the workout plan I got form a menshealth magazine and it doesn't really seem to be doing anything for me other than gradual tricep gains.
>>
File: 71omUkMnoRL._SL1265_.jpg (184 KB, 1265x1264) Image search: [Google]
71omUkMnoRL._SL1265_.jpg
184 KB, 1265x1264
Good brand?
>>
>>35937057
The problem is I'm at ~20% bodyfat and want to cut to somewhere around 10-15% and then lean bulk from there.
I would rather lose fat than gain strength at the moment if that's what it takes
>>
>>35936999
Not necessarily.
Do some dumbbell accessories after your regular workout if it bothers you. But everyone's asymmetric.

>>35937049
Sounds good. Sodium will be high, trans fats will be high, but if your blood pressure is fine, go for it.

>>35937056
By doing it correctly.
>>
>>35937088
And how is that?
>>
File: 1454853103693.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1454853103693.png
11 KB, 211x246
Is it okey to feel dull pain in the upper back after dead-lifting ?

Do i do bench press correctly even if i don't feel it in my chest at all? I believe i do the form correctly. Upper back a bit up, chest up, feet straigt on the ground and shoulder-plates pressed together. I'm holding my little-fingers on the marks of the barbell.

Do i need to feel soar in my muscles to have done a proper training session? I'm having a hard time when i'm training but i feel okay the next day. Just a bit tired in my legs sometimes.
I'm following the SS program.
>>
>>35937062
You're not going to have visible gains on a 2100 calory deficit. In fact you'll burn more muscle than fat that way.
>>
If losing weight is energy in vs energy out,

Why females get fat when they use birth control pills ?
>>
>>35937082
If you want to lose fat, do what I said.
Cutting too hard will actually slow fat loss and burn more of everything else instead.
>>
File: gymmoron.jpg (75 KB, 582x493) Image search: [Google]
gymmoron.jpg
75 KB, 582x493
Hi /fit/, I have finally been consistently working out for the first time ever, not a ton yet, only two or three times a week for the past couple months. I'm still making gains and increasing my endurance little by little each time, which I understand are "noob gains"...
My question is this: When I first started a while back, after each workout my body would be sore in a good way and I felt that good kind of exhaustion, but recently even though I am pushing myself to my limit on every individual workout, after I'm done I don't feel that intense soreness and exhaustion anymore.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a good thing?
Am I going to die?
>>
>>35937126
Wait, I should eat at maintenance and making sure I get 1.5g protein per kg of bw? How will eating at maintenance cut my bodyfat?
>>
>>35937106
What about just eating at maintenance, I really don't want to lose too much muscle but I do need to get my body fat percentage down near %20.
Or at least make my pot belly less intense.
>>
>>35937110
Because it changes their hormones, which changes their hunger feelings, appetite, satiety and eating habits.

Strict calories in calories out only applies to people who count and weigh everything they eat, which 99.5% of all people don't.
If you go by feels, hormones can fuck your shit up.
>>
>>35937153
I didn't say eat at maintenance. I said eat above your BMR. Google it or read the Sticky.
>>
>>35937154
I'm in the same situation.
Eat at a deficit, but don't eat too little.
Basically, read the Sticky.
>>
>>35937175
Ahh okay so BMR isn't maintenance. My bad. But yeah I'll check the sticky out anyway.
Thanks mate
>>
>>35937110
Water weight fluctautes a lot in women. Hormonal shifts can cause increases in appetite. Being in a relationship (often a confounding variable) can cause people to become complacent and get fat.

People lie about how much they eat. AT THE MOST research supports a possible, modest weight gain (water) of 5lbs initially. Anything more than this and you're pigging out.
>>
My buddy gave me 4 weeks of oral Anavar (about half a cycle). He did half then decided to stop, so I took it off his hands.

Is it even worth it to do a half cycle?

What kind of results should I expect?

Can I slowly ween myself off, or do I need to get a PCT?

Im relatively prone to bacne...do most guy break out from using anavar?

Obviously I am going to do my research, but I am hoping to get a few quick answers on here.

I am 5'11 175lbs lifting for 3 years
>>
>>35937270
>yo my bro gave me these roids
>he stopped taking them for no reason :^)
>is just doing half a cycle against the instructions a good idea?
>>
>>35937270

4 weeks is a waste of time, you'd need at least double that for any semblance of results
>>
>>35937307

>Instructions

and he stopped cause he would rather drink heavily and not do a shit ton of damage to his liver
>>
>>35937326
But I mean is there any downside?

It wouldnt hurt anything for me to just do it I dont imagine...right? I can see it at least aiding in my cut
>>
>>35936834
I didn't even notice vivid dreams nor did it make me tired. I stopped because I hated spacing out the protein drink too at night
>>
>>35937100
p-please respond !!!!
>>
>>35935997
>>35936034
Please help. My shoulder is really bugging me.
>>
>>35936862
I have chronic migraines since I was 9. I find that drinking a fuckton of water helps the best and not sleeping in too long, as well as eating. Other than that any pills do fuckall for me but they might for you.

Also you might want to get that checked out just in case of tumor.
>>
>>35937161
Thanks
>>
best program to run if you have very limited time (home gym)

>>35937100
are you white?
>>
>>35937473
Pain is never normal.
You can progress without feeling sore the next day. That's normal. Just make sure you're increasing the weight like the program says.
Your form question is impossible to answer without pic/vid, but you don't have to "feel the burn" in your muscles for the exercise to work.
>>
>>35937499
nah i'm only half white. But i look like a fucking mexican.
>>
>>35937499
>best program to run if you have very limited time (home gym)
SS
>>
Is it ok to work the same muscle group twice in one day? Say I did chest in the morning, would it be ok to do it again that afternoon?
>>
>>35937528
I wouldn't even call it pain because it's barely there and it goes away 10 minutes later. But pain is pain i guess? There was another anon here that said that dull pain is nothing to worry about while sharp pain was something i should care about. But i guess this doeskin count for the back ?

The thing with the bench press is that i don't even feel that my chest is working. Do i need to activate it? Will i start to feel it when i get more arm and shoulder strenght?
>>
So if my BMR is 2000 calories,
I should eat 2000 calories if I want to lose weight?
I could just be retarded but the sticky is kind of confusing
>>
>>35937579
It could just be soreness from exertion.
Or it could be a disc that's put under too much pressure cause your back is rounding.
>>
>>35937585
BMR is how many calories you burn by just laying in bed doing nothing.

If you set at a desk all day your TDEE isn't far from your BMR. If you haul hay all day, your TDEE could be double your BMR.

What is your job?
>>
>>35937529
not helping you then, mixed race faggot

>>35937541
-_-
>>
>>35937585
Are you sure you aren't confusing BMR and TDEE?
Generally, eat at least your BMR while staying 500-800 cal below your TDEE to lose weight.
>>
>>35937585
Work out what your daily calorie use is, there are plenty of online calculators.
Eat less than that.

Most men aim for a -500 deficit because you can still eat healthy at 1,500 calories.
>>
>>35937631
no job, I just go to school and lift 3-4 days a week
>>
>>35937632
Wow i have never been experiencing racism before and i live in Norway. This feels strange.
>>
>>35937632
>-_-

Not trolling, SS works all major muscles with 27-36 sets a week. If you have limited time, it's what you want.
>>
>>35937585
More or less, yes. The rate of weightloss will then be based on how active you are. Typically though most people use their TDEE to determine total cals needed and subtract 500.

The numbers vary from 1.2 multipliers, for very sedentary, up to 1.7 multipliers for very active individuals. However, eating at your BMR should result in weight loss because BMR doesn't factor the rest of your movements.

To give you some numbers, at 2000 if you live a pretty sedentary life you will burn 2400 calories a day. Which means you will burn "about" 0.8 lbs of fat a week. If you were workout 4-5 days a week and are generally active you might use a 1.5ish multiplier meaning you could eat up to 3000 calories a day. Which means you would lose about 2 lbs weekly eating at your "BMR".

So depending on your goals, the time frame from your goals you may need to eat less, even under bmr depending on activity level.
>>
>>35937670
Ahh okay. And is there a "best" rate of fat loss per week? I believe the sticky mentioned 1 lb per week being optimal, but can I go beyond that without detrimentally affecting anything?
>>
im autistic and I hate waiting around for people in my school gym to finish their workouts when they take fucking forever

the place where you do deadlifts/power cleans is almost never open to the point where I just leave without doing it most of the time

how hard am i fucking up my SS progress without doing deadlifts/powecleans every workout?
>>
>>35937702
No, you can't.
You can aim for 2lbs a week, but it'll impact your energy levels, make it hard to eat healthy, affect your social life, and probably also cost you strength.

1 lb a week is the max that's sustainable long term if you aren't obese.
>>
>>35937716
You're skipping the most important part of it.
>>
>>35937702
Hard numbers suck, I will say for most people (non-obese, just either overweight or wanting to cut) no more then 1% of your bodyweight (IE: 1 lb for every 100 lbs you weigh). For larger people such as obese or morbidly obese they can typically lose more, 1-2% a week initially then back toward 1% as they diet down.

So if you were say 200 lbs, about 2 lbs a week is likely the most you want to lose. however 1-1.5 is likely going to be easier to stick with and is likely more reasonable since weight loss can be a bit streaky.

If you were say 350 lbs, then at 1% it would be about 3.5 lbs a week, but realistically someone of that size could likely lose double that for a short time without much issues.

So assuming your a relatively normal person, looking to lose a little weight. 1 lb is pretty safe/standard and fits nicely into most peoples week as its just -500 a day, calorie wise.
>>
>>35937702
It's going to be difficult losing more than 2lbs a week on average without having quite obvious effects, tiredness, aches, concentration issues.

The early weeks may see large weight fluctuations due to water weight changes, but if you are 500 calories under it'll average to a range of 1-2lbs until you reach a normal BMI.

If you are not losing weight after 2-3 weeks and you aren't under 1200-1500 calories reduce by 100-200 and make sure you are calculating what you are eating and see what happens.
>>
>>35937669
i dont want to wait the long ass time between sets though breh.
>>
>>35937732
fuck sake man

I just want to lift and leave with no human interaction but people make it so hard when they spend fucking forever doing their workouts
>>
How many calories does running and lifting burn respectively?
>>
>>35937855
Get there early.
Mention something to the manager.

I know that feel though, I have to go to the local anytime fitness at 3AM just to get my circuit done.
>>
>>35937912
It varies.
Lifting burns more than just running, if you want to burn calories from cardio you need high intensity stop start stuff like a work out circuit or
>sprint for 30 seconds
>rest for 30 seconds
>repeat ten times
>>
Familia, how do I stop the feeling of getting a panic attack when working out? It's quite bothersome 2bh
>>
>>35937846
Then don't wait. Bring an ebook reader and get some mental gains in between sets.
>>
Do i have digestive problems? I take 3-4 gigantic shits every day and have horrible farts. What's more, i havent been gaining weight despite eating 3600 kcal a day at 175lb bodyweight. I eat five servings of veggies as well as beans and sweet potatoes so i doubt its a fiber deficiency. I do eat a ton of carbs, so could that be causing it? Really at a loss here. I could eat more but i dont even do cardio or anything so it seems nuts that im barely maintaining.
>>
>>35938014
Find out what causes them and fix the cause.
>>
>>35938034
How long have you been on this diet?
>>
>>35938036
Is there any other option familia?
>>
Who is she? She has nice tits.
>>
>>35938070
Panic attacks are psychological and they don't happen out of the blue to just anyone.
So no.
>>
>>35938054
Been consistently eating like this for about a month but ive been trying to bulk since november. I feel that the isues have gotten worse of late.
>>
Man I'm tired AF today, could't get to sleep until about 3:30 am last night and worked 12 hours starting at 9 am. I usually go to the gym after but idk if i physically can keep up. Do I just say fuck it, man up, drink some hot coffee to wake my ass up or fuck it stay at home and just work out on the pullup bar and maybe jump rope and shit? I dont lift TOO much yet my heaviest is squats at like 190lb, bench and everything else is right around 100-120 lbs.
>>
>>35938143
Descending order of importance:
>sleep enough
>eat enough
>work out
>everything else
>>
File: YMxJ5rL.jpg (166 KB, 1052x624) Image search: [Google]
YMxJ5rL.jpg
166 KB, 1052x624
I'm on a PPL, about a year into lifting. SS for first 6 mos for a bit of history.

I've incorporated Diddys into my Pull days obviously and here's how Im doing them.

10xwhatever I barbell row for warmups
1x5 comfy 5x5 weight
Last set is a 1RM "Heavy" Pull

I'm adding 5lbs to my 1x5 and 1RM every workout. In my routine this happens twice a week every two weeks. Am I omw to snap city doing this? My form is good.
>>
How do I not be a salty bitch. I started lifting about a month ago and started going to the gym last week, but I see guys curling more than I can squat and I just feel like killing myself. I want to get better but where I am just feels so shit.
>>
>>35938254
suck it up and focus on yourself and your gains you bitch.
>>
>>35938288
thank you my faggot ass needed that
>>
>>35938359
>tfw when someone replies for you
>>
>>35938207
How's PPL mate? I'm some months into lifting myself, with SL 5x5. I like it but I want to add exercises, especially for my arms, and I don't want to progress my DL and squat any more for now.
>>
>>35935707
Absolutely no reason to, buy a big bag of frozen berries or bananas to fix the taste, which desu isn't really bad it's just neutral. You should cut sugar out of your diet in general, it's poison, makes you overeat and you don't even feel good for longer than 30 seconds after you eat it
>>
How fast would a 6'7 205lb person expect to lose weight on a slow cut e.g -200 or -300 cal deficit
>>
So I've been going to the gym for about 7 months, consistently, never missing a day, and I look exactly the same. Overweight. But I really am getting stronger, my lifts are going up, and I miss not being in the gym on off days. So I just started doing power cleans and on my third set some Paki cunt comes over to me and tells me how I should start with deadlifts and that I look like a novice so I shouldn't do "clean and jerks". He was nice about it and I'm passive to begin with so I just accepted it, said thank you and left the gym.

Should I not be doing power cleans? I just started SS from 5/3/1 and in the guide I redyit says after month of SS start doing Cleans. I just feel so lost sometimes just because visually it looks like I've not stepped foot in a gym.

There's a question in there somewhere.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.