[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last one is dying new QTTDTOT thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: image20160128-1149-14wa6du.jpg (34 KB, 350x390) Image search: [Google]
image20160128-1149-14wa6du.jpg
34 KB, 350x390
Last one is dying new QTTDTOT thread.
>>
>>35792611
Can I do SS and have good gains if I exercise 2 times a week?
>>
Posted in another thread but it's late so there's nobody on fit right now anyway.

I've been doing this routine "http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beginner-to-advanced-bodybuilder-in-12-weeks-phase-3.html" for a few months now.

Is there a better 3 day split I could be doing?
>>
Currently at 15% BF. Will cutting to 8-12% yield noticeable facial gains or is that reserved for fatties?
>>
>>35792616
Also, I modified it to:

Monday

>Deadlift 5x3
>Squat 5x3
>Bench 5x3
>Bent over rows 5x3
>OHP 5x3
>Lat pulldown 10x3
>Curls 10x3

Friday

>Deadlift 5x3
>Squat 5x3
>Dip 10x3
>Bent over rows 5x3
>OHP 5x3
>Chin ups 10x3
>>
Is it okay to "wobble" during bench and OHP?
not really wobbling so much purely because of the weight, but one arm just moves up a little faster than the other and its off balance.
>>
Why can't I wear jeans at the gym? They make my ass look great and hold my keys where the thieving Puerto Ricans can't get them
>>
>>35792639
It can definetly happen. I know I do, but it depends on the person. I easily get a poofy face, and that dissappear every time i cut down bf.
>>
>>35792657
>>35792616
2 times is better than nothing, enjoy sitting in the gym about 3 hours with that routine. Why cant u do 3 days?
>>
>>35792666
Same here, I wobble like a fat nigga on ice
>>
>>35792666
Nothing mostly to worry about, if ure still tight through the whole lift
>>
I used to be fairly fit and had a good physique, but after 3 or so years of pretty much non-existing lifting, I've lost more or less all progress and im back to being skinnyfat.

Would jumping straight into an intermediate routine be advisable? or just back to basics?
>>
>>35792684
I live in a rural area and go to work by bus. Only on Monday and Friday does the bus leave late enough tp give me time to work out.

Nigga I also ment three sets of 5/10 reps. I do that in about 1.5 hours
>>
>>35792697
Back to basics buddy.

Although, as long as you eat like mad and get on a linear routine you should be able to get your gains back fairly quickly, especially since you know proper form and wont be making any rookie mistakes.
>>
What do I do to not feel like shit in the mornings? I usually need half of the day to feel better and I do get my 8 hours every night.
>>
>>35792611
Is white boiled rice good for bulking/has a lot of protons?
>>
question:

should i continue doing SL 5x5 on OHP?

last workout i put 5kg instead of 2,5kg on every exercise (squat, ohp, row)

any good OHP form video? i never know whether i should be parallel to the ground with my upper body or at an angle
>>
File: 1374736335001.jpg (65 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
1374736335001.jpg
65 KB, 437x437
How many hours after lunch should you wait before going to the gym?
>>
>>35792705
Lol da fck places reps before sets, ah well its better than nothing. Do something bw at home in the middle of the week imo
>>
File: 1453702195730.jpg (121 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1453702195730.jpg
121 KB, 768x1024
>>35792611
Recovering fatty im 6'2" 175lbs down from 220 and about to start eating at/above maintenance.

For the past 6 months I've trained myself to not eat a ton of food and my stomache has shrunk so how the FUCK am I supposed to eat 2960+ calories?
>>
>>35792785
I eat around 1 hour before going to the gym, sometimes if im low on energy i eat a snickers bar while warming up for that preworkout energy mind blowing myself into beast mode effect
>>
>>35792789
You honestly thought that I do 10sets of curls?

Also, Eastern-Europa. Who the fuck puts months before days?
>>
At what weight on my lifts should I get a belt? I'm almost lifting 1/2/3/4 and haven't used one yet. Am I about to get a hernia or some shit?
>>
What is the standard of 1pl8 here? Is it 45lbs or 25kg? Also, Do you count the bar weight?
>>
Is it okay to do OHP with weighted barbells?
>>
>>35792856
so its 70kg aka bodyweight for some poeple?
>>
>>35792657
>>35792705
Have you actually tried this? If you can do 3x10 chinups after all that work on Friday you most likely aren't working out hard enough.

I can guess the reason why you're putting deadlifts first but I recommend doing OHP first and deadlift last (before accessories) as otherwise progression is going to be difficult, if not impossible.

Cut down on the accessories if possible. Also the power clean is an important part of SS, I recommend swapping deadlift on Monday for it.

>>35792815
There is no point in strength at which you should wear a belt. Belts allow you to maintain proper form in heavy sets of deadlift and squats. Pretty sure the hernia bit is broscience. If you can afford one, I'd say go for it but try not to become too reliant on it.

>>35792847
1pl8 is 60kg with the standard oly bar. That is, 20kg on each side with the bar 20kg itself. Thus 2pl8 is 100kg, 3pl8 is 140kg and so on.
>>
>>35792856
so 50kg?
>>
>>35792860
>>35792856
>It's 25kg
>It's 20kg

Nigga which is it?
>>
My body seems to be completely rejecting exercise, and I have no idea why. I've been lifting heavy and doing cardio regularly for about 7 months, but since a month and a half ago, it's all started going horribly. I used to look forward to working out, it was the best part of my day, and I wanted to do more all the time. But it randomly shifted from rest days being the worst of my week, to workout days being the worst. The idea of working out sounded fucking terrible. Every time I went my lifts went down, my recovery slowed IMMENSELY (I went from feeling almost no doms after a session to being unbearably sore even 5 days after), I felt mentally and physically tired the whole time, and I just wanted to leave. I cut down my volume, intensity, and even took a full week and a half off, but when I went back I was still sore and hated it.

I don't even get endorphins anymore. No rush, just pain. My form is fine on everything, I got it checked, same as it was before, but now suddenly my knees and shoulders are killing me on every lift. Cardio feels tedious and even though I have the capacity to go on, I just can't do it. My body wants to slow/quit at every moment and it takes all my willpower to force myself to not half rep. I eat the same as before, nothing has changed, but I just fucking hate working out. All I want in the world is to never work out ever fucking again.

I literally get suicidal thoughts while exercising or going to the gym. Like, "I would rather die than do this". I even burst into tears after failing a bitch weight squat last week. It was embarrassing. I don't experience this emotional stability in any other area of my life. Wtf happened? Sorry for blog post.
>>
>>35792611
I have been lifting for around 2 years and started doing PHAT recently, is there any issues/anything I should add to it? Is the routine good for building aesthetics? (Link to routine below)
http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html
>>
>>35792673
Rivets damage the upholstery on benches. Denim isn't particularly flexible either unless it's a spandex blend so you're also fucking yourself over.
>>
File: ai1.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ai1.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>35792802
help brahs
>>
>>35792874
It's 20kg a plate.

Conventionally, the heaviest plate used in powerlifting (and thus found in gyms) is a 20kg/45lbs plate. Some gyms do carry 25kg/55lbs plates for some reason, but this is the exception rather than the rule.

Note that the heaviest oly plates come in 25kg though (red) and this is their standard. I have no idea how heavy crossfit bumber plates go however.

>>35792899
You are wrong.
>>
>>35792875
Doctor time. Could be a wide variety of issues like thyroid or diabetes or something to do with nutrition or sleep.
>>
>>35792875

stress?
>>
>>35792907
Get your daily proton goal and then just drink,drink and drink. Little bottles of juices have 500kcal in em
>>
how does /fit/ track their weights for each exercises? Do you just remember them? Write it down?

I do about 6 exercises/workout x3 a week and I've no clue how to keep track.
>>
>>35792944
Yeah true I didn't even think of drinking my calories
>>
>>35792958
I just add them up to my phone after finishing the set as I carry it around to listen to music.
>>
>>35792875
You are stressed the fuck out. Anxiety and/or depression. Seek help, man.
Good luck with it.
>>
How do you quit sugar without feeling sick?
I'm on my 4th day of no candy/chocolate/sugary bread/sweet yoghurt or fizzy drinks.
My brain is melting, it feels like I'm having the flu and a tremendous weight over me, constantly. I even have a blurry vision and slightly shaking hands.
Mind you, I'm used to eating 150g+ of chocolate EVERY day. Combined with sweetened bread and apple cider to every meal (My family produces it)
How likely is it that it's some kind of pre-stage to diabetes?
>>
>>35792774
pls respond
>>
>>35792907
face of a child, I'm not a closet pedo so this isn't attractive to me
>>
>>35792875
Just rest nigga, drop it for a month if you gots to.
If it aint fun why you tearing your butthole?
>>
is it normal for a complete noob to be able to bench more than they squat or is my squat form just complete shite?
>>
>>35793086
Not all sugar is bad, eat some fruit, But in moderation
>>
>>35792774
move your wakeup around a bit
make sure you're not drinking shit like tea/coffee/booze before bed.
>>
>>35793162
yes
>>
There was a thread semi related to this yesterday, I was too busy to post but I read through it. I'm a skinnyfat grill who is very low weight (5'3 100 lbs) but I still have a pretty noticeable belly pouch. I've been trying to lose bf but not weight, which is really hard. /fit/ told me (as they said in the aforementioned thread) that if I just ate at maintenance/slight deficit and lifted heavy weights, I would lean out. I've been doing so with HIIT cardio for 6 months, but it just seems worse than ever. I eat around maintenance generally, but I lost ~4 lbs of scale weight since I started, controlled for water weight etc so it's for sure 4 lbs lost.

I'm not really sure why, but it seems like my bf% went up. I lost fat in my ass and tits but I have half an inch more of fat in my stomach, love handles and back fat I never had before, and noticeably more jiggle in my arms/legs. I look bigger despite being a lower weight, but not more defined. I eat 0.8g/lb protein per day, is that too low? What is the issue here? I know girls 30 lbs+ heavier than me at same height with flatter stomachs. I lift 5x weekly (lifts have been going up, nothing special but I am making progress) and do HIIT 3x weekly, sometimes added LISS.

Should I see a doctor? I didn't want to call muh genetics or anything but I've been working so hard and seeing reverse progress. I'm so self conscious I won't wear anything tight or even take my shirt off for any reason. I thought lifting would help me become high test, but I just literally look like I have high test.
>>
So im your typical skinnyfat DYEL. My flatmate has a free wieght set that another one of my friends who is a gym bro and I have been playing around with, nothing too serious. But I really want to lose the beer gut and get a bit muscle, so when the family got together and they asked me what I had been doing, I said I had been playing around with some wieghts and wanted to lift more.

They all laughed at the same time. Literally all of them. My sister, my father, mum dad, all laughed and said something along the lines of "No anon, you cant do that, ahaha that was a funny joke!

Shit really tore me up. Does my family really know best and should I not bother, or should I use this rage as motivation and get ripped.

help
>>
>>35792616
Same question, but I can go to gym only at Friday and Sunday
>>
Recently I lost a lot of weight changing my diet. It is normal that my weight varies every day, like 2 or 3 pounds? It is best to weight myself every day or once a week ?
>>
>>35793086
Yes. This.

>>35792697
I'm in a somewhat similar boat. About 2 years. I have about 60 percent strength and it comes back at a nice pace. Just gotta remember not to overdo it as you could seriously get injured by trying to relive your past.

>>35793086
I also have something similar. If I don't a ingest a certain amount of sugar I get headaches and develop some anxiety. I notice this when I attempt to limit my sugar intake and drink a gallon of water a day. What do?
>>
>>35793216
Don't let em get to you anon. It's crabs in a bucket, they all just want to drag you down. Or projection, since they know they would never go to the gym and get ripped, so they think you won't either. There's literally no reason you can't, if you put in the effort with a good routine, you can do it.

Ignore families and friends while getting swole, unless they also go to the gym. People are really ignorant nowadays when it comes to fitness, especially lifting.
>>
File: ai2.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ai2.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>35793145
faggot
>>
>>35793246
Couldn't have put it better
>>
>>35793239
>>35793086
You might have diabetes. I'm serious, go get it checked out.

On the other hand, it's worth mentioning that sugar IS a drug and does have withdrawal effects. Much like any other drug, if you go through a long period of eating a lot of sugar consistently, once you stop, you will feel like shit and get headaches. If you stick to low sugar, you'll start to feel better after about a week or two. If after that point you still feel very odd without sugar, you really might have diabetes. Get it checked out now if you are constantly thirsty even while hydrated, have poor recovery, are constantly fatigued, or have tingling in the hands and feet.
>>
How much in kgs is 1/2/3/4 plate?
>>
>>35793189
My gf is in a similar position. We assume it's because she's on a birth control shot. One of the side effects is weight gain. Are you on some from of birth control?
>>
>>35793272
Well shit.

Mom is diabetic. I'm never gonna play the genetics card. Fuck that. I'm gonna push through this shit. Thanks anon, I'll get checked.
>>
>>35793302
60/100/140/180

20 kg standard Olympic barbell and 20 kg plates on both sides.
>>
I have puffy nipples. Am I gonna make it brahs?
>>
>>35793363
Puffy nipples are glands, só they wont shrink with exercise. But the glands can be removed by a simple surgery.
I had to do it when i was 20, because i had hormonal problems.
>>
Is fasted cardio a myth? I keep reading contradicting studies. What's your personal experience?
>>
>>35793424
Newest research says there's no benefit. If anything, doing it fed can lead to better performance, which translates to better results.
>>
>>35793446
Yeah I read that recently, definitely get a better workout in when I've eaten. Thanks for the input famiglia
>>
>>35792775
>what are nutrition facts

It's not bad for you and it's good for bulking but definitely not a good source of protein. Eggs, meats, cottage cheese, tuna, whey, fish are high in protein
>>
>>35792802
>>35792907

Drink your calories. Whey protein, milk... Also nuts like almonds and cashews are very high calorie for only a handful
>>
>>35793383
Oh wow I see. Do you think I can still look aesthetic with them? Say if I reach my goal body, at 10% bf etc. If I can avoid surgery I will. Plus I'm not competing in bb or anything
>>
>>35792611
any recommendations on what I can eat extra on a lean bulk? Currently have almonds (not activated) as snacks.
>>
>>35793189
Post a pic from the side, you could have bad posture (posterior pelvic tilt?) I have it and my lower belly pooches out. I've been stretching my hip flexors every day for about a week and it has helped a little bit already

If you stand flat against a wall, there shouldn't be much space between your lower back and the wall. If someone could fit their whole arm in there, you likely have bad posture
>>
>>35793535
or let's say
healthy snacks in general
>>
File: IMG_20160128_102918.jpg (172 KB, 892x1197) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160128_102918.jpg
172 KB, 892x1197
Does it look like I lift in clothes? 2 months on compounds and 2 months doing stupid shit because shitty trainers.
Sorry for the shit quality
>>
>>35793236
Water weight causes my weight to fluctuate up or down about 6 pounds every day. If it bothers you watch your sodium intake and eat asparagus as it is a diuretic that also causes your body to flush out salt.

But yeah it's normal
>>
>>35793546
Guess it sort of does, but come on man, 2 months of semi serious training? It's nothing. You can't even rightfully say you lift yet. You've barely made it out of new year resolitioner mode.
No offense.
>>
Havent been on /fit/ very much in the last year or so, just wondering whatever happened to Supermang

>>35792802
Could try adding "x" caloies/week into your diet for a series of weeks so that you aren't jumping straight in the deep end and it will also help avoid stacking on fat in the first few weeks imo
>>
>>35793216
Been in the same position bro, if you find people react negatively to you working out then try to avoid talking to them about it as it will only hamper your motivation. Definitely don't let people stop you trying to improve yourself though, just keep going and most of the negativity stops once you have a bit of size
>>
So im coming off an extreme cut (1200-1400kcal a day) and I'm trying to up my calorie count intake a little bit per day so would 100kCal per day be too much to increase by?
>>
>>35793712
Theres no sure fire answers but 100-200 is generally what I have found good in the past (I've never had to drop below 2400 calories tho). Just try to track your bodyweight and judge bf% from the mirror and use that to determine how your calories should change. Just play around and get to know how your body reacts I guess
>>
Hi /fit/
So I following the Reg Parks that is on the stick, so here it is:

Workout A:
Back Squats 5×5
Pull-Ups 5×5 (doing on machine until I'm able to do with bodyweight)
Bench Press 5×5
Barbell Curls 2×10
Finger Curls 2×10
Calves 2×15-20
Workout B:
Front Squats 5×5
Rows 5×5
OHP 5×5
Deadlifts 3×5
Reverse Wrist Curls 2×10
Calves 2×15-20

So, I was wondering: There is no triceps work???

And it's ok to add an ab exercise like plank?
>>
Yo beginner from 1 month here.
My left side is way weaker than my right side, like I can military press at 10kg easy with right arm but 6 is kinda hard for my left arm. Should I ignore it and will it somehow balance itself out?
Or should I change weight whenever I swap arm for 1 arm exercises?
>>
How accurate is MyFitnessPal's calorie goal estimate? I'm 5'11.6" and 145lb. I've been cutting for a month on 1500 cals and I'm now beginning a lean bulk. According to MyFitnessPal, at my height age and weight with a sedentary lifestyle to maintain I should eat 2100 cals/day. After adding in cardio and lifting its 2590
So I add 300 cals (for lean bulk) and I'm at 2900 cals
This seems like a shit load of food to me. Does that sound accurate to you guys? Basically eating double what I was before
>>
File: NO FUN ALLOWED kot.jpg (304 KB, 697x1723) Image search: [Google]
NO FUN ALLOWED kot.jpg
304 KB, 697x1723
>>35793824
>1 month
Relax, took 3 months for me to equalize OHP
>>
What weight did you start lifting at /fit/? I just started last month, and when I read other people's achievements and realise that I'm lifting not even 1/4 of these people it makes me think I'm not even trying. I deadlift 40kg, squat 30 but can only OHP 10kg.
>>
>>35792666
This is a sign of muscle imbalance. Try switching to a dumbell press and really focus on your side that is lacking.

>>35792775
Brown rice is better

>>35792777
Keep doing Ohp and just remember that it progresses slower than the rest. You want yo be standing upright with a straight back and push straight up.

>>35792847
1 plate is 20kg on each side with a 20kg Olympic bar so 60kg all together

>>35793086
By not having shit will power

>>35793216
The hardest part about fixing your nutrition and training is deal with the anxiety of switching your life habits and the response you get from your peers. Get over this and then its so much easier after that. The satisfaction of proving everyone wrong was enough to keep me motivated.

>>35793424
Fasting for 16 hours can raise your hormones but it's not going to make a difference in the long run.

>>35793535
Oats with berries
Greek yogurt
Protien bars
>>
So I've been lifting a year and hit my 2 big goals, hit 150 pounds and bench at least my body weight. So I'm benching 170 now but I've been kind of stalling on that for a while. Is lmao2pl8 an achievable goal for this year? I'm assuming you start hitting diminishing returns pretty quick.
>>
>>35793747
I also started supplementing creatine monohydrate so I'm just going to assume any weight gain is from that. I know it's recommend to eat at maintenance for a week or two for you metabolism to "re adjust" but is that just bullshit?
>>
>>35793786
Please upload a video of yourself doing a bench press with out the use of triceps for our entertainment.

Also can you show me how you can deadlift and Squat with out using your abs?
>>
>>35793847
Mine were mostly similar

Squat 65 lb
Bench 75 lb
Deadlift 95 lb
OHP 55 lb

Can you really not OHP the bar?
>>
>>35793847
Don't worry about it. You will curse your muscles time and time again but eventually you'll reach 1pl8, feel awesome for a few moments, then see the road ahead and weep. But ultimately, everyone started somewhere.
[spoiler]I started with double what you have btw, but I was fairly physically active prior to lifting[/spoiler]
>>
>>35793920
>Can you really not OHP the bar?
Those were the weight of the plates, not including the bar. But even then my bar is only 10kg, so I could probably do only an olympic bar with no plates.
>>
>>35793912
As you can see, I'am a begginer, I was just asking, man.
No need to be rude.
>>
>>35792774
Get a sleep study done. You probably have sleep apnea. I'm 100% nut tired in the morning after getting on CPAP.
>>
>>35793967
You add the weight of the bar, you idiot.
>>
>>35794012
Ok, asshole.
>>
>>35792611
New to fitness, been following the sticky and doing the starting strength program. Curious if I should add any arm exercises so I don't end up tyrannosaurus Rex mode.

Also as a newbie the idea of power cleans terrifies me. How do I learn to do that exercise correctly without breaking my back?
>>
>>35792893
why thank you
>>
>>35793840
Alright thanks
>>
My sleep schedule is kinda fucked, and I almost certainly have to go one or two nights with limited sleep in order to fix it. Question is, would it be better (gains wise) to sleep less the night before I go to the gym, or the night before a rest day?
>>
I have a fused vertebrae with my sacrum,should I be more careful with some exercises? I was told to not ass to grass squats.
>>
Redpill me on processed cheese. It's the last junk I need to cut from my diet
>>
>>35794226
it's addictive breh
>>
Are condiments okay? The main ones I have are light mayo and light salad cream in my tuna sandwhich. This won't effect me too badly right?
>>
>>35794364
In terms of weight loss I mean. Esp to tte lower bf percentages
>>
>>35794226
Processed cheese is a wide definiton. It's basically cheese with whey, emulsifiers, milk, salts, preservatives, and/or food coloring added, but the legal definition gives opportunity to alter the cheese base in so many numerous ways that it is very difficult to know what a product actually contain of different additives and what processes the food substance actually has gone through.

It's because of the wide gray area of manipulation that processed cheese is dubious. I can guarantee you that all processed cheese is made with profit in mind rather than health or taste benificialities, so it will undoubtedly do more harm than good in your diet.

I recommend going cold turkey, as you should with any food addiction. After going without it for a while, retasting it will reveal how shit it actually is for you.
>>
File: 1451621959337.jpg (19 KB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
1451621959337.jpg
19 KB, 245x280
why do protein farts happen
>>
How do I grow my calves, I've always been super skelly and did cross country and shit in high school, so they are ridiculously small and I don't know how much attention/weight/volume I need.
>>
>>35794718
Squats and oats. Not even kidding. Eat enough and train strength in legs, that's it.
>>
File: IMG_3648.jpg (521 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3648.jpg
521 KB, 1632x1224
hello /fit/

it seems i have a bad case of anterior pelvic tilt, i hadn't really noticed until i took this side view picture
(also fat and manlet but that's a different problem)

i have been doing these
http://kaasplateau.com/stretches.pdf
post workout

do you guys have any other suggestions? am i boned?
>>
File: 1411237656700.jpg (63 KB, 479x500) Image search: [Google]
1411237656700.jpg
63 KB, 479x500
>>35794768
oh my gosh i have no idea why the fucking picture posted landscape i should have fucking checked before i uploaded it FFFFFFUCK
>>
>>35792611
New to fitness, been following the sticky and doing the starting strength program. Curious if I should add any arm exercises so I don't end up tyrannosaurus Rex mode.

Also as a newbie the idea of power cleans terrifies me. How do I learn to do that exercise correctly without breaking my back?
>>
>>35794808
yes add accesory work.
watch yt videos. internet is full of tips and guides and preventing injuries.
>>
>>35794590
Consuming too much protein in a short amount of time. If you're getting bad farts space out your protons and if you're still getting them you're just consuming too much total
>>
is 255 a good point for 8 rep squat sets?

If not then I'm going to have to start going to a gym that isn't in my apartment complex.
>>
>>35794979
>smith machine squats
You should definitely be going somewhere that isn't your apartment complex.
Get in a real squat rack, drop down to 185 and start doing real squats
>>
Do girls find it intimidating if you have a bigger ass and tits than them?
>>
What is the best way to work front squats into SS?
>>
any way to pirate the SS official app for android? having trouble finding an .apk
>>
>>35792611
How do I make ab gains?
I've been doing 3 sets of front and side planks each workout and even leg raises but shit barely improves, and even then, it just feels like a pump for a bit.
>>
Why does muscle help with attraction, and why do grills love ottermode?
>>
>>35795271
Just swap one of your lighter squat session (assuming you've progressed to that point) for front squats.

Front squats are a bit of a pain to do- the limit of how strong you are at it is usually more of how much you can hold in the rack position than the strength of your quads. As such they really aren't a replacement for back squats but are fine as a light weight/hypertrophy exercise.

>>35794979
>smith machine
>triggered.jpg
Smith machine squats are glorified leg presses.

>>35795505
Reduce body fat + pump when you need it
>>
>>35795530
Women in general are clueless what a decent male body looks like or is capable of achieving hence the love for "ottermode". Regardless I suggest you focus on these groups in the given order- lats, delts, glutes, chest.
>>
File: hoodie-3.jpg (12 KB, 390x285) Image search: [Google]
hoodie-3.jpg
12 KB, 390x285
Anyone else have a dude at their gym that works out with a sweater and sweat pants with the hood up basically covering his eyes? There is some dude like that at my gym. He never smiles either.
>>
File: asupons.jpg (74 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
asupons.jpg
74 KB, 768x1024
How do I defeat yellow fever?
>>
>>35795729
I'm this guy. What's wrong with this guy?
>>
>>35794768
hi hi
>>
I've been sick for a few days and lost most of my bulking appetite. Will it kill me to take a week or two to get back to eating 3K cals daily?
>>
>>35795751
You don't. Please stop posting and die already.
>>
>>35792611
How many lifts should I do for each muscle group on one day? I currently have three workouts for each muscle group on their respective days.
>>
>>35795830
Kill you? No. Stall your progress? Yes. Try drinking your cals.
>>
Lat pulldowns. Is a wide grip going to grind my shit up?
>>
If the doctor makes me wait for months for an appointment, is it a sign that he does not take me seriously? I know he has open appointments, but still give me an appointment two months away.
>>
>>35795859
So it could be worst. Good to know. I don't mind losing a week or two if it means getting better. And yeah, since I'm struggling to eat I've been drinking shakes that would make Piana proud
>>
>>35795822
Why the fuck do you do that? who the fuck wheres a hood inside?
>>
>>35795968
i meant wears*
>>
How to breath during deadlift? Is it really necessary to hold your breath throughout the entire rep like rippetoe says or can you take a breath at the top? Doing it his way fucking kills me
>>
>>35795968
Probably because they have no traps and it hurts them when they squat
>>
>>35796089
So they're a pussy?
>>
>>35795968
I do it because I have scars on my neck and don't want people staring. Otherwise I use a scarf, but I can't wear a scarf at the gym. No idea about your guy though.
>>
Anyone have a fitness related job? I was thinking about becoming a personal trainer, would like some insight on that. How hard it is to get a fitness related job, requirements etc.
>>
When will be a good time to start cutting for summer? I don't have a lot of fat just around the abdominal area a small bit. Own estimation is 16/17% bf
>>
>>35796282
In the same boat. Curious as well
>>
>>35796282
You can get pretty lean in as little as 2 months from that starting point if you're focused.
Personally I've already started. I like to take it slow and take breaks from the cut every now and then. Also reduces the risk of stalling on the fat loss in my experience. Basically I do a couple of weeks of cutting, then a couple maintenance. Back and forth like that. Makes it seem effortless.

But yeah, 2 months is enough if you just want to be ripped and bulk up again when summer ends.
>>
>>35795583
Why glutes? More hip thrusts?
>>
>>35796316
Thanks, already suspected 2 months would be enough. I'll start my cut at the end of March.
>>
>>35794856
What sort of exercises should I add specifically? Is there any specific exercise people recommend adding to starting strength? I'm thinking I should add a forearm and bicep exercise. Does squatting hit your calves or should I also add some sort of calves exercise??
Also I'm a fat fuck at 263 so I've been dieting. How badly will dieting cut into my gains??
>>
>>35796495
Mind you this is with no partying on weekends, no birthday cake, no pizza on Saturdays etc. If you want to reach a decent bf%.
>>
Doing SS. Currently, I add on a few accessories at the end, eg crunches, curls, skullcrushers, that forearm thing where you wind up the rope, etc.

The thing is, I actually like going to the gym and I don't like rest days. Can I make a whole separate "accessory/cardio" day to put between SS A and B? So it would be 3 days on (A, accessory, B) and then a rest day?
>>
>>35796517
What's usually recommended are dips and chin-ups. These exercises also work your arms pretty well.
For a fat fuck like yourself though, those may not be the best options. Instead you can do 2-4 sets of lat pulldowns and push-ups until you've shed enough weight to be able to perform the other exercises. Aim for higher reps on these exercises (8-15).
You can also add some stuff for direct arm work if you like, and ab and calf work. The important thing is that you don't let it detract from your 3 main exercises of the day. Those are what will be responsible for the vast majority of your gains, so that's where your focus must be.
>>
>>35796530
Haha yea I know, should be fine. I don't even eat that stuff on bulk, all clean for me
>>
>>35795892
anyone?
>>
>>35796530
Suddenly I don't even feel like doing a cut. If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best
>>
>>35792611
anyone got a link to yesterday's /fit/ book thread? It got archived and i had the tab open but my comp crashed. Would appreciate it if someone could post some of the images of good books to read.

Thanks brahs
>>
>>35792611
What should add/improve to my back training?
Doing DLs and barbell rows atm.
>>
>>35796592
Pull-ups obviously. But do them properly: From a deadhang (provided you have the prerequisite shoulder mobility) all the way up to having the middle of your chest touch the bar for a second while driving your elbows far back to almost touch eachother. That's hard as fuck to do, but you won't find a better back builder.
>>
>>35796517

I'm in the same boat, started at 240, currently at 206. I do add accessories. My gains are slow, probably about half of what they "should" be, but the way I look at it is this: Right now, for us fatties, cutting fat should take priority over all else. We can worry about gains later when we stop being fat.
>>
File: 1431730320152.jpg (74 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1431730320152.jpg
74 KB, 640x960
I recently moved to a new city and switched my home gym to my school's gym. I didn't have a normal 20kg bar at home, only a smaller ~5kg bar. I used to be able to load 106kg + bar and do rows with good form. Now at the school gym I did my sets with 85kg on the bar (so 105kg total) and it felt a lot heavier, even though it was supposed to be 6kg less. So today was my first time benching in the new gym and this time the weights felt LIGHTER than the same amount back home.

What sorcery is this?
>>
should I check for low test? been liftin for almosts 3 years now and I'm on a strength level some people reach after half a year
>>
>>35796591
anyone?
>>
>>35796648
How do i get a girl like the blonde girl in this picture to like me?
hey, its QTTDTOT after all
>>
>>35796651
maybe check if the problem lies in what youre actually doing , or not doing.
>>
>>35796737
elaborate
I do compunds, eat almost 100% clean, rest well don't really know what you mean
>>
Does it make sense to switch to canditos linear hypertrophy after 4-5 months of SS if my goal is aesthetics?
>>
>>35796783
If you strength is total crap after 3 years it means you've been fucking around on certain programs for a long time, making no gains without changing anything. And if so, that's on you.

That being said, individual differences are HUGE. You cannot really compare yourself to others. Instead compare yourself to where you were a couple of months ago. If things are moving in the right direction, keep going. If nothing's happened, figure out what you're doing wrong.

Do not, I repeat, do not start to blame stupid shit such as testosterone levels for your lack of progress. For one thing testosterone is highly overrated - there are so many other factors determining your results. Secondly, and more importantly, focus on factors that you can actually control rather than finding excuses. As long as you wake up with morning wood, don't worry about your test levels.
>>
So I used to be decently /fit/ and quite disciplined but recently (as in the past year or so) due to starting my career and moving around I've lost that completely.

I want to start eating right again, but I'm living on my own now and I have no idea how to cook and shit, so it's been pretty intimidating.

Anyone have like an SS for starting to eat/cook /fit/?

Also I need to start lifting again, any advice on how much weight to start at for maximum re-progress?
>>
>>35796734
alcohol and cocaine
>>
>>35792611
At 5'9/5'10 how much should I aim to weigh if I want to be 12% bf?
>>
File: 1454011278389.jpg (70 KB, 800x495) Image search: [Google]
1454011278389.jpg
70 KB, 800x495
9% body fat at around 120 pounds 6'3" hellllppp mmmmmeeeEEEEEEEEEEEE CANT WAKE UP
Poor as well no monies for a lot of food am i just fucked?
>>
>>35796990
Pls respond
>>
>>35792611
what is love?
>>
>>35797100
An illusion
>>
>>35796990
Try dried rice/beans/chickpeas

Once cooked there is a ton of calories for very little money.

Also potatoes are usually cheap as hell, decently calorie dense.

Port Shoulder slow cooked, can usually get one under $1 per pound, make some good pulled pork.
>>
>>35796990
GOMAD
>>
can anybody reccomend any good bulking and cutting recipe books?
>>
>>35796960
To be used on me or her?
>>
>>35796990
Definitely bait. I was 6'4 6% bf, and weighed 155 and I was skinny as fuck.
>>
>>35796990
stop spending all your money on weed, or meth or whatever your smoking and you should have enough to bulk no problem.
>>
>>35794057
https://youtu.be/wIB_X2N6020
The power clean is really easy and actually doesn't put quite a lot of stress on your back.
You should definetly do a arm exercise, like chin ups
if you need a routine ask trappy
>>>35795985
>>
will losing weight make my strech marks less visible?
>>
>>35796978
>35796978
>>35796978
>>35796978
>>35796978
anyone?
>>
>>35794076
both is bad, not sleeping before the gym will make interfer with your exercises. Not sleeping during resttime will make you not rest enough, thus maybe failing on your next gym day.
But there is "nothing" to regenerate from, if your gym day isn't done properly, this leaves the rest day less important
>>
>>35797267
Both you and her do it.
>>
>>35797460
Ok, few more questions
How do i find a girl like this?
How do i make her ingest the specific items?
>>
>>35797368
Yes

>>35797369
What is your BF% and weight right now?
>>
>>35797498
>Go to club already drunk
>go to washroom and do coke
>dance
>find girl that's wasted as fuck
>talk to her
You can kind of guess which girls do coke, but you have to lead the conversation towards it, don't just walk up and say "hey do you want to do some coke?".
And one girls are really drunk and on coke, they lose all inhibitions and they just want to fuck.
>>
>>35797581
"and when* girl's" i mean.
>>
>>35797581
Interesting...very interesting
Ill be trying this out soon enough, just gotta find a good place to go out to and scout
>>
File: 20150307_135901.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150307_135901.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Need some help here

I started to lift half way after my 18th birthday. When I started I was around 6'1 at 130lbs (186cm, 59kg) and weak. I casually lifted for the next year eventually reaching nearly 180lbs at 6'1 (81kg, 186cm). But then I made some huge decisions in my life and my lifting came to an abrupt end half way after my 19th birthday. I moved across the world by myself and have been living on a tight budget ever since then.

I haven't touched a weight in half a year and have been eating tremendously less than I had been. It is now 1 month after my 20th birthday and I am back to around 130lbs and weak. Every time I look into a mirror I am disgusted with myself and I can't take it anymore. And that brings me here with a few thoughts.

So to tl;dr it up for you
>be 6'1 and 130lbs
>lift, eat more
>be 6'1 and 180lbs
>stop lifting, stop eating, no monies
>back to 6'1 and 130lbs

If I begin lifting again will it be like starting from scratch or will my gains be exponentially faster than say for a beginner? Any info I should know of? Any tips on what I can or should do?
>>
>>35797661
it helps if you're moderately attractive though.
>>
>>35792611
Can I get a carrier chest rig or something similar, fill all the pouches with lead weights and just passively work out?
>>
I asked in the other QTDDTOTT and its mega slow, anyways.
Sometimes I do one set one workout with added weight, then two, then three at the end of the week and repeat.
How badly will this affect my progress and gains compared to increasing weight and lifting three sets every workout?
>>
Been on SS for 2 months and now I'm getting gassed on squats, is there anything I can do about this? I can pump out the first 5 then rest 5 but it's up in the air whether or not I can get 5 on the next 2 sets even after all that rest time. I'm huffing and puffing after the first set and even when I pause at the top of the squat to get some extra breathing in just holding the bar at the top of the squat feels taxing.

Squat progression has slowed down due to this. Typically I don't get the new work weight in the first attempt but I can make it on the 2nd or 3rd. Though honestly all of my progression has slowed to that rate
>>
>>35797753
You gained too much anyways 50 lbs in a year? Half of that is guaranteed fat. Aim for a gain of a kilo a month if you're natty, your body can only put on a half lb of muscle a week under IDEAL conditions as a natty.
Don't worry about the progress loss, just get back into it. Muscle memory will return in about half the time it took you to get there.
>>
>>35792611
if I'm lifting 3 days a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, what should I do on Saturday and Sunday? Any suggestions?
>>
>>35796252
>>35796252
>>35796252
>>35796252
bumping question
>>
Question:
Does the bar on a standard smith machine weigh 45 lbs?
>>
>>35797548
>What is your BF% and weight right now?
about 19-20% at 149lb
>>
Do olympic weightlifters dive bomb squats? Also, how do I utilize the stretch reflex more on a high bar squat,I have squat shoes.
>>
My arms are lagging. Would it be better to only work out arms once/twice a week for a little while as opposed to full body? The way I picture it, more of the food I eat will be directed to making my arms bigger this way. Is this correct or am I retarded?
>>
>>35797770
i am, atleast not butt ugly
Poblem is the ratio between guys and girls is like 100-1
>>
>>35796634
Dude thanks for the motivation, good to hear your success so far, it gives me hope
>>
I've got pretty bad doms from last night and the day before, should I keep working out or wait until I recover.
>>
File: weightData.png (23 KB, 1224x613) Image search: [Google]
weightData.png
23 KB, 1224x613
why haven't I been able to gain any weight? I'm a skeleton (108.8 lb) and I eat 2500 Calories a day but haven't really changed in physique in years.
>>
>>35792802
post pics.
in a similar sit. just want to compare
>>
>>35798263
If you're fit and have a decent face, you can put yourself above about half of the guys. If you're tall that also helps, girls are always telling me they love how tall I am. But it's not mostly just a bonus for girls, don't fall for the manlet meme it's BS, my friend who is 5'6 gets a lot of pussy. Also smell good, dress well, smile, and don't be afraid to compliment girls, they love it.
>>
>>35798458
fuck i meant "it's mostly just a bonus" not "it's not mostly"
>>
>>35798359
Try eating more retard.
Like really, after YEARS of no changes you didn't do something differently? It's very simply, if you're not gaining, you're not eating enough.
Up your daily intake by 100 calories per week until you're gaining .5 to 1 lb a week.
>>
>>35798458
Alright, ill get on it
So far being fit has actually made me worse off in the dating scene...somehow but i figure im doing something wrong
>>
What does it mean if my nipples (on fatguy manboobs) feel like they're buzzing or burning after a work out? Does it mean I'm actually burning fat in them?
>>
So here is the deal, ran out of money
so can i feed myself with just canned sardines, eggs and cottage cheese til the next month while maintaingy my cut?
>>
>>35798539
The guys chart is only for this month
>>
What multivitamin is best?
>>
File: Snapchat-3794675849094471715-1.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1815) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3794675849094471715-1.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1815
Can I get a body fat estimate?
>>
>>35798639
Just get one a day
>>
>>35798601
In his post he mentions how his physique has not changed for years.
My advice is the same regardless of your nitpicking.
>>
Going to Hanover, Germany at end of Feb for few days, don't speak German, well, very bare basics like hello, and I need to find a gym for one day, with a power rack and barbells. I've searched online, but the only one I've found is a pay monthly thing. Wat do? I'd rather not spend 15 euros for a day of lifting.

I don't suppose anybody on here is German, who knows Hanover, and can recommend a good gym?
>>
>>35797870
Suck some bbc
>>
>>35798720
Also, it's a lump sum of 29 euros just to activate the gym card.
>>
>>35798542
How the fuck could it be worse, unless you've been bulking for 2 years.
>>
>Best friend wants to get into lifting after seeing my progress and wanting to improve himself
>Offer him a discount at my gym and to go with him 3 times a week
>"nah anon. Friend X has his own home gym with everything there. And it'll be more fun than an actual gym."
Should I just leave him to it? I know he is either gonna quit it or fuck himself up.
>>
Do cops stalk you if you are on probation?
>>
>>35794030
I'm a different person than >>35794012 and I wanted to mention that literally nobody worth taking advice from will ever describe their stats the same way you did. Always use total weight to describe lifted amount.
>>
Is having 2 scoops of whey every day bad?
>>
>>35794364
Condiments are the worst part of a sandwich. They provide pretty much nothing for you while only making it unhealthy. I'd rather eat shitty meat without condiments than tuna with mayo. Don't be fooled into thinking light mayo is remotely healthy.
>>
>>35799059
Mayo is just oil and eggs, mate. If it fits your macros it's fine, quit being a sperg.
>>
tfw I ate too much today so I can't eat until tomorrow.
>>
Should I be taking longer to rest on a deficit then on a bulk? Would it not take longer to recover with a restriction of calories?
>>
>>35799059
What is mustard, what is sriracha. Do you even like flavor with virtually zero calories?
>>
>>35792882
plz
>>
>>35797961
>>35797961
>>35797961
>>35797961
>>35797961
bump question
>>
is it ok to do back and shoulders in the same workout? also deadlifting on back or leg day
>>
Will someone explain the differences between animal and plant based proteins if there are any?
>>
>>35799541
You get animal based proteins from animals and plant based proteins from plants.
>>
>>35799602
Oh you.
>>
Can I do front squats instead of back squats on normal ass 5x5 program. I feel like back squats are just not suitable for me (lanklet with humurs long enough to play baseball with)
>>
I accidentally my bulking, and put on 6kg in a month.

Should I keep bulking, but at a much reduced weight, or cut my losses and lose the fat now?

I'm 180cm - 5'11, and went from 76kg, to 82kg. So far I've knocked off a kilo, but I'm not sure if I should keep at it.
>>
>>35799699

Front squats are going to be worse in your position.
>>
>>35793847
Before:
deadlift 20kg
squat: 10kg
ohp: couldnt get the bar up
bench: 5kg
after 10 months:
deadlift 110 kg
squat: 85 kg
ohp: 50kg
bench: 75 kg
>>
File: isopurewpi.thumb.png (58 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
isopurewpi.thumb.png
58 KB, 320x320
Anyone use this shit?

The price per gram of protein is actually lower than ON Gold.
>>
>have bad tricep tendonitis
>go to doc
>take meds he gives me and do everything he says
>tendonitis starts going away
>get pain from elbow down the side of my pinky today

Just as 1 thing goes away, another shows up. What the shit did I do to myself this time?
>>
>>35792657
You're not doing Starting Strength. You are doing some made up bullshit with a lot of compound lifts.
>>
Will doing some basic bodyweight exercise hurt my recovery if I am doing them on "off" days. For example, say I lift MWF, would doing bodyweight stuff on T/Th (maybe Saturday, but likely just twice a week) really impact my recovery time?

Obviously there are a few groups I might limit on targeting for bodyweight exercises (such as lowerback) since they tend to recover more slowly.

Or should I just go for it and judge my own progress in the gym?

PS. I am talking about a relatively short session of bodyweight exercies, likely 30-45 minutes top (after warmup).
>>
File: 1449423671566.jpg (59 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1449423671566.jpg
59 KB, 720x720
I'm 5'9 1/2 and I weigh 149lb
I'm 19-20% bf
What should my weight or bmi be at 12% (10-12%)?
>>
>>35800024
These aren't exact because all these numbers assume to get to the desired weight you lose no muscle mass only fat, so they will be a best guesstimation...

Assuming your currently 19%
@10% you would be 132.8 lbs (BMI: 19.6)
@12% you would be 135.2 lbs (BMI: 20.0)

Assuming your currently 20%
@10% you would be 131.1 lbs (BMI: 19.4)
@12% you would be 133.5 lbs (BMI: 19.7)
>>
How quick does loose skin happen?

Will I wake up and look like a flying squirrel or will there be a period of time where I can see it happen?
>>
>>35799806
But i actually fill far more confortable doing front squats and I am almost as strong.
>>
The scooby calorie counter from the sticky is telling me to eat 4k calories for a clean bulk but that seems absolutely insane. Do I really need to eat that much or is it being overly generous?

Currently at about 180lb, 6'1, and I work out for like 8h a week +3-4 h of cardio.

Used to be a fat-ass a few years ago so I'm pretty paranoid about putting on a bunch of fat with the muscle now that I finally got kinda lean.
>>
Shoulder hurts from dips ? or something from last night. I didn't go to the gym today.. Am I a copout failiure or should I take recovery breaks during the week . I've been lifting since sunday. Also had a late lunch today and think i am catching a cold.
>>
>>35800202

Because you squat high.

If you can't be upright enough to backsquat comfortably, you're utterly boned at being mobile enough to front squat to depth properly. If you had the mobility, you could use it for back squatting and be properly upright.
>>
>>35800232
>Shoulder hurts from dips
Dips can work the shoulders.
>should I take recovery breaks during the week
working out every day is bad for 99% of people. Unless you're Mr. Piano rest days are good (if they're part of your program).
>>
>>35798666
No one??
>>
>>35800232
Your rotator cuffs could be weak.

You could be going past 90 degrees while dipping.

You could be a pussy.

It could be any and all of these. Judge yourself.
>>
File: Kim_Il_Sung_Portrait-2.jpg (105 KB, 600x758) Image search: [Google]
Kim_Il_Sung_Portrait-2.jpg
105 KB, 600x758
>gomad
>8 oz of peanut butter
>plus regular eating habits
Why am I losing fat fit? My lifts are going up.
>>
Been doing AxAxAxx as I'm just starting out. it's not the greatest routine but it feels good.

My question is today I woke up feeling really sick (maybe stomach flu) and I'm not sure if I should still work out tomorrow, just do what I can, or skip entirely? I feel so drained it's insane.
>>
>>35800604
I went deep on one side.. I also felt it while benching later.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.