[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i dont lift but is it unhealthy to eat too many eggs? i fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: frenchtoast.jpg (294 KB, 610x407) Image search: [Google]
frenchtoast.jpg
294 KB, 610x407
i dont lift but is it unhealthy to eat too many eggs?
i fucking LOVE french toast, i eat at least 10 eggs per day from french toast. i've heard it's good for bodybuilders but i don't lift. will it hurt me to eat this many eggs?
>>
Obviously 10 fucking eggs a day isn't a good idea, but you're also eating a bunch of white bread, syrup, and powdered sugar. Do you really need confirmation that this isn't a healthy way to eat every day?
>>
>>35726915
Not op but I want citations to end this debate once and for all.No shill citations from the farmer/egg industries as well.
>>
>>35726926

Citations for what? That eating 10 eggs in a day is stupid or that eating so much french toast every day that 10 eggs are required to make it is stupid?
>>
>>35726938
That too many eggs fuck you up.
>>
>>35726926
>>35726938
>>35726945
>>35726877

http://authoritynutrition.com/how-many-eggs-should-you-eat/

Goes into decent detail and all the cites are from proper studies. Worth reading if interested about eggs
>>
>>35726938
>or that eating so much french toast every day that 10 eggs are required to make it is stupid?
i always put 5 eggs in 4 slices of bread, and i eat 4 slices per serving. and i usually eat 2 servings per day, sometimes i'll throw in a cheeky 3rd serving at night, that's 15 eggs.

it sounds like alot but it just adds up real quick because you need so many eggs to make some good french toast
>>
>>35726877
Lies
>>
Too much of anything is never good brah. Add some variety for fucks sake
>>
>>35726877
>>35726971
Post a pic of your french toast made with 5 eggs
>>
>>35727008
yea its a real problem i have. i can't into variety.

i have these phases where i'll eat nothing but the thing i like. i've had it with pizza, chips, pancakes and now french toast. i honestly don't eat anything else except a banana and some chocolate milk here and there.
>>
They make me a little constipated when I eat them straight on there own but if you're cooking with them and mix them they aren't really a problem.

Apart from that they are really good for you man.
>>
>>35726959

Authoritynutrition is a quack website, and a lot of his references are to people who work for/with the egg industry. For example,

>Common recommendations include a maximum of 2-6 yolks per week. However, there really isn’t much scientific support for these limitations (5).

Reference 5 is to this article written by Stephen Kritchevsky

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07315724.2004.10719429

You might read that and go "this looks sciency and it's saying that eggs are fine"

But the guy who wrote it sits on the advisory board of the Egg Nutrition Council, and in that context we can see that the paper is really written with the intent to lobby for eggs.

Further down

>Total and LDL cholesterol levels usually don’t change, but sometimes they increase slightly (9, 10, 11, 12).

3 out of 4 of these references are funded by the Egg Nutrition Center, and the one that isn't found a clear relationship between egg feeding and rises in LDL cholesterol

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6142348

This video explains the results (and biased interpretations) of the first two references

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/
>>
>>35727051

Oh yeah, and the authoritynutrition guy is on the egg industry's shill list, being paid a few thousand dollars to blog about eggs in a positive light

http://www.eatdrinkpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/Blogger-plan-including-the-targets.pdf
>>
>>35727045
Whats your french toast recipe brah
>>
it collars yes, clips, no not really I just like your Down's syndrome
>>
>>35727096
bread, eggs and milk
with some syrup on top

not sure what you expected?
>>
File: Egg.jpg (4 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
Egg.jpg
4 KB, 160x160
>>35726877
Egg
>>
>>35727106
Pics of completed toast pls
>>
>>35726877
Protip: Pretty much ALL nutritional studies are pure bullshit that is never successfully verified or controlled for all influential factors.
Our digestive tracts are ecosystems, not labs.
Literally the only thing you can do to make sure you're eating healthy is:
>don't eat the exact same stuff every day
>if what you eat makes you feel weak or sick, stop eating it
>don't limit your diet to just a few things
>generally practice moderation in everything
>get bloodwork done once a year and whenever you suspect something might be up
>>
>>35727045
>pizza
>chips
>pancakes
>french toast
>banana
>chocolate milk

There's a name for that, and it's called being addicted to simple carbs.
My advice is to cut the amount of carbs you eat in half, and make all of that complex carbs, then see how you feel after 2 weeks.

Otherwise, say hello to the Beetus in 10-20 years.
>>
>>35727125
why the fuck would i take pics of my french toast?
and no im not gonna make french toast right now just to take a pic for you. stop posting.
>>
>>35727080
>>35727051
Thanks anon, we need people like you
>>
>>35727051
Well damn, thank you for saying im wrong, and then backing it up with facts
>>
>>35727163
Rude. Just rude
>>
>>35727106
>no spices
>no vanilla

TF is wrong with you, anon?
>>
>m-muh egg industry

Eggs are consumed whole, multiple times a day in Spain and their cholesterol levels are no higher than Americans. Same deal in east Asian countries. The new dietary guidelines are consistent with conclusions every country other than the USA has come to.

>>35727180
He's trying to turn you vegan. Eatdrinkpolitics is a source of GMO scaremongering. He's probably the same Anon that preached the evils of eggs and muh egg industry in a different thread citing vegan web sites that were known PETA supporters.
>>
>>35727200
i can actually enjoy french toast without anything. most of the time i don't even put syrup on it because i just appreciate the french toast
>>
>>35727180
>>35727187

Just spreading around what I've learned about the topic

>>35727215

This guy's a crazy man
>>
>>35726945
10 eggs a day is way too many eggs. Just dont do it.
>>
>>35727365
There's no correlation between eaten cholesterol and your bloods cholesterol. It's fine. Eat 'em all.
>>
>>35727372

Not only is that not true, 10 eggs is like 20 grams of saturated fat as well
>>
>>35727106
>no cinnamon
what the absolute fuck?
>>
File: reversediabetes.jpg (111 KB, 1341x651) Image search: [Google]
reversediabetes.jpg
111 KB, 1341x651
>>35727051
>>35727230
>http://nutritionfacts.org
>get this pop-up immediately
>website is owned and operated by Michael Greger

Your source is a fucking vegan peta supporter website just like I thought fuccboi.

http://www.humanewatch.org/hsus_doc_exposed_as_schlock/

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/death-as-a-foodborne-illness-curable-by-veganism/

https://www.consumerfreedom.com/2007/07/3401-sometimes-md-stands-for-medical-dodo/

http://www.peta.org/living/food/crohns-disease/

Gee what a fucking surprise a PETA fucknut is advising people not to eat eggs and trying to convince people not to trust studies that promote eggs.
>>
>>35727163
Post pics pls
>>
>>35727487
shut the fuck up

>>35727414
read >>35727225
>>
File: Picture15[1].png (325 KB, 384x708) Image search: [Google]
Picture15[1].png
325 KB, 384x708
>>35727465

Humanewatch and the Center for Consumer Freedom are ran by Richard Berman, an industry lobbyist hired to sling mud on people who advocate healthy eating. Pic is one of his ad campaigns, attacking New York's mayor Bloomberg for trying to get people to drink less soda.

Harriett Hall's critique critices one of Greger's presentations by making personal attacks and criticizing things he didn't say.

http://donmatesz.
blogspot.com/2013/02/harriet-halls-critique-of-gregers.html

With that out of the way, if you'd like to comment on the actual video and explain why you disagree with it, go ahead and we'll have a discussion.
>>
>>35727514
Why no pics?
You eat them 3 times a day, ample time
>>
>>35727549
because i dont take pics of the food i eat. stop posting.
>>
>>35727225
Wow it's amazing you can eat the same bland food again and again without problem.
>>
>>35726877

I'd be more worried about the eggs and sugar you dumb shit.
>>
>>35727536
>Humanewatch and the Center for Consumer Freedom are ran by Richard Berman, an industry lobbyist hired to sling mud on people who advocate healthy eating

None of which is nearly as damning as Greger's close associations with the HSU aka PETA.

>With that out of the way, if you'd like to comment on the actual video

Why the fuck would I watch a video on a web site with a "REVERSE DISEASE BY CHANGING DIET (BECOME VEGAN)" pop-up? If the first thing I see is dangerous misinformation that can actually kill people or worsen their condition nothing on the web site has any value.
>>
>>35726877

It's unhealthy to eat anything less than fifteen eggs a day.
>>
>>35727556
Yet you come to a mongolian pottery forum to talk about eating the same bland shit 2-3 times a day
>>
>>35727623
im here to talk about my health. what have you contributed to my thread? get out faggot.
>>
>>35727180
Looking forward to when you make a post with references :^)
>>
>>35727602
I'm a doctor and can confirm this.
>>
>>35727640
>Hey guize, is eating large amounts of the same bullshit okay for my rectum?
>I could have just google'd this but I'm to much of a mongoloid to figure out keywords
>pls spoon me guize
You may want delete this useless thread and then kill yourself.
>>
>>35727405
So?
>>
File: plant based artery healing.png (490 KB, 908x681) Image search: [Google]
plant based artery healing.png
490 KB, 908x681
>>35727601

>None of which is nearly as damning as Greger's close associations with the HSU aka PETA.

It's literally that guy's job to spread bullshit, attack and slander people who oppose the industries he's paid by. Greger does openly and proudly work for the Humane Society (which isn't PETA), as director of public health. That job allows him the financial freedom to run his non-profit website and go on tours giving speeches and presentations on health

>Why the fuck would I watch a video on a web site with a "REVERSE DISEASE BY CHANGING DIET (BECOME VEGAN)" pop-up?

So that you can at least pretend to be open minded by listening to the argument of the person you're asserting is wrong. As a side note, the "reverse disease" claim isn't bullshit, and he uses the phrase "whole food, plant-based diet" rather than vegan since he acknowledges that the phrase vegan doesn't necessarily suggest a healthy diet

http://dresselstyn.com/JFP_06307_Article1.pdf

His website is suggested as a helpful resource by Kaiser Permanente, the largest healthcare organization in the United States, who also advocate this type of diet

http://share.kaiserpermanente.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/The-Plant-Based-Diet-booklet.pdf

Now would you like to watch the video I linked and see what the man says before you claim he's wrong about everything?
>>
>>35727536
>implying soda is bad
>>
File: karatay.jpg (27 KB, 606x340) Image search: [Google]
karatay.jpg
27 KB, 606x340
>>35726877
wash them down with butter
>>
>>35727911
>Greger does openly and proudly work for the Humane Society (which isn't PETA)

The Humane Society of the United States has close ties to PETA. I don't know why you're willing to criticize studies that had people related to the egg industry involved yet claim that HSUS doesn't isn't PETA despite being filled to the gills with former PETA employees, activists and campaigners.

>So that you can at least pretend to be open minded by listening to the argument of the person you're asserting is wrong

I'm not going to give a flat earther video my time so why would I give an alternative medicine quack my time?

>As a side note, the "reverse disease" claim isn't bullshit

Observational studies are useless.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-almost-everything-dean-ornish-says-about-nutrition-is-wrong/

PETA aligned vegan nuts are worse than any lobbyist or political scumbag. No matter how hard someone lobbies facts and public opinion will change policy. Lobbyists have no principles and will change their tune to align with popular opinion and the current political climate.

But facts can never ever reach PETA nutjobs because they're fucking nutjobs. They'll continue playing the same tune regardless of the information because it's a fucking cult.
>>
>>35727215
This. The whole le cholesterol meme has been dropped everywhere except in Amerilard.
>>
>>35727674
>Don't worry about cholesterol
>Don't worry about sat fat
>Don't worry about sodium
#YOLO
#Club29
Make sure you stay away from saunas.
>>
File: egg research.png (372 KB, 1980x1002) Image search: [Google]
egg research.png
372 KB, 1980x1002
>>35728168

>I don't know why you're willing to criticize studies that had people related to the egg industry involved yet claim that HSUS doesn't

I criticize the actual content of the studies, the funding source is just a heads up. When a study is funded by the egg industry, it's often designed in a misleading way to make eggs look good, and the authors use overly positive language towards eggs to reinforce that idea. The video I linked talks about that, and him working with the HSUS doesn't determine whether or not he's right. Whether it's me linking a video to him saying it or me showing you directly, facts are facts. He's not linking to some other PETA-funded study, it's looking at the egg industry's own research and showing how even their best data shows that eggs are harmful, which is a powerful point.

>Observational studies are useless.

That's not an observational study, that's a dietary intervention.

>http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-almost-everything-dean-ornish-says-about-nutrition-is-wrong/

Would you like to discuss this article instead then? If you keep the goalposts in place and act like a reasonable person who's willing to consider someone else's argument, it shouldn't be hard to convince you that this is a fallacious article. Hell, Dean Ornish basically does that already with his responses.
>>
>>35726877
you should leave this place is not kind to normies
>>
File: 1386447436934.png (26 KB, 889x737) Image search: [Google]
1386447436934.png
26 KB, 889x737
>>35728355
you forgot to tip your fedora senpai
>>
>>35726926
>Prepare ad hominem blitz cannon
>>35727051
>FIRE!
Go the fuck away. It's not anyone's job here to help you understand that more than three meals worth of eggs every day is probably a stupid fucking idea.
>>
>>35728355
You forgot to use a comma anon.
>>
Guys, examine has it's goal set on delivering quality reviews of supplements. Their site is easy to understand, and I'd deem them trustworthy.
Compared to the peta-activist studypage, which was godawful to use, seemed to be compromised of paragraph-long statements with lot's of doctor pictures.

https://examine.com/faq/are-eggs-healthy/

Conclusion: nothing alarmingly unhealthy at all.

Also, I eat a fuckton of eggs (5-10 daily), and I've been doing that for almost six months again. I had my blood test done and had a talk with my doctor about my cholesterol levels. Nothing out of the ordinary, all of them were in the better side of the "good" area.
>>
File: 19518-ao1wab.gif (782 KB, 701x418) Image search: [Google]
19518-ao1wab.gif
782 KB, 701x418
Hey guys I DETEST the taste of eggs, but I can eat french toast. Is french toast a good way to get my egg protein without eating the eggs whole(like scrambled and what not)

Eggs actually make me sick, but for some reason I can eat them in things like cake and french toast
>>
>>35727045
How are you not dead?
>>
>>35727640 THIS Board Is about FITNESS not your obsessive eating disorder that will kill you.
>>
>>35727045
>>>35727008 #
>yea its a real problem i have. i can't into variety.
>i have these phases where i'll eat nothing but the thing i like. i've had it with pizza, chips, pancakes and now french toast. i honestly don't eat anything else except a banana and some chocolate milk here and there.

You're depressed. It's called binge eating
>>
>>35726877
There's a dude who ate 30 eggs a day and had higher HDL and Lower LDL; google it

That said, it depends on how the eggs are made and how tolerant your body is of it. Bacon with eggs and pretty much any unhealthy addition will make it greasy and bad. Eggs by themselves cooked are ok. If your body hates eggs; it's not good to force them down.

I like eggs. I can't eat much of it due to the sodium. I'd be better off eating chicken; that's just me.
>>
>>35726877
10 is too much, op.

That said, anyone here scared of eating more than 3 eggs a day is basically a pussy
>>
>>35727051
>complains about biased science and sites
>proceeds to link to nutritionfacts.org, a whole site dedicated to paid PETA shilling of quack science

Holy shit veganfag, you can't even go one post without making yourself look like a fucking moron. All the samefag replies saying how good this post is are obvious as hell too.
>>
>>35728168
I respect your patience in arguing with the vegan fag, but you're wasting your time. The dude is too far gone in his delusional cult, to the point that even basic reasoning skills are beyond him. I mean, he contradicts himself in the same posts where he makes a claim or criticism; clearly he's not all there.
>>
>>35729828

I posted the nutritionfacts video out of convenience so I wouldn't have to take the time to explain everything myself. I did post the gist of what I'm talking about in this pic though >>35728315 which didn't get a reply. You can clearly see how the egg industry funded research is biased in its methods to the pointed where it would be inappropriate to rely so heavily on it in an objective discussion of eggs. Even if the nutritionfacts guy was as biased as can be against eggs, if he's still correct in what he's saying, it doesn't matter. The difference with the authoritynutrition article is that it isn't correct in what it's saying, which is what I tried to show.

>>35729887

>The dude is too far gone in his delusional cult, to the point that even basic reasoning skills are beyond him

I'm in the thread trying to have an honest discussion about this and the guy I'm talking to literally won't even listen to an opposing argument before calling it wrong.

He's got that blindly anti-everything-even-vaguely-related-to-veganism attitude

>vegan fags are so biased and wrong about everything
>why are they wrong?
>because they're biased
>why are they biased?
>because they say things that aren't what I think
>are you biased?
>of course not, I shut out all new information and don't listen to anything that doesn't already agree with what I want to believe, so I can avoid all the bias

That sounds cult-like to me
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.