[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been vegan for 5 years, started to incorporate dairy back in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9
File: whnyoudrinkcowsmilk-lg.jpg (368 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
whnyoudrinkcowsmilk-lg.jpg
368 KB, 540x540
Been vegan for 5 years, started to incorporate dairy back in for "progress". Biggest fucking mistake, feel like shit, gained a bunch of weight, less energy. Total disaster, don't know how you guys consume all that whey. Also taste wasn't as good as I remembered, literally threw out some of the foods I used to love.After 2 weeks still feel like shit. Oh well, hello beans, hemp, tempeh, soy, and qouina, you got me this far, milk let me down
>>
>>35800786
>dear diary
>>
>>35800786
thanks for the blog post op
>>
>>35800786
ITT: Dumbass Vegans
>>
File: babyfoodl.jpg (44 KB, 537x364) Image search: [Google]
babyfoodl.jpg
44 KB, 537x364
>>35800786
Im not a weak piece of shit so my body handles it fine.

Here I got you something, pic related
>>
>>35800811
Nah, I gave you guys a shot, totally open minded and now I get rewarded feeling like I'm growing a vagina and bunch of water weight/bloat.
>>
>>35800786
i dont hate vegans, i respect their choice
however i dislike idiots who have the need to be an attention whore and spread their bullshit all over the place

you are like a gay who needs to tell everyone how gay he is. dude, stfu.
>>
>>35800824
>now I get rewarded feeling like I'm growing a vagina
The fuck do you mean, you already have one.
>>
i recently started drinking lots of milk and its helped heaps with recovery which is important as i train twice daily.

unfortunately the anti milk media is effective enough to put the idea in peoples heads that "dairy will make you feel bad" just like the gluten thing

its the same response people get when they start a new diet with the word "cleanse" in the title, people magically feel "lighter" and "cleaner"

the fact is most people can process dairy and gluten pretty well so fuck off with your seemingly pointless, ego driven agenda and let me enjoy my fucking milk
>>
>>35800813
The shit is vile, name me on other species that drinks milk beyond weaning. Also, I know that milk is full of estrogen. Enjoy your manboobs. Inb4 soy estrogen, that's a plant phytoestrogen. Animal estrogen is different.
>>
>>35800824
>like I'm growing a vagina
Do you know that soy literally contains strogens right?
>>
>>35800836
Nah gay guys spread AIDs and destroy cultural norms that were there for a reason. Vegans just abstain from animal products. Apples and bugchasers
>>
>>35800848
Name one other species that eats oreos.
>>
>>35800786
Someone really needs to do something about all these mental patients getting on the internet.
>>
>>35800813
Be careful I know a guy who ate that shit and doubled his weight in a few months, went from 10 pounds to 20 and learned to walk
>>
>>35800856
Not at all like soy, cows are literally pregnant all the time and given hormones. Soy has no effect on men regarding hormone levels
>>
>>35800870
Not mine, trash maybe. Other animals will forage for food and some primates even try to cook. Not one drinks milk after weaning, shots meant to add on weight in very little time. It's milk!
>>
>>35800786
if i enjoy my 12 oz glass of 2% every morning that only accounts for 15.6 lbs worth of calories in a year
where's this 500 lbs coming from broh
>>
>>35800786
i wish i could gain 500 lbs in a year
>>
>>35800902
Tfw u aren't a calf
>>
>>35800915
>clearly says someone and not something
>>
>>35800898
>Not one drinks milk after weaning, shots meant to add on weight in very little time. It's milk!
its because no other animal has mastered farming you dumb fuck and theyre obvioulsy not going to continue drinking their motheres milk because that would be a huge energy cost to the mother
>>
>>35800898
Humans don't eat oreos?
What?
Your argument is retarded.
There are millions of things humans, and humans alone, do.
We sleep on mattresses, we fly planes, we play computer games, we eat pizza, etc

Are you saying all of these things are wrong because we are the only ones that do them?
>>
I was vegan for close to 4 years, but I found that it was socially isolating and I always had anxiety about hanging out, because I didn't know if I could eat anything but I didn't want my friends to feel like they always had to do what I wanted.

Went back to vegetarian, and while I still feel weird eating something with animal products in it, I don't feel nearly the anxiety I used to.
>>
>>35800786
You probably can't digest it anymore. Try lactaid.
>>
Meat probably would have been better to eat. Fuck dairy, the cheese industry has you cucked. Rather go shoot a deer than eat dairy. Vegan or "paleo" without dairy.
>>
>>35800940
The playing video games thing definitely. Get a life, Fantasy faggot.
>>
>>35800958
Thanks, will do
>>
Grass fed milk is vastly superior in every way. I can drink a gallon easy and feel no issues. It does not even change the color of your poop. It's the grain they're eating bro. Cows don't eat grain naturally bro.
>>
>>35800801
>*dear dairy
>>
Why are people replying to this shitty bait?
>>
>>35800786
Well, fucking duh. Your body doesn't know how to handle it now. Your best bet is whey protein because it has much less lactose than milk. Just as anything, build it up.
Or stop fucking complaining.
>>
ITT: a massive pussy, yet no pictures of actual poon.
>>
>>35801133
That's what I tried, grass fed organic and some Amy's dairy dishes like cheddar and brocolli. My friend has cows and was gonna get hooked up with raw milk if it went good.
>>
>6'1, 170 lbs
>drink whole milk everyday
not fit by any means, but don't pin your metabolism on the ambrosia that is dairy
>>
>>35800786
You're shilling. None of your 'personal experience' really happened.

If you gained weight it's your own damn fault for over eating. Enjoy your low testosterone from inadequate fat intake as most of you dumbass vegan faggots neglect it. Just eat some fucking coconut oil.
>>
>>35801229
Love fat, eat avacados, cocuunut oil, peanut butter, almonds, deep fry occasionally. Don't pin this hipster vegan stereotype on me, I've been raising chickens and rabbits for meat since a toddler and hunted extensively, not like these faggots who go to the grocery store. And the weight did happen, I ate nowhere as many calories as I used to when bulking just to make sure and then this....
>>
>>35800786

Doesn't milk also get homogenized/watered down/etc?

I don't know how similar whole milk is to straight from the teat.
>>
>>35801304
> And the weight did happen, I ate nowhere as many calories as I used to when bulking just to make sure and then this....

And you know that dairy caused it how?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21775530
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22249225
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21775530
>>
>>35801334
It was the only new additive to a diet that has kept me lean while still going muscle, strength and stamina. Literally the only thing changed + going to the gym even more now. I can show you a bunch of studies showing milk is associated with weight gain and bloating but I'm on my phone on the mountain
>>
>>35800786
>gaining a bunch of weight
Vegan or not, count your calories and this won't happen you fucking idiot.
>>
>>35801395
He, I'd challenge you there, different diets metabolize differently, like the Atkins people who eat a lot of calories and it don't stick. Also I didn't overeat. I had 2400 calories, give or take every day. Ate more than that vegan and didn't get this bloated
>>
>>35801304
You do realize when you change calories your atp efficiency changes too right? When you have fewer calories your efficiency actually goes down (literally slows down your metabolism and lowers your tdee) in an effort to stretch less, further. When you spike your caloric intake back up it's still in this function until it can adapt which basically means your ~300 calorie surplus just became a 600 calorie surplus (these numbers are random but you get the idea)
I only say this because you mentioned the bulking calories.
>>
File: jacklalanne80yearsold.jpg (33 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
jacklalanne80yearsold.jpg
33 KB, 460x276
>>35800786
>consume nothing that comes from a cow
>>
>>35801133
Cows don't grain naturally because they're not natural. They are man-made artificially selected animals.
>>
>>35801422
Yes that's called atp energy efficiency which basically governs your BMR. It changes (which changes your tdee), and your didn't account for this. Still your own fault.
Changing caloric intake, activity level, macronutrient ratios, etc. All change this. The only thing that is correct about what you're saying is that you're getting bloated. Sucks for you m8.
>>35801445
Kind of more thorough explanation here.
>>
>>35801445
Good info, I'll look into that. Any bulking encouragement welcomed
>>
File: gorilla_affe.jpg (86 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gorilla_affe.jpg
86 KB, 640x480
>>35800786

>Did you know?
>When you eat FUCKING GRASS OFF THE GOD DAMN GROUND, you're consuming a substance designed to make someone gain over 800lbs in a year?
>>
>>35801504
Lots of animals eat plants are are massive you fucking stupid fucking faggot.

Milk doesnt mean shit fuckface niggerhead cheesetits bitch ass poopoo ass.
>>
>>35801489
This wasn't one day eating brown rice and tofu, to pizza with Ben and jerries, it was very gradual and I don't think it would account for that much gain.
>>
>>35801489
>>35801422
I'd also like to point out that while the Atkins diet increases atp energy efficiency during it, you suffer a permanent loss afterwards, in a way similar to dnp although not as extreme.
So don't do Atkins. No carbs is stupid as well, glycogen is incredibly beneficial for lifting and endurance, try carb cycling instead.
>>
>>35801504
gainz are chemical

what can your body handle?
>>
>>35801524
The fact that it's gradual is exactly what points to you simply not realizing your TDEE has shifted and your once (once again random numbers) 300 calorie surplus has now become a 500 calorie surplus.
All in all, if you're gaining too much, lower the caloric intake.
>>
>>35801363
Here's one looking at associational studies although they are weaker in the evidence ladder than RCTs

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25406801

>>Meta-analysis also showed that high consumption of dairy products was associated with significant reductions in weight (maximum, −0.61 kg for 12–144 weeks), waist circumference (maximum, −2.19 cm for 12–144 weeks), and body fat (maximum, −0.45 kg for 1–36 months) (Table 3). Based on systematic reviews, the highest levels of dairy product consumption may significantly reduce depression and cognitive impairment, decrease fracture risk, and increase bone mass and bone mineral density (Table S3)

Your n=1 personal anecdote definitely rivals them though. You cured your cancer with homeopathy and crystal healing too let me guess right?
>>
>>35801363
Whatever, sorry I pinned the low fat vegan stuff on you.
Maybe you're right. I've been gaining a lot of fat on my bulk and i have been eating grilled cheese sandwiches and milk and yogurt every day.

I also recently had a very controversial dietary discovery myself. When I stopped consuming aspartame my erections and sex drive skyrocketed.
>>
>>35801578
Homopathy cures cancer but you'll probably get AIDS... Rough trade off.
>>
>>35801586
Haha, yeah diet soda sucks, never trusted it. Made me crave more sweets or diet soda. Appreciate the humbleness.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 649x649
>>35801619
>this level of facetiousness; or is it autism?
>>
Ok. How about, when you eat plants you're ingesting food designed to keep a creature at over 1klbs in weight?

Fuck off with your vegan bullshit.
Fuck off with your paleo bullshit.
Fuck off with your vegetarianism bullshit.
Fuck off with your ketogenic bullshit.

Diet is about what you don't eat more than what you do eat; and every successful diet story, whether it's paleo, vegan, vegetarian, or otherwise, all revolve around what you're not eating and they all fucking overlap.

These threads deserve mod purge more than the fucking "this guy slaps your gf's ass" threads.

Fuck OP.
Fuck everyone.
>>
>>35800786
All of my keks
>Implying a calf gets big on milk alone
>What are growth hormones
>>
File: photo[1].jpg (87 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
87 KB, 612x612
https://youtu.be/eQ-1dJveJ-Y?t=4m
>>
>>35801646
It's facial mess
>>
>>35801653
Derp derp derp derp, talking about milk, no human eats as much grass as a cow, derp ignore the time period of weaning derp. Do you even farm or homestead?
>>
>>35801705
>humans consume milk in equal amounts to a calf

Derp indeed, you fucking mong.
>>
>>35801209

If you're white or young you can probably digest diary.

However, unless you've been eating it often, the pseudo-organ of microflora in your gut isn't suited for handling diary products. This applies also to every other kind of food, but diary especially.

Until your bacteria gets used to digesting an entirely different kind of food, you'll feel pretty unpleasant. This would also happen if you suddenly started eating meat.

It's like trying to squat 3 pl8 day 1 and hurting ur knees. Yeah we get it you tried squatting and found it it was just a meme and nobody should squat ever again yeah okay.
>>
i know all vegan threads are troll threads, but my cat fucking loves milk.
>>
>>35800786
>not drinking based milk of 500 lbs a year gainz
>>
>>35801713
With the amount of supplements and dairy in our food , you'd be surprised also, animal digestion is incompatible to compare to our own just like how a cats is different but that doesn't mean that something meant to bulk up an animal is good for us. Better protein sources , try rabbit
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-28-22-41-42.png (152 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-28-22-41-42.png
152 KB, 1080x1920
>>35801504
They eat bugs. Lots and lots of bugs.

Just like any common day American protein source, there is a range of nutritional components. Some insects have a greater percentage of fat, compared to protein, and all have a low carbohydrate profile. While relative amounts vary from insect source to insect source, insects also provide a source of bioavailable iron, zinc and calcium.5 Some sources also have high content of the omega 3, alpha-linolenic acid.6

In every study, whether on various butterfly or moth larvae1, 3, beetles1, termites1, grasshoppers2 or Crickets4 the insect protein provided a valuable and reliable source of nutrition.

PLUS image cunt
>>
>>35801728
Terrible for your cat. Enjoy your vet bills.
>>
>>35800915
Literally just undid your whole argument
>>
>>35801722
Everyone is naturally lactose intolerant to some degree
>>
>>35801758
My cat is lactose tolerant. Superior cat.
>>
>>35800786
why don't you make yogurt out of the milk you buy then its healthier for you. Eating diary products takes time for you body to adapt especially if you haven't eaten them in 5 fucking years.
>>
>>35801751
You're right when you say dairy isn't an ideal protein source in it's food form. It does have protein, but the huge amount of fat it comes with (and often carbs if you're eating shit like pizza) typically means it should make up a pretty small part of your diet unless you're trying to gain a lot of weight and you don't care about macros.

Personally I think dairy products are delicious, and I love drinking whole milk (the nice organic brands, fuck the cheap bulk shit) but I wouldn't recommend anyone base a diet around it.
>>
>>35801768
I'm vegan intolerant
>>
>>35801768

Speak for yourself. I've never found a dairy intake I couldn't tolerate without side effects.
>>
>>35801753
No one said some large primates didn't eat bugs. Bugs are a really good protein source. That's what early humans ate
>>
>>35801683
Holy shit, you're literally an autistic randomization-word-re-assembly machine
>>
>>35801785
What does that mean though? Typical American saying that isn't impressive . Meat is better than dairy, if they made synthetic meat, I'd eat it.
>>
>>35801785
Same

Some people literally have issues with it and some people are moving the vegan religion agenda.

Iv made amazing gains by switching to milk. Doesn't matter if it's whole, 1% ,or skim. Just fit it in my meal plan and it works wonders.
>>
>>35800786
Fuark i wish i could gain 500 pounds in one year
>>
>>35801760
Glad u agree that animal testing doesn't yield compatible results then. Also see above response
>>
>>35800875
>10 lbs in a month
>a cripple regained his ability to walk

Sounds like a wonder drug compared to steroids, will consume.
>>
>>35800875
underrated post
>>
>>35801800
It's fun.
>>
>>35800937
This lol. Name me one other species that produces massive agricultural/farming projects.
>>
>>35800786
>over 500lbs in a year
>Richard picodegallo.jpg
>>
>>35800848
A little late to the thread, but this is the dumbest logic that vegans spew. Put a bowl of milk out and nearly ANY mammal will drink it. Are you telling me your cat won't drink some milk if you put it out for him? The only reason other animals don't drink milk from different species is because we're the only species smart enough to know how to extract it.
>>
>>35801792
How much weight have you actually gained? Could it be sodium effects?
>>
>>35800786
Is this picture telling me that i could make 500lbs of sick cow muscle gains?
>>
>>35803350
Ants.
>>
>>35803418
most animals don't drink milk because its milk, they taste the fat content. Fat is valuable in survival of the fittest
>>
Whatever you guys do, do not drink milk.
Listen to Dr. Klaper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toZ7Mr-ClCE
>>
>>35800848
Cats and dogs do.
>>
>>35801768
>to some degree

I'm pretty intolerant to a litre of ethanol. So I guess I'm intolerant of alcohol to some degree.
>>
File: Cow's milk.jpg (81 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Cow's milk.jpg
81 KB, 720x720
>>
>>35803858
most animals don't drink milk because they're far less intelligent and incapable of domestication and farming
>>
File: hhhhwat.gif (1 MB, 342x338) Image search: [Google]
hhhhwat.gif
1 MB, 342x338
>>35804093
>pus cells
>leads to osteo
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.