[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 600x400
Has anyone here moved out at a young age? i.e 18?

I'm 18 and have a full time job, I don't have many friends and I don't go out clubbing or drinking at all, I can afford an apartment and think it would force me to grow up and would be beneficial for my gains.

All of my old classmates are going to Uni this year but I dropped out and got a full time job.

What do you think boys?
>>
>>35740881
If you have enough money to afford an apartment that looks like that you're pretty much set
>>
Friends that move out pretty much living pay check to paycheck, keeps pestering me to move out because "independence".
Here I am saving 60% of my paycheck and going travelling every 3 months
>>
do it.
I moved out with 19. it will help you grow up. you will learn how to life on your own. cleaning, cooking, paying bills etc.
you will benefit from it.
>>
Go back and at least get an associates you stupid faggot.
>>
File: 1434264924730.jpg (57 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
1434264924730.jpg
57 KB, 500x267
>>35740881

I'm the same OP, I play video games professionally so I travel a lot for work and don't have many friends back home as they've moved away to university etc. I never go out except for that, and atm I have nothing to spend my money on except shit.

I wanna move out as it would force me to be more responsible as well as get away from my gains goblins family
>>
>>35740881
Moved out at 18.
Uni or trade school can be very beneficial for getting you further in life.
The apartment sounds like a great idea anyways, you will learn a lot.
Make sure to have enough time for both getting /fit/ and other hobbies.
You need to have some energy and social contact to keep the motivation if you wanna make it.
By the way, this seems a little more >>>/adv/ material.
>>
>>35740881
By all means do. Just make sure to never go back home. I moved out abroad for some time when I was 19 and moved back in when I got back to country, because I had some money saved and didn't want to work. Worst mistake of my life.
>>
>>35740928
are you swag? ehmm or freakadzoid?
>>
>>35740941

no, I play Hearthstone (babby-tier game)

not gonna disclose my ID but I get paid enough to live well in a first-world country.
>>
>>35740928

fuck off

>>35740924

I work in the chemical industry. It's not a bad career path. my intention is to leave and join the military when I'm fit enough

>>35740905

Would look nothing like that snd I would probably have to share

>>35740917

bet you're a man child

>>35740930

waiting to pass my driving test and I should be set.

>>35740920

sounds good mang
>>
>>35740881
if you can then sure, that's a great idea. i'm almost 25 and won't be able to move out for at least two more years. my studies keep me in uni for 10-12h a day six or sometimes seven days a week and i have no time for a job. it seriously sucks, because i want to be an independent person but that would mean quitting uni and my studies are my passion.
>>
>>35740934
Right there with this guy. I had to change cities; did may bachelor's in city A and doing my master's in city B. I thought I'd just stick with my folks before I find a place in city B, since they live quite close. Now I can't find a place in city B and I'm becoming isolated AF.
>>
Yes goyim move out and pay someones mortgage off you cant be mature and grown up until you do
>>
>>35740949
If you plan on joining the military then I would suggest you stay with your parents and save your money. Then your life outside the military can start off a little nicer.
>>
>>35740975

not everything is about the jews you boring cunt

>>35740966

as I said, im looking to join the royal marines (UK naval infantry) before im 20. So any apartment/ flat would be short term, maybe a year and a half max. it's not just the freedom it's more about growing up
>>
If youa re currently living with you parents, just stay there. Free/cheap rent is the best for an opportunity to save like crazy. Save to join the home gym master race, deposit on a house etc.

If you want to be responsible, get you parents to stop doing stuff for you. Make sure they don't pay for anything of yours like phone cred etc. Buy your own food, make your own meals at home. Don't jump in the deep end, you will have more problems than you expect. Learn over time by safely putting yourself in a position that requires more responsibility.
>>
>>35740980

I thought moving out would prepare me for it if im honest.
>>
>>35740975
Or he could keep living with his parents and slowly become a welfare dependent autist
>>
>>35740881

In Australia for reference:

I think this phenomenon is stupid, it doesn't work in our current generation because of how expensive everything is. If you have a good job that pays well straight out of high school, then the more power to you. However if you're a student or something else, then you're only digging your own hole.

Financially, you're screwing yourself. You're better off staying home with your parents and helping them function better from day to day. Hell, even get a great job first, then pay them $1000 a month for helping you grow up is generally good enough.

Socially, you can't go out much and you will lose friends for that.

Physically, if your job is shit and/or you have uni, you're generally too tired to exercise, so you let that go to shit.
>>
>>35741019

I had a part time job for 3 years of high school and a full time job for the last 1. I went to college and continued to live with my parents. I was able to pay my college off in 1 payment and no interest.

But continue being cucked by paying 25% of your income to your car/insurance and another 50% of your income for rent.
>>
>>35741067
Continue being cucked by money, goy
>>
>>35741043
Don't really think many people move out for uni here in Australia, mostly an American thing I think
>>
>>35741043

parents are alcoholics. currently living with my grandparents. not ideal. I don't intend to stay working where I am and I want to join the military before 20.
>>
>>35741090

Money is the most important thing in life. Money buys happiness. You need to make at least 50-60k a year to be happy.
>>
>>35741012
They will teach you, they will break you down. They fully expect manbabies who has never ironed a shirt and never made a bed. I've talked to recruiters for ADF (australian defence force) and they've told me this. They specifically expect deadbeat retards who have never worked a day in their life except some form of exercise, they will mould you into what they want.

Nothing will prepare you for it except gains, bro.
>>
I moved out when i was 19. 23 now and going to uni was the worst decision ever made. Should have just started working right after highschool
>>
>>35741119
Are you twelve? Money buys the illusion of safety and a possible access to freedom. Nothing else.
>>
>>35740881

isn't this /fit/?

I feel like your post belongs on /adv/...

Anyway, do it. Move out. I moved out when I was 17 and I'm now over 30. It's great.

>inb4
>you can fuck girls all the time
>>
Moved out when I was twelve to a private apartment. Ensured my autism, imao. Had all opportunity to spend my time alone, and did so. Fucked me up royally. Currently 26 and perma-autist.
>>
>>35740881
There is nothing hard about moving out. It's basically cook, clean, work and sleep.
There is nothing it will teach you that you shouldn't be able to pick-up anytime later in life.

Don't do it unless you safe crazy travel times or it's really cheap.
Spending money hiring an apartment is really the worst thing you could ever do.

If you're serious about moving out, invest in a place so that you can sell it later for something nicer. Rent is literally cancer that eats away and gives you nothing in the long run.
>>
Having your own place is great for a lot of reasons, but don't do it unless you can afford it easily.

Figure out how much rent, food, and other expenses unique to living on your own will cost you. If you add it all up and it comes to more than 40% of your paycheck, you'd be better off staying home and saving that money until you've reached a level of pay where living costs will be under 40%.

Eventually you'll reach an age where living with your parents will be embarrassing, but you're not there yet. No point giving up the many financial advantages of living at home unless you're making so much money that you can afford to move out while still saving the majority of your paycheck.
>>
>>35741206

I don't know why you say "the illusion" of safety, since money will buy you the actual safety of not having to worry about where your next meal is coming from or whether or not you can afford to deal with unexpected misfortune.

It also buys freedom, independence and the ability to pursue your hobbies, spend time with your friends, go travelling in comfort etc. You may not need to be a millionaire to be happy, but most people will benefit greatly on a psychological level from financial security.
>>
I did it at 18, best decision I've ever made
>>
>>35741609
>most people will benefit greatly on a psychological level from financial security.

idk bro all my acquaintances are pretty loaded and they all, bar none, are mentally ill to some degree. i guess it makes the day to day life not be a worry but they're still pretty fucked up.
>>
>>35741609
>most people will benefit greatly on a psychological level from financial security.
I've seen quite a few of my friends establish themselves and they're all miserable. I've related to people born into money and they are depressed and bored. Most of my closest friends don't have much money but they enjoy the little things a lot more. Money can be beneficial but it doesn't solve anything.
>>
>>35740949
I own a house and I was going to give you a few pieces of advice that have been really valuable to me but since you're apparently sitting here shooting down anything that isn't exactly want to hear I'll let you fuck your life up on your own.

Good luck.
>>
>>35741569
wtf kind of advice is this. About 70% of my income goes on expenses and im living more than comfortably.
>>
If you didn't move out on your eighteenth birthday you had to have been extremely immature
>>
>>35741043
This, im 22 and work 38 hours a week on $20hr whilst paying off some other cunts mortgage

I fucking hate it, i get paid on wednesday and am flat broke by monday night usually, just from bills, food, etc, i feel bad when i need to buy something for myself (supps, clothes etc) because i know its going to put a dent in my pocket, also no savings, it is literally like running in place, i wake, i work, i train, i try and sleep (doesnt happen easily) and repeat

My advice would be unless your parents house is inhospitable, stay, and be smart with your money
>>
Terrible decision.

>went to college for a degree that was guaranteed to lead to a job since certification is needed to work in the field
>lived at home the whole time and had internships
>saved up all the money from the internships
>graduated, got a job immediately, and continued to live at home
>saved up a year's salary and found an apartment
>currently 24 years old
>56k in savings
>nearly 30k in my 401k already
>apartment in a good part of town with a balcony and great kitchen

Meanwhile
>friends who moved out at 18 are struggling because they never had any savings
>live in shitty little apartments in crime-ridden parts of town

Don't move out unless you have to. I know its a hamper to dating but so is not having any savings later in life. Learn to be frugal, learn to plan ahead, and build up your life young.
>>
>>35742220
what degree?
>>
>>35742220
it's perfectly possible to do a little bit of both. you don't have to live at home to achieve that. the relatively small sums you can save when you're young are insignificant compared to what you can save when you get a real job (provided you get a good degree),. I'm not saying you should never save anything, but if you're missing out on tons of fun during your youth because you're saving pennies then you're living your life wrong, IMO.
>>
>>35740881
Well, yeah I kinda moved out.
I still visit old home regularly.
And I borrow money from the government.
I am in college though.
>>
>>35742332
I don't know about you but I saved over 20k in just wages alone living at home during college
>>
>>35742299
Med lab science
>>
>>35742220

wrong as usual

I moved out when I was 17 and was able to save up $13,000 in no time flat.

I guess it depends on your priorities and the type of stuff you like to [waste] money on.

I'm this guy:

>>35741291
>>
File: 1452353520248.jpg (110 KB, 500x601) Image search: [Google]
1452353520248.jpg
110 KB, 500x601
>>35740881
Sure, I moved out for uni at 18, came back home for the first summer, went back and I've been living on my own ever since.

Graduated with muh BA when I was 20, worked a mixture of odd jobs for about a year until I found a career worthy gig.

There are definite advantages and disadvantages.

You can't save as much money as you could living at home, obviously and you probably won't eat as well (assuming you had decent parents). Your apartment/rented room will be shitty and roommates suck if you choose to go that route.

On the plus side you'll probably be forced to learn to budget, you can keep your own hours, arguments with family will be minimized (my relationship with my family has improved considerably since I've moved out), you can drink or smoke or fuck however much you want, whenever you want- basically you'll have autonomy which is pretty fucking neat.

I'd say go for it if it fits with your goals (i.e. don't if you're planning on saving up a bunch of money so you can go to uni later and pay out of pocket).
>>
>>35740881
if you can stand living with your folks for a little longer and saving money- do it. moving out is always way more expensive than your realize. you come across unexpected expenses all the time especially when you're young. don't be an idiot and spend all your savings on bars and parties. help your folks out around the house with cooking/cleaning/doing your own laundry. when you finally do move out they'll help you when shit gets rough financially. personally i wouldn't have finished college without my folks help so i'm glad i didn't move out and struggle with doing it on my own just to say i did.
>>
>>35740881
I moves out the day I turned 18. This brought on some hard times but I wouldn't trade it for anything. My best memories in life wouldn't have happened if I hadn't have moved out
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/adv/16724579
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.