[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often does /fit/ smile on a daily basis? >daily reminder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 18
File: zyzzsmile.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
zyzzsmile.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
How often does /fit/ smile on a daily basis?

>daily reminder you will not make it unless you smile frequently

"That's why I always smiled when I was in the gym," says Arnold. "People always asked me why I was smiling. Other guys had a sour face or they were pissed off that they had to do another rep or another set. But I looked forward to the work. Why? Because I knew that with every rep that I did, every set that I did, with every weight that I that I lifted, I got one step closer to turning my vision into reality.

"Because I was so enthusiastic about achieving my vision and winning one championship after the next, there was always excitement," Arnold says. "So, when I went into the gym, I put my gym bag down and immediately attacked the weights."
Enjoying yourself as you work toward your vision is an essential part of success. Every little step should feel like a victory. Any PR, great set, pound lost, or new vein should be cause for celebration. If you're not happy, then you can't enjoy your progress."
>>
If i wanted to smirk, i'd ask you about your one rep maxes.
>>
File: tip.gif (1 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
tip.gif
1 MB, 230x172
>>35806571
>>
>>35806555
Smiling is bad for wrinkles and fine lines
>>
I haven't smiled for so long that now when I try to smile in front of the mirror it just looks plain creepy, fake and with dead eyes.
No way back now
>>
File: arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg (87 KB, 600x529) Image search: [Google]
arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg
87 KB, 600x529
>giving a single fuck about or listening to anyone taking roids and basing your gym phiolosophy on them

Unless you're on the roids they are, you should not be fucking copying their routines, gym philosophies or anything like that
>>
Cuz I got fucked up teeth
>>
>>35807663
This. My smile isn't a pleasant sight & makes people feel uncomfortable.
>>
File: feels1.png (133 KB, 511x511) Image search: [Google]
feels1.png
133 KB, 511x511
>>35807663
>>
All day every day. Maybe at least 100 times when I work at my cashier job.
>>
>>35807663
>>35807715
Totally untrue! It's in your head.

Any smile is a good smile. I exchange smiles with customers all the time. Trust em on this one.

You are feeling uncomfortable. Not them.
>>
>>35807306
This desu.
>>
>>35807306
>>35807780
Don't try to smile. It's a product of good feelings on the inside. Work on cultivating your inner garden. It's just as important and heavier than lifting at the start. We're all gonna make it.

Start by making eye contact with non-threatening people. Then work your way up with uglier girls. Sooner than you know you will be doing it with attractive people and feeling OK
>>
>>35807797
You have to engage with others. I was a NEET for a very long time and I know how painful it all is at the start. Treat socializing like lifting. Start off slow. Just yesterday I was eating my lunch at a food truck area and meet eye contact with a girl and exchanged smiles. I was sitting up straight, eating a great burrito, feeling good about myself cus I got out of the house and did shit. She actually got up to come sit with me and we exchanged numbers at the end.

No stress during any of it. Just feeling happy with myself and others pick up on that.

We're all gonna make it bros. Trust me on this one. I was in the pit of darkest despair and solitude. I couldn't even check the mail and would throw away the garbage after it piled up at night, wearing a hoodie.
>>
File: pQo7e8E.jpg (43 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E.jpg
43 KB, 514x536
>>35807334
>not listening people who take roids even when what they are talking about isn't even closely related to that

Can you even get more retarded than you already are?
>>
>>35807841
I went through this and worked on my socializing for nearly 3 years after picking up a job. I've recently cut all contact with all my friends and quit my job because I felt dead inside 99% of time. I hope I get the courage to kill myself soon.
>>
>>35807252
it lowers stress, and stress is aging.
>>
File: 0QK4Nhu.jpg (29 KB, 505x377) Image search: [Google]
0QK4Nhu.jpg
29 KB, 505x377
>>35807762
At my grandma's birthday my aunt was taking photos and then she comes to me and said "Smile, Anon!" and then I smile, actually atmosphere was nice so I didn't forced this smiled but I shit myself when she said "Anon, smile with teeth! Do you have teeth? haha~" and I was staying and smiling like a idiot because my teeth are disgusting.
>>
File: 1446579132135.png (228 KB, 1192x830) Image search: [Google]
1446579132135.png
228 KB, 1192x830
>>35807715
Iktf
>>
File: shelbondon.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shelbondon.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
I can't smile with an open mouth
I look retarded doing it, it's feels so unnatural for me
it's not my teeth
>>
File: butwhy.jpg (25 KB, 262x246) Image search: [Google]
butwhy.jpg
25 KB, 262x246
>default face is angry
>stoic to the point smiling is a rare circumstance
>people think im pissed all the time
>"gee anon calm down"
>"anon are you feeling alright"
>"why are you so angry anon?"
>>
File: 1451796591605.png (146 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1451796591605.png
146 KB, 625x626
>>35807334
>>
>>35807841
proud of you anon, keep going.
>>
>serve in the infantry
>don't smile at all
>military career ends
>get a hotel job
>everybody tells me I have to smile for the guests
>feels wrong as heel
>fake smile for weeks
>months later, smiling becomes a natural thing
>have more fun in life, feel confident, enjoy people around me a lot more

I guess you can train it. I always thougt that you have to feel good for being able to smile. For me it turned out to be the other way around
>>
File: 1450324603543.jpg (201 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1450324603543.jpg
201 KB, 800x800
>>35811494

Me too. A few months ago I decided to try and smile more in general and my mood has actually improved.

E.g I'm walking down the street and realise my face is neutral, so I smile or grin a bit and the action itself makes me feel more positive. It's weird.
>>
>>35806555
I don't have straight teeth.
>>
Too old to have braces but of course
>have braces
>>
File: TheLastThingZyzzSaw.webm (148 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
TheLastThingZyzzSaw.webm
148 KB, 384x288
>>
i'm already ugly
when i smile it looks like i'm pulling a face
>>
I'm pretty much always smiling. I realized a few years ago that it actually does just improve my mood, so I started smiling every time I thought about it and now it just stuck.
Makes me more approachable for sure. Did the same thing with my posture and walking with a little swag in my shoulders so now I get a lot of compliments on my posture. Feels good, mang.
>>
>>35811850
>he walks down the street smiling

Stop. It always makes me think there's something funny with me.
>>
>>35807841
Did all of that and worse.

Idk anon, I'm trying. Made some gains in confidence but I'm truly alone and shit is hard. Smiles are hard to come by.
>>
>>35812013
nattywalk.gif
>>
I look extremely weird when smiling.
>>
i never smile around other people. I have the testosterone of a 95 year old man according to blood work and it causes me extreme social anxiety around any other human. it's gotten to the point that I can't even be around family anymore. plus my teeth are yellowish
>>
>>35810812
I was the same way, if you act like that people don't treat you in a nice way and it makes your mindset even worse. You need to change your outlook and look at the positives in things. If you at least don't look like an angry autist all the time it doesn't matter if you can't socialize very well, people will still interact with you more and you will become a naturally happier person.
>>
>>35812709
You can fix yellowish teeth pretty easily, though I'm not sure why your low testosterone would cause you anxiety, you do know no-one can actually tell, right?
>>
>>35811850
They have done studies on this, smiling for at least 5 minutes a day even when you are not happy improves your mood and reduces stress
>>
>>35812841
l o l

it's not that me knowing it causes me anxiety. social anxiety is a symptom of low testosterone. i've had it for years and never knew why, now i do.
>>
>>35806555
The feeling of winning also increases testosterone levels, which leads to better gains.

I repeat: THE FEELING OF WINNING alone increases testosterone levels. This is why you should celebrate the victories and feel good about success. Beating yourself up constantly can actually hinder you, perhaps marginally, perhaps a little more.

Draw the line before you start to be delusional or arrogant though.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 500x393
>>35807306
I've been there senpai, just work on positive thoughts it gets better
>>
>>35812931
o shi
>>
>>35812889
That makes more sense I guess, I misread that post completely.

I have the same issue though, my test levels aren't low enough to be clinically low testosterone, but they're right at the very bottom of the normal spectrum, somewhere around 300 to high 200's from what I remember, and I'm 18. Shit sucks, but the anxiety seems to be related to other stuff for me at least.
>>
>>35810642
>>35807663
I know that feel too well, anon.
I've been suffering for this throughout all my teens and had my confidence crushed and smashed so bad I'm unable to talk to people now.
Used to get teased for it by other kids when I was a kid and then just got subtle expressions of disgust when I grew older. I became so aware of this that I taught myself how to speak to others having my lips not to expose my teeth, almost made it look natural. But I preferred not talking to anyone at all rather than going through the process of keeping my lips as narrow as possible while producing sounds.
Now I'm 24 and only recently got enough money to fix it but I have fucked up genes (congenitally missing teeth) so I will never have it like most people but at least I'll die knowing I've done what I could to fix a situation that bothered me.
>>
>>35806578
I keked at that
>>
What do you guys do to help yourselves smile?

Also, how do I whiten my teeth at home?
>>
>>35812889
I have high testosterone and no friends. I'm pretty neurotic and anxious. Don't get laid much.
But my test is over 900ng/dl
>>
>>35813263
Think about some keks you had on /fit/.
>>
>>35813306
>Lunges
>Ids only bregfast

I found what I'm going to smile at.
>>
>tfw smile all the time but im pretty sure people think I have a creeper smile
>>
>>35811494
>enjoy people around me a lot more
I'm so happy my life is like this now. tfw you are excited to go to work so you can be around and interact with people and smile and chat and joke. man for all the pain ive felt I sure do have a lot of love inside me still
>>
>>35806555
I do one of those fake smiles at work where my eyes don't squint.
I'm usually deadpan as fuck but ever since I've started to fake smiles people started to talk to me more.
>>
>>35812931
>I repeat: THE FEELING OF WINNING alone increases testosterone levels. This is why you should celebrate the victories and feel good about success.

>break up with my pos gf
>line up 2 dates out of the blue later that week
>great time at the gym
>feeling good, lifting good
>girls at work giving me lots of attention after they find out im single now
>smoke some weed
>put on some Dio and some stoner/doom metal I found from /mu/
>sit up and start clenching my muscles saying fuck YEAH FUCK YES
>tears of joy stream down my face
>dreams have been normal and happy now

I think I understand rock and roll now
>>
I dont smile, I dont make eye contact, I dont talk. I workout with anger cause thats what fuels me in the gym. So many people are so ego driven is fucking disgusting.
>>
File: 1453686732696.jpg (66 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1453686732696.jpg
66 KB, 399x382
>>35815287
edgy son
>>
>>35813175
Feels bro... Just remember we're all gonna make it.
>>
>>35815287
Three months from now, this will be quoted in news of a school shooting
>>
File: 1454167491703.jpg (43 KB, 393x401) Image search: [Google]
1454167491703.jpg
43 KB, 393x401
>>35818158
>>
File: 1453790207229.gif (890 KB, 305x320) Image search: [Google]
1453790207229.gif
890 KB, 305x320
>tfw genetically small teeth
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.