[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT thread QTDDTOT thread QTDDTOT thread QTDDTOT thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: PeriodicTableOxidation.png (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PeriodicTableOxidation.png
185 KB, 1920x1080
QTDDTOT thread
I'm starting to squat again and my fucking hamstrings and groin get more sore than my quads/glutes. Are they just super weak and getting hammered by the eccentric motion alone?

based periodic table not related
>>
Starting first cut. How much weight can I healthily lose per week?
>>
>>35735016

Make sure your form is right, but could be the case.

>>35735112

Depends on how fat you are. You can safely lose a lot if you're very heavy. If you're 15% body fat or lower, 1lb per week is what is safely recommended in order not to lose muscle mass.
>>
i'm currently at about 21% bodyfat (according to my electronic impedance thing lol) How much bf% could i possibly shed by 1 march? I've not really got any muscle to loose so idgaf about that
>>
>>35735162
other than some buttwink action I think my form is fine
what kind of form issues could cause this without significant strength imbalances?
>>
What can I do to pass my biophysics exam in 2 days?
>>
Any relation between being fat (completely untrained) and strength?

I could see how it could affect lower body strength, but not so sure about upper body?
>>
should I still take creatine on rest days?
>>
>>35735237
Git good
>>
I started my first real squatting today at 135 pounds. And my whole lower body felt like it was going to fall apart. It wasn't even the muscle, it felt like the bones.

My ohp is stronger than my squat. And I banged out around 30 pullups and chinups at my 185 bw after bench.

So my question is (assuming form wasn't an issue which it probably was), should I just do deadlifts and leg extensions for a while to build stronger legs or should I start lower on the squats? It just feels odd that squat is my weakest of the 5 lifts by a lot...
>>
My deadlift is by far my weakest lift, whenever I try to add weight I can feel my back round as I pull it off the ground. What gives?
>>
>>35739112

You probably need to learn how to brace properly for deadlifting.
>>
My left shoulder hurts, i think i pulled something what do? It only hurts when i try and "flex it" was doing dumbbell presses when it happened even though I warmed up properly and wasn't going too heavy
>>
File: 1452198094765.jpg (57 KB, 960x949) Image search: [Google]
1452198094765.jpg
57 KB, 960x949
Okay how the FUCK do you bake sweet potato in the oven? I'm watching vids on yt saying to cut it into wedges, season it then slam it in teh oven for 25-30 mins on 175c(350burgers units) until nice and mushy.

well mine are fucking hard still. What am I don't wrong? ;_;
>>
>>35736504
Yes
>>
>>35736954
Start at a lower weight, when i first started working on my compounds, squats where the hardest, I wasn't flexible enough, and the whole thing just sucked but it eventually got easier
>>
I squated half pl8s yesterday and my knees were cracking every time I went down, my gymbro said my form was alright.
what do ?
>>
So I'm eating 5 big meals a day Mon-Sat, but Sundays is my only day i can sleep in and just relax, what happens if i only eat 3 meals that day?
>>
>>35739127
How?
>>
>>35739204
as long as you're not at a calorie deficit then you just don't gain as much. pretty much nothing
>>
>>35735016
Saw a similar question being asked before:
When are you finished with your workouts? I've been training for 3 years and whenever I finish my routine, I dont feel tired etc. So I end up doing more exercises to compensate. Should I just finsih my routine and be done with it even if I can do more? This applies to all muscles, but especially arms
>>
how do you guys cook zucchini
>>
Height: 6'1
Weight: 92kg

Bench: 80kg * 5 reps
Squat: 100kg * 5 reps
Bent over Barbell Row: 60kg * 5

Will I make it, /fit/?
>>
>>35739161
Whenever I see them cooked, they're cooked for well over an hour. And usually still a little bit firm. But that's a half of one. Just cook it longer.

Also my own question.
Is there any harm in squatting everyday (rest days would only be squats and cardio) but at a low weight (80-95) just to get my form perfect and focus on form as much as possible?
>>
File: TricepsBar.jpg (71 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
TricepsBar.jpg
71 KB, 1500x1500
Looking at ordering a Triceps bar and some extra plates for working out at home. Does anyone know a good make or respected manufacturers. I usually try to get York but their Triceps bar is springlock and I've always used spinlock bars so far. Any suggestions?
>>
>>35739511
>1500x1500
>>
What's the weight equal to 1pl8? No amount of lurking has taught me that.
>>
>>35739538
1 plate is 45 pounds. 1 plate is 45 pounds on each side assuming the bar is olympic 7 feet long and weighs 45 pounds.

So 1 plate is actually 45 + 45 + 45. 135
Each plate from there on goes up by 90 pounds because you don't factor in the bar anymore. 135 is the base.
1 plate = 135
2 plates = 225
3 plates = 315

And so on.
>>
Best website to order a belt from?
Based in AU
>>
Will I get anything out of SS on a big deficit aside from the linear progression that will stall sooner then later?
>>
File: www.jpg (37 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
www.jpg
37 KB, 600x400
Can you get a decent workout just by flexing muscles real hard? How is that different from lifting weights?
>>
Is there a food app that scans the barcode of an item and lets you know if it contains any dank fucking ingredients that make the food able to survive a nuke but it makes your dick fall off if you eat it enough? I can't be assed to memorize all the nasty fucking chemical names that I need to avoid.
>>
What does "Press" usually stand for? I'm reading stuff that mentions "Press" 3x5 and then later states bench press 3x5. Are they the same thing or are they talking about leg press?
>>
I need more food that is just fats or protein that has little or no carbs but I have no clue what to have or what is most beneficial/cost effective
>>
Why is it that I look fucken muscular in my gym's mirrors? I'm not talking about being pumped, but just looking myself from those mirrors before the work out and it looks like I got huge muscles. At home however I look DYEL as fuck.

What is this?
>>
>>35740236

OHP, the Overhead Press, is often just referred to as "The Press".

>>35740359

the lighting in your gym accentuates your muscles. your bathroom light likely does not.
>>
Anyone ever had a herniated disc? It's causing sciatic pain around my hips and down my legs even to my feet. Sometimes my arms. Feels like it's getting better but then I go through a whole day of walking around college and at the end of the week I'm back to square one.

Having been lifting for months especially legs due to this and am wondering whether it's doing me more harm than good. I've been reading articles about how deadlifts actually help.

I don't know, just any advice would be welcome. I'm sick of watching the muscle I worked hard for go away.
>>
>>35739925
kek, no clue, but I want an app like that
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-24-11-14-42.png (171 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-24-11-14-42.png
171 KB, 1080x1920
Help. I am poor and that is all I have on a sunday noon.
Is this some oil and a multi enough to get by and maintain bodyweight?
>>
>>35740535
If it's just for one day a week, it literally doesn't matter.
If you're natty, you keep all your muscle mass even if you don't eat anything for 24h cause that's how long your glycogen stores last.
>>
>>35740535
It is red lentils and parboiled rice
>>
>>35740556
So, if I want to lose fat, trchnically I could eat every other day?
Nice to know.
And do you think that a week of maintenance enough to restore any hormonal imbalances?
>>
>>35740572
>If I want to lose fat, technically I could eat every other day?
Yes, it's a form of intermittent fasting (eat surplus on lift days, fast on rest days), and studies suggest it's pretty healthy.
I'd suggest still getting some lean protein and half a cup of oats on rest days, though. You'll feel better.

>And do you think that a week of maintenance is enough to restore any hormonal imbalances?
No. To get your hormones in check, you first need to get your bodyweight down below 20%.
>>
I know I need to sleep 8 hours a night for max gains but if I go to bed at midnight, go to the gym at 6AM and sleep from 7:30-9:30 will it be the same as sleeping 8 hours straight?
>>
File: tw.png (99 KB, 530x250) Image search: [Google]
tw.png
99 KB, 530x250
I feel a twinge/sharp pain when I move sometimes here, what could this be?
>>
How do I get over my gym crush talking to someone else :(. I don't talk to her because she's so pretty I feel like every guy talks to her, on the other hand I just get angry and sad, I can't tell the difference at this point, when she talked to some guy today. Who got up from where he was working out and sat on the bench next to her to talk. I see them both all the time and I've never seen them talk. I wish I didn't work out on Saturday, my heart is broken.
>>
http://strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/male/kg

Is this accurate
>>
>>35740666
Spinal erectors. I use to have exactly what you have then I started to do more rows and improved my back strength and it went away?
That's anecdotal evidence, I don't know what will fix yours.
>>
>>35740628
> tfw 26%.
Aight biatch, time to get down to 15%.
Auschwitz, here I come.
>>
>>35740676
You're probably right, my back is sorta weak
>>
>>35740670
Get her before he gets her, or just get over her.
>>
File: IMG_20151127_200723.jpg (736 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151127_200723.jpg
736 KB, 2448x3264
Are my pecs insertions that shitty or will the gape gets les visible with mire mass?
>>
>>35739809
>Can you get a decent workout just by flexing muscles real hard? How is that different from lifting weights?

hulse pls go
>>
>>35741027
More mass baby

Stop worrying over the small stuff and lift more
>>
What is the best exercise combo to rapidly increase muscle mass in the shoulders

I want me some big shoulders
>>
>>35735237
I study biophysics 3rd year, what is in your syllabus
>>
>>35741027
>caring this much
Your tits look fine mate.
>>
Lower left side of back hurts after deadlifts and sqauts..

Left shoulder hurts after snatches and ohp..

Whats wrong?
>>
Would it be stupid to only do leg day once a week, while still doing the push and pull day, while on PPL? so PPLxPPxxPPL etc.?
>>
Can someone redpill me on splits versus total body routine. I read lots of articles and the only real benefit they say is improved fat loss which seems like BS.

So I most likely will go back to a split routine because I enjoy a lot of exercises that I couldn't fit in a total body routine.
>>
>>35739323
Focus, use your heels to push down and keep your chest and face up nice and straight and pull that shit, or lower the weight
>>
Is 4pl8 deadlift and 3pl8 squat average or above average for a recovering auswitz skelly after less than half a year?

At 165lbs / 75kg now
>>
>>35741208
Stop reading so much.
Hit all your muscles at least twice a week, with at least one rest day before you hit the same muscles again.
Push yourself, increase the weight, eat right, most importantly don't injure yourself and don't fall off the wagon.
>>
Does anyone have experience with DIM supplements? is it any good/tips?
>>
can I deadlift on a smith machine?
>>
10-15x3 good for captain chair leg raises or should I go until I die?
>>
What department stores sell good, cheap scales for body weight and foodscales?
>>
Okay, let me preface this admittedly odd question by immediately saying I'm not a girl.

For a seventeen year old girl who had been working out regularly for say three years, what would be a respectable one rep max in squats, deadlift and bench press? I honestly have no idea because I never really thought about it before.

I need to know because of reasons.
>>
Due to it getting dark when I finish work experience, I can only do cardio on the weekends.
Is once a week enough for improvement?
>>
>>35741187
Can you describe the pain? Is it like a sudden sharp stabbing, or a dull kind of lingering throb?
>>
>>35739149
Could just be long term wear and tear on the shoulder tendons, and/or your form was bad. Look at Alan Thralls video on bar path during bench press. Also tough shit but you're going to need to give it at least a week or two to recover anyhow.

>>35739186
Do mobility work and stretches. Hips, quads, ankles. Long as you're not hurting during squats it shouldn't be that bad.

>>35739355
You're not going hard enough. Less rest between sets and/or heavier weight. You should be tired and exhausted whilst being able to recover and go about the rest of your day after shower and food.

>>35739691
Practicing form and technique.
>>
>>35741478
Above. Ur gonna make it.

>>35741659
no

>>35743904
yes
>>
File: bret gibbs looking worried.jpg (3 KB, 105x125) Image search: [Google]
bret gibbs looking worried.jpg
3 KB, 105x125
How many calories would I need if I lift weights 5 days a week for an hour with a moderately light office job? F, 5'6", 120lb. I used a half dozen calorie calculator sites and it ranges from 1150 to 2306 calories a day. TDEECalculator.net has 1,962. Why are they so different? I thought calorie calculators were based on math?
>>
>>35741802
With bodyweight exercises, I always like to do the last set to failure, especially if it's my last set of the day.

>>35742627
Ebay

>>35743887
https://symmetricstrength.com/standards#/
http://www.strengthstandards.co/#/
:^)
>>
>>35744121
>https://symmetricstrength.com/standards#/
>http://www.strengthstandards.co/#/
Thanks.
>>
For SS, SL and Reg Park Beginner routine, OHP and Bench are done on just one day each.

Is that really enough to work you shoulders and chest?
>>
>>35744094
depends a lot on genetics and actual activity level, among other things - basically everyone's different, even at the same stats. The best way to go is start with an average of the calculators you tried, take that as a starting point, and then increase or decrease caloric intake based on results. So if you're trying to gain weight and you don't for 2 weeks or something eating at what a calculator recommends, then increase caloric intake from there.
>>
>>35739161
>put oven on
>take sweet potato
>prick holes with fork
>put in microwave 10mins
>cut in half
>put in oven 5 mins
>perfect
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (146 KB, 496x496) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
146 KB, 496x496
I'm 250lbs / 113kg, 6ft 3" // 1.9m, I'm almost entirely a fatty fat with not a whole lot of muscle.

I've got access to a gym with cardio stuff (bike, rowing machine) and lots of weights stuff but only for ~50-60 minutes a day unfortunately. I'm inflexible as shit so squats seem to be out of the equation.

I just want to get rid of my fat, I'm tired of looking and feeling like shit and want to change before I die from heart disease and/or diabeetus.

I don't eat fast food, nor drink fizzy drinks and rarely alcohol. I just over eat on most of my meals. I'm taking steps to really try and hit 1500kcal per day but being in fulltime education stifles my abilities to pick and choose what to eat.

So my question; what are some good cheap snacks that are low calories and not shit for you that I can just pick up in any store?

Is cardio good enough for fat loss and should I even dare to buy 'protein milk (low fat)' and lift to try and retain my muscle as I try to lose fat or should my intake of meat (most of my dinners contain meat) be sufficient?

I've read the fucking sticky but just want another confirmation.
>>
>>35744531
Thankya. The calorie app I have puts 2000cal with my stats (granted it's more for weight loss than gain). I'm just worried that I will lose weight before I catch that I need more.

>http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=you_asked_how_many_calories_does_strength_training_burn
>a general 30-minute strength training session burns an average of 90 calories (180 calories per hour) for a 125-pound person,

Does this sound about right? I think I'll aim for about 2200cal/day to offset the gym.
>>
What exercises can I do to increase hip stability? I've got hypermobile joints so I feel kinda unstable doing any leg exercises as I can go way too deep on squats or move my joints the way they're not supposed to move without even noticing as it doesn't hurt.
>>
>>35744845
I have a weak hip side and what I do is one legged hip thrusts, single leg romanian dead lifts and single leg squats. I also have a practice day at the gym where I go light on the weight but really deep on my squats (essentially my thighs hit my calves and I can't go any deeper).
>>
>>35735016
2 things:
1) How often should I was my water bottle? I often put if off since they're hard to wash without having a tasteable amount of the fucking washing-up liquid left in the bottle.
2) I've been rereading the sticky, it recommends "most turkey and chicken in general, especially if it is skinless. Turkey and chicken breasts especially." what's so bad about the skin? And why would I take a breast as opposed to a whole chicken?
>>
>>35745188
Skin is where the fat is, buddy.
>>
>>35745275
But don't you need to eat some fat anyway?
>>
>>35745188
>1) How often should I was my water bottle? I often put if off since they're hard to wash without having a tasteable amount of the fucking washing-up liquid left in the bottle.

Wash with hot soapy water and then rinse with cold water. The cold water will stop the soap from sudsing and it'll be easier to rinse. You can also put some vinegar in it with water and let it sit. I put my lid upside down on top, so that the nozzle that I drink out of is in the vinegar water.

>2) I've been rereading the sticky, it recommends "most turkey and chicken in general, especially if it is skinless. Turkey and chicken breasts especially." what's so bad about the skin? And why would I take a breast as opposed to a whole chicken?
Skin has a bit more calories and I'm guessing most people here are on the fat-obese range so fewer calories the better. Me? I'm forever Auschwitz mode, so I like the skin. Yes, you need fat, but again, I think the sticky is aimed mostly at Ameriburgers.
>>
Hey guys does anyone here have some sources/proof that sugar lowers testosterone?
>>
>>35745275
>>35745374
Thanks guys, what about the whole breast vs whole chicken thing?
>>
File: a4PnxyB.jpg (315 KB, 1280x812) Image search: [Google]
a4PnxyB.jpg
315 KB, 1280x812
I started lifting with SL 5x5 at the beginning of December and I've been loving it. Lifting is one of my favorite parts of the week and I want to do it more. Is there anything else I can do on top of the basic workout without harming my other lifts? Bear in mind I'm still weak as fuck.
>>
>>35745412
Well, Mehdi suggests dips and pullups. Try those.
>>
>>35745436
I can't do pullups and I doubt I can do dips.
>>
>>35745447
I would suggest the treadmill then.
>>
>>35745462
>without harming my other lifts?
I know cardio killing your gains is controversial, but I'm 6'2" 180lbs trying to gain weight.
>>
>>35745410
>whole breast vs whole chicken thing?

I think it boils back down to fat and calories. Whole chicken will have dark meat and more fat and gristle than just the boob. I know that chicken skin is just about 30calories more than skinless, but if you're Ameriburger, it adds up. I would suggest knowing the differences in fat content and adjust your diet accordingly. Most Ameriburgers don't understand that; they think a salad smothered in ranch dressing is healthy. I'd look at the nutritional content in both and then make an informed decision based on your goals. (Whole roast chicken at the store will be different to if you dress and roast it yourself.)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/555115-fat-in-whole-chicken-vs-chicken-breast/
http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-chicken000000000000000000000.html
>>
>>35745555
I respect your answer, and your quads. Thanks, godly anon.
>>
Hi /fit/.. So here's the thing.. Been lifting for a bit now and trying to eat based on gut feeling but healthily and plenty of proton.. The reason I'd really rather not count calories is because of how I had an eating disorder. So I'm 178 cm tall and like some time ago or so I was around 54 kg.. when I went to a sauna place two days ago that had a scale, it showed almost 61.2 kg.. ( Though I admit I drank a lot and was constipated too) I'm a bit worried I'm just making fat gains and eating too much or something.. Though I can definitely see improvement in my arms, which used to be linear, but now there is visible muscle there.. Should I keep doing what I've been doing or try to eat less maybe and keep lifting..? Goal is to build some muscle and be strong and strong-looking. Any input would be appreciated and I know it's a pretty dumb thing overall.. Sorry
>>
Where is the best place to buy a 5ft oly barbell anons? I have limited space at home.
I'm in the UK by the way.
>>
Was introduced to macros and now i'm stressing trying to hit them all and I worry when I go over or slightly under and have no clue what to do to even it out or increase categories i'm short on without raising the other.
>>
Why are bulk/cut cycles supposed to last a year?
Why can't I bulk one week, cut the next, to build lean muscle?
>>
>>35745844
Is there a question in there somewhere?
Just make sure you eat at least 1.7g protein per kg lean body mass, and eat a normal diet of unprocessed food otherwise. Avoid processed sugar.
>>
hey guys, following a tabata routine from a plan.
Problem is:
I have no sturdy enough table to do a classic pushup from with hands hip height.
Wall pushup then?
>>
File: Swedish Rune Drage text.jpg (353 KB, 1600x989) Image search: [Google]
Swedish Rune Drage text.jpg
353 KB, 1600x989
I wanna get a tattoo. But I don't know my motivation for getting it. Is it to look cool in the eyes of others? Of course it shouldn't be my reason, but subconsciously, is it? How do I know if I do it for myself or for others??
>>
>>35746061
My problem is that i'm struggling to hit my fat/protein without my carbs going over.
>>
Alright I'm fucking bored of SS after doing it for 7 months, my lifts are mediocre so I can't really move onto an intermediate routine. Should I do ICF 5x5 for a while or a 3 day split?
>>
When OHPing, does a rep count if it lacks explosiveness and one really struggles to press the weight overhead and the head through window? Or in other words, how necessary is the explosive factor of the OHP?
>>
>>35746082
Don't worry about fat or carbs too much.
If you can't hit protein without going over your calory budget, consider shakes, or clean up your diet. Don't fall for the 1g/lb bodyweight meme.
>>
File: Snapchat-7500271188754485192.jpg (580 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7500271188754485192.jpg
580 KB, 1440x2560
Will my inner chest fill out when I add more mass?
>>
>>35746129
If you get the weight up straight, in one fluid motion, with good form, it counts.
>>
>>35746134
Thanks.
>>
>>35746147
Cheers.
>>
>>35746138
Your chest is your chest there is no "inner chest"
>>
So I'm cutting and i just started taking Zoloft for depression/mild anxiety. It's side effects include weight gain. Read some reviews and some said they maintained the same level of activity/ same diet and they gained weight. Is it fucking possible or are they just retarded ?
>>
>>35746076
Find out what you want to do, then do it.
This is the secret to a happy life in general, by the way.
>>
>>35746124
Try https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength
>>
>>35746068
Wall pushup is fine.
If it's too easy, do pushups on the floor on your knees.
Or use a window sill.
>>
>>35746167
No shit thats no what im asking
>>
I went to my cardiologist and he said that i am at the limits of normal blood pressure but i am too young (22) to suggest
medication, he said that i should change my diet and exercise, what kind of exercise should i do for high blood pressure?
>>
>>35745667
Keep doing what you're doing.
You're underweight.
As long as your lifts are going up and your weight is going up, you're fine.
Reconsider your routine/diet once you stall, or you hit 80kg.
>>
File: 1360612755909.jpg (83 KB, 608x800) Image search: [Google]
1360612755909.jpg
83 KB, 608x800
>>35746234
Ah 5/3/1, I'll give this a go thanks mayne
>>
>>35744704
You're still asking the wrong questions.
Snacks aren't necessary at all. Eat 3 square meals. Neither cardio nor lifting are necessary for weight loss. But they help a lot, and lifting makes the difference between looking healthy once you're thin, and looking like an empty bag.

Count your calories, and derive pleasure from something other than food until you've formed healthier habits.
>>
>>35744472
yes
>>
>>35746268
Learn to control your breathing and start doing some yoga if you're lazy but primarily low intensity cardio like jogging/biking at a low-moderate pace
>>
>>35746268
Cardio
>>
>>35739161
They take longer than that. I leave them in the oven for a good hour, check up on them regularly after ~45min depending on how thin I cut them.

I also use higher temp (180-200 depending on oven), pre-heated.

Having said this, my sister just plates them into the microwave on grill mode and they're also very good. Crispier.
>>
>>35746346
And as for the protein question?

I've not got much time in the mornings so fixing a breakfast can be a real pain at best so I need to find something readily available that is healthy and cheap.
>>
>>35746396
If something is marketed as "protein milk (low fat), don't buy it. For breakfast, the fastest option is oats+milk. If you have 5 minutes, you can put oats, water, cocoa powder (without added sugar) and cinnamon in a pot and heat it.
Or eat a slice of whole grain bread with cottage cheese.
>>
>>35746396
oats
>>
>>35746373
>>35746377
Alright thanks, i'll look into cardio.
>>
>>35740670
There's this huge, super cool guy at my gym I call megaquads. Then there's this perfect girl who seemingly trains alone and who I've been crushing on during workouts.

Couple weeks back they started talking and doing some lifting together. Fuck everything.

Moral of the story: don't be me, be megaquads. Go do an exercise next to her and offer to spot her or some shit it looks like she might be struggling.

Then again, what do I know.
>>
What is /fit/'s opinion on using peanut butter as a means of getting in extra protein and/or calories?
For instance, adding peanut butter to celery or apples as a snack.
>>
>>35740718
15% isn't Auschwitz, it's normal bf. 26% is man the harpoons though.
>>
>>35746396
Pour a tablespoon or two of oil in a frying pan and turn it to medium then go brush your teeth or whatever. When you come back it should be hot enough. Crack how ever many eggs you want in there and break them up and scramble them with a spatula. They should take literally no more than a minute to be done cooking. Put the eggs in a tupperware or on a plate and eat them plain or put something on them, I like to use avocado and salsa.
>>
>>35746373
>yoga if you're lazy
If you're doing it properly it is just as challenging and intensive as other forms of cardio, also lots of bodyweight lifting-like exercises.
>>
How much can I gain from just using dumbbells? I can't afford to go to a gym right now. Been working out for a month and haven't really noticed much, if any growth. Max weight I have is 15lb per dumbbell (already using).
>>
>>35746493
Sure.
Just... with celery?
>>
>>35746537
>bodyweight lifting-like exercises
Wouldn't that make my blood pressure worse? i have no idea mind you but i heard that straining too much
will make my blood pressure worse, iam determined to get fit but i mainly want to get healthy, i cut coffee and salt cold turkey for some months now
but i don't know what kind of exercises to do.
>>
What do you think of alternating weightlifting days and calisthenics days? Like ABABABx.
>>
>>35746569
>he's never had ants on a log
Don't hate, appreciate.
>>
>>35746548
>I can't afford to go to a gym right now.
Re-evaluate your life choices.
>>
How do sumo wrestlers train for strength? I've yet so see a video of sumo wrestleres actually doing anything other than wrestle. Is that all they do to get stronger?
>>
>>35746619
Sorry for being a filthy college student.
>>
>>35746548
You're gaining 100% more than if you weren't doing anything.

http://www.startbodyweight.com
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rudy6.htm
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/planet14.htm
>>
>>35746601
If you're doing calisthenics right, they are an alternative to weightlifting, not an accessory.
>>
File: 1443606374686.jpg (16 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1443606374686.jpg
16 KB, 480x480
WHY HAVENT THE NYRs LEFT YET
>>
>>35746631
Find some area in your life where you can save 33 cents a day, then get a Planet Fitness membership.
>>
>>35746643
Don't knock those trying to make it.
>>
I feel like I'm throwing my hips too far backwards when I squat and it's causing me to arch excessively. How do I fix this while still keeping my knees from going too far forward?
>>
>>35746635
Should I just lift six days a week then? I'm at 3 now and want to train my body more but am afraid of overextending with the weights.
>>
Everyone I know claims I am on steroids, I keep telling them I'm not, they say I am lying, but they have no proof I am lying, they have NO REASON to believe I am taking steroids. How do I better convince them I am not on steroids? Shit pisses me the fuck off.
>>
>>35746659
Straighten your back.
Imagine a string pulling on the crown of your head.
>>
>>35746684
Find some other area in life to improve with the time you have.
If you hit all muscle groups 3x/week, eat right and sleep enough, you can't progress faster by training more.
>>
>>35746586
Don't know about that specifically.
Yoga is very individual though, you can and should do different things in a way that fits your limits.
Seriously, its healthy.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22517349
>>
>>35746631
victimization 101

unless you're handicapped you can work a part time a few days a week

even if you don't there is for sure shit you can cut out of your day, some gyms are piss cheap
>>
It's been one year since I started SL.

My ORM are at:
OHP: 130
Bench: 205
Squat: 280
DL: 330

I'm considering moving onto a 4-day split. My routine is as follows:

A: Pull
3x5 Pull Ups
3x5 Bent Over Rows
3x5 Chin Ups

B: Push
3x5 Bench Press
3x5 OHP
3x5 Incline Bench

C: Legs
3x5 Lowbar Squat
3x5 Front Squat
3x5 Dumbell Lunges

D: Full Body
1x5 Deadlifts
3x8 DB Bench Press
3x8 DB OHP
3x8 Lat Pulldowns
3x8 Cable Rows
3x8 Highbar Squats

ABCxDxx

Is this an OK jump, or is this too much?
>>
>>35746687
Take a picture of your balls and show them to them. Or better yet, pull your pants down, shove their face into your balls and watch as they get shocked because they were wrong
>>
>>35747006
this desu
>>
Looking for help from the health side of fit.

My middle and ring finger feel extremely sore when I bend them. Worked out yesterday but didn't feel it til I woke up today.

What is? What do?
>>
So im using some protein powder that out of date, its not doing anything funny to my guts which is a relief, but does the protein content degrade over time?

Like should i be going for a couple of scoops instead on just the one?
>>
>>35746914
Why such volume discrepancy between ABC and D?
>>
>>35747173
I figure one day dedicated to hypertrophy.
>>
>>35746862
Probably. I've never had a job and I'm intimidated by gyms. Doesn't mean I don't want to get strong.
>>
What's a good sport to do beside lifting? Just lifting gets boring at times.
>>
Bit of a weird topic but has anyone read Dr John Sarno's book "Healing Back Pain"?

I had months of sciatica and a bulging disc but 80% of my pain went away just from the mental relief of reading the first few pages of the book.

It's basically how anxiety, anger, etc, psychological worries could lead you to back pain.

Not trying to be a shill (you can find the pdf online) but was wondering if anyone had the same results.

Fuck me i'm relieved
>>
Anything I could do to grow bigger, meatier hands?
Rock climbing would hit the wrists a bunch, and hands a bit, but I'm living in the Midwest with a lot of fields and no mountains so I'm looking for isolation stuff to do in the gym.
>>
i know there are 2 popular rep&set routine: 5x5 and 3x8-10

i wanted to know ur opinion about 4x8, is it good? is it combination of strentg and asethics?
>>
File: 1450852799870.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450852799870.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
Will i ever get rid of gyno? One tit is bigger than the other
>>
>>35747367
>One tit is bigger than the other
yeah same here only I'm a female
right tit be killing it while my left is this sad little shit
>>
>>35747242
4x6
>>
I'm 5'7 and 177 pounds. Should I lift while I lose weight? I don't really have any muscle mass to lose anyway.
>>
>>35747189
I don't know enough about PPLF splits to be giving you very specific advice, but I'd say volume is a bit too low for ABC.

By increasing to 4 days and splitting work, you can vary and better hit certain areas. For example add some DL and calf variant to C, such as RDL/SLDL/Snatch DL and calf raises.

It's understandable to want to add some hypertrophy for someone coming out of SS, but it's not very viable to do it on one isolated day of a 4-day plan.
>>
File: ZeCRm.jpg (495 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ZeCRm.jpg
495 KB, 1920x1080
6'2"/194lb/18%

Do I keep bulking or should I start my summer cut now?

tfw DYEL as fuck
>>
>>35747455
yeah that was a typo, i meant 4x6.
is it good? have u ever try it or know one who have tried it?
>>
>>35747213
Today's as good as any other in order to move forward then.

Ask friends who work part times about how they got into it, and start calling and writing people up. Try to land something, even if it's just an afternoon handing out shit at some conference hall.

>I'm intimidated by gyms

Why? No one at any gym I've ever frequented gives a flying fuck about what other people are doing.
>>
There's no gyms near where I live and this I can't justify the cost of travel to get to one.

But I'm looking at multi gyms to put in my spare room. Are these things any good for getting a decent physique at home?
It's 55kg max
>>
File: 1448919226172.jpg (79 KB, 780x1040) Image search: [Google]
1448919226172.jpg
79 KB, 780x1040
Is there a ghetto way to set up for hyperextensions and 45 degree Decline bench weighted situps without buying the equipment for those two exercises? Or do i need to buy a decent bench for them?
>>
>>35747602
Buy a power rack, a flat bench, a good barbell and free wights.
>>
>>35735016
How to tell if i'm ready to move up my weights up?
>>
>>35735185
Run a 1100cal daily deficit and you will lose 1kg a week. You have five weeks so about five kilos.
>>
What's the best way to eat eggs?

Hard-boiled, Scrambled, Poached, Fried or Raw, or possible an Omelette?
>>
Is it bad to do cardio or other exercise when you can feel that your body is stressed? I don't know if it will make me feel better or worse. But I have a feeling it will wear me down more than help me out
>>
>>35744704
Fruit. Grapes are god tier - 50 grapes is about 75 kcal. Other fruits are good as well but make sure but caloric density varies. All fruits are high satiety though.
>>
>>35747998
i like hardboiled the most i found its the easiest and fastest way to get them down in 2 bites
>>
>>35747998
There really is a world of difference in taste and texture when comparing those, so that one is up to you.

As for practicability, hardboiled is the obvious choice since it doesn't require attention or cleaning. No I'm not counting raw, shit's disgusting.
>>
>>35735016
Guys I started working out last week. I did back and bi's on Thursday. My tendon at the bottom of my left arm hurts like a mofo. I can't extend my bicep beyond alittle over 90 degrees. How long will this last? Should I get it checked out?
>>
is 3200cal bulking enough for a 6'5 male doing a PPL routine? I bulked at 3500 on SS, got fat, then cut down
>>
>>35748063
I go lightweight, work on my form and try new things when I'm not feeling 100%.
>>
>>35747684
>How to tell if i'm ready to move up my weights up?
Move you weights up and if your form remains intact, then you're ready to level up.
>>
Do you stop growing in height if you lift more than your weight
>>
File: hawkeye.jpg (63 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
hawkeye.jpg
63 KB, 500x333
>>35749381
>>
File: nazideathmachine.gif (3 MB, 275x298) Image search: [Google]
nazideathmachine.gif
3 MB, 275x298
>>35749118
Please /fit/ help.
>>
>>35740236
Press is overhead press, Bench press is well bench press...
>>
I'm switching to SS from SL, but my gym has a relatively hard floor, no blocks, and only iron plates. What should I do for power cleans, as I can't drop these weights, and I have to start from the floor?

Also, I have no idea what weight I should be starting off with for them. Should I just go with what I can press? I know I won't be pressing it though.
>>
File: Big gut.jpg (296 KB, 2306x2048) Image search: [Google]
Big gut.jpg
296 KB, 2306x2048
hey /fit/

Is this normal?

When i relax my abs completely it looks like im 3 months pregnant. Do I need more cardio? I wonder if I ever look like this with my shirt off, like if I ever just chill with my abs totally relaxed. I know the normal is to have them slightly flexed, but look at my side profile like this scared me.

Should I lay off the protein shakes?
>>
I've been cutting around -1000kcal for the last couple months, my program has a max test this week. Should I eat at maintenance or so for the next couple of days to prep myself?

I'm just worried it'll set me back weight wise..
>>
>>35749118
How long are we talking? Soreness past 4 days would concern me. Have you been drinking enough water?
>>
>>35749863
strengthen your abs by doing planks, stretch your hip flexors and especially your psoas and lower back, and strengthen your glutes and hamstrings
>>
File: 2016-01-04_22-47-28.png (240 KB, 328x637) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04_22-47-28.png
240 KB, 328x637
>>35749863
i have the same issue

did you do gomad like me for 3 months as well?
>>
>>35749885

Yeah I drink alot of water. Its almost like a tendon issue and not a soreness issue. It was the first time I did anything strenuous in like a year and a half though.
>>
File: PeriodicTable.jpg (331 KB, 1450x1121) Image search: [Google]
PeriodicTable.jpg
331 KB, 1450x1121
>>35735016
better periodic table
>>
I squat as much as my bench, which is around my bodyweight. Rows and cleans are also equal to BW. I can deadlift 2xBW easily and linearly progressing on it.

Why can't I squat more than my bodyweight? It's like an invisible force takes all strength from my knees and pelvis region when I'm squatting.
>>
>>35749937
fuck idk man. I've been eating a lot and drinking whole milk protein shakes. I work out very hard.

I think I have posture issues since I spend a lot of my time working at a computer. Fuck

>>35749863
>>35749909
Can you give me some exercises to help correct this?
>>
>>35749953
Because your form is shit. Post a video of you squatting.
>>
>>35749863
Yes, it's normal. Your abs keep your guts in.
>>
>>35735016
What's with the names of the new elements?
>Euphorium
Kek
>>
I've been training with Greyskull LP for a while and my lifts are:

squat 3x5 102.5kg /226lbs
bench 3x5 70kg / 154lbs (total shit I know)
ohp 3x5 53.5kg / 118lbs
deadlift 1x3 maxed at 142.5kg / 314lbs (deloaded now to work on form)

Am I ready to jump into something like Texas Method? what would be the best course of action for me assuming I want to keep getting stronger?

I liked the upper body approach of Greyskull LP
>>
How important is the 1rm 1pl8 press, 2pl8 bench, 3pl8 squat, 4pl8 deadlift strength benchmark? Would hitting those lifts be considered intermediate or advanced level? (i.e. would you consider that to be impressive compared to the vast majority of DYEL's on here god knows most faggots on this board are weak af)
>>
What are good forearm exercises?
>>
File: fedora.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>35750162
>euphorium
>>
>>35735016

ooh I have one, when is somebody going to fix the shitload of dead links in the sticky?
>>
File: 1445434956001.jpg (460 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1445434956001.jpg
460 KB, 1024x768
How do I cut sugar out of my diet?
>>
Have stretch marks on my back and I'm not swole so I'm self conscious of them. Going to the beach tomorrow, anything I can do to make them less noticeable? I never take my shirt off around people ;-;
>>
>>35750424
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/2/muscle/forearms
Click on "Rating" to have it shown by top rated instead of alphabetically.

>>35750551
Stop eating processed foods. Start eating foods you can find on the outside aisles of the grocery store: vegetables and meats.

>>35750601
You're likely the only person to notice them. Everyone has fears about their body. Just go out and be confident and no one will care.
>>
File: prince.gif (251 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
prince.gif
251 KB, 200x200
How does one recover from a gym fail? Story time.

>In Gym near closing time
>Currently doing box squats with 2.5 plate. >Cute cardio bunnies beside me doing some bullshit but really just checking other dudes out.
>As I unrack the bar and line my feet up to the box, i go down for one squat, stumble a bit and almost eat shit.
>Embarrassed as fuck I decided to just continue on with the weight and rep out like 15 to show it wasnt too heavy.
.When I re racked it the cardio bunnies and a few regulars were kind of just looking on and staring a bit.
> I kinda just made a face (pic related) and stared at my feet as I rested for my next set.

What do you guys do when you fuck up and people clearly see you fucked up. I mean I know a shouldnt care....but I dont wanna be known as that guy.
>>
>>35751563
You did fine Anon. You didn't eat shit, you managed to finish your set. We all fuck up, see: >>35750425

Water off a duck's back.
>>
Is 1/2/3/4 plate a good goal to set if I recently started SS?

If not, what is?
If yes, how long should I expect it to take? I think the squat will be the hardest part for me when I am near there but who knows
>>
>>35751802

Its worth a shot.

Tying yourself to particular arbitrary weight goals can be a bit of a pain though. Too many variables that can effect progress (also people tend to get wound up in hitting a particular number rather than just getting stronger, which is a hindrance in the long run).
>>
File: Weighted-Pull-up.jpg (34 KB, 168x250) Image search: [Google]
Weighted-Pull-up.jpg
34 KB, 168x250
>>35751802
A good long term goal, yes. For short term goals, try:
https://symmetricstrength.com/standards#/

>My Question
When I do these, I'm quite angular. I pull my chest up to the bar but my hips and legs are not underneath me, rather in front of me. Does this need to be corrected, or is this okay?
>>
File: image.jpg (912 KB, 2444x3191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
912 KB, 2444x3191
Do I look like I lift in clothes
>>
I'm eating at a deficit to lose fat. I've lost about 30 so far, have about 20 more to go before I'm not fat anymore and can start officially bulking.

Is Starting Strength a good way to go, or should I not be doing that until I get to that bulk phase?
>>
>>35751858
no
>>
>>35751858
nope
>>
>>35751858
Not really. Get form fitting clothes. Don't go super tight because it'll be too try hard.

http://www.menshealth.com/style/look-more-muscular
>>
>>35751915
>menshealth
>>
Are gyms a scam?
They charge me 440€ a year and I would guess you could just buy a a barbell and some dumbbells with that.
>>
>>35752007
>Hawaiian guppy breeders forum
>>
File: 1441319760510.jpg (255 KB, 482x700) Image search: [Google]
1441319760510.jpg
255 KB, 482x700
>>35752025
>Are gyms a scam?
Some are, some are not. You can certainly invest what you would pay for a gym membership into a home gym. Home gym benefits are that you can lift whenever you want, in whatever you want. Downsides are space, or if you need to move. I enjoy going to the gym because it gets me out of the house, I get to socialize and increase my knowledge by talking to the huge regs that go there. I also get a wider variety of equipment. However, working out in the nude is really enjoyable.
>>
>>35752025
The equipment you use throughout a year at the gym would cost you thousands. You make a handful of good friends throughout the years in gyms. You have free showers. You can get spotting.

You get out of your basement by the way.
>>
>>35752025

You could argue that some are, in the sense that they hope you sign up, pay dues, and then never show up. (e.g. Planet Fitness.)

I actually have some stuff at home, a cheap bench, barbell, dumbbells, etc. which I don't use. I do go to the gym, though, because they have a wider variety of equipment than I could ever keep in my home.

Plus, it's hard to explain but I'm more focused when I'm at the gym. I can put in a good, solid 2 hours at the gym, but when I'm at home I'm too easily distracted and quit before I really get a good, full workout.

I'm probably going to just get rid of the stuff I have at home.
>>
>>35751915
>>35751874
>>35751908
Aight, not all that interested in v-necks and dressing to show off physique, rather make my physique make my clothes fit the best. /fa/g here
Thanks for the link though bro
>>
File: 1406524114287.jpg (1 MB, 3740x2840) Image search: [Google]
1406524114287.jpg
1 MB, 3740x2840
QUESTION:

I'm doing a routine that has me to do squats and leg press the same day. Isn't it a bit redundant since it's pretty much the same muscle group working?

Also, What's a good alternative to standing leg curls that I can do without the machine? I only have free weights.
>>
So I've got what I think is two wisdom teeth coming in simultaneously. My upper right, and bottom left. Upper right is only mildly sore, but bottom left is killing me right now. I keep accidentally biting my gum surrounding the bottom left wisdom tooth because it is swollen.

What can I do to reduce the gum swelling and alleviate some of the pain?
I'm not going to see a dentist unless something goes wrong.
>>
>>35752170
no leg press is great for getting a good pump in your legs and really wearing them and breaking down the muscle. Because the leg press doesnt wear you down mentally as much as squats. You should be doing more then one quad exercise anyways.
>>
>>35752231
Thanks anon. The thing is, I don't have a machine to do leg press.

Is there an alternative that I can do with free weights? A squats variation perhaps?
>>
>>35752199
Dude the longer you wait the worse it'll get, see a dentist asap. Wisdom teeth can fuck you up, don't take this lightly
>>
File: bars.jpg (23 KB, 952x328) Image search: [Google]
bars.jpg
23 KB, 952x328
Enlighten me on the advantages/disadvantages of different bar shapes.
I'm new to weightlifting, trying to establish a home gym to do some basic shit like SS
>>
File: 1443993975035.png (38 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
1443993975035.png
38 KB, 500x419
I'm a 6'3 ectomorph though my physical is naturally not too bad and I even have an alright body leftover from lifting and playing a lot of sports in highschool. Still out of shape as fuck though and I haven't worked out in years.

How long will it take me to get natty? Can I start being natty in a month? So far I've lifted for one week and I look 5x more muscular than just a week and a half ago when I started.

Also I've been feeling really emotional lately (I'm a man), a sort of melancholia, mostly just rooted in loneliness I'm guessing. Is there a chance that purposefully going from 0 to hypertrophy mode is stimulating so much hormone production I'm having random feels? Anyone have any experience with this?
>>
During overhead press my core allways gives out and my lower back ends up bending what should i do to fix this?
>>
How do I get swole biceps.
What sort of routine should I be doing?
>>
what should i tell my mom to cook me
>>
Do I count my milk consumption toward the gallon of water a day for creatine?
>>
>>35752497
Do planks, L-Sits, back bridges and wall handstands as accessories.
>>
>>35752199
You've got swelling, you're in pain, it's killing you right now and you can't bite properly.

What else needs to happen for you to say something went wrong?
>>
>>35752470
Lifting has helped me tremendously with my emotions, but it's more an integrity thing than a hormonal one. Of course the hormonal thing is real and it's nice, but the big difference comes in proving to yourself that you are capable of doing good things, growing stronger and being good to yourself
>>
>>35751861
If you're cutting, you're not doing Starting Strength.
The routine involves eating at a surplus, in order to make the linear progression which is at the core of the routine.
You can however do the exercises that make up SS to get a proper full body workout while you cut. Just don't call it SS, and you're on your own when it comes to progression steps.
>>
>>35735016
Hey, What i found that helps is flexing the muscles before and during the lift. I have weak glutes and hammies so i flex them throughout really fucking hard. If I dont flex them hard enough my hip flexors take some of the load so that may help.
>>
>>35741027
eyy sup clone. Same insertions. Cant wait till my pecs get big enough that I can wear those slim fit sweatshirts that outline your pecs. It just looks like one nipple sticks out now.
>>
>>35745498
Doing some cardio after a workout isnt going to kill you. Just adjust your calories accordingly. In fact the cardio will help you so you dont feel like your about to have a stroke mid-workout.
>>
>>35752514
Read the sticky
>>
>>35752676
I've got a 4/3/2/1 for reps at 95kg, and really girly biceps.
>>
>>35752712
>4/3/2/1

Unless that's a 2 plate chin up, you're not doing much for your biceps.
>>
>>35752577
I don't mind the pain really, it's more of I want to prevent infection and shit.
I intend to just let the wisdom teeth come in without seeing dentist because it feels like they're coming in correctly (for the most part).
>>
>>35752514
Let me save you a couple of years of frustration and spinning your wheels.
Getting big arms isn't really about what routine you do. Getting big arms is achieved through progressive overload just like everything else. It honestly doesn't matter much if you do 4 sets or 16 sets - What matters is that you strive to improve your performance over time. More reps, more weight, less rest etc.

That said I recommend you don't neglect any of the elbow flexors. Train your brachialis and brachioradialis as well as your biceps. Do this by varying grip between pronated, neutral and supinated position. Not necessarily in the same session, but over time at least.
>>
how does fapping fuck up your test?
>>
>>35753058
It doesn't.
>>
Where do I download SS for free?
>>
Who do I see about my shit posture?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.