[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this little girl outlifts you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 16
File: shieet.jpg (180 KB, 899x899) Image search: [Google]
shieet.jpg
180 KB, 899x899
>this little girl outlifts you
>>
File: pistol-squat1.jpg (78 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
pistol-squat1.jpg
78 KB, 500x376
>>35749973
>>
like those 10 kilo plates
>>
>>35749973
go to a gym and do the same range of motion and you'll be laughed out
>>
>>35749973
i'd do her desu
>>
>>35749973
that grip.....
>>
That's about 177lbs. No she doesn't
>>
>>35750040
>177 lbs

you wish

more like 105.
>>
>>35749973
Kinda sad she has better form than most of the guys at my gym. It hurts to watch feet on the bench presses, shoulder impingement presses and guys having to lift their ass to get 2 plates up.
>>
>>35749973
>implying those are 45 lb pl8s
>>
>>35750115
And don't forget the partial rep and the cucaracha press
>>
>>35750693
i always do chest touch chest and up m8
>>
>>35750013
>being laughed out of a gym for performing the bench press safely and correctly
Interesting.
>>
>>35750804
no one cares about you idiot
>>
>>35750013
It's sad that this is real. In Eastern Europe most gyms are filled with former athletes or guys who used to do sports in the military. They turn the high-bar squat into a guillotine because they don't wear squat shoes and don't have the mobility to pull it off. They bounce the bar off their chest when benching, half-rep it, put their feet on the bench - everything dumb you can expect. If you start using an aggressive arch like I am doing because I have the flexibility to pull it off you will have to spend 10 min explaining why this is the correct way to do it. Also don't let them see you doing pause or competition time bench - that hurts their ego the most.
Thank fuck I found a good powerlifting gym, filled with autismos, lawyers and former oly lifters.
>>
dumb bitch has a ROM smaller than my dick and that's saying something ok
>>
>>35752695
She is powerlifter, not a bodybuilder. If you want to get strong, work on your technique.
>>
>>35752720
her technique sucks shit
ROM is important for strength
if you're only pushing the bar 3cm, then you're not making a huge difference on the muscle fibres you have, and even if you do 10000 reps of 3cm 2pl8, you've isolated muscles, whereas bench pressing is a compound exercise
>>
>>35752720
Powerlifting is a sport about min-maxing the number. It's hard to properly define a rule for "okay you can only arch this amount", so PLers push it to the limit so long as they keep their ass on the bench. Meanwhile for building strength and size you want more range of motion.
>>
>>35752735
>her technique sucks shit
>competition-approved
>judges won't give her flack
Yeah bud whatever. It's dumb to put yourself in an inefficient position when trying to lift heavy weight. Either learn to arch like her or stop complaining.
>>
>>35752792
So basically what I said - she is doing it it because for her that's the optimal way to do it. If you are training for bodybuilding you shouldn't have an arch like this.
>>
>>35749973
I can lift more thatn 80 kg. Also, what's the point of using bumpers for bench
>>
>>35752668
>super arched back
>good form
Keep telling yourself that, all you are doing is shortening your range of motion
>powerlifters btfo
>>
>>35752800
>in an inefficient position when trying to lift heavy weight
why even lie down then, stand up on the bench and deadlift it, it's more efficient
>>
>>35752695
Her arch in pic is not even that big, what are you on about?
>>
>>35752825
Salty gym bro? You jelly that a tall lightweight twig is lifting more than you?
>>
>>35752844
That isnt lifting, thats jerking the bar. Learn how to contract a muscle then talk shit fat fuck
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enRx1X7dQRI
>>
>>35752861
>B-but muh muscle contraction
>you are fat
>Y-yeah
I am 195 cm/75 kg bruh, try again. Learn to train for your purposes than talk shit. If you are a powerlifter there is no reason not to arch your back. If you train for bodybuilding/aesthetics you shouldn't have an excessive arch.
>>
>it's another normies don't understand arching thread

Kek
She's actually got a pretty large rom as powerlifting goes too.

>adrien_poinson.webm
>>
>natty bodybuilding

All those arching powerlifters still end up with a lot more mass than the natty >aesthetic crew
>>
File: 1452829368087.jpg (236 KB, 691x625) Image search: [Google]
1452829368087.jpg
236 KB, 691x625
>>35752907
>calling other people on /fit/ "normies"
>>
>>35752914
>lifting heavy shit makes your muscles grow
Shocking, I know.
>>
>>35752861
What's the point of even arguing about this it's not like you'd bench more than any powerlifters if they benched normally
>>
>>35752935
isley up there can only bench like 100-110kg with a flat back and moderate grip
>>
>>35752935
Commercial gyms are cancer. He is afraid that if my crew and I come to lift there, the 30-something women that go there will give us more attention than him.
>>
>>35752923
Which is literally the point against all the >hurr durr no muscle activation with an arch
argument.

I guess you didn't realize the purpose of the post.
>>
>>35752958
Nah brah I did but this is something that must be drilled in for a lot of people. Next step is to teach them how to do pause benching. Baby steps.
>>
>>35752951
More like 120, but well - he is an exceptionally weak bencher.

Apply the same reduce to a decent 180kg bencher - can you outlift his non arched bench?
Nope, you can't, not even close.
>>
>>35752883
yes there is, to get the full range of motion. were you not listening to him? this might not be getting through to your head because you are undereating or a long dstance runner
>>
>>35752971
>120
>exceptionally weak bencher

wtf...

are all you people on steroids? i never seen someone bench 120kg in my whole LIFE! only online and i dont trust most of them

120kg seems an unreachable goal desu
>>
File: front jun 15.jpg (249 KB, 684x1199) Image search: [Google]
front jun 15.jpg
249 KB, 684x1199
>>35752825

what is proper scapula position
if you have no arch at all you aren't using your leverage properly and if you ever get to bench as heavy as I can (you wont because of your shit form) you'll hurt yourself eventually.

u mad I bench 295x5x5?

pic related me
>>
>>35752981
You are naming a purpose that itself is without meaningful purpose - don't you realize that?

You are probably the average casual dumb gym goer, maybe that's why it doesn't get through your head.
>>
>>35752981
You still going at this? Full ROM in powerlifting is benching without the judges giving you flack. Get it? If it is allowed in competition, you do it - there is no reason not to.
For bodybuilding you can do whatever as long as you grow.

>long dstance runner
I was doing rock-climbing bud but I switched to PL because I found lifting more fun than hanging from rocks all day.
>>
>>35752992

Here is a very simple guide to benching 120kg and likely more in your lifting career!

>1 : bench 1-4x weekly
>2 : focus on adding weight over time
>3 : don't get injured

give yourself between 1-10 years depending on genetics and you'll probably be benching more than 120kg.
>>
>>35752992
Nah bud it's reachable but you need patience. If you are serious start with Powerlifting To Win's novice program and when you get through the intermediate part go and train and get coached by real powerlifters. It takes time and patience that is all bud.
>>
>>35752998
no, i do not. you know for a fact that using a full rom in training has no purpose?

im not that guy, goya. whats wrong with entertaining the idea that an archless bench in training has no purpose? im sure if you look around there are some uses

how long have you been powerlifting for and stats? im thinking of doing rockclimbing and powerlfting and longdistance running so just wondering how your lifting is going
>>
>>35753008
>>35753041

second half is for you whoops
>>
>>35752992
He deadlifts 300kg, compared to his training experience his bench is weak and its known.

He is capable of around 142.5kg ATM, which still places him at the bottom of his weight class.

120kg bench should be a thing of a single year into proper training.
>>
File: pepe7.png (17 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
pepe7.png
17 KB, 418x359
>>35753056
>He deadlifts 300kg

his girlfriend doesn't count as a barbell
>>
>>35753041
Did you read the post I replied to before?

It literally said "bb do full rom, powerlifters do competition bench".

Yes, we know for sure that it has no purpose to go full rom in powerlifting as well as it is also not safe once weights get high.

That's all.
>>
>>35753064
At least he has one and had some before

>hurr durr trip on
>>
>ITT fatlifters defend their retarded sport
>>
>>35753069
>no purpose to go full rom in powerlifting
In the actual meet? No.

But increased ROM has a purpose in training, so dismissing it is unfair.
>>
>>35753049
>rockclimbing
This isn't something you decide to do out of the blue. Start with the artificial walls and see how you feel about it. It is also a very big drain on your money and a weekend of it was eating up 2/3 of my salary. I also work FT so it was also cutting into my career.

>>35753056
>120kg bench should be a thing of a single year into proper training.
Pretty much

1.5 in at 75 kg:
Squat: 180 kg
Bench: 130 kg
Deadlift: 210 kg
I will go in and compete at the end of the year to see how I stack up against strong people.
>>
>>35752992

I got my max to 120 within 18 months

It's not hard
>>
>>35753079
>increased ROM
Bud it's better to train your arch so you can increase it over time. Do pauses so you will have more control over the weight and you won't be weak off the boobs.
>>
>>35753109
why are you pulling things out your ass? ):
>>
>>35753109
lad, increased ROM can mean plenty of things, not just arching. feet up benching and close grip come to mind.

practicing the competition movement frequently is of course important, but doing the aforementioned shit concurrently will help you build more muscle and keep your shit healthy because it stretches the tendons and muscles more

it sounds like broscience, but you can see it quite frequently in the programming of experienced pling coaches
>>
File: bulk 195.jpg (72 KB, 714x428) Image search: [Google]
bulk 195.jpg
72 KB, 714x428
>>35753078

not a powerlifter and I am probably stronger AND look better than you
>>
>>35752996

Friendly reminder that it doesent matter how much your bench is if you look like utter shit lel
>>
>>35753079
No, it's not and no one does this.

Powerlifting training needs to be specific - it doesn't make sense to train for a movement that you aren't going to compete in.

Benching with an arch is a lot about technique, it takes skill and practices to build and keep an efficient arch, it takes practice and time to find the correct bar path and how to maintain it under weight and it takes time to learn all other undergoing cues.

Benching differently in training than in competition for a majority of the time would lead to shit results and is really stupid.
>>
>>35753115
You mean close variations of it? Any sane program will have you doing CG and incline. You are also comparing the programs of elite powerlifters to the average dork. Guess what's going to happen?
>>
>>35753118
He looks better than you kek
>>
>>35753118
Friendly reminder that we train for strength and not for the beach.
>>35753114
This guy >>35753128 explains it. To get an arch and to get good at a movement you need to be able to do it as often as possible.
>>
>>35753118

>utter shit
youre baiting but youre actually a faggot
I'm comfortable in my own skin and my own body so I post it. I look fine.

no other body pics in the thread though ya faggot
you're either fat or a skelly and you're probably weak

please prove me wrong
>>
>>35753115
Of course there are some variations that powerlift a do as accessoire.

But that's not worth mentioning

The "real shit" is competition style benching for at least 3 times a week - with an arch.
>>
>>35753135
average dorks become better lifters then, i see.
>>
>>35753154

>getting this defensive
>I'm comfortable in my own skin and my own body so I post it. I look fine.

pick only one and enjoy your second month at the gym shitlord.
>>
>>35753160
No they stay average because they never learn how to do the movements correctly. Raw lifters are weak off the chest. Explain to me the purpose of them doing board presses and endless sets of skullcrushers and tricep work when they could be doing pauses?
>>
>>35753166

dubs and waiting for your picture unsubstantiated claim child
>>
>>35753149
you are ignoring training a weakness in your muscles then if it means practicing competition more? if you are lacking in an area in your lift and a flat bench can assist it why would you not? albeit i dont know if flat bench would assist competition but it could help a weak part of someones lift, yes?
>>
>>35753128

A lot of PLers who bench with a high arch in competition will do a significant amount of their lifting in training with less/no arch. Not usually the heavy sets, because you do need to practice what you're doing to get it right, but often the rep work because its less stressful, more effective for overall mass and far less likely to cramp up your back trying to hold the arch for ten or twelve reps (and maybe some heavy work in the offseason will be done using a longer ROM variant, but not usually).
>>
File: staymad.jpg (208 KB, 492x663) Image search: [Google]
staymad.jpg
208 KB, 492x663
>>35753181

lmao why are you even trying?

pic related, how does it feel to know that i just won my 4th competition while you still try to convince people on a vietnamese cooking forum that you are convident in your shit "powerlifting" body kek

fuck off now
>>
>>35749973
She's also a fucking girl which means she can build no muscle at all
>>
>>35753188
You are still thinking of the Top 5% of powerlifters bud. For the first 2-3 years your focus should be on nailing down the competition form to perfection. I am not against doing curls or whatever but the majority of training should be on the main lifts.
>>
>>35752996
Reminder that benching 300lbs won't change anything if you still use a ghostbusters pyjama
>>
>>35753181
>>35753202

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>35753202
Jesus I can smell the gear from here
>>
>>35751167
Speak for yourself. Probably many people care because you're all judging random people in your gym who actually know a thing or two more than you guys.
>>
>>35753220

Interestingly enough, that tends to run counter to how a lot of longterm coaches like to train new lifters. To vastly oversimplify things, it goes from relatively low specificity (for beginners who need mass, gpp and general god damn physical awareness as much as they need specific form work) to higher (intermediates, who already have most of the mass they're going to get and need to refine that into bigger numbers) back to somewhat lower (as it becomes about squeezing out the last few technical improvements and fixing weak points, also somewhat skewed by this being the point that gear usually gets introduced which changes the lift selection again).
>>
>>35753202
>>35753228
>>35753221

we quality control
I usually get to btfo butthurt trolls but srs good job on the comp

you look good man you nat?
>>
>>35753202

>roids to achieve mediocre body
>boasts on 4chan because still to autistic to be the confident guy he always thought having a good body would make him

my sides lmao
>>
>>35753247

Nah man, im all natural natty vegan gluten free bodybuilder :^)

>lifting weights
>natty

for what purpose
>>
>>35753259
>>35753256
>natty
come on buddy if you're gonna be a fraud be open about it.
>>
>>35753177
>Explain to me the purpose of them doing board presses and endless sets of skullcrushers and tricep work

i'm not advocating any of that you fuck head

look at RAW NATURAL lifters that happen to be great benchers, guys like mike tuchscherer and bryce lewis

notice any thing about their programming? for almost ALL of the people they coach?

a healthy amount of variety, including pressing movements with a longer range of motion than a comp bench press like feet up bench, close grip, incline, db bench, etc etc

if you just comp bench day in and day out you're gonna get bored at best, imbalanced and under prepared at worst

fuck, i'd even say that most novices need more general exercises, not specificity. in almost every sport you see athletes build from GPP > SPP > sport specific practice over time
>>
>>35753220
You are talking about imaginary numbers and doing curls? At an intermediate to advanced level which is generally hit after 2 years yeah, but we were never talking about that. just the importance of assistnce for powerlifting, not curls. lol?

>>35753177
They get better at skullcrushers, bro. the average dork will improve anyways because he is dork. your arguememt is saying that well what if an idiot follows a pros plan? well then he will learn it is shit probs. but that isnt whay we are talking about. we are talking about flat back bench.

honestly, you guys really like to turn arguements into retarded strawmans
>>
File: IMG_3847646.jpg (116 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3847646.jpg
116 KB, 720x479
>>35753258

>mediocre
>wins competitions

this is the moment where you consider suicide or at least work on your shitposting skills
>>
>>35753270

>:^)

are you new? i was just shitposting, of course im not natty.
>>
>>35753280
post a pic of your balls if they haven't turned into ovaries and crawled inside you yet
>>
>>35753254
It doesn't or at least it didn't in my case. If you are referring to the Sheiko routines that float around the Internet, he has a lot of GPP because the guys that he made the routines for needed that GPP. I didn't need it because I was fairly fit when I began doing it.
For the intermediate and advance stages you are right. Most of the guys you see in the gym are intermediates or at least late novices. That's why I said they should be doing pauses. I have no business giving advice to advance lifters and I will never go on to say that I do.
>>
>>35753296

>having balls hanging lower than your balls
>making it

pick only one my natural jelly hater :^)
>>
>>35753280
Have you ever considered that you're arguing with a bunch of teenagers and people who lift for fun that actually have a job?

Or did you just assume that everyone is doing gay4pay to pay for their gear?
>>
>>35753314

>gay4pay

are you fucking dumb? You dont need to do gay4pay to pay for roids if you arent competing on olympia you delusional cuckold.

>tfw i work 40 hours a week in a office
>tfw after my roids i still have 80% of my money

keep trying
>>
>>35753323
wow you must make shit if roids eat up 20% of your money
>>
>>35753275
Yes they make them do close variations which I said that any sane program will have you do. GPP is important but a lot of American programs have you doing way too much GPP.

>>35753276
Your assistance work are your variations such as CG and incline. I think we can agree on this? All I am saying is that you don't need such a big focus on GPP which advance programs give you. If you are already on the advance stage you should be coached but that's another thing entirely.
>>
>>35753299

Not so much Sheiko in particular (although the generic novice one he has is kind of like that) so much as the coaches I've been around and all the purported developmental cycles leaked from various countries IPF squads and oly stuff (the veracity of which is, of course, disputable).

I'd dispute whether the average gym lifter is really an intermediate, but that's probably a definitional disagreement rather than anything else.
>>
>>35753303
>won't post pics of balls
>confirmed roider

Enjoy your ovaries and labia-sack fuccboi
>>
>>35753329

Your trying so hard its allmost sad.

>tfw it takes up 20% from my office money
>tfw i get paid to advertise useless shit on instagram and dyel cuckolds like you buy it
>>
>>35753323
>work 40 hours a week
>lose 8 of those hours to roids

Why?
>>
File: 1444694533071.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1444694533071.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>35753333
rekt n checked
>>
>>35749973
i dont like this feel at all
>>
>>35753330
What are you even talking about? Did you get the idea somewhere that i think assistance should be more heavilt focused than the lift somewhere?
>>
>>35749973

I'm laughing at you fuckwits, berating a girl lifting weights.

Are you that fucking insecure. It's a girls lifting iron,we need more girls lifting and getting in shape.

You stupid fucks,
>>
>>35753340
I don't know how you can sell when you can't even use English properly.
Make sure to swallow all that cum for the protein bro.
>>
>>35752735

how the fuck can you assess her technique from a photo you stupid bastard?
>>
>>35753332
I am from EE so I can shed some light on how we train for sports and competitive lifting.

>True beginner
This is Day 0 for the new kid. He is made to do GPP for the first month or so because his muscles and joints are not used to doing complex movements such as kicking, squatting, punching, etc. The GPP consists of running, calisthenics and technique work with the bar.

>Beginner
This is where you introduce a lot of specificity for the trainee. If you are a kickboxer you start doing kickboxing training, if you are a powerlifter you start being trained for powerlifting. Depending on the coach, you can have a lot of GPP - former armed forces guys will make you hate your life from it - or not so much.

>Intermediate
Trial by fire. If you have a blue belt you will start competing, if you are powerlifter you will start attending meets, specificity continues to get ramped up with GPP being toned down.

>Advanced
If you have reach this stage your program will become individualised and depending on that you can have a lot of GPP or none of it. I see guys who's GPP consists of doing nothing but endless sets of 15 reps for the big 3 while some have to do leg curls and extensions.

>Average gym goer
Yeah probably we don't know our definitions.
>>
File: whiteknight.gif (40 KB, 400x317) Image search: [Google]
whiteknight.gif
40 KB, 400x317
>>35753372
I'm getting contact euphoria
>>
>>35749973
Not trolling:

Is this even considered proper form? It's like she's basically using her legs to push against the weight.

If it is considered proper form, will I be laughed at for trying this in the gym tomorrow? Anyone use this?
>>
>>35753449
>Is this even considered proper form? It's like she's basically using her legs to push against the weight.
Yes

>If it is considered proper form, will I be laughed at for trying this in the gym tomorrow? Anyone use this?
Yes and you will have a reason to find a proper gym.
>>
>>35753449

Its proper form (although it may not be ideal form, depending on what you're trying to achieve)

You should generally be using your legs when benching heavy. For the stability if nothing else.
>>
>>35753202
FtM?

Just wondering cause you have no bulge and you obviously roid to have that body. Not negging, I'd still stick it in you if you have a vagoo, nahmsayin?
>>
>>35752951
>can only bench 100

For real? I can only bench 30kg atm but i thought we all have to start somewhere.
>>
>>35753458
>>35753463
Thanks, bros. I'll try it.
>>
>>35749973
175lb/80kg bench is pretty impressive on a girl even with that arch. respect.
>>
>>35753116

Nice 20% bf bruv

Put down the choc ices once in a while
>>
File: powerlifter bench press.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
powerlifter bench press.webm
2 MB, 640x640
>>35752800
>competition-approved

so is this, powerlifting feds are a joke
>>
>>35753790

If you can come up with a set of enforceable rules for bench ROM that are actually useable and won't fuck up every meet, we'd love to hear them.
>>
>>35753790
under 2 plaet weak ass bench detected
>>
>>35753790
If this is allowed why can't you also do it? Believe it or not, lifting the weight is the easier part - setting it up is harder.
>>
>>35753829

Elbow joint must bend to minimum 90 degrees.

Done.
>>
>>35753864

You do realise that the midget in the webm has about a 90 degree elbow bend at the bottom, right?
>>
>>35753829
humerus has to go parallel to ground just like femur goes parallel in the squat
Damn it was easy
>>
>>35753895

You do realise that's not actually the rule for squatting, right?

Also you just banned basically everyone in the top few weight classes from competing.
>>
>>35753893

Your internal protractor is way off, because to my eyes that is nowhere near 90.
>>
>>35753864
>>35753895
Here's a better solution - you two learn how to arch in stead of making a million other people conform to your "understanding" of lifting.
>>
>>35753829
lie down on a bench and press a barbell would be a good start
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 241x163) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 241x163
>>35753902

Well, maybe they shouldn't be so fucking fat
>>
>>35753908

>muh lolfed rules

kek, fuck off m80
>>
>>35753910

And you'll have about three guys competing, ever. Only a tiny minority of lifters can bench heavy with a flat back and not destroy their shoulders.
>>
>>35753902
It kind of is, but you measure it from shit you can actually see (hip crease) instead of Xraying the lifter at the bottom of the squat.
>>35753908
Sorry but I believe the bench press should be a showcase of upper body strength rather than one of spinal flexibility. I don't even compete bro.
>>
>>35753922
>I don't like winning
>I don't like being competitive
>It's in the rules but I don't like therefore it's bad
You sound like a spoiled brat. Those are the rules of the federations that most of us compete in. If you don't like them, make your own and use whatever rules you can come up with.
>>
>>35753931
Nobody cares about your beliefs or how you feel.
>I don't even compete bro.
Then your opinion on this means jack shit.
>>
>>35753935

Its also the rules of the IPF. Only difference between them and everyone else is they require heels flat rather than raised up. Which reduces the arching a bit but not that much, as one of the current womens record holders can attest given she basically can't settle the bar without touching.
>>
>>35749982
Pretty fucking impressive.
>>
>>35753951
>heels down
I think this is one of the few sane things that the IPF has done.
>>
>>35753944
>To have a rigth to an opinion, you have to compete
>To be competitive, you have to exaggerate the arch
>You compete because you like powerlifting in its current form
>It is higly probable that you therefore share the opinion that arching does not look like a retarded way of lifting
Therefore:
>If your opinion means anything, then it is that the arch is good
Thanks for your wisdom kind anon
>>
After all this discussion I still can't imagine that known PL couches have their athletes bench without their arch, even if it's only as accessoire.

Just don't make sense.

Accessoire such as dumbbell presses, incline, CGBP, sure.

But not straight out "don't arch bench press".

Source for explicitly that?
>>
>>35753968

Very few powerlifters actually use the super high arch. Its just not effective for most of us.
>>
>>35753973

Jen Thompson, for one record holder who did exactly that.
>>
>>35752996
>>35752668

>what is proper scapula position
It's just that. You don't need huge arch to do that, just slight. Huge arch is for pussies and shortening ROM.
>>
>>35753968
>To have a rigth to an opinion, you have to compete
I will give you a hint - when you are discussing competitive rules for anything you must have some experience of it. If you don't compete in powerlifting or don't aspire to compete in powerlifting you have no business telling powerlifters how they should train or execute their movements. At the end of the day the opinion of the judges holds more validity than yours.
>>
>>35753978
lol
>>
>>35753935

None of this makes the sport any less retarded.

>i like motor racing
>i think F1 is retarded
>F1's rules and regs has turned it into a bullshit parade with hardly any real racing

The bench press standards for PL just make the whole thing laughable. Trying to defend overarching is like trying to justify geared lifting.
>>
>>35752992
Don't listen to /fit 120kg bench is a very strong lift for an amateur lifter and most people wil indeed never achieve that and the ones that do are mostly on steroids. Only on /fit you hear utter bs like " yeah 1 years of dedicated training and you're set to go to bench 120 kg."
>>
>>35753993
He is correct - not everyone can pull off the arch in the webm.
>>
>>35753996
Then set up your own powerlifting federation. What's stopping you?

>>35753997
People on /fit/ don't get over a 1pl8 bench because they do SS/SL/PPL and not programs or training styles that are geared towards strength. 120 kg is achievable for 2 years tops if you know what you are doing.
>>
>>35754018

Depending on bodyweight and proportions, of course. If you're light or built like an orang-utan, its going to be a much rougher road to that number.
>>
>>35754035
Body proportions have nothing to do with reaching intermediate numbers. Your lifestyle and priorities will dictate the speed of progression. That's why I said 2 years because I am accounting for a guy who has a life and a FT job. A college kid will be able to get there way faster. If after 5-6 months your bench isn't around 80kg then you must evaluate your training and technique.
>>
>>35749973
>>
>>35754035

Like I said earlier in the thread, i hit 120 in 18 months. I'm 190cm with the same in wingspan and that was at a bodyweight of 90kg.

I'm not a powerlifter, i don't compete, i'm just a hobby lifter.
>>
>>35754018
I agree with 2 years but you need to know exactly what you're doing and keep focus on gaining strenght. It took me about 2 years before I even learnt/perfected the correct form trough trial and error and feedback from other lifters, there is big difference between "thinking" you're doing it right and actually "doing it" right
>>
>>35754084
That's why you don't get your advice from Internet forums and in stead you either hire a coach or visit sites specifically dedicated to your hobby. Here's a tip that has served me well throughout my life - if something is popular then it won't work for you. It took me roughly 5 min to understand why SS - A GENERAL STRENGTH ROUTINE - is inefficient for powerlifting.
>>
>>35753984
How often? How heavy? To what extent? With what compared results?

One lifter doing it simply doesn't prove anything, that's the problem.

Who even says that she got anything out of it?
No one. Progress might be correlated.

That's why it needs to be a real coach that had hundreds of athletes do and try it - only he can actually have an idea whether or not it helps his athletes progress or not.
>>
>>35754114

The guy who coached her to do that was Louie Simmons.

Who, as it happens, does have a fuckton of athletes under his belt.
>>
>>35753852
>>35753854
I've benched 160kg without arching my shit up, but then again I'm not a dyel asian manlet.
>>
So hypothetically speaking I could just get 32 ZZZ bolt on fake tits that extend further in front of me than my arms can, and then I can make world record by just unracking and reracking 1300lbs while the bar rubs my nipples?

Anybody want to finance this?
>>
>>35753996
They are physically able of moving the weight in the movement pattern described in the rules - the bench press.

That's what it's all about - being physically able to lift more than someone else.
Whether that is brute strength or like in then benchpress the naturally gifted ability to arch hard - doesn't matter.

Where do you want to draw the line? Allow lifters only with x arm length?
Only x sized boobs?
Only x sized bellys / chests?

Bla bla.

It's fine and logically the way it is while it is also fair.

There are two other lifts that you can catch up in if you got beat by a flexibility monster in the benchpress.
>>
>>35754126

of all the keks this is the toppest
>>
>>35754122
So where is the article etc etc of him talking about why it is efficient, how he does it, etc?

You are pulling facts out of your ass and yet you have no back up from any coach that generalized your idea of flat bench.
>>
>>35754126

Nope. Bar can't be in contact with your body at the start of the lift.

That, at least, is one thing they remembered from what killed the floor press as a competitive lift.
>>
>>35754104
Yeah I agree with you but bear in mind I'm not a "powerlifter", just like 90% on /fit my main objective is aesthetics (low BF% along with some conditioning and strenght). Thats why I get a little pissed when people say that 120 kg bench or 140 - 160 kg squat is easily achievable. It's not without guidance or a trainer and mastering the form alone takes about 1-2 years for amateurs lifters, which /fit is
>>
>>35754158

Its not hard to look this up.

His reasoning, as relayed by the athlete in question, is that her bench was all leg drive and arch with very little low end strength. Improve that, improve the overall bench. And the easiest way to do that was with feet-up benching for reps.
>>
>>35754126
You cannot touch the bar on implants, read the rules
>>
>>35753538
No I bench 140kg actually
>>
>>35754188
I need feminism because.
>>
>>35753997
What? I hit fucking 275 lbs/125 kg in high school. I was told my grip was way too fucking narrow, and I wasn't even the strongest person. One guy was hitting 315 lbs for reps. Stop throwing out bullshit. Mostly on steroids my ass.
>>
>>35754187
So what about other lifters?

We are talking about an excessive arch here, obviously.
She is female, thus naturally more flexible and has tits, further reducing her rom.

In this case I believe that the rom is reduced so greatly that barely any upper body strength is getting advocated.

But to how many lifters does this apply? 2%?
>>
>>35753997
Yeah. It took me much longer than one year. More like 4 years in the end with some regression and non lifting in between
>>
>>35750013
>looks at a .jpg
>criticizes the ROM

only on /fit/
>>
>>35754233

Serious question: Have you ever actually seen Thompson bench?
>>
>>35753829
>>35753854
the bench should just be removed/replaced. It is more about cheating and reducing ROM than actual strength so it has no right being part of a strength competition.
>>
>>35754122
Jen Thomson was coached by Louie fucking Simmons? Source? What the fuck? Pls no

>>35754253
Kek. He hasn't.
>>
>>35754265

Every lift, the moment it gets into competition, becomes about getting the biggest possible numbers within the rules.

It happened to the bench. It happened to the squat. It happened to the clean, the jerk and the snatch. Lord knows it really happened to the press.
>>
>>35754253
Almost no arch indeed.

Doesn't answer my question though - what about other lifters?
>>
>>35754271

For a while, she was. IIRC it was in the leadup to breaking her own 132 record.

I'm trying to dig up the actual article where she talks about it but I'm pretty sure that it was on elitefts and their archive is basically impossible to navigate.
>>
>>35754310
Ewww why did she train with fakefeddies gross

Well I suppose she's continued to get better away from him too.
>>
>>35754355

By all accounts, Simmons is actually a pretty damn good coach. He's just possibly the absolute worst communicator ever outside of the gym.
>>
>>35752863
THIS ALL SOUNDS A BIT BORING AND SCIENCEY FOR ME
>>
>>35750050
6 10 kilo pl8s is about 176 lb
>>
>>35755552
its not, are you literally retarded? you can look that shit up in a matter of seconds if you dont know it and yet you dont. even with the bar its only about 155 lb
>>
Her brothers selling her ass out for cash
>>
>>35749973
Pfft no she doesn't. I'd lift her with muh dik tho desu senpai.
>>
File: ehh.png (10 KB, 626x326) Image search: [Google]
ehh.png
10 KB, 626x326
>>35756851
???
>>
File: 1428655059931.png (2 MB, 928x930) Image search: [Google]
1428655059931.png
2 MB, 928x930
>>35752668
>>35751112
>>35752720
>>35752800
>>35752996
>>35752935
>>35753008

Don't need to go any further than this thread - Isley got BTFO yesterday in the PLG thread over bullshit like this yesterday.

>powerlifting
>every being relevant
>not just full of a dipshit fuckers who claim that they do insane numbers
>when reality is they have 1 inch ROM due to bullshit rules

Hey guys, Look - here's a 'world record' owning bencher, who's lift is IPF approved.

>>35753790

>powerlifting
>ever relevant

pick one and only one.
>>
>>35757310
>counting the bar
>>
>>35749973
>Implying I can't press 315+
>Implying I care about what somebody I'll never meet can do
>>
File: 1450445338434.png (156 KB, 378x480) Image search: [Google]
1450445338434.png
156 KB, 378x480
>>35749973

theres no video of her lifting so i dont believe it ever happened

just a fake picture someone took for instagram or smth
>>
>>35752996
The hell is wrong with your shoulders
>>
>>35754169
If your goal is "aesthetics" why are you concerned with your total?
>>
>>35749973

those are fucking crossfit plates, faggot
>>
>>35761134
crossfit plates? you mean bumper plates? you know they weight the same right?
>>
>>35761148
Except they don't
>>
>>35752863
>white knight
>cuck
>taking advice about anything from a man who thinks it's okay to go on video looking like this
>>
>>35753790
Dat arch doe

This is fucking hilarious to watch.
>>
File: crossfit.png (3 MB, 1507x1121) Image search: [Google]
crossfit.png
3 MB, 1507x1121
>>35761148
>>
>>35761148
Bumper plates are all the same size you fucking moron, she's lifting 3 ten pound plates on each side.
>>
>>35752971
>More like 120, but well - he is an exceptionally weak bencher.

120kg (265lb) is respectable, but nowhere near competition level unless you're a girl or in some sort of early teen babby league.

>>35752992
>are all you people on steroids? i never seen someone bench 120kg in my whole LIFE! only online and i dont trust most of them

Nah 265lbs is nothing special for a gym regular, even for a natty who isn't a fatass. I'm natty and at 180lbs can bench 305, but it's taken like 3 years.

Try googling lifetime natural powerlifting. You should be able to find records according to age and weight class. Not certain the athletes are all 100% natty but IIRC the elite fatass natural lifters achieve something like a 1.8x body weight bench, not sure how it scales for non fatass body weights.
>>
>>35753089
>steroids
>estating
Pick one or more.
>>
>>35753202
>roider
Pathetic
>>
>>35757463

>being this much of a weak nerd

lmao keep trying
Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.