[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I quit /fit/? I want to but I literally cannot do it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8
File: smoking.jpg (5 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
smoking.jpg
5 KB, 276x183
how do I quit /fit/? I want to but I literally cannot do it.
>>
You would have quit already if you wanted to. Just say no and stop buying them.
>>
change your "I literally cannot do it" attitude, negative nancy
>>
yes you can :)
>>
Stop smoking them.
>>
>>35739088
>literally cannot do it
Ok then just continue smoking you are not worth of quitting.
>>
File: Cease this Faggotry.jpg (19 KB, 400x303) Image search: [Google]
Cease this Faggotry.jpg
19 KB, 400x303
>>35739088
How much do you smoke a day, OP?
>>
Just stop. I went to jail and that helped so just catch a charge
>>
why stop? smoking is great
>>
I have successfully rationed down to about 5 cigarettes a week. Sometimes I have none, sometimes I have more (drinking kicks the cravings into overdrive).

What worked for me wasn't quitting cigarettes, it was quitting lighters. No more lighters, threw them all away, took them out of my car and told myself never to buy one again. For some reason that was easier than quitting the smokes. Eventually I got tired of lighting smokes on the stove then sprinting outside (never smoked in the house), bumming lights from people and completely cut out smoking in the car.
>>
>>35739088
Hit your self everytime you smoke.
>>
>>35739126
right now? about 10-15 of them a day. down from a pack-and-a-half but this is till way too much.
>>
I went to the doctors and asked them for something and he reccomended champix, took it for 7-10 days and haven't smoked since.

This was 7 months ago and I was a 20 a day smoker who had tried patches, gum, e cigarettes and the like.
>>
>>35739088
>how do I quit /fit/?

just stop coming here
>>
Try not being a weak willed pussy.

Big tabacco is making good money off you and then big pharma will get a good slice when your health goes to shit. Death will of course, as usual, reap the most rewards
>>
File: opi sagaf.jpg (41 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
opi sagaf.jpg
41 KB, 512x512
>>35739150
I'd say a shit ton. Keep going that way. Something that really helped me is doing cardio. I realized that every time I smoked one less cigarettes my cardio improved significantly.
It's not like you *can't* do cardio while smoking, but certainly reduces the cravings, whilst keeping you motivated to keep going lower.
The other thing that helped me is my bronchitis. Hope you don't get it.
>>
>>35739088
QUIT BEING A FUCKING PUSSY PIECE OF SHIT AND GET RID OF THE CIGARETTES YOU FUCKING FUCK
>>
>>35739088
Cold turkey, you fucking pansy bitch.
>>
>how do i quit?

just dont do it you retard
why do people find this so difficult
>>
>>35739088
i used gum and patches. started with the top tier patches and chewed gum during the day, then followed the patches weening order, eventually quit the gum on step 2 of patches. it wasnt too bad. like 6 or 7 years with out a chew or smoke.
>>
>>35739150

Set yourself a limit on how many you will smoke a day and gradually lower it. When your down to one a day you'll easily quit.

Or just quit being a pussy and quit now.
>>
>>35739088
Just stop buying and smoking cigarettes. It's literally nothing more to it faggot.
>>
Just vape bro.
>>
>>35739088
Here's what worked for me (after about 20 failed attempts including one with Allen Carr's book).
>smoked all my remaining tobacco in a binge until I felt sick
>bought nicotene gum
>spent time only with non-smokers for a week (this is the most important step)
>only chewed gum when the cravings became unbearable
>started lots of cardio to feel the benefits sooner
>continue to hang out only with non-smokers (this will eventually happen anyway).
>>
>>35740375
it's an addiction
I could ask you to stop sucking dicks but it's not that easy
>>
>>35739088
took me a month or so.
i kept buying 1 pack every 2/3 days, smoke a couple of cigs than rage out and throw everything away, until one day i didnt felt the urge to smoke anymore.
i may have spent even 100 dollars in cigarettes i didnt smoke, but at least i managed to quit
>>
>>35739088
44 and former pack a dayer for 20+ years. cold turkey. just deal with complete cloudy headed bullshit. first 5 days are awful. after that it's really just keep your mind busy on other stuff. it's when you're idle that they come back and come back hard.
>>
Keep in mind smoking is just a way of self-stimulation and the best way to reduce cravings is to stimulate your mind in other ways.
>>
Same way I quit fapping
Have something to do at all times
>>
If you literally cannot, why asks us how to do it?
It's like if you're slapping yourself and asks us how to stop slapping yourself. It's shit that's dependent on your own brain to stop. There is nothing external that keeps you smoking, so just stop.
>>
I smoked two packs a day for two years. One day, I got a gf and she mentioned she didn't like the smell.
I told her I'd stop smoking if it bothered her but really I just wanted an excuse to stop. So I stopped. I occasionally want to start smoking again, and when that happens, I don't. And that's that.
>>
>>35740502
heroin is an addiction

you just stop smoking. like stop.

you'll feel like shit for two days then you go work out

sleep it off pussy
>>
>>35742780
Says someone who has clearly never had to kick a smoking habit.
>>
>>35742958
I watched my friend quit after smoking a pack a day for a year straight (it was a bet and he won)
I watched my friend's dad quit smoking after 30 years of continous use, he just decided he was going to quit.
You have to actually want it. If you "want" to quit in the same way that delusional fatties "want" to stop being a fat piece of shit without actually putting in any effort, then you're not going to get anywhere.
Stop making excuses, you're just a bitch who wants to be told it's not in your control so you don't have to feel responsible.
>>
Just done cold turkey (2 weeks in) from ~5 a day.

>You just don't actually want to do it.
Stop talking about and just fucking do it.

Or just be a weak willed faggot bitch forever
>>
>>35743035
you're both right. there's no magic trick, it's just hard as fuck. you have to be able to do something that, statistically, the vast majority of people are unable to do.
>>
>>35743122
Exactly. The answer may not be easy but it is very simple, just stop.
>>
File: dat.jpg (150 KB, 1200x852) Image search: [Google]
dat.jpg
150 KB, 1200x852
I've smoked +-10 a day for over 10 years, age 26. I had tried to quit before, with vapes and stuff, but always pussied out and made the walk of shame to the store only to buy cigarettes.
It took a couple mushroom trips to change my mind about being able to quit. It just helps you think about stuff more objectively. Maybe try it. Now I haven't bought any smokes in over a week, I have a couple mints a day though.
>>
>>35743174
>It took a couple mushroom trips to change my mind about being able to quit. It just helps you think about stuff more objectively.

God I hate people like you.

>Nahhh mannnn u gottta liek open up ur mind to the universe mannnnn to liek think in a new paradigm mannnnnnn

I smoke a pack a day from 16 to 29. I fucking put them down and quit because I was ready and not a strung out fucking retard who probably listens to EDM.
>>
>>35743174
if it's been just a week you haven't quit yet. I'd say it takes at least a year to quit, and it took me at least 2 years before I completely stopped thinking about cigarettes.
>>
Well it's been almost 12 hours since my last. Every time a craving starts to really hit I just tell myself "you'll have one dont worry just not now" and the need for it kind of subsides.

The wierd part is I'm starting to second guess my rationale to quit. Like the smokes are talking to me, "anon we've been with each other so long, are you really ending it?" It's fucked up, I haven't gone this long without a cigarette in years.
>>
>>35743207
Of course, but it's a start. Just not smoking regularly is good enough I feel. I have very few smoker friends, and I'll probably smoke one if I'm drinking and can bum one off of someone confident that I won't start smoking regularly again.

>>35743204
Who's the strung out retard? Here's your (You).
>>
>>35743271
no like yeah mannn u just use the drugs to liek expand urself broooooooo

Tell me about how much EDM you listen to. Do you do the retarded dances they do?
>>
>>35739088
Maybe you're a Martian and you use it as an energy source to fight off spiritual afflictions from the Evil One like stress, anger, etc.
Try meditation and prayer in addition so you don't just abuse one coping mechanism to deal with bs.
>>
>>35739088
get flu. i was 2 pack a day smoker and i wanted to quit, yet i was too weak willed, then i got flu, i couldn't smoke for a week, and carried on from that point. but damn i miss it.
>>
>>35743560
>>35739088
Smoke some weed too
Or as Pimp C would say
"Smoke something, bitch."
>>
>>35739088
literally killyourself
>>
>>35739088
I now realize I accidentally quit smoking. Stopped smoking for my nerve operation and
it has been 6 months. oMFG
>>
>>35743610
>>35739088
P.S. the filters in cigs have fiberglass in them, which is why they are shiny if you pull them out and split them open - they rip your lungs apart - and never smoke a cig completely, as all the chemicals are near the end
Just rip the filter off and smoke it like a joint
>>
>>35743244
I'm about 14 hours in.
We're all gonna make it.

I think a larger than average portion of /fit/ smokes because we all have confidence issues and want to be cool.
>>
>>35743954
i used to prefer smoke alone as much as possible. it surely gave a confidence boost tho.
>>
Just vape bro.

It works for me :^)
>>
>>35739088
Cut down, it took me 3 attempts throughout a year to do it but eventually I did it. It takes time and dedication, you'll fail and start again a few times but eventually you can do it it's not hard at all once you get past the first week.
>>
>>35743244
>>35743954
Congrats, you're now officially non-smokers.
Just don't start again.

Non-smokers don't smoke. Not even one.
>>
>>35744070
The problem is that vaping is not cool. And it requires having all of these ingredients at once.
I was always missing something or my battery died.

I had fun cloud chasing... But why is it mostly fat redness that vape around here?
Naw dude. I am free. I quit nicotine.
>>
>>35744108
That is right.
I did two weeks once.
The hardest thing was drinking around my smoking friends. Two sips of a beer and I need a smoke.
>>
>>35743244
>The wierd part is I'm starting to second guess my rationale to quit. Like the smokes are talking to me

That's the gains goblin talking (When I quit, I visualized him looking like Gollum). Don't listen to that asshole. He'll give up eventually.
>>
File: 1342033881675.jpg (34 KB, 400x529) Image search: [Google]
1342033881675.jpg
34 KB, 400x529
Keep the quitting stories coming bros. I've been trying to quit for 2 months now with little success, I've cut back on cigarrets alot tho, smoke around 4 to 5 a day, buy honestly i think my job its what causes me to smoke alot due to stress and anxiety. We are all gonna make it brehs.
>>
>>35739088
>I literally cannot do it.

>>35739146
>drinking kicks the cravings into overdrive

>>35744143
>Two sips of a beer and I need a smoke.

>>35744323
>my job its what causes me to smoke

Friendly reminder that to quit smoking, you have to first quit making excuses.
>>
>>35739088
this is what I did and it worked for me:
everytime you want to smoke ask yourself why you want to smoke right now. stress? habit? addiction? why do you want to smoke this cancerstick right now?

and then ask yourself if you really need this cigarette right now.

I quit smoking in 1week. the first days you will think "ah fuck it, I don't need this but I will smoke it anyways" but after a few days you will question your mindset and it will become easier to quit completely.
>>
>>35743099
>5 a day
>weak willed faggot bitch

lol fag
>>
>>35739088
Yes you can.
>>
I smoke a pack a day and go days without a cigarette and not even notice.

I've not been able to smoke for a full 2 weeks once, I was totally fine.

Why haven't I noticed? Why am I not hard core addicted?
>>
>>35744666
The better question would be:
Why do you smoke a pack a day then?
>>
>>35744666
because it hasn't been a long time since your first cigarette. addictions grow.
>>
>>35744806
yup. entry level, soon you'll be buying a carton a week.
>>
>>35744553
Not.
I am quitting drinking, too.
That has always been easier to pass on for me.

Srsly, though. Barely starting a beer and you stop me (2 pack a day smoker) from getting a cigarette, I was going through you.

I might have consumed 10 beers in my life without at least one cigarette.
I have been a pretty heavy drinker for a decade, with more on time than off.
Like ~60 12oz beers a week and about a half gallon of hard liquor of whatever variety.
>>
in a perfect world I can compartmentalize my smoking for when I'm drinking. I doubt I can do that since I love cigarettes so much.

Up to 15 hours now. Cravings coming in very hard, every 5-10 mins.
>>
I haven't smoked for 28 days, as me anything. :^)
>>
>>35745210
I will ask you to have a cigarette.
>>
File: forsenSnus.png (19 KB, 112x112) Image search: [Google]
forsenSnus.png
19 KB, 112x112
who /snus/ masterrace here
>>
>>35745413
rude
>>
>>35739088
You stop putting cigarrettes in your mouth. Thought this shit was obvious
>>
File: no idea.jpg (47 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
no idea.jpg
47 KB, 640x640
>>35739088
no idea
>>
I learned from some guy who quit cold turkey from 3 packs a day and didn't struggle at all

he said he realized he was retarded and every time he'd get a craving, he'd just mock himself (in his head) like "wow you're such a faggot you really think you need this shit just because your body wants it?"

I used the same thing to cut a cocaine addiction and it worked. probably not for everyone though
>>
>>35739088
my friend has been trying since he was like 17(started at 14), is 24 now, and still can't quit.
>>
You just have to realize how disgusting it is.
>>
>>35743122
Yeah just like losing weight, its fucking hard man!
>>
>>35739088
the only way you will quit smoking,and i don't know if it is mentioned here is to read:ALLEN CARRS THE EASY WAY TO QUIT SMOKING.
At least it worked for me and i have never felt so easy.
>>
>>35745491
this

weak-minded faggots will tell you this isn't healthy but it's just an excuse they have

similarly, after browsing /pol/ I dropped a lot of my bad habits after realizing they were all making me degenerate as fuck

feels good man
>>
>>35739088
don't be a bitch and quit. stop talking about it and do it or stfu.
>>
>>35739088

I'VE QUIT TWICE AND I'M A 300 LB OBESE PERSON ITS EVEN EASIER THAN LOSIN GWEIGHT LMFAO
>>
If you really wanted to quit you would have quit by now
>>
>tfw have only smoked 4 cigarettes total during really drunk nights at the bar over the span of months
I honestly don't get how people can smoke packs and packs of this garbage. One cig and I'm relaxed, two and I get too dizzy. Maybe I'm just a pussy
>>
>>35739088
http://idosersoftware.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=185

This works extremely well to stop cravings and addictions.
>>
>>35739088

Why? I wish I could still smoke. Fucking obamacare charging me on top of the stupid taxes.
>>
>>35739088
Lightweight smoker here, ~80 packs/year, having been doing it for 7 years, I once quit for 6 months, and I felt so much healthier and more fit. The reason I started again is stupid, I love Rothmans', but I can't buy it in me own country, so whenever I go on holiday I buy it. Then I when my 20 or so packs that I bring home are gone, I'm left with the addiction again, now the problem is, that the cigarettes here at home are shit tier. So I started smoking those e-cigs, but then the liquid that you fill them with that has nicotine in it got banned, so I went back to smoking menthol taste Camels, because now they are the only ones I can smoke, the rest just make me want to throw up.
If I actually decided again to try quitting, my motivation would be to feel healthy again, as I felt for that half year when I stopped smoking.
Now I just don't want to quit, because I'm fine with 3-6 cigarettes a day.
But yeah you need motivation.
>>
>>35745644
well you start with one or two a day, and as you get more acclimated to nicotine you require more. then you are fucking addicted, and smoking that shit constantly.
>>
>Smoking in the first place
I mean, at least where I grew up we had that anti-drug shit shoved down my throat with
>CIGARETTES WILL LITERALLY RAPE, MURDER EVERYTHING YOU FIND DEAR AND DEFALCATE ON YOUR MOTHERS COLD CORPSE IF YOU SMOKE EVEN ONE CANCER STICK
Plus that shit smells like ass and costs tons of extra money to keep doing.
>>
>>35745946

Man it was just what I wanted though. Made normies stay away from you, tasted cool when you had good cigs, you looked cool becuase you didn't give a fuck, it let you die sooner (which is what I wanted most). Damn it I can't wait until I can again.
>>
I smoke 10-15 a day and I love it

Still run 5K in 30mins leaving my non smoker dorm mates far behind

>I hate anon, he smokes but still has better stamina than me

Maybe you need to cut back on all those calories and get more active ye fat fucks.

Fuck I crave a cig right now, this is gonna be a good one

Cya
>>
>>35747183
this is bait.

Also inb4 you die from cancer leaving your non smoker dorm mates far behind
>>
>>35747343
B8 my ass

All top oldskool eu players even smoked during the best times of their carreers. Lotsa em even smoke now.

U mad cuz of my 5K times u non smoking pussy

>cancer
Lool maybe if i also was an underactiive fast food eating fat fuck
>>
hour 18, i'm so close to making it sunup until sundown, first time I will have accomplished that without a cigarette in a long, long time.
>>
>>35743207
Last vape was December 31st. I still get cravings every day, but now I can sometimes go a couple hours into the morning before the first one hits. We're all gonna make it.
>>
Instead of going out and buying them put that money you were going to spend on it in a jar. Then when you get enough you buy something nice.
>>
>>35743099
whoa, 5 a day?!

how did u do it?
>>
File: Drug_danger_and_dependence.png (32 KB, 722x420) Image search: [Google]
Drug_danger_and_dependence.png
32 KB, 722x420
>>35743297
>>35743204
Psychedelics were used, with great results in addiction treatment in the 50s-60s. Currently, ibogaine is used to kick heroin addiction. I'm not saying they are magic before you start imitating "hippiebabble" as an argument. I'm saying they objectively have therapeutic properties. You just make yourself sound stupid.
>>
>>35739088
Maybe try smoking chamomile and raspberry leaves and other herbs first (you can buy them online or in certain herbshops). After the craving for nicotine is gone you can drop the habit of smoking as well.
>>
>>35748666
Psychedelics are excellent for ending addiction.
I don't even trip anymore cause of them, when I'm tripping I'm just like why am I doing this to myself? Drugs are unnecessary to my life. They can basically just rip addiction straight out of your mind.

Kinda funny that drugs cured me of using drugs.
>>
20 years of pack-a-day.

switched to Colts mild, on theory that no one can smoke a pack a day of those.

took about a week to get to a pack a day.

one day, finally said, I am feeling sick, and tired, all the time. Do these Colts have anything to do with it?

First day quitting, all my energy came back. Stopped feeling sick to stomach.

No problem making quitting stick this time.

Can't recommend this method, but it worked
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.