[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else have vaneers? Im thinking of grinding the rest of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 960x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 960x1000
Anyone else have vaneers? Im thinking of grinding the rest of my teeth down and getting perfect white teeth placed on them. My front two teeth are fake already and was wondering if anyone else had experience with vaneers.
>>
fucking americans and their stupid white teeth
you all look like clowns
>>
please tell me it's a joke.

Nobody should use veneers, it's discusting.
To me, seeing a mouth full of veneers is alike to looking at a women with so much plastic surgery her face is frozen and her lips look like they are gonna fall off.
They makes you look like a prick, teeth are not white to begin with.
>>
>>35767486

Go ahead and do it. But the example photo you show is a good example of why NOT to get veneers. The top smile is what normal healthy teeth look like (off white yellow).
>>
>>35767550
>>35767533
>>35767524
The fuck yall on about? I brush my teeth and look white like the pic, are yall England mongoloids who smoke a pack a day?
>>
>>35767486

Go ahead, those look good with abdo and peck implants !
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body/news/human-ken-doll-rodrigo-alves-gets-250k-worth-of-plastic-surgery-pics-2015301
>>
>>35767486
Trust me veneers are fucking disgusting.

Just get Invisalign braces if they're crooked and then whiten them once you're done.
>>
>>35767674

Is this one of /fit's autism opinions? like wtf
>>
>>35767634
It all depends on how thick is the layer of enamel, some people have it thinner others have it thicker

theoretically having thick enamel makes your teeth more healthy but it also makes them less aestethic
>>
>>35767674
this meme doesn't work. whitening doesn't work. if you want white teeth, and don't currently have them, you're going to have to get veneers.

Composite or Porcelain is the only question now
>>
>>35767524
>attractive clowns
just because you don't have white teeth, stop projecting onto other people who do.
buy veneers you faggot
>>
>>35767486
OP, if you're still here, how much did your two front teeth cost you?
And are you happy with the result?
>>
>>35767486
Veneers are quite magical. And quite sturdy with a 89% 9-year survival rate. And you can expect them to last atleast 20 years before one of them breaking but at this point they're probably no longer as pretty and you'll probably want them redone anyway,
This has to continue for as long as you want to keep your teeth as the tooth is permanently prepared for a veneer. But it might be worth it, 10/10 smile at 20 but frustrating as fuck at 60.

The thing is that unless your teeth are stained by a fuckton it's generally not worth it. Keep in mind that white straight teeth is not the norm, and in many hollywood cases not even naturally possible.

But hey, hand me $2k per tooth and I'll do it. Out of curiousity, could you post a pic of your teeth?

-I'm a Dentist
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26757327
>>
>>35767919
Whitening teeth doesen't require you to remove healthy enamel to make it work. Nothing we can do fuctions as good as healthy tooth substance which makes preparing an undamaged surface kinda controversial as the prognosis for the tooth would be reduce AKA you're actually inflicting damage.
With whitening you'll save money and in 10 years when the apearence of your teeth is no longer a major issue, you stop whitening them and save them the trauma.

>With that said go for porcelain or glass-ceramic. Don't do composite veneers for the love of god

-Dentist again
>>
>>35768332
Thank you dude.
I never really expect qualified dentists/doctors to be browsing 4chan, let alone /fit/

I fully understand the damage using veneers does, but I am aware, and moreso willing to deal with the consequences 10-20 years from now.

I'm 18. My teeth are shit, and the confidence porcelain veneers would give me, is honestly priceless. As you said previously, veneers are fairly long lasting, and I'd only have to change them every 8-10 years or so.
>>
Dentistbrah, help me out here.
If I got ugly fucking teeth (Years of neglect in my younger days), OKish aligned (Got one protruding like a boar fang in the lower part of my mouth), but all are worn down a bit, is there a point in me getting veneers or should I get a crown instead?
>>
>>35768409
The fixation on your teeth as the major factor for life unsatisfaction is abit unsettling. I would probably refuse treatment.
Keep in mind that if you start blaming other body parts(nose and chin are common ones) then you've probably got an underlying issue, the handling of which is out of my field of knowledge.

>But hey, your teeth might actually look fucked up

-D
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 586x231) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 586x231
>>35767946
Dont know parents paid for it

you can see how much whiter they look then regular off white teeth
>>
Once I fix my teeth; I'm going to have my jaw shaven down to get a perfect jaw and my nose fixed along with my eyelids.

I will become perfect so help me god.
>>
>>35768556
You have to be more specific of what your problem is. Is it 'ugly' teeth? Or not aliagned sufficiently? The boar tusk? The worn down teeth?
All? Whats your goal? Whats your recources? Age?
Veneers and crowns are for diffrent conditions.

Your teeth are probably fine, the cost to benefit ratio is too huge. Just keep them healthy and avoid further actual detoriation.
>>
File: 1453276466490.png (202 KB, 839x900) Image search: [Google]
1453276466490.png
202 KB, 839x900
>Americans shoot up schools if their teeth don't look like chiclets
>>
>>35768710
>being proud of having yellow teeth
>>
>>35768710
>crumpet fag detected
>>
>>35768581
Teeth darken with age, its due to pigments diffusing into to crystal structure of the enamel. Your veneers dont do this and thus retain their original shade while the rest darkens. This is easely countered by whitening. I advice to get a custom made mouthgard from your dentist and then you can use commersial whitening pastes in the future with proffessional results.

If I made veneers on any of your healthy teeth I would get investigated, and you could sue me and win, if the state regulatory department diden't already do it for you.
>>
>>35768682
I'm sorry. They are... Stained? More yellowish than off-white in colour. The tops are "serrated"ish, i.e. not anywhere near flat - In particular the lower four teeth. I assumed it was because they were worn down because of an old habit of drinking soda like water.
The protruding tooth doesn't really bother me, I just brought it up in hopes you might tell me if I'd need to get it aligned with the others or get it pulled if I were to undergo cosmetic treatment for my teeth.

>Goals
It might sound perverse, but the kind of Hollywood picture-perfect teeth with an unnatural white look - Think Rich Piana, and you get the idea.

I'm 23, going on 24. I won't say money isn't an issue, but when I take a quick gander at the price estimates here, I could easily see myself affording all my teeth done up with a year and a half or two of saving up for it.

I might add, I miraculously haven't had any real "big" issues with my teeth, aside from the cosmetic damage they've suffered - No cavities or fillings, no nothing but one of my wisdom teeth getting extracted.
>>
>>35768766
My front teeth were chipped due to a bar fight so I opted to get them done

>implying I would sue for having perfection
>>
Nope, but I did get my amalgams replaced with some plastics. Pretty cheap and a vast, vast visual improvement.
>>
>>35767723
It has little to do with the enamel. It's the colour of the pulp inside the enamel. The enamel can become stained tho.
>>
>>35768817
the serrated effect is normal ware.
Usually its enough with 6 veneers in the upper jaw, canine to canine. As that covers the vast majority of surfaces visible while smiling. The teeth in the lower jaw however is far frome asy to fix. Extraction of 2 premolars and bracers for years, probably necessary to do the same in the upper jaw and its to late for the treatment to effective.
The 6 veneers should be enough though. However, the hassle in the future wont be worth it
>>
On the topic of dental health, does /fit/ have any experience with fixing gap teeth? I have a 3-4mm gap in my front teeth and really, they are my only real insecurity.

Really feel like getting them sorted, people give me shit for it and I can see when people look at it, really fucks my mood up
>>
>>35768998
>too late for the treatment to be effective
Aw shucks.
Well, thanks for the help brah.
>>
>>35769133
dont listen to him

op here im 23 and got my teeth replaced

dont let dyel dentists keep you from achieving perfection
>>
>>35768989
Enamel is usually the culprit. Wine, coffee, tobacco are the most common discollorants. Your toothpaste includes silica and oxide particles to polish the surface removing most of the discoloration.
At older age the increased thickness of dentin is the reason you get yellow teeth.
The pulp is only relevant if its necrotic (the pulp and tooth becomes gray) or before the permanent teeth are fully developed but are erupted as the red-pink color will shine through
>>
>>35769133
>too late to be effective
>but possible
You would howeever be remitted to an orthodontist for that, so I won't speak for them. Keep in mind that we're talking year's with bracers in your 20s, and lifelong retainment of teeth by either a metal thread on the inside of your teeth that will detach all the time and you'll need to get it reatached at the dentists office, or a bi-nightly use of a palate plate retainer thingy.

>>35769071
3-4mm is pretty huge, like half the width of a tooth. It can have many causes and getting the correct diagnosis is crucial to deciding the correct treatment, something i wont be able to do over the internet.
However, treatments range from orthodontics, veneers/fillings that fill the gap, surgery or a combination.
It should be possible. might be harder if you have a generally wide room for your teeth. Sucked your thumb into your teens?
>>
I have this one tooth that died a couple of years ago and i got an infection inside my gums so i had to get surgery. As you can see my gums are really receded and the tooth just looks sick. I'm very self concious about this but i'm getting it replaced soon.
>>
>>35769904

lel
>>
>>35767674
This

Had Invisalign for a year, didn't even wear them in the day just to bed and they worked like a charm
>>
>>35767486
Anyone tried Crest Whitestrips? Seem to give interesting results without much effort
>>
>>35770076
do you paint your nails anon
>>
>>35770104
I'm a girl, so.. Yes, why not?
>>
File: enorton.jpg (59 KB, 606x400) Image search: [Google]
enorton.jpg
59 KB, 606x400
>>35768188
>Veneers are quite magical. And quite sturdy with a 89% 9-year survival rate. And you can expect them to last atleast 20 years before one of them breaking

why the fuck would i buy those? the ones i've already lasted me 20 years without breaking and i got them for free
>>
>>35770076
Yes, tried them.

Couldn't handle them for very long, they made my gums way too sensitive. Don't think my teeth got any whiter.
>>
>>35769904
What kind of surgery? With a scalpel?
Or a root canal treatment? If it wasn't opened with a drill then go get root canal done right away. The gray shade suggest the pulp being necrotic and shouldnt even be there if the tooth was treated properly.
But without X-ray, vitality test, percussion test i cant diagnose it. Anyway, treatment is simple. Surgery is plan C
>>
>>35770473

I had root canal treatment and then the "rest" of the root that remained in the tooth got infected so they drilled it open.

My doc told me the dark hue you see is actually the stuff they filled in after removing the root. For some reasen its dark blueish and not white like its supposed to be.
>>
File: teethstrips.jpg (50 KB, 556x412) Image search: [Google]
teethstrips.jpg
50 KB, 556x412
>>35770076
I have these. If I'm not mistaken, they're supposed to be the better ones of the bunch. Generally, you're supposed to use all twelve within a pretty fast amount of time, but I have a few left over and I'd be willing to do a quick before/after one strip set for ~an hour. I'll try to keep the lighting the same
Only one because I work at 2, and it's 11:45 right now
>>
File: Michelle K.jpg (71 KB, 688x1024) Image search: [Google]
Michelle K.jpg
71 KB, 688x1024
>>35767524
Yeah, so gross haha

woodnotbang
>>
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 814x1222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 814x1222
>>35767524
>>35767533
>>35767550
>>35768710
White teeth are so gross and haram haha!!!!

Silly amerikeks with their unrotten white teeth
>>
>>35770531
I think i'm puzzling it together. Since the first RCT failed he switched the filling material thats usually white-pink for another better material called MTA which is gray and this is what shines through.
MTA is rarely used in that large quantities though, shit is litterally worth more than gold. Bleaching the tooth from the inside will fix it.

Fun fact: MTA is litterally pavement cement with all the toxic shit removed. Patented and sold like it was gold
>>
File: Mack_P_19910715_25738224_0(1).jpg (582 KB, 1236x1616) Image search: [Google]
Mack_P_19910715_25738224_0(1).jpg
582 KB, 1236x1616
>>35770799

Hey man. Thanks for your insight. But i think replacement is inevetible, seeing how much of the bone is already missing cause of the infection. I will get bone augmentation first so the fake tooth will be stable.

pic related, xray that was taken a couple weeks ago
>>
>>35770836
Invasive cervical resorption
You don't see that every day. With that rough surface no way sufficient infection controll will be achived. I would pull the tooth right away and let the alveoli heal avoiding more boneloss.

Recommend a single implant as replacement
>>
>>35769350
No thumb sucking, I have a large bump in the gap that goes between my teeth. I forget what it's called but yeah, it kind of blocked my teeth as I grew.
>>
>>35771194

Yep thats exactly what i'm getting, i'm just dicking around with insurance at the moment so i don't have to pay several thousand euros.

My biggest fear is that my gums will receed even further and that the replacement will look unnatural and noticable. Do you have any experience in that regard?
>>
>>35770609
Monitoring this
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.