[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What things do men own, /fit/? I'm moving out of home in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: bach.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bach.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
What things do men own, /fit/?
I'm moving out of home in two weeks and I need to indulge in some bachelor shopping.
So far on the list;
>New leather wallet
>New leather keyring
>Nail clippers
To keep it fitness related
>new gym membership at town I'm moving too

Anything else on this list? What's YOUR one thing you couldn't go back and live without?
>>
A nice set of clippers so I don't have to pay someone to cut my hair
>>
>>35795365

Pepper spray
Taser
Rape whistle
>>
>>35795385
>cutting your own hair
Unless you're buzzing it off, that idea is retarded.
>>
>>35795435
I usually just buzz it off, but have done other hairstyles before. It's not very hard if you have someone to double check it for you.
>>
>>35795365
shop-vac
vice-grips
a couple of buckets
>>
File: 1449863383852.png (151 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1449863383852.png
151 KB, 480x360
>>35795435
>He pays other people to cut his hair
>>
>>35795466
Well, yes. I actually intend on looking presentable in my day-to-day life.
>>
>>35795549
this
i only go to a hairdresser once every 3 months but when i need a haircut i just go to some turk. for some reason they're getting everything right. they dont speak much, you just say "i need a haircut, short on the sides, 3cm or something on the top" and they do their job in 20 minutes, try to trim everything right, you pay 15€ and leave. no smalltalk, no questions about what you want exactly, just in, haircut, out.

turks can be annoying sandniggers but damn are they good at cutting hair
>>
>>35795365
Guns
Quality furniture
A plant or two
Buy fewer quality things rather than more garbage quality things

What NOT to own:
Posters (classical art prints with frames are okay)
>>
>decent set of cookware
>food storage containers
>large, sturdy cutting board
>basic hand tools
>>
>>35795365
Tools. A plunger, because you won't realize you need one until you really fucking need one.

>i need a new wallet to move out
>i need a new keyring to move out
c'mon son.
>>
Flame pants.
>>
Just shit so you can fix minor problems without having to get a landlord/serviceman in. Plunger, screwdriver etc. Also, I like to have a set of dumbbells and a pullup bar around just incase I cba to go to the gym or i'm ill/snow etc keeps you inside for a while so I can keep myself ticking over. Also, I stock up on protein powder just incase some shit like this happens again
>>
>>35795466
not him but I don't trust myself to give myself an undercut nd a haircut is $15
>>
>>35795692
Am besten wenn die mit dem in Alkohol getränkten Wattebausch kommen und die Haare am Ohr abbrennen.
Oder mit den Faden die Augenbrauen...das sind Skillz
>>
>>35795838
Ich hab netma gefragt und der hat mir die Augenbrauen getrimmt. Erst als er schon den ersten Zug durchhatte hat er mich gefragt "Augenbrauen auch?" was ich dann verneint hab. Aber halt überhaupt nix gesagt und der Kerl rasiert und trimmt meinen Nacken ohne ein Wort zu sagen. Schon geil
>>
>>35795878
>kankermoffen
kanker op
>>
>>35795878
Jo bei mir wern die Haare lichter und Friseur is mir zu teuer. Mit der Maschine kostet 10€ und geht hammer schnell.
>>
A book shelf to put your books in.

You do read Anon, yes?

Also this >>35795790
Some basic tools like a plunger, hammer, screwdriver ect.
>>
>need to buy things to feel like a man
sad bro
>>
Consumerism is for women, not for men.
>>
>>35795365
>What things do men own, /fit/?
If you don't know, then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>35795435
Believe it or not you can cut your own hair nicely.

Takes practice, though. And it doesn't seem to translate into cutting other people's hair well.
>>
>>35795365

>A suit that fits, not just off the rack garbage
>Allen Edmonds shoes and a matching belt
>Wallet
and if you're American
>a pistol
>a quality holster
>a quality gun belt
>a permit to carry (if you live in a state that mandates them)
>>
File: afsag - Copy.png (213 KB, 492x432) Image search: [Google]
afsag - Copy.png
213 KB, 492x432
>>35795435
I've cut my own hair for probably the last 8 years and I think I do a pretty good job. I get complimented on it reasonably often. It really isn't that hard. There's a reason you don't need a PhD to be a hairdresser and I got sick of them fucking my shit up every time I went.
>>
File: 1.jpg (301 KB, 906x1181) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
301 KB, 906x1181
>>35795365
A small knife to open shit with

The amount of times I've needed one is stupid and I still don't have one. Using keys is a pain in the ass

Get some nice cologne if you wear any, Versace blue jeans smells p good, although I usually just put on some deodorant and that covers me more than well enough

A nice pair of work boots come in handy from time to time, or at least, something other than sneakers to protect your feet
>>
>>35795365
Pots and pans, knives, scissors, screwdriver, hammer, broom, bucket, razor, bookshelf, flat iron, bandages, aspirin.
>>
>>35795365
A gun
>>
>>35795365
Socket set so you can do minor maintenance on your car
>>
>>35796261
Burger detected
>>
>>35796174
How.
>>
File: rat1.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rat1.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
>>35796211
Get an Ontario RAT-1. It's 25 bucks on Amazon and is the best knife for that price I've ever come across. /k/ will tell you to get Benchmade and all that shit, but honestly if you just need a small pocketknife as a beater tool, the RAT-1 will be as nice as you need. Maintains an edge well, and easy to sharpen.

More expensive models will be objectively "better" because of steel quality and things of that nature, but they quickly reach diminishing returns and you should ask yourself how much "knife" you really need.
>>
>>35796284
>get clippers for like 20 bucks
>watch how-to videos on youtube
>do a really shitty job for the first few cuts
>get better from practice

Crew cuts and undercuts are really not hard to do. I only go to a barber once in a while if I need my hair thinned or something.
>>
File: oXRmvsF.jpg (116 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
oXRmvsF.jpg
116 KB, 640x640
>What things do men own, /fit/?
>Anything else on this list? What's YOUR one thing you couldn't go back and live without?

Toolbox
Plunger
Set of GOOD kitchen knives
First Aid Kit
Fire Extinguisher
Extra extension cord
Can opener
Flashlight
Spare batteries
Spare towels
>>
>>35795365
My guitar, used to be my dads.

My diary, fuck you if you think that's gay, shit keeps me leveled
>>
>>35796345
>My diary, fuck you if you think that's gay, shit keeps me leveled
Same. sometimes you just gotta blogpost to get the shit out of your head but no one wants to hear that bullshit.
>>
>>35796354
i sometimes thought about making one but i was way too paranoid about anyone ever finding it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (186 KB, 920x1385) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
186 KB, 920x1385
>>35796300
Thanks alot anon

Buying now
>>
>>35795365
Nose hari trimmer
beard trimmer
Trimmer to shave testicles and dick separate from other one
Some nice candles and incense for fuggin
Fuck wallets get a money clip
A nice blender
Crockpot
Gym-meme gear - belt, straps, rogue bands, slingshot
A PC and long HDMI cable connected to at least a 60" LED SmartTV

If you don't have all of this yet you are a cuck
Also,

Nice couches, matching dark wood furniture,
maybe some beersteins, coasters, and a beer mini fridge

Your welcome
>>
>>35796300
>folding knife
>not a fixed blade full tang mother fucking anything else but a fucking folding knife

Checkout Gideon's tactical on youtbue for some outdoor gear buying info
>>
>>35796364
I also keep a JOURNAL. You fucking pussies. It's for men teenage girls keep diaries
Sometimes I add a note on top of the page if there's some really sensitive material stating not to read it, and if you do, it's all creative writing practice and not factual. That gives me a little peace of mind, but just in case it's a good idea to have just a regular spiral and keep it in a stack of your school supplies or in your backpack, which gives the benefit of keeping it with you.
>>
>>35796174
Ugly manlet detected HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>35796631
recommendations on nose / ear hair trimmers?
>>
File: IMAG1078.jpg (865 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1078.jpg
865 KB, 1520x2688
>>35796583
If it's too big they also have a model known as the rat-2 that is a little smaller. here's mine with some stuff for scale
>>
>>35795797
>Guy fieri pls
>>
>>35796653
I don't need a full tang knife to open boxes of dragon Dildos m8. You act like I use my rat1 for tacticool survival. I have a hatchet and kabar for that.
>>
>>35796211
>Get some nice cologne if you wear any, Versace blue jeans smells p good
Is there a Starting Cologne somewhere? Shit's expensive and there's so many to choose from.
>>
>>35795365
a blender
>>
>>35796671
Wahl makes decent shit if your looking to trim any hair and I have a Remington multipurpose trimmer which has a bunch of different detachable heads that you can use for different stuff like trimming ears, nose, chest hair, etc which works pretty good
>>
>>35796694
Fragrantica.com

Get one of the most populair ones
>>
>>35796664
>keeping a diary
>calling others pussies

Haha i bet you call your purse a "european travel tote" as well
>>
>>35796692
Thats fine desu, I'd just rather use my leatherman for any around the house stuff. I feel like a folding blade loses out on versatility and doesn't really do anything my leatherman can't
>>
>>35795365
A shavette. Cheap, and you can't get a faster shave. Everything from trimmers to straight razors needs mainteinance, with a shavette you just pop a new blade in, and the shaving itself is barely slower than a straight.
>>
>>35796664
you're one of those people who thinks it isn't gay to like boys when they're called "traps", aren't you
>>
Men own expendable currency they didn't waste on a white girl vanity shopping spree.

>>35796279
Nice detective work, Port Arthur Pete.
>>
Two things every bachelor needs;
>A nice fitting suit
>An onahole
>>
>>35795692
>not going to a male groomers and getting a face massage from a petite attractive slavic girl

The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>35795365
>nail clippers
what are you a pussy ? use a fucking pocket knife
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>35798363

>toeknife
>>
>>35796364
>>35796664
Did you guys hear about this new thing called "computers" and "passwords"? Unless you need to write your shit in a beautiful leather notebook using a fountain pen, in which case fuck you.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.