[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
30+ years old thread only, no young fags! Anon, why are you still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9
File: 1431964432685.jpg (523 KB, 1228x1600) Image search: [Google]
1431964432685.jpg
523 KB, 1228x1600
30+ years old thread only, no young fags! Anon, why are you still here? And tell us about your gf.
>>
I'm still here because like 10+ years ago i got a job that makes me sit all day. I picked up drinking pretty quickly and am just now (at 33) starting to try to get it under control.. If I could do that then losing the 50+ lbs. it put on me should be easy. been with my gf for 10 years or so. she's great. cooks really well, good body (somewhat skinnyfat girl though, but only by like 5lbs.)
>>
>>35769564
wow if I still browse this when I'm over 30 i'd just kill myself.
>>
>>35769836
>I would kill myself for doing something I'm doing just now but being slightly older

At least you'd prove darwins theory
>>
40+ master race reporting.

My gf of five years left me about four months ago. So I guess that's when I decided to get /fit/. Dropped 30 pounds already with the magic of keto, 20 more to go before I'm back down to my "fighting weight".
>>
>>35769776
Thank you anon. The rest of you lurkers get in here plox
>>
33 year old master race here. Been married 10 years and we have a 1 year old lil girl. Life is good comrades.
>>
wow im 18 and yall are like fucking skeletons at this point

why do you guys even bother lifing? your glory days are over and you'll never have a fresh tight body in your teens to fuck college chicks and teens
>>
>>35769933
fool, 30s are the best decade of your life
>>
>>35769836
Ha ha ha! You'll still be here when you're in your 30s.

Don't forget, you're here forever.
>>
>>35769933
so we can fuck your mom while youre at school playing during recess
>>
>>35769857
Angry old man detected

Try explaining to your coworkers you browse a site dedicated to teenagers and their abnormal obsession with anime (explain anime too, normal adults don't know what it is)
>>
Im a young faggot but how are the lifts, wizards? Are ye fuarking making it?
>>
File: 1356281133549.jpg (24 KB, 516x470) Image search: [Google]
1356281133549.jpg
24 KB, 516x470
>>35770027
Yea, 23 year old qt 3,14 with an Oxford degree told me I am The biggest guy™. Was nice, even if I Contanzaed a little.
>>
>>35769990
Whatever helps you feel better about yourself
>>
File: 1453397409082.jpg (83 KB, 589x570) Image search: [Google]
1453397409082.jpg
83 KB, 589x570
>>35770106
Good shit breh
>>
>>35769990
This premise of this site has always been dedicated to anime. (not teenagers specifically... it's you teenagers that have jumped on OUR Chan bandwagon) Everyone knows what anime is, its not a new thing.
Ask your parents if they know: Astro Boy (1950s), Megaman (1980s), Hello Kitty (1980s), Pokémon (1990s), etc...

This site has been around for us since I was in my early 20s, there were many younger folks on here who are now getting older as time goes by.

It'll happen to you.
>>
File: devilish.jpg (24 KB, 400x255) Image search: [Google]
devilish.jpg
24 KB, 400x255
>21
>posting in this thread
>>
>>35769564
My joints hurt and I've been here since the somethingawful days. You're here forever.

>gf

I'm a 31 year old that browses 4chan.
>>
File: mmmm...guy.gif (493 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
mmmm...guy.gif
493 KB, 500x258
I'm about to turn 30 in a few months. How do I deal with the nagging feeling that I've wasted my youth and am destined to be an embarrassing failure for the rest of my life?
>>
>>35771279
well, if you're like me, you'd just drink and smoke
but don't do that. just don't dwell on it
try to find that motivation to never be bored.
always try to strive to do something.
for example, i usually get home from work/gym and just crash and go on my computer until bed. im trying to get out of that habit and read/learn music/new language/etc.. anything thats more brain stimulating than going on 4chan or playing video games. getting into those habits would/will probably reflect at work/ on my mental happiness/etc..
don't dwell on the past, look towards the future and think of how good it will be in a physically fit vehicle
>>
This thread needs to add baby gym advice. I try to bench press her, but she is so squirmy.

31 6'1 190lbs Moved over to 4chan when 5chan died.
>>
>>35769564
better shape of my life

married to skinnyfat old-style waifu (cooks, clean, raise children, you name it)
>>
>>35770417
Also back in the day, youngfags got legit bans. 4chan was never for teens.
>>
>>35769899
>have a 1 year old lil girl
Pics?
>>
>>35769564
I fucking love that picture.
>>
>>35771479

They still do, just yesterday an underage got a public ban on here.
>>
>>35769961
Which pisses me off: 39 in March, the decade of glory soon to be irretrievably past...

...at least I fucked some hot bitches...
>>
Youngsters ITT
believe they have it made in their teens/twenties with no money, living with mommy and daddy, chasing girls that want older men lul

30s are the best years of man.
>>
>>35769836

oh you little baby

are you under the illusion that you wont use your PC for your entertainment anymore when you are over 30?

i have bad news for you
>>
>>35769836
i started browsing /fit/ when i was 30
>>
Fellow old men
My left knee hurts. Always. Everyday
Only lifting makes the pain go away.

Similar stories?
>>
46 here. Always been active but skinny. Started climbing around 32, plateaued & wanted to push through. Found the sticky. Put a routine together with the help of you dipwads. Did my first legit bulk-and-cut 3 years ago. Hard work but doubled my max lifts, ran my fastest marathon ever that spring, and struggled up my first 5.12- that summer. Been hooked ever since.

Thanks, /fit.
>>
File: 1453722551014.jpg (60 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
1453722551014.jpg
60 KB, 600x593
i'm 29 and have been on 4chan since i was 20.. fuck.

anyway, i've always liked lifting, it's one of my favorite hobbies and i only have a few friends who do it irl. 4chan is like my old friend :*)

ummmm as far as being old and ugly i'm in better shape now than i've ever been and i feel 100000% more secure with myself. you learn wisdom and stuff as you get onlder and things seem a lot more petty, like when i see people posting things about getting rejected or wondering if some girl likes them i just think its silly and cute

anyway you can't stop time, you can only reverse aging by fasting and taking specific supplements and having a certain diet so who cares, everyone young who makes fun of you will be old soon enough
>>
>>35769564
32 y/o femanon, married, no children, working in IT. Been on and off here for 7 years. I don't need any more /fit/ knowledge, I just check it out of habit once a day for FPS and sometimes food threads and whatever caught my attention at a catalog glance.
After /fit/ I check /biz/ and then bugger off to play LoL or Hearthstone (judge if you want, I don't care).
>And tell us about your gf
My husband is a good looking dyel, very laid back and easy to live with, has gaming addiction.
>>
>>35772113
I fell hard at the skate park (lol 33 old man still skating) twice on my knee about a year ago..cant squat or else its fucked for weeks... deads are ok though
>>
29 yr old here. On the cusp of senility as it were, i'll be 30 in June.

I have been dating Chelsea for about 7 years off and mostly on. We're kinda broken up right now, she's turning 27 and having the 20's version of midlife crisis.

i think i'm just gonna wait her out and get her back on the rent with me lol

plus ever since she left her pussy has attained legendary status somehow and now i'm pretty convinced i'll see god if we ever smash again.
>>
>>35772241
You'll be divorced before 40
>>
>>35772142
I don't trust people that can climb 5.12s it's just not natural. Proud 5.10- right here
>>
32 checking in. Getting divorced so I finally have motivation to lift. Feels good (the lifting, not the divorce).
>>
>>35772215
i am 26 myself. i can not understand why you are feeling "old" at 29 man. You are still young as fuck. Enjoy your life man
>>
>>35772292
Possibly. Relationships should never be taken for granted, we nearly split up at the 3-year mark and have been working really hard to reach a great place, however if we don't both put in effort the inertia drags us again. It's something I am acutely aware of, and do my part to make it work every day. I hope for the best.
Marriage is bloody hard work and commitment, and people who have a wandering eye and like flirting and attention should not attempt it
>>
34 here. Wife and three kids. Stay at home dad. Gym 5-6 days a week while oldest is in school. Gym has child care. Found this place a couple years ago. Mostly lurk, ask couple of questions here and there. Good place for both info and bullshit. Just have to be able to tell which is which.
>>
>>35772335
You will when you get there. It's not that you feel old, it's that you realize that the turbulence that was your teens and 20's is going to be behind you. You don't end your 20's even remotely the same person you where when you entered them. That and if you think back to when you where in your teens and how fucking old a 30 year old seemed, you'll realize that's how those kids see you know.
>>
>>35772360
basically 27 tho. doubt 2 years will turn me upside down. But i will keep your words in mind. Have a lot of friends who are 31 - 33 and they still clubbing a lot. I like that, stay young at heart.
>>
32 here. Gained a shit ton of weight around 23 to 27, fucking drinking every night then scarfing 24 hour fast food at 4 am fucked my body. Finally trying to fix the damage.

Married, wife got a huge ass, in the high test pawg kind of way. Just tryin to maike gainz and get big for myself. We'll all make it...eventually.
>>
>>35772343
This is why I like being single. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up married soon.
>>
>>35772360
Dude its fucking rough. Im a kid at heart and always down to party but i have to remember that as a 32 y/o, young to mid 20-somethings think im an old fuck.
>>
30 here. Like my job aside from getting up early, intend to pursue it as a career so I'm doing my degree while working. Live with gf. Bretty gud all in all.
>>
>>35772415
How old are you? I think there are two crucial things:
1) You knowing yourself - you have to be sure you wish to share your life with someone and will be able to brush temptations easily, and work at it when things get tough (because they will). You just can't make marriage work with the Tinder mentality that something better might come around the corner soon

2) The woman. Bitches be crazy... even the exceptionally smart, down to earth ones. If you two are unable to have an honest conversation without her flipping her shit and getting defensive, it's gonna be tough

And ofc a big list of important items you have to agree on: kids, careers, money, spending, household rules - eating, exercising, cleaning etc
>>
>>35772504
>Tinder mentality
Not the anon to whom you're responding my I've been with my gf since before Tinder was a thing so good times.
>>
File: btsm2.jpg (71 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
btsm2.jpg
71 KB, 960x960
>>35769564
>33 yo master race reporting for duty. Been lifting 6 years now. Women from ages 18-30 are my primary targets. Been dating one a while, but am considering something younger. Honestly lads at this point it's all to easy. Money, body, car, home situation. Everything is godmode just over 30. I know the bodily degredation is sure to ensue but hasn't yet, and I met guys at Average Broz gym that were in their 40s way more ripped than I am so the dream is still alive. Lift long and prosper bros. Also, watchout with them Latina girls. They crazay
>>
>>35772504
I'm 34. I've grown accustomed to myself and doing things according to my schedule, for me, and not for someone else. Kind of selfish, but nice. Dating is okay, I definitely don't do it tinder style (don't even have it). I honestly don't date much because I don't feel like it.
>>
>>35772734
>own accustomed to myself and doing things according to my schedule, for me, and not for someone else. Kind of selfish, but nice. Dating is okay, I definitely don't do it tinder style (don't even have it). I honestly don't date much because I don't feel like it.

NEET. Honestly at 33 I'm starting to feel that way. I've had constant girlfriends on and off feels like half my life. While I love being able to fuck a girls mouth whenever I absolutely feel like it I almost believe that just being able to have the dishes go in the fucking dishwasher immediately after use without fail may actually be nicer. Women are fucking messy, and they occupy a shit ton of your time.
>>
>>35772664
It's the whole throwaway culture that's settling into our relationships too. I call it The Sock Theory (patent pending) - society is so spoiled at the moment, as soon as something is slightly snagged/not up to scratch/broken, we immediately discard it and buy a replacement.
Before people used to own little, take great care of their possessions, maintain them in good condition, repair, and most importantly, value.

When you get a tiny hole in your sock, do you take a thread and a needle and mend it or do you throw the pair away?

So this culture bleeds in everywhere, we possess a lot and value very little. Prime example >>35772707, all his "relationships" are socks that last until a tiny hole appears.
>>
>>35772394
>Have a lot of friends who are 31 - 33 and they still clubbing a lot. I like that, stay young at heart.
Dude, not him, but I've got 45yo friends clubbing and partying too (35 myself). But guess what, from my own experience they're not doing it because they're young at heart but because they hold for the adolescent easy life as long as they can. At the bottom there's fear and desperation.
>>
>>35772782
to be fair i think he wants those socks because of those tiny holes
>>
>>35772780
Are you calling me a NEET?
>>
>>35772734
>>35772780
I am set in my ways too and like things done in my way, but when we meet a person we want in our lives for the future, we have to meet them halfway.
I keep reminding myself not to blow my lid off over my husband not doing the damn dishes and spending the night raiding instead, because I love that goddamn moron, and it's ok that he doesn't share in my OCD about a clean kitchen.
Solution - we hired a cleaner...
>>
File: 1448041151858.jpg (242 KB, 845x1036) Image search: [Google]
1448041151858.jpg
242 KB, 845x1036
>>35771655
will laren is the artist and he is a god
>>
>>35772782
I like your theory -patent pending-.

I think it's basically true.
>>
>>35769564
>wife of 5 years
>six figure income
>two beautiful kids

/fit/ is the last piece of the puzzle to finally make it.
>>
>>35772801
Of course they are holding on to their adolescent easy life. Why wouldn't they?

tbqh with you, you sound really bitter.
>>
>>35772782
I wear my socks until they literally dissolve away
>>
>tfw you were lied to your entire youth about how great life is and how open the world is going to be when you're older but now that you're 30 you're old enough to realize it was just a grand delusion to give your parent's life meaning and you were just a part to play in their masquerade to save them from the soul crushing reality that life is pointless and nothing interesting ever happens
>>
>>35772986
You sound like a cynical undergrad.
>>
>>35772986
>a grand delusion to give your parent's life meaning
you should never been born.
happy now?
>>
>be 34
>some 21-year old qt3.14 wants to date
>tfw it's not worth all the hassle
>tfw you're DYEL and still weak as fuck
>>
About to hit 30 this year. Started only taking my fitness serious about 3 years ago. Went from 400+ to 255lbs. For some reason I've never had an issue with getting girls. Been on 4 Chan since 2007, been with my fiance for 6 years. She's 5'2 106lbs. I guess being 6'3 helps lol.
>>
>>35772833
This man is funny. I thank you for pointing me to him.
>>
>>35772113
Ayyy, I'm 37 years old ex fat, working on that mobility. Got a stiff left knee. I run two miles every morning and then stretch the fucker out properly for ten minutes with the resistance band.
>>
>Why are you still here?
Started coming to 4chan when I was in college, depressed, etc, to waste time. Then started using blue boards for information. Now have job, car, gf, gun, future plans and 4chan actually helped with all of that, so I still browse and try to give info back, even though I feel I'm outgrowing the place. A lot of the time my posts with valid info are ignored while people jump on the juiciest bait.

>gf
Loyal, beta as fuck, and holy shit is she honest. Got together with her after playing the guitar at a campfire for a whole night (which I learned last year cause I got the idea off a self-improvement thread on /fit/)
>>
>>35772782

Your theory is just materialism with a fancy name.
>>
>>35769836
Why wait? No time like the present.

Also, guess what dickhead - in 10 years you're likely to still like the same kind of shit you like now. You think you're just going to wake up one morning and have completely different interests because the tens digit of your age is a different integer?
>>
File: nicoleisthatyou.jpg (83 KB, 620x958) Image search: [Google]
nicoleisthatyou.jpg
83 KB, 620x958
>>35773088
>be 34
>slim cute & blonde 21 year old Scottish undergrad exchange student wants to fuck (pic eerily related)
>decide not to pursue due to being too busy and overworked during autumn
>she went home to Scotland, too late now, >regret it every day
At least I have gainz and Scooby
>>
>>35769564
>22, busted pecker, posting itt
>>
>>35774921
You know you fucked up when you decline sex with a chick whose thigh gap is bigger than your dick.
>>
>>35769564
>gf
Don't have one at

Seems like the sea full of fish I always here about has been dried up.

Literally most chicks around my age are married, have kids and ex husbands, or have serious issues.

And Tbh all three are huge turn offs to me. The last chick I was with a few months back was chubby and was an ex heroin junkie. Definantly not something I want to date long term. Plus she started bitching at me about trivial shit.

Girl before that had a little girl and she treated her like shit. She was always cunty, bitched and complained about everything. She also had herpes.

Girl before that was some nasty bar slut that I fucked but she's was disgusting tier.

It shitty because I get literally loads of ladies telling me I'm hot. I also get dudes telling me I must be getting ton of ass. Truth is I'm not getting shit because the good chick's are already taken.
>>
>>35774966
Fuck

I'm 24 and met this really amazing girl. She's 10/10 beautiful, hilarious and a overall kind of girl that doesn't drink or smoke or anything.

She's madly in love with me. Problem is, I'm not with her. I keep telling myself I'm gonna wait till I'm 30 before finally settling down. I just couldn't see myself giving up my party life and sloot banging ways just yet.

I think your post just changed my way of thinking. I don't want to be alone at 30
>>
31 yo wizard here. Finally stopped being a NEET, acquired aesthetics, a source of income and my own place. I'm not autismo anymore, but will I be able to get laid without the girl noticing my wizard status, or should I just pay for it to acquire experience?
>>
Guys, do you find your body fat % goes up as you get older. I exercise and eat properly and I still have belly fat. It's not fair. I wish I had an 18 year old body and a 30 year old brain.
>>
>>35775135
Wtf dude, just find a chick and make out with her and go from there. Don't think too much about it. Human nature has instinctual shit to bang chicks. If you have bad sex once just keep trying. When you're 30, girls aren't gonna leave you right away after a bad fuck, they're more understanding. Banging a slut won't make it any easier for you
>>
>>35769564
33 reporting. I'm still here because I like to shitpost between sets and before bed. Have a gf of 7 years and a 1 year old daughter.

Getting older isn't a death sentence, you youngfags. I earn good money, I have a home gym, I still drink and play vidya. Spending my 20s broke and getting shitfaced in clubs trying desperately to pick up sluts was, on reflection, no fun at all.
>>
>>35772351
sounds like the life breh. eat. lift. cardio from chasing kids around all day.

every feel insecure abt. bein a SAHDfag?
>>
Just turned 34 here. Mostly cardio & outdoor guy. I find I have more stamina the older I get, but of course little injuries are adding up. I'm still here for the humor threads mostly.

Married 8 years so far and my wife teaches dance/cardio classes and is in better shape at 35 than she was when she was 18. It's better than the opposite. I knew a bunch of guys in the Air Force who married hardbodied teenagers who blimped up by their second anniversary.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.