[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I just eat cane sugar, dates and bananas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
Why can't I just eat cane sugar, dates and bananas?
>>
>>35714553
Enjoy your obesity, diabetes, and tooth decay, and of course your NO GAINS.
>crippling stupidity on parade
>>
>>35714553

>2016
>Not subsisting solely on milk

What part of GOMAD didn't you understand, OP? Enjoy your solid bowel movements, normie.
>>
>>35714553
god i hate that fucking faggot's fucking face
>>
File: 1424040552452.jpg (46 KB, 416x359) Image search: [Google]
1424040552452.jpg
46 KB, 416x359
>>35714703
>carbs are evvulllllllll
>>
>implying you can get dates
>>
>>35714827
Kek. A top one.
>>
>>35714742
Good thing that in half a decade he got like 15 years older thanks to his shitty diet.
>>
>>35714553
You certainly can eat whatever the fuck you want to
>>
>>35714553
You could, but you would need to be doing a fuck load of long distance cycling a la durianrider.

Dude is a fucking prick who talks out his ass and has absolutely no strength but he can ride. If he wasn't so arrogant maybe could have gone pro as a younger man. When you are hitting 800+km weeks regularly you can eat anything you want.

Freelee is just all kinds of crazy so let's not go there.
>>
>>35714703
You don't get diabetes from eating sweets, idiot. You get it from being fat.
>>
File: combog.png (212 KB, 458x177) Image search: [Google]
combog.png
212 KB, 458x177
>>35714934
>>
>>35715006
>what is lean type diabetes
>what is nearly 80% of type 2 diabetes cases in india
>>
>>35715104
>what is basic medical knowledge
American education, I suppose. Still not correlated with sugar intake, you fucking retard.
>>
>>35715121
Added sugars aren't correlated with diabetes? I think you're the retard here. They're used to INDUCE diabetes in experimental models.
>>
>>35715006
Completely untrue
>>
Anyone who has more muscles than him are on drugs. Unfortunately that means even starving kids in Africa are apparently on drugs.

I saw in one vid and he said he eats like 10,000 calories. Sounds like a lot but he does massive amounts of distance on his bike. Fuck that's a lot of fruit.

There fucking click bate titles of there videos is cringeworthy
>>
>>35715006
Then explain why Durianrider has false teeth?
>>
>>35715104
>lean type diabetes
I don't know
>>
>>35714941
sup hodge bros
>>
>>35715721
Agreed and he brags about how much money he spends on food. His girl must be rich, he's only done youtube, but when they were going to get sued they cried poverty. His lifestyle works for him, so he thinks it's the only thing that works.

I remember I browsed his forum once a long time ago and a girl was asking how to lose weight. She was 5ft even and said she had been doing a lot of cardio and eating like 3k calories a day. Everyone was rude and nasty, telling her to stop starving herself. Then durian comes and makes a condescending comment and tells her to eat even more fruit... To lose weight, eat more.... They all wanted her to eat 4-6k calories a day. This is what these people do. Fatten you up vegan style, waste your money, then switch you to 30 bananas a day and you'll lose weight and go "wow, it works".

Sorry for the long message, I hate this monkey prick
>>
>>35714934
He is an aussie and cycles all day and runs marathons, what do you expect? Btw imo he looks good, especially considering that he was a junkie.
>>
>>35715931
He was a junkie in the past and he got into fights a lot..
>>
>>35715121
They're correlated and have proven causation; this isn't debated by any scientists that I'm aware of. Are people really so stupid as to try to pretend that high sugar intake won't fuck your insulin in the long term? Being fat definitely speeds up the process, but it's not required.
>>
>>35714553
what is wrong with bananas?
>>
>>35715006
Is this faggot for real? lmao
>>
>>35718120
Different anon, it is not the sugar but rather the fat or the combination of them 2.
Sugar is harmless on its own. Media has made a bad rep for sugar and now everbody is scared of carbohydrates in general.
>>
>>35719834
No, sugar in excessive quantities unquestionably leads to diabetes even if you're not overweight. Being overweight or obese has a much higher risk than just sugar intake does, but it's not harmless like you say. Read the link I posted, and I'll see if I can find the ones where sugar is used to repeatedly ans purposefully induce diabetes in rodents as well. That doesn't mean sugar is evil, but it's irresponsible and outright fallacious to say it doesn't cause diabetes in excess. i don't get why people have to treat nutrition like some sort of black and white religious fundamentalism. Wow literally everything you put in your body has positives and negatives, and denying that just makes you look uninformed and willfully ignorant.
>>
>>35720683
Sugar is NOT a problem on its own, it is the fat that prevents the sugar to get to the cell... the combination of excessive fats and sugar is the problem.. why does everybody get this wrong? This is basic af.
Durianrider is not the only one who adds sugar for more calories...many cyclists do this. Sugar won't do shit on its own if your insulin sensitivity is normal.
>>
>>35714553
because your body needs fat and protein and other micro nutrients that these 3 sole food sources can't give you

don't be dumb and have that sort obsessive compulsion about food, limiting it to 3 fruits isn't going to make you less fat

plus, bananas and dates are incredibly calorie-dense, only dumbnesses would think they're some secret weapon diet foods
>>
>>35714553
cane sugar = sugar

any type of "healthy sugar alternarives" out there will just be converted into fructose and glycogen inside your body

you might as well change your diet to white sugar, fibre and insufficient micronutrients
>>
>>35721311
Not true. Date sugar, maple syrup, coconut sugar etc. have more nutritional values and aren't just empty calories.
Fuck off with your low carb meme
>>
>>35721921
value*
>>
Lot of people in the raw vegan community were former drug abusers. They've just found their new fix: constant sugar.
>>
Well Durianrider's definitely not insulin resistant. He's been posting his blood tests for about a decade now and always has normal glucose. His fasting glucose was actually 2-point something in one of his vids, although he said he'd just done a marathon or something. He even posted a vid where he tested his blood sugar after one of those ridiculous 15 banana smoothies and it didn't go out of the normal range.

Can't believe people think he is at any risk of diabetes.
>>
>>35715104

Those "lean" diabetics are probably not lean. "Normal weight obesity" is extremely common. You could easily be 30 percent bodyfat at, say, 6' 160 if you were sedentary.

Lots of people out there in the normal BMI range with big guts and stick arms. How many people with shredded abs develop insulin resistance related diabetes, even with high sugar diets?
>>
>>35722322
Fructose doesn't have the same insulin response as other sugars
>>
>>35714714
Since I actually try things instead of relaying on the memes spammed here GOMAD isn't that bad. I weighted 55 kg and went to 66 kg in 3 months, then of course I stopped GOMAD and returned to a balanced diet.
If you are too skinny for your height like I was and keep it for a short period of time you don't need to worry. I ate probably 7000 kcal a day (my TDEE is around 2300) with modified GOMAD and was in shape again on the fourth month weighting 58 kg.
>>
>>35721252
>fat and protein and other micro nutrients
fat, protein, and carbs are all macro nutrients
>>
>>35721213
You literally sound like someone hired by the Coca-Cola Beverage Science Company to spout this kind of shit on the internet. You are so fucking wrong that it's hilarious. Sugar is A CHRONIC POISON which is why your body will DUMP INSULIN AS FAST AS POSSIBLE INTO YOUR BLOOD STREAM TO PULL IT OUT AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.
>>
>>35723593
Why do vegans always have these conspiracy theories about random shitposters on a tiny corner of the internet being hired by some food/beverage industry to confuse the minds of the proles? Also I can't believe that there are people out here who actually think these druggie anorexics should be taken seriously
>>
>>35723593
I only drink water and tea, joke is on you.
You should do more research if you are being serious, because you sound retarded af.
Insulin spikes because the sugar won't reach the cell cuz of fats.
>>35723623
I am vegan myself, this guy is just tinfoil hat nuts.
>>
>>35723623
They arent anorexic, this is how you look if you only do cardio all day... ever seen a pro cyclist?
>>
>>35723623
Chris Froom from team sky
>>
>>35714553
> Lie
> White your teeth
> Cause more pollution than dairy farming
> Be a loud mouth cunt
> Be bulimic and lie that eating 50 bananas and digesting them is good for you
> Think eating 2 lbs of sugar daily is good for you

fuck i fucking hate these cunts
>>
>>35724240
> Cause more pollution than dairy farming
How?
>>
>>35724207
Fair enough
>>
>>35724217
Durianrider has openly confessed to being a 'former' anorexic, and without those implants freelee wouldn't fool anybody with claims of being healthy.
>>
>>35722392
well re: india there are still cases with BMI below 19 so I doubt visceral adiposity is the only explanation. diet quality can influence partitioning of calories to the visceral adipose depot though, added sugars and saturated fat will do this for example -- http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/82/2/320.long http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/63/7/2356.long

>people with shredded abs
hasn't been studied to my knowledge and probably too small to study with any statistical power, but seeing how carrying around too much fat isn't the only pathway to insulin resistance and having a lot of energetically costly tissue around doesn't guarantee insulin sensitivity (plenty of cancer patients who'd fit in this category) i wouldn't be so quick to rule out the possibility

interestingly, there's also a phenomenon known as "starvation diabetes" where the strong activation of nutrient stress response pathways during extreme caloric deficit blunt intracellular anabolic signaling to the point of impaired glucose uptake. kinda expected since insulin is a generic growth factor and not just for glucoregulation
>>
File: 1418839730796.png (41 KB, 596x334) Image search: [Google]
1418839730796.png
41 KB, 596x334
>>35723623
>>35724207
You are both absolutely bonkers fucking retarded.
>>
>>35714703
You can't get obese if you eat the right amount of calories, even if the food has shitty nutritional value.

I'm not saying OP is right, just making sure you understand that you are retarded.
>>
Their shits must be out of control.
>>
>>35715021
Holy shit he looked like a baby in 2008.
Veganism, not even once.
>>
>>35724366
>saturated fat
That has nothing to do with diabetes.
>>
Eat enough fibre and you can have all the sugar you want cunts
>>
File: 1440612667071.png (151 KB, 449x442) Image search: [Google]
1440612667071.png
151 KB, 449x442
>>35727354
>>
>>35721213
Chronic overconsumption of sugar causes chronically high levels of insulin, which results in decreased insulin sensitivity and diabetes. Being fat causes insulin resistance through inflammation. It's a completely different mechanism, but both can cause diabetes on their own. You are retarded.
>>
>>35727119
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=569860&fileId=S1368980004000187
>>
>>35727119
That post literally said why it contributes to diabetes.
>>
>>35714553
eating your date is cannibalism...
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.