[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody wear their gi to the gym for a quick workout after karate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11
File: k380e-wkf.jpg (89 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
k380e-wkf.jpg
89 KB, 1200x1200
Anybody wear their gi to the gym for a quick workout after karate sessions?

You'd be surprised how many compliments my gi has gotten me, and whichever station I'm on I have no fear of lunks attempting to fuck with me, because they know.

Gi bros assemble.
>>
>>35723920
Autism: The Thread
>>
File: 1449009483513.jpg (62 KB, 664x836) Image search: [Google]
1449009483513.jpg
62 KB, 664x836
>>
>>35723920
Doesn't mommy pick you up for dinner after your karate class?
>>
Heh, nice try OP, but my shadow ninjitsu would wipe the floor with your silly karate.

*teleports behind you*
>>
Gi? More like gay!
>>
>>35723920
>lunks
>>
File: ChallengeUrself.jpg (265 KB, 1024x694) Image search: [Google]
ChallengeUrself.jpg
265 KB, 1024x694
>>35723920
Keep it in the dojo. Martial arts is great, but ya gotta hide your powerlevels man
>>
>>35723920
Best gi coming through
>>
>>35723988
Thanks doc
>>
>>35723920
No, I don't go to the gym dressed like a fucking autist in boxing gear or some oversized cloth with a shitty belt around my waist. It screams autism and honestly screams "come fuck with me." People view that as a challenge wearing it around in public.
>>
>>35723920

Dude, the pants are okay, but take off the jacket and put on a t-shirt or just wear your rash guard. If you're not wearing a rash guard because karate isn't grappling you're missing out by the way. It's amazing. You take it off and the sweat comes with it and you're fucking clean!

Also, if you have the energy for strength training after class, your dojo and/or style is shit. You should be limping home to scrub the blood out of your clothes.
>>
>>35723920
OP's anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBYmZsUjSFE
>>
>>35724136
>needing bolt cutters to remove a masterlock
breh...
>>
>>35723920
I ripped my gi pants squatting once. I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>35723920
There is a guy who comes and wears an orange beIt. He's Iike six and a haIf feet but his Iegs are Iike 2 and a haIf feet from foot to upper thigh. Fucking weird when he's there IiteraIIy cannot stop Iooking at them.

What IeveI is orange?
>>
>>35723920
As a boxer i always want to beat up people i see wearing Kis at the ymca where i work out, to put them in their place. Even the younglings
>>
>>35724234

hey bro, what would be a good way to take down a 230 lb roidhead who has abit of boxing practice when i'm a 150lb natty with abit of boxing practice as well? weight class ain't gonna mean shit when we inevitably get to beating eachother down
>>
>>35724221

It's pretty low. A serious McDojo might have something like,

white
yellow
gold
orange
green
blue
purple
red
brown
black

Those might be in slightly different orders and some might be omitted. There also might be stripes on them. Generally really commercial schools have a fuck-ton of belts and stripes so they can charge students promotion and testing fees constantly. Others don't give a shit about ranks and might just go white-yellow-blue-green-brown-black, or even in a few cases I've seen white-black, but the latter are usually up their own asses about how hardcore they think they are and are just as shitty as the ones with ten belts and three stripes per belt.

Fuck, that was a rant. Sorry.

I used to play krotty but I grew up.
>>
>>35724221
golem
>>
>>35724234
I absolutely agree. It just gives a message saying "pls fuck my boi pussy and kick my ass."

>>35724247
Depends. Because weight classes actually have a gigantic impact on the power of the punch. And say you're an out boxer. Of he closes the gap on you he could waste you, if he lifts heavy and has power to back his muscle up. If he's like Rich Piano he might've left humanity behind but his strength surely hasn't. It comes down to, are you both equally skilled, and does he have strength to go behind that muscle. Of the answer is yes to both he would more than likely be able to best you. Speed doesn't mean much when someone is several weight classes above you and hits you with 2-3x your punching power.
>>
>>35724136
that is a little cringeworthy
>>
File: bait.gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>35723920
>>
File: bait.png (70 KB, 394x798) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
70 KB, 394x798
>>
>>35724364

eh fair enough. thanks for the input. he's got the muscle mass for sure and a loud mouth included, but i don't think he has the strength. guess ill figure that out soon enough, cheers
>>
>>35724247

>hey bro, what would be a good way to take down a 230 lb roidhead who has abit of boxing practice when i'm a 150lb natty with abit of boxing practice as well?

I was in a similar situation years ago when I was 150lbs and had just starting out in boxing and actually won! (Now I'm a 220lb roider with ALOT of boxing experience haha). Hopefully this will help you.

Anyway I had just left from training to go do my groceries, and was wearing a t-shirt of my boxing gym. This massive guy with tattoos crawling up his neck called me out. He said he was from a different boxing gym and told me to square up. Said he wanted to see what I was made off. Keep in mind this was back when I was a small fry with little experience and we were in a shopping center.

I was reluctant to fight him seeing as he was half a foot taller and around 60lbs heavier, but he wouldn't drop it, so I gave in and put my fists up to fight. (Right out the front of the grocery store! Ikr!)

At the start I kept my distance trying to defend his attacks, hoping he was only joking and would stop and say "yea nice kid keep up the work" or something like that. Unfortunately that wasn't what the guy wanted at all, he was coming at me swinging. I was dodging some blows but not others. I knew I was in trouble, so I sidestepped right as he jabbed with his left. I skirted around the back of him and pulled out my pipebomb. Poor sucker didn't even see it coming. I heard he lives in a wheelchair now.
>>
>>35724429
Best of luck boxer-kun. I hope you win desu.
>>
>>35724540
);-;(
>>
>>35724376
just take a look at the ratings man..
this is a reupload, the mentally challenged idiot of an "artist" wanted to get rid of it
>>
>>35723920
>krotty
I wear my old judo pants around the house though. Comfy as fuck.
>>
File: 1443645406794.jpg (100 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
1443645406794.jpg
100 KB, 576x576
>>35724122
YOOOOOOOOOO, This nig right here, he knows.
Wing chun...non autist edition.
>>
File: 9d8.png (430 KB, 600x653) Image search: [Google]
9d8.png
430 KB, 600x653
Not only do i wear my gi, but i rock the fedora too
>>
>>35723920
No. In fact my sensei said that if he saw me eating my shit around outside the dojo he'd kick my ass because it's bad form like fuck.
>>
>>35723920
Jesus, this has got to bait, If you actually do, then OP why the hell would you do this. Do you have more aspergers and autism than everyone on both /asp/ (which coincidentally is where a post anything like this should probably be though your post would be to shit to even put in /trash/) and /fit/ combined. I train full contact Shotokan and I always changed out of my gi before I went anywhere if I did at all, and of all the places I'd go I wouldnt go to the gym, to train, after training. You can only do yourself no good there. You just trained you should rest and if you go to do any workout you at least wait until later, like the next day.
>>37524122
This anons right you be busy washing your go to have it ready for next time and be too tired from pushing yourself to retardedly overdo it
>>
Daughter is an orange belt in tkd after a few months, I keep paying for it because it builds confidence and keeps her interested in non-degenerate things but it's 100% obvious the whole thing is about money and choreography
>>
>>35724716
>>35724122
>>
Yeah i wear my boxing gear to the park when i'm doing my calisthenics, all the 10 year old cuties playing there throw winks at me.
>>
>>35724708
>getting bullied by the boss of the gym
>>
>>35724780
>training under someone who can't kick your ass
You are doing it wrong.
>>
>>35724794
fuck you
>>
>>35723920
>I have no fear of lunks attempting to fuck with me, because they know.
no one fucks with strangers in the gym, they're just avoiding you because you're a dork
>>
>>35724814
They fear what I'm capable of.
>>
File: 511.jpg (93 KB, 728x1072) Image search: [Google]
511.jpg
93 KB, 728x1072
>>35724260
Sorry you went to a shitty mcdojo and failed to have the way of a man beaten into you
>>
>>35724122
In non-krotty karate wearing a rashy is rather a faux-pas as it's essentially saying "I'm not planning to train hard enough to stay warm so I need an extra layer".
http://www.akka.com.au/dojoinfo.html

I'm sure you know better than a 9th dan who trained under Mas Oyama though.
>>
>>35724716
>Shotokan
kek
>>
I'd like to see the smug look on your faces when no amount of training in the world can prepare you for the raw fury a single pipe bomb contains, and how hard it would be for you and your big muscles to move in time to escape the explosive force a well placed pipe bomb can produce. Nothing beats a pipebomb.
>>
>>35723967
*It's a hologram*
>>
>>35724906
Rationally speaking, if you used any even deflagration agents, not even detonation, you would most likely be killed before the signal could even Traverse the optic nerve, assuming you were destroyed in the blast and not just perforated to bleed out.
>>
>>35724845
"A true master teaches his pupils not through brute force along, but through clever tricks to teach them the error of their way" - Miyamoto Barbosa
>>
>>35724864
>Shotokan
>a Karate style
>kekking
Does it retardedly rustle your jimmies o or something. It's a legit style and when trained full contact is very good.But please continue to add nothing of value to this conversation
>>
>>35724927
Maybe for you bro
>>
I think we are currently experiencing a new form of autism.
>>
>not doing judo
>>
>>35724848
this desu. been doing judo for two years and people who wear rash guards or weird colored gis do it for the attention
>>
>>35725017
Nothing pisses me off more than the /fa/ gis that are around these days. Fucking bjj hipsters.

>is it comfortable
>will it tear easily
There are literally the only factors that matter in a gi.
>>
>>35724988
>falling for the tumbly jew
>>
>>35725039
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRTsabfMTgs
>>
>>35725043
>losing to the chocolate jew
>>
>>35724848
This, basically. It's considered OK for females to wear something under, but any male who can walk shouldn't be wearing something under.
>>
>>35724864
I can tell you don't do martial arts. Shotokan is basically the only non-shit style apart from Kyokushin.

>>35724961
>Legit style
It was the first style, and the only style for so long. Most other "karate" is just an autistic splinter group of Shotokan. Also the only real "style" of merit (Assuming you're JKA, if not, gtfo). The name "shotokan" quite literally says it all.
>>
>>35723973
go away reddit you fucking faggot
>>
>>35725214
Yeah pyjama tag is totally legit
List of not-bullshit karate
>kyokushin
>seidokaikan
>enshin
>kudo/daido-juku (although whether that can still be considered karate is up for debate)

14 years TKD (which i regret)
2 years MMA
A little judo here and there.
8 months~ kudo at the head school in Ikebukero.
>>
>>35725214
>It was the first style, and the only style for so long
Actually it was the first Japanese style. Karate was founded in the Ryukyu kingdom (now okinawa). The original styles were shuri-te, naha-te and tomari-te.
>>
>>35724805
Tumblr tier response. Did anon hurt your feelings, fatty?
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 265x190
>>35725323
>>
>>35724845
Does anyone know what manga this is? It looks like it would be absolutely awesome to read.
>>
>>35725294
WHile that's definitely true, Okinawin Te was closer to wrestling that actual karate. Also nowhere near as structured. Although it was a precurser. Fonakoshi made it much more structured, and the karate we more or less know today.
>>
>>35725255
>implying Shotokan isn't full contact like those styles listed nor can it be trained that way
>implying `pyjama tag` isn't just shit dojoKarate
Just how retarded are you?
And all those styles and not one of them is Shotokan or at the very least Karate Way to generalize and nutride, especially about a style you've never trained in. If your still spewing some `hurr dirt best style shit you`ve clearly proven you haven't bothered to do any research into or properly understand Karate and haven't learned a damn thing about martial arts
>>
>>35723988
That's a BJJ gi not a karate gi.
>>
>>35725418
*mcdojo
>>
>>35725255
Pyjama tag? Lol.

Anyway, I've never heard of any of those styles bar kyokushin, which tells me they probably don't have a big enough following to not be shit. Shotokan is the first japanese style. The JKA is the biggest karate organisation in the world. We've tested it. One of our guys is a top MMA fighter.

Anyway, if you really wanna exchange times, I've been doing shotokan for almost 11 years, with 2 years of kendo as well.
>>
>>35725364
>reverse image search
>>
>>35725450
Sounds more like an issue of ignorance on your part then as seidokaikan founded K1 and enshin the sabaki challenge. It would probably benefit you to move outside your echo-chamber. I thought TKD was amazing until I got my jaw dislocated my first spar when I started mma.
>>
>>35725647
So getting tuned up in MMA means you can't get your shit rocked in any other art and instantly disqualifies a completely separate art? You don't have any right to accuse anyone of ignorance, and he's right. If you look into a subject properly quit acting like you know anything about it
>>
>>35725710
*can look
>>
>>35725722
*can't damnit
>>
>>35724845
thank you for posting this, now I got new shit to read. Can feel my test levels rising already
>>
File: 1450053943504s.jpg (13 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450053943504s.jpg
13 KB, 250x250
>>35723962
>Implying I didn't tell her the class finishes 30 minutes later than it actually does

She'll never find out
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.