[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Decide I wanted to be stronger >started lifting in May
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: sweating_chick.png (44 KB, 230x295) Image search: [Google]
sweating_chick.png
44 KB, 230x295
>Decide I wanted to be stronger
>started lifting in May
>skellymode as fuck (6'3, 145 pounds)
>Do SS+GOMAD, get a legit strength coach not some PT to show me the lifts
>talking 10+ years as a strength coach and a masters in exercise science
>eat 220+g protein a day
>never skip gym
>Be now
>Weak as shit
>3x5 stats: 225 squat, 125 bench, 82 The Press, 250 Diddylift, 110 power clean
>still can't do a single pullup
>Got fat, gained 75 pounds
>barely any visible muscle
>used to pull qts
>now just fat bitches
>mfw

Thanks /fit/. Should I just off myself for being such a genetic failure?
>>
Cut lmao
>>
You're a meme, Harry
>>
>82 The Press

>eighty to The Press

who's The Press and why are you paying him so much money every time you lift? is he a big guy bullying you in the gym?
>>
How the fuck do you gain 75 pounds in 8 months and never once stop to wonder if what you're doing is right.
>>
SS is retarded

GOMAD is retarded

The author of that exercise program and diet is retarded and never looked good in his life.

You're retarded for eating 220g of protein a day.

You're further retarded for not lean bulking.

It has nothing to do with genes. You're just a really dumb piece of shit, who also probably shits too much because he's on GOMAD, like a dumb piece of shit would be.
>>
>>35732149

Thanks for confirming the mystery about SS and GOMAD. I always see that people say it's a meme whilst others deny it but you're living proof that neither work, so they're certainly things that I'll avoid.
>>
>>35732198
I got slightly stronger over that period of time. The first few weeks were great, got the linear progression going. At about 185 on squats I just hit a plateau. Ate more, got some more weight on. I'm fat as fuck now and I want to be stronger, but I'm just going to be a failure at it.
>>
>>35732204
>The author of that exercise program and diet is retarded and never looked good in his life.
Nice ad hominem. I do agree OP is an idiot for doing SS and GOMAD without reading the book. It clearly tells you that GOMAD is for skellies. And you shouldn't be on pure SS after 8 months of lifting.
>>
>>35732279
I did read the book. I was 145 at 6'3 when I started. Pretty skellymode. I have pics of then and now, old pic is on old phone, getting it.
>>
>>35732149
>strength coach
What the fuck? I started lifting around may too without some shitty coach, got slightly higher lifts than you and didnt gain 75 fucking pounds. It hurts to write this.
My lifts went to binch 185×3, squot 245×3 atg, amd didlylift 275×3 and i never train powercleans but was able to do 155 easily
You probably thought your coach will do all the fucking work for you since hes so "certified" so you didnt push yourself.
>>
>>35732279
Again, Rippletits is a retard. That's dumb nutritional advice for anyone and he would be laughed out of a doctor's office for suggesting it.

Only you fitness community homosexuals would warm up to such idiotic ideas.
>>
>>35732243
>220 grams a day
Why the fuck? You weighed 145 the most you should have ate was 160.
>>
>>35732149
Pics or it's all bullshit.

I've been on and off ICF 5x5 for three months now and I've seen some gains (DL 225 Bench 150), even tho I'm 6'5 and I drink regularly.

I doubt very much you've done your homework correctly, else you'd have better gains, at least in strength.
>>
>>35732149
>genetic failure

Topkekm80

Should have switched routines after the first month or two.
>>
>>35732306
They did no work, they just told me how to do my form. I don't use them anymore, only used them for the first month or so to teach me the lifts. They own the gym I go to and I didn't learn from them at first, but I was about to head to snap city before they stopped me and taught me how to squat. Then I hired him for a few sessions to get all of it down. I don't use him anymore.
>>
>>35732279
Its not ad hominem to say that someone giving advice about lifting should actually lift.
>>
>>35732364
>oy vey thats not how you squot
>with my help you will squat perfectly
>>
>>35732347
Getting pics. Before pic is on my old phone which I'm charging now so it will turn on.
>>
You're meant to change routine when you linear progression stops.
You overate.
You probably have stress or bad sleep or something other that's messed stuff up.
please
>>
before pic
>>
after
>>
>>35732149
you did GOMAD and now you're mad at the obvious outcome, grats
>>
>>35732537
drop the powerlifting bullshit and pick up a bodybuilding routine
>>
>>35732518
>>35732537
reverse progress
>>
>>35732517
Little stress, changed careers in the time, and my sleep schedule is trash sometimes.

I don't know a better routine though. Guess I'll roll the dice at the sticky again.
>>
File: perfect.jpg (40 KB, 300x292) Image search: [Google]
perfect.jpg
40 KB, 300x292
>>35732537
>>
>>35732149
weeaboos blown the BTFO out
>>
>>35732537
Cut and switch programs
>>
>>35732518
>>35732537
lol, another Rippletits victim

You deserve it, you dumb bitch. So does anyone else who follows is dumb advice.
>>
File: 1441851075435.png (1 MB, 912x905) Image search: [Google]
1441851075435.png
1 MB, 912x905
>>35732537
>>
>>35732518
>>35732537
You're not fat but you could look quite bigger. It looks obvious you skipped on something: either progression or sleep.

Do the progression correctly, eat enough, sleep enough, and your lifts will go up.

Start doing pull-ups (negatives until your first good one) and acc. work (3d cable crossover, lateral raises etc) to add more volume.
>>
>>35732678
Try PHUL, with linear progression. I've had great results with it.
>>
>>35732149

you don't eat 220g+ protein a day. you eat 1g of protein per pound you weight. rest is 20%-25% good fats, 80%-85% good carbs. and veggies for micros.

you wanna 'bulk' ? you only eat 300 cals surplus.

you have to change routines every 3 months so your muscles doesn't get used to the training.

also your lifts aren't that bad. your only shitty lift is chest. could be 5-10 lbs higher.
>>
How? Seriously how? How did you gain that much weight without equivalent strength gains?

I'm fat and cutting after not lifting consistently for a year and I still beat you on every lift on my first session back at the gym. I have a sprained wrist and it has been painful for me to bench or OHP and I was still able to put up 30 lbs more than you on both lifts on my first session in months.

So how is it that my completely unimpressive stats, reached almost entirely while cutting from a fat as fatass are worse than someone who perma-bulked for 2/3 of a year?
>>
this board is almost 8 years old now, how the fuck do people still get trolled into doing SS? unbelieveable.
>>
>>35732149

>82 The Press

Well meme'd sir
>>
>>35732518
>>35732537
It's because you started as a skinny fat. Should of cut to skinny then bulked coming from a former skinnyfat
>>
File: smug5.jpg (11 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
smug5.jpg
11 KB, 212x238
>>35732149
>Do SS+GOMAD, get a legit strength coach not some PT to show me the lifts
>>
>>35732972
Your fat as fuak body was used to heavy loads already skinny fat is the weakest you can be
>>
>>35732149
lmao you cuck, if you wanted to look good why would you follow a routine which just makes you fat as fuck? SS and SL are confirmed troll routines.

Also all the faggots who say "I wish I done SS when I was a beginner" key word "I WISH" which means they didn't do any of that shit to get their physique yet they are always preaching it making noobs believe that it is a good routine. Some faggots even buy the book rofl.

If you wanted to look shredded or muscular then do a training routine that makes you look muscular. I was doing SS before and it's horse shit, since then I switched up my routine to dumbbells apart from the squat and I've made way better gains in shorter amount of time...can do one chin up after 3 years

>I'm 6"3
>13 stone
>>
>>35732756
>you have to change routines every 3 months so your muscles doesn't get used to the training.

Yeah man, gotta confuse those muscles
>>
>>35733062
>can see the guy's ribs
>skinnyfat
>>
>>35733016
its in the sticky and every one new asking a questiong gets told to read it
are you really surprised
this board probably has the highest "turnover rate" of members too
>>
>>35733128
>can do one chin up after 3 years
>3 years
>one chin up
>>
>>35733181
fat doesnt always stick to the ribs first, he obviously has a bit of a belly
not true skelly mode at least
>>
>>35733212
kek

>>35733128
I started weak af, 3 months slacking with ICF and SS (still dyel) and I can do chin-ups.
> inb4 manlet, I'm 6'5
>>
>>35732149
Did SS for 1.5 months:

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 176lb

Ohp: 110lb
Bench: 175lb
Low bar squat: 195lb
Dlift: 235lb
Pclean: 135lb
Chin-up: 8 reps

Maybe you have a learning disability.
>>
File: cowboy_bebeed.jpg (41 KB, 336x330) Image search: [Google]
cowboy_bebeed.jpg
41 KB, 336x330
>>35733278
OP here, kill me
>>
Wait faggots, you told me to read the fucking sticky, now you tell me I'm doing it wrong? What should I do then assholes?
>>
>>35732149
Do Jad's Fitness challenge please.
>>
>>35733433
the sticky is fine, just dont do SS + gomad
unless
you are a skelly
AND
the ONLY thing you care about is getting stronger and heavier
>>
>>35733433
1. Sticky got SS wrong - no one should do that
2. Sticky never said GOMAD is good. The reason you're fat is your own stupidity. The reason your routine is shit is because no one here knows anything about them and you sought the popular one attested to by retards which isn't entirely your fault.
>>
>>35732149
How old are you OP? Because honestly if what you're saying is true (unless you changed the program drastically) you should have way more progress I went from 190 lbs to 150 lbs in 6 months and I had way stronger lifts than you.
>>
File: 1432704760348.jpg (72 KB, 600x177) Image search: [Google]
1432704760348.jpg
72 KB, 600x177
>doing SS for 3 months
>eating a shitload every day
>still can't squat one fucking plate because I am incapable of sleeping properly
>>
>>35733504
>>35733607
Not OP, I'm skelly but not doing GOMAD, counting calories eating with a 300 surplus, been doing SS for almost two months. What should I do instead? Someone on the thread mentioned PHUL, that would be better?
>>
>>35733809
PHUL, full body, PPL, whatever - all are literally better than SS.

Slight surplus on lifting days. No surplus on rest days. Deficit and/or cardio on rest days when your body fat goes over 13%. Stay lean all year round. Don't be a fatfuck. Literally no one cares about your lifting stats other than fitness community homosexuals. Don't look like a wide retard to appeal to them.
>>
>>35733714
>>
>>35733863
>Deficit and/or cardio on rest days when your body fat goes over 13%
Lmao you fucking retard so you think you can actually expect to gain significant muscle in a not ridiculously long amount of time while staying strictly at 10-12% bf. SS isn't perfect and most people fuck it up and are too retarded to modify it sensibly after a few month, but why is the opposite camp so fucking idiotic. OP your Ohp and Bench are fucked because your form is shit and you don't try hard enough, it's not the routine. Sure you could hop on a split now but don't expect to ever bench 2pl8 if you couldn't even hit 1pl8 after 8mos and 30kg bw gain.
>>
>>35732320
GOMAD is for people who have trouble eating their calories. it does that very well. again, dont be retarded and watch your calorie count, and stop it if you get too fat.
>>
File: killme.png (210 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
210 KB, 600x390
>>35733979
>don't expect to ever bench 2pl8
>>
>>35733128
>3 years
>one chin up
>this are the people giving advice on /fit/
>>
>>35734091
He's obviously joking, are you autistic?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.