[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your opinions on Jujimufu? He's got muscle and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
What are your opinions on Jujimufu? He's got muscle and mobility. Do you guys think this is ideal?
>>
why would "mobility" be related to being ideal? i guess if you want to do the splits to show off to girls thats fine but there's really no other point in flexibility
>>
>>35728268
big flying monkey faggot is what his name mean in voodoo nigger speak
>>
He is a crazy fucker, I love it.

Not really interested in the tricking stuff, but his lifting is pretty based even if he is obviously roiding.
>>
>>35728268
>looks like he is 40 but is 25?

He is cool, just does his own thing without judging other people.
>>
>>35728286
Having muscles and flexibility is the best way to grow old in good health.
Most elderly people do well until they fall, break their hip, and then waste away in the hospital, or get sick there.
Muscles and mobility will preven that.

I'd rather be like Clint Eastwood when I'm old.
>>
>>35728320
how would flexibility prevent breaking your hip?
>>
He looks like a /fit/ Jeff Bridges so I approve
>>
>>35728268
seems like a cool guy
also a good example to point too when people go "hurrdurr roiders cant do shit"
>>
>>35728286

Are you seriously trying to imply that there's no point to flexibility?

How about:
>less likely to get injured
>better circulation
>better joints due to more fluid movement
>better posture
>more functional in general

You best be trollin
>>
>>35728360
>less likely to get injured
[citation needed]
>better circulation
[citation needed] and there are way better ways to achieve this like foam rolling
>better joints due to more fluid movement
>more fluid movement
You best be trollin
>better posture
you don't need to be mobile to have good posture
>more functional in general
how is being able to do a split functional?
>>
>>35728286
C'mon, op wants to fuck him alright?? Just go along..

Yeah sure op, looks 'ideal', you should get together.
>>
>>35728286
are you retarded? only a dumb meathead, and this coming from someone being 210lb 8% bodyfat, could think theres no point in being flexibel.

>those healtgy joints at age 70
>that low injury rate
>that athleticism
>that ability to adapt to new sports
>that well rounded not onesided athletic body

fucking pleb

i bet you die walking up a pait of stairs
>>
>>35728417
>better circulation
>citation needed
>says it himself that it gives better circulation

ok, mane. we get it, you like shitposting
>>
>>35728417

I'm not doing your research for you. How about you take like a year 1 anatomy or physiology course. Better yet, go talk to ANY sports medicine doctor, physio/physical therapist etc.

We're not talking about the splits idiot. Mobility/flexibility in general. Honestly I'm pretty offended that you're this stupid like really? There's a reason every sport/athlete in the world basically mobility, and it's not just to 'show off'.

Proper natural posture is the product of flexibility and ONLY flexibility. You can try to strain to force good posture, but you will not maintain without being flexibile.
>>
all right so just so you illiterate fucks understand, im talking about mobility at the level of being able to do a fucking split. not being able to tie your shoelaces you retards
>those healtgy joints at age 70
you don't need to be able to do a split to have healthy joints at 70
>that low injury rate
[citation needed]
>that athleticism
retarded buzzword
>that ability to adapt to new sports
sure, if you want to be ready to do taekwondo or olympic lifting all the time then yeah go ahead and keep stretching. but 99% of people wont do sports that require flexibility to that level
>that well rounded not onesided athletic body
again, meaningless buzzwords.

i hope you die being a weak fuck
>but at least i squat 225 ayteegee!!1
>>35728440
i didnt say it gives better circulation, i said there are ways that are smarter in general that give better circulation
>>
>>35728457
>Better yet, go talk to ANY sports medicine doctor, physio/physical therapist etc.
yeah, cause physios are ALWAYS correct. nice authority fallacy.
>We're not talking about the splits idiot
i specifically mentioned the splits in my first post. my point was all based on mobility beond the level of being able to tie your shoelaces
>There's a reason every sport/athlete in the world basically mobility
has anyone ever been as far as decided to go even look like?
>Proper natural posture is the product of flexibility and ONLY flexibility
no, its a matter of strength and being aware of good posture because if your posture is limited by your flexibility, forcing good posture acts as a stretch itself.

flexibility work in the absence of a flexibility problem is a waste of training time. IOW, stretch solves a specific problem, and is not an automatic a part of an effective exercise program.
-Mark Rippetoe
>>
>>35728468
you might have said that in your mind but that is not what you said, accept that.

also what you are arguing is basically that being a contortionist isnt very beneficial to your health as an exageration. no shit the splits wont make you more healthy but flexibility will. nice strawman i guess unless someone was actually arguing that the splits makes you a healthy human. nice one.

btw buzzword is a buzzword too and you arent actually disputing anything. hopeless idiot niceeee
>>
>>35728360

This.
>>
>>35728331
You avoid falling in the first place
>>35728492
>>>35728457
>>Better yet, go talk to ANY sports medicine doctor, physio/physical therapist etc.
>yeah, cause physios are ALWAYS correct. nice authority fallacy.
Nice fallacy fallacy, you retarded turdburglar.
>>
>>35728492

>'nice authority falacy'
>quotes Mark Rippetoe
>>
>>35728492
>i specifically mentioned im arguing for something retarded!
>Im meming!
>if you cant sit in a certain position because of horrible mobility just sit in the position, duh!

immobile retired amateur powerlifter says i dont gotta!

oh i see
>>
>>35728529
>rippletit's opinion has more weight(cuz he is a powerlifter gitit?) than the backing of an enourmous scientific community!

im thinking youre shitposting but there are people as stupid as you so im torn
>>
>>35728514
you might think that i said that in your mind but that is not what i said, accept that.

buzzword is a buzzword for sure but its not like "athleticism" means anything concrete. it's useless as an argument so there's no point in arguing against it.
>>35728529
>You avoid falling in the first place
and how does flexibility help in that?
>Nice fallacy fallacy, you retarded turdburglar.
most of the physios or sports doctors base their knowledge on stupid shit from the 50s. there are no studies to support that flexibility prevents injury unless it prevents proper technique in the sport. the thing is, most sports are not affected by flexibility (unless you're 90 years old and a cant tie your shoelaces) and the sports that are maintain that flexibility cause the sport itself acts as an stretch. you dont need to stretch to be able to squat, for example, because you squat with the bar alone for warmup and that acts as a dynamic stretch.
>>35728531
>>35728548
i could remove the name but that wouldnt change the argument at all. i just thought its a good way to get my point through - there are some benefits to some amount of flexibility, but it's overrated.
>>35728540
>Im meming!
its not like the sentence made any sense
>if you cant sit in a certain position because of horrible mobility just sit in the position, duh!
nice strawman. if flexibility restricts a certain position, why wouldnt straining to get into that certain position act as a stretch? besides, 99% of people with bad posture CAN get into that good posture. it's a matter of being able to hold that position, and that's due to weakness.
>>
also, i hope you retards understand that flexibility (or mobility if we're using these retarded buzzwords) is not a property of the muscle tissue itself, it's a property of your CNS.
>>
>>35728268

Why do all these people have to have such faggoty names. Where's lol4plaets Paul and Curlbro Kyle? Instead we get shit like zaboomafu
>>
>>35728571
>stubborn because he wont accept his bad wording
>athlrticism entails ability to be active without trouble
>without basic flexibility you cant get into positions thatvprevent you from falling
>you just proved that flexibility is needed
>most people arent active and their bodies become stiff and unusable
>you are in these scenarios everybody has an "athletic" level of flexibility
dont come back with that bullshit about im arguing about the splits because literally no one here thinks the splits help you.

>strawman strawman!
buzzbuzz, it isnt. you said that if someone cant sit in a position to just sit in that position. if someone is unable to and forces themselves into it then it isnt an effective stretch. honestly i dont know, i hear the chinese force children into splits so maybe it is effective
>>
>>35728698
>stubborn because he wont accept his bad wording
i accept that i worded badly
>athlrticism entails ability to be active without trouble
99% of people are flexible enough to be active without trouble
>without basic flexibility you cant get into positions thatvprevent you from falling
that's really fucking basic flexibility, like you wouldn't be able to pick something off the ground level inflexibility. again, of course you need _some_ flexibility or you couldn't move a single muscle, but that's not my point.
>their bodies become stiff and unusable
so the solution is to become active, not stretching
>to just sit in that position.
i never said "to just sit in that position", i said to strive to get yourself to that position
>forces themselves into it then it isnt an effective stretch
why not? the force comes from the muscles antagonistic to the muscle thats being stretched
>>
File: 1449942982924.gif (1 MB, 256x249) Image search: [Google]
1449942982924.gif
1 MB, 256x249
>>35728529
I'm not interested in the arguement I just wanted to say that I appreciate the word "turdburglar"!
>>
>>35728733
>accepted it
>said no you accept it
>no they are not, trouble is incredibly broad and can be miniscule things
>some people dont have the flexibility to contirt the body from falling in an awkward position
>being active gives you flexibility because while heing active you are stretching
you said to strain and you didnt clarify to work towars it, you just said sit in the position

i dont know much about bodies but if you force yourself to touch your toes when you cant touch your toes i think bad things happen

you also said earlier basically that if you cant move you cant do anything so like that is retarded.
>>
>>35728857
>some people dont have the flexibility to contirt the body from falling in an awkward position
bullshit
>while heing active you are stretching
what?
>you said to strain and you didnt clarify to work towars it
whats the difference?
>i dont know much about bodies but if you force yourself to touch your toes when you cant touch your toes i think bad things happen
thats only one, very specific example. cant be generalized like that. and if you keep your back straight, nothing bad will happen.
>ou also said earlier basically that if you cant move you cant do anything so like that is retarded.
what?
>>
>>35728893
the human body can get into many weird positions, I wouldnt say bullshit but unlikely.

being active=stretching your body

stretching isnt suppose to be a strain, it is a light tug on your body.

prove it, do the splits right now. it's not generalized it is an exaggerated position becauze if someone is unable to get into that position it is most likely not good for them.

you said if you dont have any flexibility then you cant move any muscles. that is like me saying if i dont have fingers then i cant put my finger in my nose. i just wanted to point out how retarded that is
>>
>>35728893
>>>35728857
>>i dont know much about bodies but if you force yourself to touch your toes when you cant touch your toes i think bad things happen
>thats only one, very specific example. cant be generalized like that. and if you keep your back straight, nothing bad will happen.
>if you keep your back straight
Do you know what 'force yourself' means?

>if you drive really fast, you'll probably get into an accident if you have no proper experience driving fast
>bullshit, if you drive at a normal pace, nothing bad will happen
>>
>>35728952
>stretching isnt suppose to be a strain, it is a light tug on your body.
im not saying to strain the muscle that is stretched. strain wasnt really the best word, strive would be better.
>prove it, do the splits right now.
i cant but i dont see the problem of gradually working to a split. the principle is the same in forcing good posture except most people CAN get themselves into that good posture. it's a matter of holding that posture, unless you have structural issues.
> i just wanted to point out how retarded that is
that's my point.
>>
File: 1439896436050.webm (1 MB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
1439896436050.webm
1 MB, 450x472
I'm guessing the guys saying being flexible has no benefits are rigid and immobile...

>mfw
>>
>>35728268
he is reddit
>>
>>35729013
yes, i am rigid and "immobile". so what? i can squat just fine, i can deadlift just fine, i can do everything i need to just fine.
>>
>>35729022

We all know which one you are kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
>>
>>35729032
no, this is more like me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZZ2xKKb-T0

and so what if i were one of those equipped PLing guys?
>>
>>35729013

LOL THIS WEBM
llololol
>>
File: man5.jpg (79 KB, 675x506) Image search: [Google]
man5.jpg
79 KB, 675x506
>>35729048
lmfao you look like shit either way

>mfw
>>
>>35729063
so what?
>>
>>35729069

lmao... you just admitted your weak and scrawny bro... cmon.

CMON.
>>
>>35729075
i dl 5x440, not exactly strong but not really weak either.

anyway, whats your point?
>>
>>35729097
basically...

your weak...
and...
look...
like shit...
and... we should NOT...
listen to your 'advice'
>>
>>35729125
nice authority fallacy

https://www.blackwellpublishing.co.uk/content/BPL_Images/Content_store/Sample_chapter/9781405132985/9781405132985_4_003.pdf
>>
>>35729007
You arent good at communicating, ok. I knew that from the start but cmon.

so if i pull my hamstrings trying to touch my toes but my backvis straight errything will be aight

no, your point was that if you cant pick something off the ground then you cant contort your body into awkward positions. a point of yours that has no relevancy to that is you saying you need gas for a car to work. what we were talking about is how good the tires are
>>
What he can do is cool but hes just a huge tryhard faggot,roided to the gills and just fake as fuck.
>>
>>35729130
you = pansy little bitch.
>>
>>35729133
>so if i pull my hamstrings trying to touch my toes
why would you pull your hamstrings trying to touch your toes?
>your point was that if you cant pick something off the ground then you cant contort your body into awkward positions
it was just an example, but the point is _very_ few people are too inflexible to not be able to fall safely

source here >>35729130
>>
>>35729173

shitposter here,

it's not about 'falling safely' it's about the aftermath of the broken bone, or pulled muscle, etc that will leave an elderly person potentially bedridden for weeks or months on end, which would decrease flexibility. If one were to be immobile already at the point of becoming bedridden, they're going to be EXTREMELY immobile after mending a broken hip or other bone for over a month, especially at old ages.

I know from experience that PT on an individual over 65 can take extremely long times for minimal results, which can cause some patients to just give up and stay laying around until they are 1. stuck in a bed or 2. just dont care about living and refuse to eat so they die
>>
>>35729173
do you understand the point im trying to make and just saving face?

no, your point wasnt that.now you are making that point.

what is that source? it says unsafe
>>
Splits look stupid and feminine. Why would a guy want any of that? Stretching beyond being able to touch your toes standing is worthless. And pre-lifting stretching decreases your muscle strength by like 10%. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>35729286
>stretching beyond being able to touch your toes standing is worthless
mom, what is a roundhouse kick?
>>
>>35729333
Something that doesn't work in reality.
>>
>>35729372
That's definitely wrong, because a lot of people have been knocked out by roundhouses. I don't think you have an accurate understanding of what a roundhouse kick actually is. It's just a kick 'forwards' using a hip and trunk twist and following through with the leg. It doesn't need to be swung in a wide, obvious circle. Please don't try and comment on the effectiveness of something you are obviously ignorant of.
>>
>>35728314

he's 30, but yeah, looks older.

u niggas wish u can do dis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4nwhrYhqdc
>>
>>35729286
>pre-lifting stretching decreases your muscle strength by like 10%

[citation needed]
>>
>>35729523
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22316148

:^)
>>
>>35728286
>no point in flexibility
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
File: 1441672944189.jpg (289 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1441672944189.jpg
289 KB, 900x1200
>>35728417
And here children we have a faggot pussy to weak to take the pain associated with stretching.
Don't be like him children, you'll never make it.
>>
File: 1441453034742.jpg (128 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
1441453034742.jpg
128 KB, 679x960
>>35729238
>saving face
>anonymous swedish leather working forum

hehooahhheeeee good one mate.
>>
>>35728417
You be dumb, really really dumb
>>
>>35730617
don't even waste your time on that stiff ass, herky jerky moving motherfucker
>>
>>35728624

Dude... the name is from 2008.

It's forgivable, we all had stupid handles back then.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.